The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there “actually” cheating in PvP?

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering there are several videos on youtube of people cheating in Cyrodiil, obviously yes, cheating happens.
    Thankfully I haven’t run into any myself. I occasionally do run into some players that hardly take damage from me, then proceed to 100-0 me in 2 seconds, but I’m assuming that is just a combination of a good pc, great build, great gear, skill, ultimate ready and perhaps a macro that results in perfect animation cancelling.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Theignson wrote: »
    Thogard my main is an AR46 stam DK, my second is AR39 stam warden, I have been around, although not as much as you and others. I've Pvped virtually every day in the last year, exclusively in cyrodil. I have even fought your group a few times in cyrodil.

I shouldn't have said "every time" because, as I indicated, the targeted player can move , and as you noted, break free etc.

But your posts are informed enough that you should assess what I said about statistics. I assume you have some knowledge of statistical analysis, standard deviation, etc.

I have logged players who have landed the exact same combo on me (well on my squishy 3rd, a stamblade) with almost identical .002 second delays between their light attacks and the abilities in every sequence. Consistently doing this, I argue is statistically impossible given human physiology.

Maybe you can reproduce this, I'd like to know. I do admire you for showing your keystrokes.

I don't think its common, but on the other hand I haven't looked much.

If you think about it, people could just assign a light attack macro (as described in my last post) for each of their 5 abilities and use a multi=key mouse. Then they would have perfect weaving each time they used an ability.

If you’re logging it on your end then that means they’re getting no variance in their route to the server and then no server processing time variance (lol) and finally no variance on the servers route to you. Or if logs are server side then only the first two...

Regardless, your logs are meaningless.

Only client side logs from the person accused would be relevant

When the receiver of the attacks consistently sees a 0.002 second delay between them, it is safe to assume the sender actually sent them with 0.002 seconds delay between them.

While internet can mess up results, it generally increases randomness, not decreases it.

Edited by Sharee on April 13, 2019 2:10PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Thogard my main is an AR46 stam DK, my second is AR39 stam warden, I have been around, although not as much as you and others. I've Pvped virtually every day in the last year, exclusively in cyrodil. I have even fought your group a few times in cyrodil.

I shouldn't have said "every time" because, as I indicated, the targeted player can move , and as you noted, break free etc.

But your posts are informed enough that you should assess what I said about statistics. I assume you have some knowledge of statistical analysis, standard deviation, etc.

I have logged players who have landed the exact same combo on me (well on my squishy 3rd, a stamblade) with almost identical .002 second delays between their light attacks and the abilities in every sequence. Consistently doing this, I argue is statistically impossible given human physiology.

Maybe you can reproduce this, I'd like to know. I do admire you for showing your keystrokes.

If you think about it, people could just assign a light attack macro (as described in my last post) for each of their 5 abilities and use a multi=key mouse. Then they would have perfect weaving each time they used an ability.

If you’re logging it on your end then that means they’re getting no variance in their route to the server and then no server processing time variance (lol) and finally no variance on the servers route to you. Or if logs are server side then only the first two...

When the receiver of the attacks consistently sees a 0.002 second delay between them, it is safe to assume the sender actually sent them with 0.002 seconds delay between them.

While internet can mess up results, it generally increases randomness, not decreases it.

Honestly that’s a safer assumption than assuming the internet connection and the server processing had absolutely 0 variability. The latter is pretty much the only factor we can rule out outright... the others are possible albeit unlikely.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly that’s a safer assumption than assuming the internet connection and the server processing had absolutely 0 variability. The latter is pretty much the only factor we can rule out outright... the others are possible albeit unlikely.

While internet is far from reliable, the variability of the unreliability is not so bad that it would cause three attacks done virtually at the same time to have wildly variable delays between them when they arrive.

What i mean: the internet can cause the whole batch of three attacks to arrive in 100 ms (if the weather is good) or in 500 ms(if the weather is bad), but it will not cause the delay between the first attack and the second to be wildly different from the delay between the second attack and the third.

For that to happen, the "weather" would have to change in the time it takes for the whole batch to be sent: you have good connection at T+0, then a bad connection at T+0.002s, and then a good connection again at T+0.004s. Internet is not that volatile.

For this reason, if you see incoming attacks (sent within a very short timeframe) to have consistently the same delay between them when they arrive, they most likely also had the same delay between them on the sender's side.
    Edited by Sharee on April 13, 2019 7:48PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course macros can be situationally beneficial and may even carry someone with poor motor skills. It's really not even debatable. There are other benefits as well, such as fatigue. I sometimes play 8+ hours straight and by the end my fingers feel like rubber. Macros to handle my buff rotations would help ease that.

In games that allow automation apps, creating amazing macros is an art form that players brag about. The level of automation available is incredible. It's totally possible to turn an ESO client into a combat bot with common automation tools and addons that feed them the information they need.

As for the limitations of memory hacking in ESO, only ZOS can answer authoritatively. It is doubtful that ZOS has significantly changed client reponsibilities. It is trusted because the server is constantly reconciling hundreds of different realities with an emphasis on maintaining the illusion of a single reality to the player. Most likely everything that has been possible previously is still possible, even if the previous methods no longer work.

There other cheating vectors too, such as network and drivers, that could apply to ESO.

Whatever the case may be, given that this game has no apparent modern cheat mitigations, no one should be downplaying cheating. Every experienced online gamer should know that cheaters are always abundant in insecure games, and it's only rarely done blatantly because cheating obviously defeats the most common purpose of cheating: status. That doesn't mean you should presume everyone is cheating, but at the same time one must take everything with a grain of salt.

This is why we need the devs to be transparent about security in ESO.
    Edited by zyk on April 13, 2019 10:38PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While internet is far from reliable, the variability of the unreliability is not so bad that it would cause three attacks done virtually at the same time to have wildly variable delays between them when they arrive.

What i mean: the internet can cause the whole batch of three attacks to arrive in 100 ms (if the weather is good) or in 500 ms(if the weather is bad), but it will not cause the delay between the first attack and the second to be wildly different from the delay between the second attack and the third.

For that to happen, the "weather" would have to change in the time it takes for the whole batch to be sent: you have good connection at T+0, then a bad connection at T+0.002s, and then a good connection again at T+0.004s. Internet is not that volatile.

For this reason, if you see incoming attacks (sent within a very short timeframe) to have consistently the same delay between them when they arrive, they most likely also had the same delay between them on the sender's side.

I disagree but Post logs :|
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee is correct. Nerd alert:

The statistical concept is that of "expected value". What is the expected value of the time difference between the light attack and the ability, if 1) a computer performs the attacks (macro) or 2) a human? With a macro, the expected value is.002 seconds. With a human, it is longer; you can test this on a dummy by just casting 20 light attack/ablity combos then looking at your log.In my case, I don't usually cancel the light attack "perfectly", so sometimes the gap is .2 seconds, sometimes even longer. Lets say it is a mean of 0.2 seconds difference.

That is a 100 fold difference in expected value (or, "expected mean") between the macro and the player! It should be even bigger in cyrodil where the opponent can move, roll etc.

Thogard seems to be arguing that because of systemic variance (eg lag) we cant detect a 100 fold difference in expected value. However, the variance is presumably the same between the experimental and control groups (as they would be described in science).Ie there is no reason to think that the lag when a macro is performing attacks differs from that when a human does.

Or, maybe some people would argue that a "good" player could match the expected value of a computer. No, not possible over time. Humans get tired, humans get distracted, and most importantly, humans physiologically can't sense time intervals to the thousandth of a second. If you think a human could match the timing of a computer, no point in discussing this further.

If Thogard was correct, then vast realms of science could not function. The null hypothesis is routinely rejected in science with differences in expected mean of only .2 fold (not 100 fold!) (ie biologists, physicists and chemists routinely detect statistically significant difference between means with much less than 2 fold differences).

It is all about detecting signal in the noise. This is routine stuff for modern science/statistics. Therefore it would be possible to screen for macro use on a statistical basis and detect cheaters with a p value of approximately .001 (ie a 1 in 1000 chance of wrongly suspecting a human of using a macro) which would improve with a larger sample size.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The statistical concept is that of "expected value". What is the expected value of the time difference between the light attack and the ability, if 1) a computer performs the attacks (macro) or 2) a human? With a macro, the expected value is.002 seconds. With a human, it is longer; you can test this on a dummy by just casting 20 light attack/ablity combos then looking at your log.In my case, I don't usually cancel the light attack "perfectly", so sometimes the gap is .2 seconds, sometimes even longer. Lets say it is a mean of 0.2 seconds difference.

That is a 100 fold difference in expected value (or, "expected mean") between the macro and the player! It should be even bigger in cyrodil where the opponent can move, roll etc.

Thogard seems to be arguing that because of systemic variance (eg lag) we cant detect a 100 fold difference in expected value. However, the variance is presumably the same between the experimental and control groups (as they would be described in science).Ie there is no reason to think that the lag when a macro is performing attacks differs from that when a human does.

Or, maybe some people would argue that a "good" player could match the expected value of a computer. No, not possible over time. Humans get tired, humans get distracted, and most importantly, humans physiologically can't sense time intervals to the thousandth of a second. If you think a human could match the timing of a computer, no point in discussing this further.

If Thogard was correct, then vast realms of science could not function. The null hypothesis is routinely rejected in science with differences in expected mean of only .2 fold (not 100 fold!) (ie biologists, physicists and chemists routinely detect statistically significant difference between means with much less than 2 fold differences).

It is all about detecting signal in the noise. This is routine stuff for modern science/statistics. Therefore it would be possible to screen for macro use on a statistical basis and detect cheaters with a p value of approximately .001 (ie a 1 in 1000 chance of wrongly suspecting a human of using a macro) which would improve with a larger sample size.

You do not have any idea what I am referring to. You are discussing statistics without understanding that my argument was that there was a sampling error. If you wish to refute my argument you must discuss why you believe there is no sampling error, rather than rambling about freshman statistic truisms.

To reiterate my point - the logs being referred to are client-side for the player being attacked.

If you believe that the person being attacked CONSISTENTLY receives those attacks with the exact same time difference as the time difference between the key presses of the attacker, then Please let me know what server you’re on.

Try bash weaving in vivec. Then do it in shor. Then do it in BGs.

There are so many variables in between the attackers button presses and when those skills register on the recipients combat logs that the arguments you people are proposing should be thrown out outright. Statistically irrelevant. That’s why I’m asking for the logs, so that I can see the sample size. I’m willing to bet it’s really really small.

I also want to point out that in no point in your “nerd alert” did you actually use your statistics correctly. Without the sample size of this macro user’s weaves we can’t even talk statistics. Might I suggest learning how to apply stat in practical purposes rather than listing definitions for concepts that have not yet been determined to be relevant.

Also you aren’t even looking at the right variable. Please just stop. Your average weave delay has literally nothing to do with the conversation and never would, even if we had a large sample size. For example, with your flawed logic we could just set up a macro with a 0.2s delay and then according to you that wouldn’t be a macro? You are out of your element.

For anyone that’s paying attention and actually understands statistics, allow me to recap:

The difference between a player and a macro is the variability / standard deviation in the delay between light attacks and abilities. A macro would have a consistent delay, but a player would have a variable delay. The fact that @Theignson referenced his own mean / expected delay rather than the standard deviation of his own results is why we can safely conclude that he isn’t qualified to weigh in on this issue.

the only things relevant here are 1. the standard deviation in the delay between light attack and the ability (which the poster claims is 0) and 2. The sample size

If we can confirm that the attacker had a consistent fixed delay between LA and ability (regardless of what that delay is... what we want to determine is a consistency in the delay AKA a std dev of 0) and a statistically significant sample size then we could confirm that the attacker is macroing.

My point previously was that due to the inherent variability in connection speed, using the logs from the victims side rather than the attackers side would be flawed ... in other words the variability of the attacks from connection speed issues could make a macro user look like a player. How to attribute it to one and not the other? The variable has not been isolated.

But if we see a significant sample size then we could still draw a conclusion. But I doubt we’ll see that because those logs are next to impossible due to variability from server lag.

So please post logs. I can admit when I’m wrong. This just isn’t one of these instances, and it certainly isn’t for any of the farcical reasons quoted.
    Edited by Thogard on April 14, 2019 5:38AM

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do not have any idea what I am referring to. You are discussing statistics without understanding that my argument was that there was a sampling error. If you wish to refute my argument you must discuss why you believe there is no sampling error, rather than rambling about freshman statistic truisms.

To reiterate my point - the logs being referred to are client-side for the player being attacked.

If you believe that the person being attacked CONSISTENTLY receives those attacks with the exact same time difference as the time difference between the key presses of the attacker, then Please let me know what server you’re on.

There are so many variables in between the attackers button presses and when those skills register on the recipients combat logs that the arguments you people are proposing should be thrown out outright. Statistically irrelevant. That’s why I’m asking for the logs, so that I can see the sample size. I’m willing to bet it’s really really small.

Lol. Do you have any actual experience or training in statistics or science? Don't you understand that the main use of statistics in science is to compensate for sampling error? Have you ever even analyzed any data using statistics?

Do you think that in the lab there is no sampling error, no source of noise, no variance between different people performing the experiments? How do you think scientists address this?
    OF COURSE there is sampling error-- that is why we use statistics--

The client side log reflects error introduced BOTH when a macro is used and when a player is hitting the keys.

OF COURSE they don't "receive those attacks with the exact same time difference as the time difference between the key presses of the attacker". There is variance introduced by lag at all the levels that you mention. The key point: this variance is the SAME whether a macro is used or a player is hitting keys. Are you arguing that the lag is different, and therefore the variance on the client side logs is different, when a player hits the keys or when a macro is used? Of course not. Thus the error introduced in both cases is the same. If the variance is similar but the means are different, then we can detect a statistically significant difference between the means (of the time difference between the light attack and the ability) when a macro is used vs. when a player does it.

I don't know how to explain this to you any more clearly

Instead of assuming someone else is ignorant, re-read what I've written. Not everyone who is playing this game is uneducated, 22 years old, or even just beginning a professional career.

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Do you have any actual experience or training in statistics or science? Don't you understand that the main use of statistics in science is to compensate for sampling error? Have you ever even analyzed any data using statistics?

Do you think that in the lab there is no sampling error, no source of noise, no variance between different people performing the experiments? How do you think scientists address this?
    OF COURSE there is sampling error-- that is why we use statistics--

The client side log reflects error introduced BOTH when a macro is used and when a player is hitting the keys.

OF COURSE they don't "receive those attacks with the exact same time difference as the time difference between the key presses of the attacker". There is variance introduced by lag at all the levels that you mention. The key point: this variance is the SAME whether a macro is used or a player is hitting keys. Are you arguing that the lag is different, and therefore the variance on the client side logs is different, when a player hits the keys or when a macro is used? Of course not. Thus the error introduced in both cases is the same. If the variance is similar but the means are different, then we can detect a statistically significant difference between the means (of the time difference between the light attack and the ability) when a macro is used vs. when a player does it.

I don't know how to explain this to you any more clearly

Instead of assuming someone else is ignorant, re-read what I've written. Not everyone who is playing this game is uneducated, 22 years old, or even just beginning a professional career.

“OF COURSE they don't "receive those attacks with the exact same time difference as the time difference between the key presses of the attacker"-Theigson

The person who you’re saying is right has explicitly stated otherwise. You are agreeing with me, not them. My whole point was that this means their analysis was flawed.

“this variance is the SAME whether a macro is used or a player is hitting keys.”-Theigson

Umm no. That’s the only way of detecting a macro.

Maybe you know stats maybe not, but it doesn’t seem you know how macros work??

Your points are all over the place.

Fact: Macros can have the same mean delay as a player.

Fact: Players have higher std dev in delays than macros. These facts had already been established...

Your statistical analysis is wrong, and your understand of the game mechanics is wrong. And yes, I work with statistics literally every day. I’m not sure if your statistics are wrong due to poor understanding of how the game / macros work or of how statistics work. Regardless, I’m not going to reply to you anymore as I do not view you qualified to have an opinion on this issue for the reasons already established.
    Edited by Thogard on April 14, 2019 6:58AM

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “OF COURSE they don't "receive those attacks with the exact same time difference as the time difference between the key presses of the attacker"-Theigson

The person who you’re saying is right has explicitly stated otherwise. You are agreeing with me, not them. My whole point was that this means their analysis was flawed.

I stated that the random nature of the internet is unlikely to transform an imperfect sequence of keystrokes as sent by the attacker into a perfect sequence of keystrokes as received by the defender.

That's like shooting three arrows in the air one after another and have them all fall at exact same moment due to the random interference of the wind. Possible, but unlikely. And certainly not happening consistently.

I did not say the defender will see *exactly* the same log as the attacker tho. Only that the following will be true:
    - If the attacker sends attacks with random delays, the vast majority of them will also be random when they arrive.
    - But if the vast majority of the delays between arriving attacks is uniform, it is most likely that they also were uniform on the sender's side as well.
    Edited by Sharee on April 14, 2019 7:48AM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive played PvP since pre IC and so far I have only run into 2 cheaters where I could actually say with confidence that 3rd party programs were used to manipulate gameplay, and both were some low cp accounts in sotha and both cases occured recently within the last 3 months.
    On the other hand, everyone who acuses others of using macros is probably just terrible at the game and doesnt understand what desyncs are in online games where everything combat related is server-sided.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ACTIVATING ESO LOGS NOW !
    NOW !
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never seen any real hacking... not in at least two years.

[...]

I don’t think we’ll ever get rid of exploiters. But I’m glad that we don’t have to deal with hackers.

We have to deal with hackers. About three weeks ago, there was a rather prominent forum post (that ZOS removed very quickly) protesting against the increasing amount of cheaters in PVP and referring to a russian hacksite (rfcheats) selling the current hacks for ESO. That site was showcasing various videos how the hack works in-game. This was real-game material, not something made up on the PTS, as I knew several of the vicitim-players that were visible in the video - sometimes up to 20.

And just four days ago I saw (and videoed) two guys lifting themselves vertically off the ground in Bleakers and standing in air to spam healing springs for their ballgroup without being touched by any ground damage. They did exactly what was showcased the the 'promotional video'.

So yes, cheaters are a reality although only very few are so mega-stupid as the two I saw at Bleakers. Just tuning up your gaming speed or your regen a bit is as effective as to walk through walls or fly throug air (both possible with current hacks), but ppl will always be uncertain whether a specific player is cheating or just incredibly good.
  • armeegrun
    armeegrun
    ✭✭
    I got some great screen shots of this sorc, suspended way up in the air in the middle of an open area, he was just spamming reach and light attacks and no one could touch him, or her I suppose. He stayed there for about ten minutes just picking people off...
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-3 months ago in Sotha Sil campaign on PCEU was an EP who would be under the map. Would pop up two shot you and teleport under again. Saw him everyday for about a week but not anything like that since.
  • armeegrun
    armeegrun
    ✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    2-3 months ago in Sotha Sil campaign on PCEU was an EP who would be under the map. Would pop up two shot you and teleport under again. Saw him everyday for about a week but not anything like that since.

I saw that about a few weeks back in PS4 in Cyrodil, it was ridiculous

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is cheating in any game. MMORPG's are no exception. Remember putting in god mode, unlimited ammo cheats into games when you were a kid? Yeah.....that still exists. If a game uses code to run, code can be modified.

Whether it is detectable or not....that's a different question. But it will ALWAYS be there.
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    Cheating is a huge problem. Some game companies are better than others at prevention and detection. And banning. From what I have read (and seen), ZOS has scored quite low on the scale of effectiveness in this regard. Bethesda apparently hasn't learned any lessons lately, as can be seen from the recent Fallout 76 fiasco.

But all game developers seem to be fighting an ongoing battle with hackers, and developing / selling hacks for games has become a big money earner for the black marketeers. Not to mention all the backyard scripters. But many big titles have managed to implement effective anti-cheating for their games - even ones who (like ESO) started with massive holes in their security.

In ESO, the end-game is PVP (and trials for PVE). These make gamers want to stick around longer and keep playing. When you have hackers constantly unbalancing the competition in PVP, it has a huge impact. The game experience deteriorates significantly, and the cheating players get massive in-game rewards (items, gold, mats) quickly, giving them an even bigger advantage. Bots have this effect too.

I expect many cheating players keep their hacking within set parameters to avoid detection or getting reported. There are some who push the limits however. I've seen many videos of characters flying through the sky, but I have witnessed it myself as recently as last week. Reported them, but I still see the same character in Cyrodiil this week.

The ones who push the limits of their hacks often have many (or all) of the traits listed below:

- Health bar hardly moves.
    - Huge, eye-popping damage output.
    - Ridiculous damage mitigation.
    - No sustain issues, ever.
    - Can never or rarely be CC'd or snared or stunned.
    - Constant super-fast movement speed.
    - A single heal will take them from 20% health to 100%.
    - Constant, repeated ultimates. Dawnbreaker is common (I suspect because it is less visually noticeable and has a DOT aspect).
    - Super fast attack speed, and often 3-5 skills and heavy attacks landing within a second. Global cool-down is being bypassed (sometimes due to lag though).

God-mode. I see these players wipe entire raids within seconds, single handedly, while taking almost no damage (not referring to 'bombers' here). I see these players attack single targets and kill everyone they hit with just one or two blows (not referring to ambushing 'gankers' here). I've seen players wipe out everyone along a wall with just hurricane and steel tornado. These same players will take hardly any damage at any stage, despite being attacked by multiple foes, AOE's, siege and ultimates. They are hardly ever slowed, stunned or knocked down.

Sometimes they are in small groups, all displaying the same traits. Interesting to note, that after 10 minutes of this kind of fiasco (at say a resource 'farm', or whatever they are doing), they will suddenly all become vulnerable and take damage like normal and all drop dead from the masses of incoming damage within a second. It's as if to avoid suspicion (or to 'blood-port'), they flick a switch and lose all their hacks.