Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    As of this post there are 2.2k replies and 45.4k views. Nothing within the first 10 pages of the General Discussion forums comes close. Keep it up! #BosmerStealthNow

Let's hope ZOS realizes that having a big thread like this go ignored isn't making them look very good.
    Or perhaps that's the reason why moderation still gets the big [ Z ], to make it appear like we got our answer.

I'm hoping that our persistence will be rewarded in the end as we have the facts on our side.

Oh this topic is still going on? I mean this thread was ignored since it was first posted, you think they'll acknowledge it now months later after they have been silent? It would be an even bigger embarassment for them to talk about it now than to just keep ignoring it.

This thread is not ignored. Class reps and some of devs are well-aware of this thread and issue with huge lore breach due to racial changes to bosmer. When and will they took any action? Idk, some other races are messed up as well, maybe they'll go for adjustments after initial khajiit's homeland sales wave will pass.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    As of this post there are 2.2k replies and 45.4k views. Nothing within the first 10 pages of the General Discussion forums comes close. Keep it up! #BosmerStealthNow

Let's hope ZOS realizes that having a big thread like this go ignored isn't making them look very good.
    Or perhaps that's the reason why moderation still gets the big [ Z ], to make it appear like we got our answer.

I'm hoping that our persistence will be rewarded in the end as we have the facts on our side.

Oh this topic is still going on? I mean this thread was ignored since it was first posted, you think they'll acknowledge it now months later after they have been silent? It would be an even bigger embarassment for them to talk about it now than to just keep ignoring it.

This thread is not ignored. Class reps and some of devs are well-aware of this thread and issue with huge lore breach due to racial changes to bosmer. When and will they took any action? Idk, some other races are messed up as well, maybe they'll go for adjustments after initial khajiit's homeland sales wave will pass.

Being aware doesn't mean that anybody cares except the bunch of people posting here on a frequent basis. That's exactly the thing and hoping for a ZOS response after months and months of ignorance... I said move on four months ago but to still think something's going to change, knowing ZOS for quite some time now...
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Night_Wolf2112
    Night_Wolf2112
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/quote] I said move on four months ago. [/quote]

And yet, here you are. . .
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the bumps, now we're at 74, just 26 more to go!
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone more eloquent than I am want to address Bosmer Stealth on the dev team AUA (ask us anything) going on at reddit right now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/

Edit: NVM I see the comment now - all the way at the bottom and unanswered :/

Edited by anadandy on June 3, 2019 6:41PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anadandy I don't have reddit, so if you want to post that for me, I'd be okay with that.
    Here is a question for Brian and Leamon. Update 21 had the goal of bringing all the races in line in terms of strength while respecting the lore of previous games as well as ESO's own. What was the reasoning behind taking a core identity of the Woodelfs/Bosmer, namely stealth, and removing it completely from their passives? And why was it replaced with "detection" which has no uses in PvE and is unprecedented within the lore?
    For clarification, I am not talking about the 10% damage from stealth but the radius. A lot of players feel like this change effectively limited our choices of "sneaky races" to exactly one, which is also against what the update aimed to achieve.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anadandy I don't have reddit, so if you want to post that for me, I'd be okay with that.
    Here is a question for Brian and Leamon. Update 21 had the goal of bringing all the races in line in terms of strength while respecting the lore of previous games as well as ESO's own. What was the reasoning behind taking a core identity of the Woodelfs/Bosmer, namely stealth, and removing it completely from their passives? And why was it replaced with "detection" which has no uses in PvE and is unprecedented within the lore?
    For clarification, I am not talking about the 10% damage from stealth but the radius. A lot of players feel like this change effectively limited our choices of "sneaky races" to exactly one, which is also against what the update aimed to achieve.

I'm doing that now - long live Bosmer nation!
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Anyone more eloquent than I am want to address Bosmer Stealth on the dev team AUA (ask us anything) going on at reddit right now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/

Edit: NVM I see the comment now - all the way at the bottom and unanswered :/

So, actually more of an AUAEFQABS (ask us anything except for questions about Bosmer stealth).
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah - I wish I had seen it sooner (darn work!). They seem not to have answered any questions posed in the last 45 minutes or so of the AUA.

Edit: I stand corrected, loremaster answered a question about Dwarves and one about Tonal resonators just before the AUA closed. I'm so relieved! /s
    Edited by anadandy on June 3, 2019 7:17PM
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figures I didn't get to ask any question before it ended.
  • Alucardmike
    Alucardmike
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps an open protest action at the E3?
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not answering any questions about it because, what could they even say? There's no logical defense available for Hunter's Eye in it's current form. Even the straw man has packed his bags and is long gone for Oz.

Edited by Jaraal on June 3, 2019 7:53PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    They're not answering any questions about it because, what could they even say? There's no logical defense available for Hunter's Eye in it's current form. Even the straw man has packed his bags and is long gone for Oz.

They could admit they were wrong and tell us they'll see when they got time to fix it and what they'll do to add detection in a different way that feels more desireable :3

Anyway, I feel like this was the last chance to convince me to preorder Elsweyr. The costume doesn't look very good on any of my existing characters nor do the horse and pet fit them. The crate could have been nice to have, but the rest is pretty useless anyway.
    If I haven't bought it now, then it's unlikely I ever will until Bosmer stealth returns.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, given that majority heard about this AUA only when it already ended...
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean AUAEFQABS.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean AUAEFQABS.

I thing all this thing with bosmer stealth will become a meme.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean AUAEFQABS.

Well, memes can also bring change. I heard the anti-vax memes led to the number of vaccinations going up and after article 13, there was a hashtag to never again vote for the party responsible, which resulted in a 7% loss at the European election.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean AUAEFQABS.

There are several already posted in this thread.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I mean forum wide meme at least, or maybe meme in ZOS like expression about something they can't talk :D
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could admit they were wrong and tell us they'll see when they got time to fix it and what they'll do to add detection in a different way that feels more desireable :3.

But what if they think we're wrong, and they're right? They obviously felt they were right when they sent it to test server, and they felt they were right when they ignored the outcries then and pushed it to live.

I'd love to share your optimism, but I'm not yet convinced. The fact that they have ignored us completely since February and before is not a good sign.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean AUAEFQABS.

Here's a good one from earlier:

lxezi8zb6wm21.jpg
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could admit they were wrong and tell us they'll see when they got time to fix it and what they'll do to add detection in a different way that feels more desireable :3

Anyway, I feel like this was the last chance to convince me to preorder Elsweyr. The costume doesn't look very good on any of my existing characters nor do the horse and pet fit them. The crate could have been nice to have, but the rest is pretty useless anyway.
    If I haven't bought it now, then it's unlikely I ever will until Bosmer stealth returns.

As I've mentioned before I'm not even a Bosmer player (Tho I did intend to make my Necromancer a Bosmer) but if Bosmer stealth were restored I would reinstall, resubscribe and preorder Elsweyr TODAY. Alas, as a long time paying customer of the ES series and ESO I expect a maintenance of quality and accountability and the shuttering of an entire decades long playing style for no reason is an egregious breach of both. ZOS will not receive another penny from me until that changes. No more twitch views, no more free advertisement to my friends, no more retweets or hashtags. Nothing.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    I found this kinda funny
    https://imgur.com/gallery/K8Nrh05
    Edited by SpankinDamob on June 4, 2019 4:09AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if Bosmer stealth were restored I would reinstall, resubscribe and preorder Elsweyr TODAY.

See, this is what I don't understand. They'd rather double down on a bad hand than fold and cut their losses. The number of people who have lost interest or outright quit over the disruption and revocation of their beloved playstyle is exponentially greater than the number of people who would be more interested in playing ESO because Bosmer are no longer stealthy, but are now debatably marginally better in PvP.

I just don't get it. Especially from a company that values profit so highly.
  • ibeprofun
    ibeprofun
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad this thread is still going.

It's a mistake by the devs. Me, and many more, no longer play as a bosmer because of this change.

Time to fix it devs.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if Bosmer stealth were restored I would reinstall, resubscribe and preorder Elsweyr TODAY.

See, this is what I don't understand. They'd rather double down on a bad hand than fold and cut their losses. The number of people who have lost interest or outright quit over the disruption and revocation of their beloved playstyle is exponentially greater than the number of people who would be more interested in playing ESO because Bosmer are no longer stealthy, but are now debatably marginally better in PvP.

I just don't get it. Especially from a company that values profit so highly.

Like I said, they are counting on every furry and their significant other to sign up for talking cat land. The internet loves talking cats. No amount of Bosmer quitting is going to make a dent with the number of talking cat fans they are pulling in. Also I know Zos doesn’t respond to threats and boycotts. They’d rather dig in their heels. “You don’t have to be here” is their attitude. That’s why I’m not going to give up. This wheel will keep on squeaking.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wanna be nails on a chalkboard!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone here going to E3 and wants to represent our cause while the others are being nails on a chalkboard?
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone here going to E3 and wants to represent our cause while the others are being nails on a chalkboard?

I wish so I could tell them face to face how fail the changes were for both of our races. I would love to ask them how they could just ignore such epic lore fails. I don't understand how the damn loremaster can be ok with this.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koronach wrote: »

I wish so I could tell them face to face how fail the changes were for both of our races. I would love to ask them how they could just ignore such epic lore fails. I don't understand how the damn loremaster can be ok with this.

Someone here said they asked a dev face to face at a conference about the issue, but they were so politely dismissive that nothing was actually discussed.

I think very few would be argumentative in a one on one meeting. It's much easier to be outspoken in written media than in personal interaction.
This discussion has been closed.