The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The state of Cyrodiil, 10 days in to Faction Lock

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've made my point quite clearly, if you can't understand objective based gameplay and the sole purpose of cyrodiil then there's really no use going back and forth with you. Have a great night.

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The amount of delusions in this thread is comical.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    The amount of delusions in this thread is comical.

Yes I agree, but desperate people will go to any means to prove their point that faction lock is a bad thing.

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    People told you before that nothing would change that and it’s holding true.
    No, absolutely incorrect. Faction lock opponents predicted that faction lock would result in a Doomsday scenario of one alliance overwhelmingly dominating and destroying the balance of PvP. Clearly this is NOT happening. You are completely backpedaling now.

False. Look at scoring DC is getting destroyed. We predicted this because the amount of EP and AD fan boys there are and it’s how it was in the beginning.

History is just repeating itself and “pro-lock” people are ignorant enough to not recognize it.

Actually they've been destroyed in the past too on Vivec. Not because of a lack of population but merely because so many bloops just want to fight empty keeps. Then when they have to engage opponents they fade away. Usually going to other servers until they can get a few raids together to hit another keep that lacks any real defense.

The few that stick around tend to just flee from their own keeps. Then they'd either end up sitting in towers down in the land of the Dumbminion. Or huddling in AD's zone chat bragging about their greatness. Which they'd do even when it means their own side was losing all its keeps, teheir scrolls, and the griffs got EMP. Again.

Or at least that is how it's been for the majority of the last two years on Vivec when Telel was on.

The times the bloops have won have been solely due to organized guilds leading the charge over night for them. Once they left or switched to the outnumbered side the old blue troupe scuttled off to PVdoor some other campaign instead.

Hence why so many jokingly refer to the blue team as the minor leagues of Team Purple. Along with other far more amusing but far FAR more TOS violating titles.

The good news is that due to faction locks keeping the fair weather folks from freely switching sides those 'purple' PVdoor blobs now don't start showing up until around Prime time. Roughly the same time Army of The Crash (and sub raids like Vae Victis) also begin to deploy superior 'skill' into the campaign.

Which means Faction lock has done what most thought it would. Which was to diminish the capacity of poor sports to exploit a system that the immature and spitfeul chose to abuse to its breaking point.

That it exaggerates certain guilds, and teams reliance on the 'strategy' of server crushing numbers is just icing on the cake.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Miriel wrote: »
    So, faction locking has done nothing to change the balance of the main 30 day campaign. Except for a 2 day blitz at the beginning by EP, this has been as balanced or running the same course of the majority of the last main 30 day campaigns.

Obviously faction flipping had no ability to influence this campaign, so unlock it again.

Nope, you have a unlocked campaign, go there... i want a faction locked campaign

It's clearly made no difference, there's been the same amount of trolling with scrolls, the same populations, the same fights at the same times.

It's almost as if what was said in the past, in that we don't influence the score, has proven true.

The 7 day campaign, where all the flipping, trolling, boosting occurs, is what should have been locked, not the 30 day, and this is proving itself to be true.

Just because "you want" though? Which is ironic as faction zerglings like you have constantly told us that we are selfish...

ZoS locked the campaigns, and i like what they did, so do alot of other people...if you want to faction hope you can do that, in the campaign that isnt faction locked, problem solved

And we are requesting that the 7 day campaign be the locked one. People who want to play No CP cannot do that, as there isn't a 7 day No CP. How many damn times...

Then ask for a new campaign, we want to keep the NEW 30 one, that ZOS made locked as it is...

It's like you read nothing above, how is anyone playing multiple factions affecting you? There's been no change at all!

Its a preference, some like apples, some like oranges, i dont like faction hopping and so do alot of other people, clearly since they play in the campaign thats faction locked... you have a campaign for flip-floppers, got there... i want to keep the new 30 day faction locked campaign...

want a flipflop 30day campaign, ask ZOS for it, but stop trying to take away what i and others want
    Edited by Miriel on June 2, 2019 12:44AM
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    So, faction locking has done nothing to change the balance of the main 30 day campaign. Except for a 2 day blitz at the beginning by EP, this has been as balanced or running the same course of the majority of the last main 30 day campaigns.

Obviously faction flipping had no ability to influence this campaign, so unlock it again.

Nope, you have a unlocked campaign, go there... i want a faction locked campaign

It's clearly made no difference, there's been the same amount of trolling with scrolls, the same populations, the same fights at the same times.

It's almost as if what was said in the past, in that we don't influence the score, has proven true.

The 7 day campaign, where all the flipping, trolling, boosting occurs, is what should have been locked, not the 30 day, and this is proving itself to be true.

Just because "you want" though? Which is ironic as faction zerglings like you have constantly told us that we are selfish...

ZoS locked the campaigns, and i like what they did, so do alot of other people...if you want to faction hope you can do that, in the campaign that isnt faction locked, problem solved

And we are requesting that the 7 day campaign be the locked one. People who want to play No CP cannot do that, as there isn't a 7 day No CP. How many damn times...

How many times do we have to tell YOU lol! The 30 day should be locked for people that care about the score and have a basic understanding of objectives, and what Cyrodiil was actually created for. Playing the game as intended should offer better rewards so they locked the right campaign.

That's why you have the 7 day, because you don't care about the score, objectives, or the sole purpose that Cyrodiil was created for. Anti faction lockers keep saying they are the majority, then how come you haven't filled up that 7 day yet? Hmm maybe because you are not the majority and most of us want to play the game the way it was intended.

Why haven't we filled the 7 day one up? Well, because there isn't one for No CP? You also answered your own question as to why CP 7 day isn't full, and that's because of rewards. Another factor is that people are playing the faction locked campaign but are mightily unhappy., hence the reasons for posts like this.

As pointed out repeatedly, multi faction players haven't influenced the scoring...what harm are they doing to you? Why are YOU so selfish to stop people enjoying a different way of playing? Do you stop other factions joining you in dungeons and trials? Of course you don't. You want your cake and you want to eat it too.

I have no problem with adding a no cp camp, but let's be honest, it's still not going to fill up because most people want to play the game the way it was intended.

As far as me being selfish, I think you have me confused with someone else, cough cough. You want all the rewards for not playing the objectives, so who's being selfish?

They made the right decision, it's pretty simple. Play the objectives and fight for your faction and get better rewards or AP farm in the 7 day if you don't care and get less rewards.

Zos was very generous to still give you that option so you have choices. Oh and btw I love cake <3

I think you assume a bit too much about my personal game play considering I only ever play one faction at a time for a considerable amount of time, ie 9 month blocks. I'm speaking for my friends, who play objectives on whatever faction they partake in.

You say the majority want to play the game "as intended", well firstly, prove it, secondly, the game has always been played as intended, people didn't hack their way into playing multi factions, ZOS gave us the choice to do so. They haven't stopped PVE from being multifaction, which miffs me.

People can choose a faction locked campaig, and a no-locked camapign, the proof is that peopel choose the locked camapign... Ifthere was so many and it was so important to play with flipflopping then they would fill up the flipflop campaign, their not... ergo, they cant be that many that thinks flip flopping is imporant...
    Edited by Miriel on June 2, 2019 12:51AM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Miriel you shouldn't enage with people who're just trying to get another thread shut down. They don't bring anything to the discussion that you haven't seen already.

Let's just focus on how amusing it is that some people have to put so much energy into demeaning others when they could instead put that energy into playing a (Relaitively simple) video game with their friends.

Oh, and on how the massive server crushing zergs and zone trolls have less capacity now. A good first step that ZOS will hopefully continue on with.

Preferably with stricter supervision over the more malodorous delinquents.
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    I can see now what type of group/people ruined Cyro PvP.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »
    Collectively, neither side is right or wrong. It's just personal preference.

The party responsible for the issues related to this change and all problems in Cyrodiil is ZOS.
  • bmesi
    bmesi
    ✭✭✭
    @Telel just stop talking already
    Edited by bmesi on June 2, 2019 2:52AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will say, a fair amount of people have been doing non-pvp related things. Happens a lot when a new storyline is dropped. I haven’t really touched Cyrodiil since Elsweyr dropped.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Collectively, neither side is right or wrong. It's just personal preference.

The party responsible for the issues related to this change and all problems in Cyrodiil is ZOS.

Historically in MMOs the loudmouths are usually the ones behind these type of downfall changes and it won't get any better from here on.

Edited by Tsuriel on June 2, 2019 2:56AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are gonna keep using the old names for a while, being ultra pedantic about using the dragon names isn’t a good look for you.
    Please note also that I never said that Yolnahkriin was unpopular BECAUSE it's unlocked. I merely noted the faction locked campaigns are more popular than the unlocked campaign. The cause is something we can debate.

Kaal, Vivec, Azuras Star, True Flame, and Scourge have always been the most popular campaigns because they were the longest duration once the 90 days were removed and CP is enabled.

People told you before that nothing would change that and it’s holding true. Only thing we’re witnessing is when push comes to shove EP players who chose to play other factions went back to EP.

Things have changed... people play for their faction, and can change at the end of a campaign...

Nothing has changed, you all are just experiencing what has already failed before.

But this time, it's new and improved!
    How is a 5k score lead after only 10 days for two of the campaigns not showing imbalance to you???
    It's not a tie across-the-board, but it's not a slaughter either. A lot of what we are hearing is that off-hours activity is skewing the scoreboard. That's a legitimate concern, but it's not really a concern that relates to faction locks. The solution to people painting the map one color overnight is definitely not to allow people to play all sides of the campaign.

You're wrong. It's been explained to you numerous times why.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Historically in MMOs the loudmouths are usually the ones behind these type of downfall changes and it won't get any better from here on.
    That's what everyone thinks about every decision they don't like. Was ZOS also listening to the loudmouths when they removed the previous faction lock?

It's an invalid pov because neither side is inherently correct. There are pros and cons to each approach and pretty much everyone is making a biased argument according to which system suits them best.

Regardless of what motivated the change, ZOS is still to blame for making it and for doing it so poorly. They had to know it would be contentious yet made no effort to reduce the pain caused to players who have been negatively impacted. Even if one prefers locks, they should recognize this isn't how a company should treat its customers.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    You're wrong. It's been explained to you numerous times why.
    Yes, a lot of unsubstantiated nonsense has been posted trying to refute the basic facts I have been claiming. The point of this thread is to provide data to back up my claims, and to irrefutably prove you incorrect. Feel free to post some data of your own, or just keep blindly saying that I am wrong because you have nothing.
    Lethal zergling
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Last night we watched an "AD" find Volundrung or however it's spelled and take it straight to EP and give it to them.

So much for faction locks and fair "game play"

From now on there will be no fair and even game play. AD an DC have no chance whatsoever. More people will roll over to EP because EP will win every campaign unless something is done to address population imbalance.

Also so much for the IC population causing imbalance. Can't state that as an excuse any more.

That is normal. People pick up the volendrung, go to attack the enemy (which you need to do) and die, giving it to them in the process.

It's very convenient when EP and DC bring the volendrung straight to me. :smiley:
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the perfect opportunity for ZOS to make faction swap tokens.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »

I would love to swap the only 3 AD characters on my account to EP to have 16 EP characters.

So you get a +1 from me.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »

And the real reason is revealed! I guarantee they're working on faction swap tokens. Just takes time with their awful coding. I bet they'll be on the crown store. So they didn't really put in oppressive locks because someone screamed louder than the other. It's all about that $$$
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I wonder how many people hate the faction lock and aren't playing in the unlocked campaigns because why bother, as I've heard many anti-lock people say they are doing, and as I and some friends wound up.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made my point quite clearly, if you can't understand objective based gameplay and the sole purpose of cyrodiil then there's really no use going back and forth with you. Have a great night.

I must always laugh when zerglings say they play aliance war and for "objectives". Yet here on PC EU whole aliances are unable to deff keeps or have any tactical thinking. We are taking keeps and outposts regulary as 4 small group and no one comes to deff, because you all are busy fighting and chasing solo players or small scallers over map :lol:
    All you do is stack on one place, because that is all you can do and then you create unnecesary lag and make game less pleasant.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »

I must always laugh when zerglings say they play aliance war and for "objectives". Yet here on PC EU whole aliances are unable to deff keeps or have any tactical thinking. We are taking keeps and outposts regulary as 4 small group and no one comes to deff, because you all are busy fighting and chasing solo players or small scallers over map :lol:
    All you do is stack on one place, because that is all you can do and then you create unnecesary lag and make game less pleasant.

Nice try, I play solo and I am always the one with a few others trying to defend against or getting chased by zergs. I'm also the one that will keep pushing by myself until the keep flags while others hide on the wall light attacking so sorry if you are confused about my play style.

Even as a solo player I have enough sense to understand the benefits of playing the campaign and trying to keep the map healthy.

One thing you are right about though is I do occasionally chase small scalers. I always find it hilarious when a group of 4-6 "elites" run from 1-2 skilled players that aren't even grouped up.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every morning on PC EU it's yellow map, while ep and dc are gate camped. Nice action :smiley: Then dc or ep zergs map and gate camps AD. Huge imbalance in population at certain times. And of course faction locks didn't solved anything than making pvp even more flustrating.

That's going to happen on NA soon enough, just wait... :D
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. At least not on PC anyways. It's mostly the 'wanting to play with friends' types who send eighteen people to fight the two folks who've taken a resource.

And in case you think khajiit isn't being honest with you. They brought gifts to show they do indeed play for objectives, and do not in fact spend their entire time chasing one person with a 'zerg'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPdnHyMVCNg&amp;t=555s

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

Nope. At least not on PC anyways. It's mostly the 'wanting to play with friends' types who send eighteen people to fight the two folks who've taken a resource.

And in case you think khajiit isn't being honest with you. They brought gifts to show they do indeed play for objectives, and do not in fact spend their entire time chasing one person with a 'zerg'.

I mean, chasing 4-5 isn't much more than 2 :P
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

I mean, chasing 4-5 isn't much more than 2 :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7suOkTM0Oo&amp;t=1019s

EDIT: Just to keep things relevant to the new Kallgrontiid campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv640QTDEt8

Edited by Telel on June 3, 2019 3:12AM

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Please put an unlocked 30 day CP campaign beside Kaaldopleburger.

Everyone will be happy.

The forum can return to threads about doors being too weak and who can roll about a tower longest.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in all, things are looking pretty good in Cyrodiil.

Except the fact that it is not playable to players who doesnt live in their mama basement, ya sure, its fine.

PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's hilarious is....EP won the most before Faction Lock, and yet...people are like "see this proves faction lock is bad!"

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ) Faction locked campaigns are popular while the Faction unlocked campaign is not.
    That is false. Faction locked campaigns are popular because they are the only 30 day campaigns that we have. And 30 days campaigns were allways more popular. We could test faction lock popularity only if we had 4 30 days campaigns: two with and two without faction lock.
    B ) The situation on the map is competitive. No one is getting "gated".
    Not yet. Gating emerged after some time when we had the faction lock for the first time. It emerged because new players were asking: "which faction should I choose?" And people were answering: "the one with biggest population".
    C ) EP is dominating score-wise, but not on the ground during prime time. They also do not have the most combined boots on the ground.
    If EP is pop locked, dominates score wise but doesn't have more keeps than other alliances then this could only mean that EP has more players who play off prime time and increase their score. This might be because EP probably has the biggest population of all alliances.
    All in all, things are looking pretty good in Cyrodiil.
    I can't play in Cyrodill with 25% of my characters and almost half of my chars are stuck in CP campaign that is not as enjoyable to me as noCP campaign. I wouldn't call that "pretty good". And before you say: "take your 25% chars to 7 day campaign" - it has not enough people to bother with. I go to Cyrodill to fight, not to explore a barren realm.