Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on LFG System

• GhostBite
    GhostBite
    Soul Shriven
    Hmmm, if I remember correctly you've said something similar before and nothing changed. Why should we believe you now? I wont believe it until I see it. This is a core thing in any MMO. The fact it doesnt work properly but you disable the game for crown store purchases shows that you care immensely more for money than the players experience, which is fine....its a business, but don't feed us more horse poo pls. I dont expect it to ever work properly and neither should anyone reading this.
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well thanks for communicating with us, that is often one of the complaints here, however as this has been going on now for more than 5 years it's really down to seeing some results now. Whilst you are rebuilding the Dungeon finder tool can you add Trials to it as well, or is that just asking for trouble?
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if I get this straight, the queue system requires a second queue to ensure that first queue doesn't get overloaded?

<scratches his head>

• Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke. It's just a freaking queue. This issue has existed for YEARS. We get promised a fix over and over and over again. This is an undergraduate level programming assignment.
  • Humancentipede2
    Humancentipede2
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We want to let you know are actively working on completely revamping the LFG tool to ensure it is more stable and easier to use. This requires a great deal of coding work and will take some time, but our goal is to publish it to everyone later this year. We’ll keep you updated on its progress.

Thank you for all your continued support, and we look forward to rolling out our new LFG system for dungeons and Battlegrounds.

I started playing ESO in 2017, the buged Groupfinder was already broken at that time. Now you want to tell me this is a new situation? Why you havent started working on a reworked groupfinder 2 years ago? Thats just a lame excuse especially because you were ignoring complaints about the broken Groupfinder for months on your official forums. Fix later this year.... i remember a similar Post somewhre in 2018 saying the exact same line "later this year". I think it was about fixing the Lag in Cyrodiil, we all know how it turned out. And btw what is with the Lag, will it be fixed or noticibly improved any time soon? Let me guess, later this year?

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next update in 3 months, like PC EU upgrade communication?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mitrenga wrote: »
    Next update in 3 months, like PC EU upgrade communication?

Only 3 months???

Try 3-5 years...

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lmao I feel bad that Gina had to write this meaningless letter that literally says nothing of value because the devs have been too incompetent and negligent to get one of the core functionalities of an MMO working properly for years.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulgirl wrote: »
    This is ridiculous!
    Instead of increasing the servers you keep leaving things as they are, so nothing works as it should.
    It seems you are doing all you can to make people leave, since this game only works "as intended" when not a lot of people are playing. As soon as there is an increase in player count, there goes everything down the drain...

Lag, stuttering, increased load times, LFG not working...

People's patience does eventually run out you know?? What good is it to have a game with a lot of dungeons to do, when you can´t even get into them?!
    Just fix it once and for all, for God's sake!

They're trying to fix the server issues without having to actually spend the money it'd cost buy server upgrades, or spend too much to re-write/augment the server code.

It's all very complicated, and clearly above our paygrade to understand, so 'Soon' is what we get.

o:)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    2014 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2015 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2016 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2017 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2018 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2019 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2020 Hey guys we actually fixed our game! Guys..? Is anyone there?

Your timeline is overly optimistic.
    <3
    chexor wrote: »
    I am not sure if you know how unprofessional this sounds?
    took out stuff you can read in post # 31

This game has so much potential, it's sad that unqualified people are making terrible decisions..

tbh, I'm not sure that it'd be better/worse if you'd said '... qualified people are making terrible decisions.'

o:)

Edited by twev on May 31, 2019 10:42PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    2014 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix
    Someone declined the invite (to fix it). Press F
    2015 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix
    2016 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix
    2017 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix
    2018 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix
    2019 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix
    2020 Hey guys we actually fixed our game! Guys..? Is anyone there?

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😆
  • Laz
    Laz
    ✭✭✭
    Ya'll so upset over one feature they could easily just outright remove and force you to find an NPC to enter a BG with a group you were forced to form yourself or actually have to travel to the dungeons manually with a manually formed group.

Thanks for the comms and continuous updates. You're doing great work. Been around since 2014 and the game is in a far far far far better state today than it has ever been.
    Been around watchin'. Time to start talkin'. - Twitch: twitch.tv/lazisonline
    Prior host of TESO Elite game-play twitch streams
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laz wrote: »
    force you to find an NPC to enter a BG with a group you were forced to form yourself

and do what? you dont need a group of friends to join bgs you need two groups of rivals. should we find them ourselves too?
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what everyone is dissing here, but GF works in non-prime time. I have no problems with it, BGs, Dungeon finder...
    It's the prime time that's causing trouble and false declines. GF was bugged long time ago when you couldn't make groups at any given time. But that was fixed since then.

So kudos to Gina & Co. for future revamping GF.
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    It is all empty promises when you have a track record of complete and continuous failure or broken promises. You (the company) will be judged on your actions and ability to resolve the issues.

You cannot blame the playerbase for being massively sceptical seeing as this has all been mentioned/promised/assured before but for almost everything has never been resolved. The group finder and BG queue problems are but a few of many large issues including the unplayable lag.

You are seriously telling us a "rework of some code" is going to magically fix all this? I will be an interested viewer, whilst I no longer spend any more money in this game...
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool thanks gor the heads up
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a system with a list of playerss in the queue showing CP gear etc to make forming groups for different content easier like arenas etc
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When your queue needs a queue...
  • Mago
    Mago
    ✭✭
    As healer I can't queue now. In my case it just got worse.
    I wonder how many dps will be waiting in the queue for a healer/tank that will never show up
  • Mago
    Mago
    ✭✭
    Ignore this post, wrong thread
    Edited by Mago on June 1, 2019 12:27AM
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    guild wars 2 has an interesting LFG system where you can create your own listing with a description and everyone can see it...

Is it possible to incorporate something along those lines?

EDIT:
    where everyone can see it... and anyone can join it

this would give/make the possibility of an lfg that could also be used for trials
    Edited by Imza on June 1, 2019 12:48AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Not sure what everyone is dissing here, but GF works in non-prime time. I have no problems with it, BGs, Dungeon finder...
    It's the prime time that's causing trouble and false declines. GF was bugged long time ago when you couldn't make groups at any given time. But that was fixed since then.

So kudos to Gina & Co. for future revamping GF.

"I dunno whats the problem with it..."

"ZOS explicitly said that that groupfinder grows more unstable the more players try to use it."

"So...just don't play during Primetime. Or during Events."

*facepalm*
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Reading Gina's post actually made me think...

You have shortened the amount of people that can queue and you are working on an issue where the solution (you hope) will be resolved or improved by the years end? Okay so we can look forward to being unable to queue or have queue problems for the next roughly 4-5 months till this is "hopefully sorted".

Cool at least we know this ain't going to improve and can safely unsub and come back later in the year when things become playable. Thanks for that!
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Later this year"

What a great Christmas present that will make...

I've been getting at least 2 or 3 declines before finally Q-ing in even since before this Elsweyr update.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I think that revamping the tools to include an LFG panel, where people can create and post custom groups, would alleviate some of the server strain, too. That would be more “message board” than time spent in the queue and any number of games—WoW, FFXIV—have implemented such tools with success.

I love this game, but it’s social tools are objectively among the worst in the industry.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to pretend to know the cause, but my guess would be the queue finder is being bogged down by the 1000s of DPS waiting in the queue, ZOS really needs to make switching a stam dps to a viable tank easier.

Half of my stam dps have a tanking set on them now and if I want to do a dungeon I swap them to tank, my DK and necro can tank all vet dungeons now easily, and I'm working on my NB, Warden and Templar too.

If we could collect overworld sets (Plague Dr for example) and have them racked up in an armory that acts like a collections tab, and when we complete master writs we have them unlocked as well, this would drastically improve the dungeon finder times as people can use their over world / crafted (which are generally not BIS) sets on the fly. If Dungeon finder is taking too long as DPS, swap out to tank, a real tank, and away they go.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’ve been seeing your posts recently about issues with the LFG tool when queuing for dungeons and Battlegrounds

Approximately five years does not count as "recently" when you're talking about a video game. I'm genuinely curious - when you (Mrs Bruno) post what could charitably be called "inaccuracies", is it you making that decision or is someone higher up the food chain instructing you to do it? Is it a case of not knowing, or a case of indifference?
    RMerlin wrote: »
    So if I get this straight, the queue system requires a second queue to ensure that first queue doesn't get overloaded?

Maybe they have English people fixing it? Not only would they queue up in an orderly fashion while they wait to join a queue, they think it's quite indecent to do anything different. :smiley:
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
This discussion has been closed.