The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

• phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do DKs have fire themed skills that do Magic damage?
    Particularly speaking about Talons and Inhale here. The synergy for Talons is called Ignite yet it does Magic damage. And Inhale is a straight up fire explosion.
    Obidian Shard is also a flaming rock which does Magic damage.

Inhale's explosion does do fire damage.

Oh yeah, I missed that part. Well, I guess it's fine then.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more magic damge. Fire or poison only
    Change fury so stamina and magic can use it without having to do weird ***.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tasear questions about DK healer (since you were talking about that spec some days ago)

with the changes to Mend wounds http://prntscr.com/npi5ik

1- Wouldn't it become Elegance a desirable set for healers? 20% extra healing is a lot imho
    2- What about armaments? Is that extra 40% dmg on full HA also applied to MW?
    3- Considering it will become a heal associated to LA and HA, what's the chance of making a viable stam healer through stam sets and bow?
    4- What about empower? Doe it affect MW?

I think the changes are quite interesting, but I haven't time to try this.
    Edited by Xvorg on May 16, 2019 7:19PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is healer DK working for Trials?
    Because if it isnt then the class has wasted many morphs to pseudo healing, since anything with a resto staff can help vet dungeon clearance.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on May 16, 2019 7:33PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because if it isnt then the class has wasted many morphs to pseudo healing, since anything with a resto staff can help vet dungeon clearance.

We have a DK healer in my trials guild. It works very well!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm thinking it more for Cyro/BGs, sniping your allies when they are about to die and doing fair dmg

Anothe interesting thing, Is MW affected by Kvatch gladiator?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    @Tasear questions about DK healer (since you were talking about that spec some days ago)

1- Wouldn't it become Elegance a desirable set for healers? 20% extra healing is a lot imho
    3- Considering it will become a heal associated to LA and HA, what's the chance of making a viable stam healer through stam sets and bow?

I like how you think these are all fair points that should be tested.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tested it a few weeks ago. None of these do anything.
    It's not true LA and HA, it's just a skill that you cast with mouse clicks, scaling with max magicka and spell damage. None of the nuances of normal LA/HA applies to it.
    There is also no 'full HA' with Mend Wounds. It's an infinite channel.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tested it a few weeks ago. None of these do anything.
    It's not true LA and HA, it's just a skill that you cast with mouse clicks, scaling with max magicka and spell damage. None of the nuances of normal LA/HA applies to it.
    There is also no 'full HA' with Mend Wounds. It's an infinite channel.

Thanks for info 👍

It's a pity doesn't work. It actually used to work with overload and armments so maybe this is a bug.
    Edited by Tasear on May 17, 2019 8:35PM
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭
    So many missed opportunities this PTS cycle to turn DKs in to something that *** their class lore.. now they're just DoT machines like everything else, except now with a stance dance rotation for a free 375 Weapon Damage.

RIP StamDK, it was fun.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xogath wrote: »
    So many missed opportunities this PTS cycle to turn DKs in to something that *** their class lore.. now they're just DoT machines like everything else, except now with a stance dance rotation for a free 375 Weapon Damage.

RIP StamDK, it was fun.

StamDK 2019:
    DsmrMFwW0AAYa13.jpg
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

RIP StamDK, it was fun.

StamDK 2019:
    DsmrMFwW0AAYa13.jpg

That game is dope but yeah, gonna put my sDK on a shelf for a while.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aside from having to slot an unused skill on the bar and do damage by continuously throwing up all over the enemies... I wonder about a nuance of wording in Elsweyr patch notes, about new whip passive. Patch notes say that the buff is only active on the bar where whip is slotted. Is it? I was under impression that people didn't have to double bar Molten Whip during PTS, but now I'm starting to doubt if I got it right. (I mean this passage: "...this will operate similarly to the previous Molten Whip where your bonus will only be active on the bar that it is slotted on.")
    Edited by John_Falstaff on May 20, 2019 1:38PM
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aside from having to slot an unused skill on the bar and do damage by continuously throwing up all over the enemies... I wonder about a nuance of wording in Elsweyr patch notes, about new whip passive. Patch notes say that the buff is only active on the bar where whip is slotted. Is it? I was under impression that people didn't have to double bar Molten Whip during PTS, but now I'm starting to doubt if I got it right. (I mean this passage: "...this will operate similarly to the previous Molten Whip where your bonus will only be active on the bar that it is slotted on.")

From my testing, the SD/WD only applied to the bar whip is slotted on pts. The stack timer doesnt fall off if you bar swap
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BlackMadara , thanks for the insight. Hm-m, that's unpleasant, but oh well.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You definitely need to double bar it. I've seen builds with Molten Whip on front-bar only, in my tests it was always a dps loss. I've put FOO on back bar to make it easier to keep up the stacks, but when you go this route you can neither slot Deadly Cloak for damage mitigation nor Vigor for self heal.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on May 20, 2019 3:58PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the dk buffs helped me to get above 50k dps self-buffed for the first time. However, I've lost two slots to a passive bonus and I need to slot noxious breath. I can't slot Death Cloak, I can't slot Vigor without a dps loss - either I remove FOO or Whip on back bar, or both to get both buffs. I don't like it, the additional dps comes with a high price, the loss of lots of utility/survivability. However, several classes have similar buffs and I think ZOS wanted to give DK something similar.

So what are you doing? Do you give up on Vigor or FOO? Or do you give up on molten whip on the back bar?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, the dk buffs helped me to get above 50k dps self-buffed for the first time. However, I've lost two slots to a passive bonus and I need to slot noxious breath. I can't slot Death Cloak, I can't slot Vigor without a dps loss - either I remove FOO or Whip on back bar, or both to get both buffs. I don't like it, the additional dps comes with a high price, the loss of lots of utility/survivability. However, several classes have similar buffs and I think ZOS wanted to give DK something similar.

So what are you doing? Do you give up on Vigor or FOO? Or do you give up on molten whip on the back bar?

Depends:

Pug dailies: hunter vigor
    Trials: double whip
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on May 21, 2019 1:17PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be nice if Stamina DKs got something meaningful in terms of skill to passive usefulness ratio.

If we had FoO AoE (poison) with status proc that would be awesome.

If we got wings returned to reflect but as I stated make it Stamina or scrap reflect for absorb for resource based on max resource i.e more max stam resources return to stamina more max mag resources return to mag.

fragmented shield became a physical damaging ability similar to templar sun shield

shattering rocks proc off balance when used on an enemy plus now deals physical damage.

noxious breath now causes poison explosion after 3 ticks

Green dragons blood now infuses your DK abilities with a stamina siphon that feeds you X stamina per X second (random idea)

Stone giant now shoots in a straight line (ground ability) dealing damage to those near while causing a molten physical damaging AoE Explosion to those in front of the ability (another random idea)

Some ideas I've had for Stamina DKs but then again I've got a whole re-balance idea for DKs in general that I feel addresses the issue with Stam DK PvP while also giving Mag DK a readjustment that isn't too rough in terms of healing & lastly providing some utilities but then again I've been preaching the good fight for years now with nothing changing.

I remember when I said wings need to be changed to Stamina after it got the snare removal because people would want it nerfed and before people said I was stupid/crazy and that I hated mag DK.... months later my same worry was used as an excuse for it being OP and needing to be scraped lol.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the biggest pain point I have heard off so far is still that stamDK needs to doublebar the whip, to have a good uptime on the seething fury buff

on magDK its kinda the same problem, you get very low uptime on the buff, but atleast we get the 33/66/99% dmg buffs onto whip....but not as often as we'd like to.

soo here's my suggestion on how to deal with this problem.

Increase the seething Fury duration from 5seconds to 8 seconds.
    reduce the whipdmg increase from 33% / stack down to 25% / stack
    casting an ardent flame ability (that is not whip) while the buff is active, will refresh the currently running stacks, no matter if you have whip slotted on this bar or not.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the biggest pain point I have heard off so far is still that stamDK needs to doublebar the whip, to have a good uptime on the seething fury buff

on magDK its kinda the same problem, you get very low uptime on the buff, but atleast we get the 33/66/99% dmg buffs onto whip....but not as often as we'd like to.

casting an ardent flame ability (that is not whip) while the buff is active, will refresh the currently running stacks, no matter if you have whip slotted on this bar or not.

No.

Why would you decrease the whip damage for MagDK if the skill was intended to buff MagDKs? Yes, StamDKs can take advantage of the Seething Fury passive- but it's a little harder for them. But, StamDKs also have weapon executes- while MagDKs don't have any form of execute whatsoever.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

Why would you decrease the whip damage for MagDK if the skill was intended to buff MagDKs? Yes, StamDKs can take advantage of the Seething Fury passive- but it's a little harder for them. But, StamDKs also have weapon executes- while MagDKs don't have any form of execute whatsoever.

overall this would be a DMG increase on magDK.
    Buff uptimes on seething fury are pretty low, due to the nature of magDKs rotation and dottimes etc.
    having flat 375 SD over the whole fight is worth more dmg that letting whip hit 9-24% lower
    also those 9-25% are just the % value, you will gain more dmg on whip due to longer uptime of SD buffs, closing the gap down.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For stam DKs, I am getting essentially maximum uptime with only whip on the front bar, but this means that:
    1) You can only cast 3 abilities in a row on your backbar
    2) The last ability you have to cast before swapping to backbar is an Ardent flame ability
    3) The first ability you have to cast after swapping from backbar is an Ardent flame ability

Essentially: spam the heck out of Noxious breath.

Hail > Caltrops > PI (swap) > Breath > Trap > Claw > Rending > Breath x3 (swap)

You can even use FoO on backbar, tho it does add quite a few swaps.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im having decent results double barring whip and using foo to sustain the buf on the back bar with a fixed rotation (easiest possible) and without spaming breath. You lose rending slashes:

Hail > la + caltrops > la + foo > la + poison injection + swap > la + rapid strikes > la + claw > la + rapid strikes > la + trap > la + rapid strikes > la + breath > la + swap + hail...

Using the old meta (5 rele, 5 advancing, 2 veli):

c64175f62561a8b1b262811ac2c48f03.png

Its not the goold old heavy atack rotation but close enought for my liking. As bonus you can use vma daggers and use something else instead of yokeda like leviathan or Lokkestiiz with minimal adjustement to the rotation. I need shoulders to try it (who thought that vma daggers could come back :D).
    Edited by caperon on May 24, 2019 3:17AM
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭

RIP StamDK, it was fun.

I think you are overreacting, stamdk was the dot class. The best rotation for a while was based on ha and dots. Ah, the good old days of sunderflame + nmg + morag tong, 3 stams to conquer the word :D
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who hasn't played this game in a year and a half, how are Dragonknights (both Mag and Stam) doing in PvE and PvP nowadays? What have been the changes?
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden wrote: »
    As someone who hasn't played this game in a year and a half, how are Dragonknights (both Mag and Stam) doing in PvE and PvP nowadays? What have been the changes?

Player opinion is that PvP they are strong and PvE it's a struggle to feel good about the class
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    Stamden wrote: »

In pvp Stamdks, outside of 7th-fury-SnB + Corrosive armor are still a joke. They are barely above viable for general pvp and good at 1v1 with that setup, but at that point why not use literally any other class with 7th-fury? They're going to do better in everything, outside of 1v1 fights. There's no point in using the class, especially now that it's even more forced to run SnB or DW cause Uppercut got nerfed.

As for pve, you're forced to double bar the new whip to increase your weapon damage and use noxious breath as your spammable... That should tell you how much of a clown fiesta this class has become. The dps isn't horrible, but i honestly refuse to play using a double barred mag spammable.
    Edited by Beffagorn on May 26, 2019 7:29AM
  • Doomstriker
    For magicka DK:

1. Lack of a spammable ranged dps single target skill. I wish one of the stone fist morphs could be changed to be spammable dps. We already have a cc ability with petrify.

2. Obsidian shield is a pitiful absorb in pvp. The shield is barely 1k vs 4K from harness magicka. I wish one of the morphs would scale off of magicka instead of health and provide a higher absorb for the caster.

3. Petrify range is terrible at 8m. Rune Prison the sorcerer equivalent is 28m. And basically does the same thing.

4. Power lash takes too long to setup in pvp and is too easy to dodge. If you cc someone and use flame lash, then most players will instantly dodge roll ASAP before you can use powerlash. I wish powerlash could be changed to automatically proc when your target is stunned or off balance.
    Edited by Doomstriker on May 26, 2019 11:39PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For magicka DK:

1. Lack of a spammable ranged dps single target skill. I wish one is the stone fist morphs could be changed to be spammable dps. We already have a cc ability with petrify.

2. Obsidian shield is a pitiful absorb in pvp. The shield is barely 1k vs 4K from harness magicka. I wish one of the morphs would scale off of magicka instead of health and provide a higher absorb for the caster.

3. Petrify range is terrible at 8m. Rune Prison the sorcerer equivalent is 28m. And basically does the same thing.

4. Power lash takes too long to setup in pvp and is too easy to dodge. If you cc someone and use flame lash, then most players will instantly dodge roll ASAP before you can use powerlash. I wish powerlash could be changed to automatically proc when your target is stunned or off balance.

That’s silly. Range use a staff. Don’t run obsidian shield lol. Fossilize is great at 8m. Let them come to you.

As for powerlash, if you’re not animation canceling your whips you’re playing MagDk wrong. (EVEN in Lag). Whip block whip block HEAL! Lol. (Don’t run molten it’s for taters lmao).
    Edited by JumpmanLane on May 26, 2019 9:03PM