The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

if u want balance dont look at cp pvp

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
cp pvp is a lost cause its unbalanced and wont ever be saved. nocp pvp is far superior and very well balanced. no need to ask for nerfs when u see a sorc or warden tank 20 people solo. just go no cp pvp. i wont understand why ppl even go for cp pvp. its garbage in my opinion.

cp should be removed from pvp in general. pvp should rly just be like nocp cyrodiil and battlegrounds in the game and then just focus on balancing that.

u can also make a 1 vs x nocp build but that will take far more effort and mechanical skill (resource management, timing, reflexes) in the game.

Edit:
name me any set and i can make it work for nocp pvp thats how balanced and skill dependant nocp is.... u cant do the same in cp pvp.

Edited by Noctus on May 8, 2019 5:43PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many CP do you have?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    cp pvp is a lost cause its unbalanced and wont ever be saved. nocp pvp is far superior and very well balanced. no need to ask for nerfs when u see a sorc or warden take down 20 people solo. just go no cp pvp. i wont understand why ppl even go for cp pvp. its garbage in my opinion.

cp should be removed from pvp in general. pvp should rly just be like nocp cyrodiil and battlegrounds in the game and then just focus on balancing that.

u can also make a 1 vs x nocp build but that will take far more effort and mechanical skill in the game.

The problem is that most zerglings don't slot a stun. I've sat back and watched them wail, only to have the person wipe 2 secs after I stun them.

I don't like NoCP because it seems to be overridden even more so with proc sets and poisons than CP pvp.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New inexperienced players tend to favor no cp...even at 810, those who dont care to learn other classes mechanics, who just want to build for glass and one two punch everything they look at...typically stam but there are some mag players who like no cp.

No cp favors stamina and certain mag specs. No cp encourages builds that capitalize on lost defense, which in turn encourages blind rage playing, not countering abilities just keeping up that vigor and may the more offense win.

CP encourages you to fight for a bit. To figure out ur enemies slotted skills, knowing what they do. Knowing when you have to counter and what support non damaging skills you have to use next.

No cp is kinda like...playing street fighter, any idiot can pick up the controller and learn to back himself into a corner and hold back and low kick. It's easy to figure out the broken mechanics and run with it.

CP is more like chess, any idiot can play a game of chess, but the game can last three moves, or thirty. The skill of your opponent and the skill of you matter more than who picked the better class.

I think it would be far more beneficial to the game to take away CP in general, across the board. But they need to give us lost stat. This game was not designed to be played without much of the stat they took away from us when CP was launched. They took regen, crit, crit damage, resists, and nerfed base damages quite a bit. I dont like the system they have in place right now I will say...but I'll take a longer fight I have to bow out from any day to a fight that's over before I can barswap.

PS-you must not play stamplar or magplar in ur NOCP endeavors...do you?
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and side thought.

You mentioned that I could just build a NoCp 1vX build. And I'm gonna tell you bud...certain classes can do that in no cp... but others can't. Stamden, stamDK can deff build that way, and have moderate success. But a magplar trying to build in that lost defensive stat? Not happening, unless I'm fighting complete noobs. But ur not going to succeed on a typical sweep plar setup. U dont have the capability to go offensive after turtling on ur backbar, especially in no cp. And is you have two glass canon players hammering you blindly? Not worrying about the damage your not putting out? It's a matter of time before ur done, CP atleast allows me to fill in some of those gaps...allowing me to play against two good hard hitting players and potentially win! No matter the build...its not happening in nocp. Some would argue that it's already impossible even in CP land.

If you like nocp, great, I'm glad. Just consider that the class you have the most experience with may be much better suited to no cp than others. And pls dont encourage our developers to do something stupid to CP. It's not healthy for the game for some players to call out others favored game mode. I like CP, you dont that's fine, we dont have to see each other.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some senses I agree with this. But CP, in some form or another, is here to stay. So asking to just ignore CP makes no sense. I also think that no CP highlights shortcomings in some classes, especially the more neglected classes like stamplar, which suffer from a lack of applicable passives.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with no-CP is that many interesting mechanics are locked behind CP (i.e. off-balance on dodge, and others). Also high-costs of actions make combat more clunky. On the other hand there is much less cancer in no-CP, and you may use your character both in PVE and PVP without changing CP distribution.

So problem is not in CP PVP, but in CP themselves. ZOS should get rid of min-maxing possibilities of CP and just make them unlock different QoL things and mechanics like last stand, exploiter, etc
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    New inexperienced players tend to favor no cp...even at 810, those who dont care to learn other classes mechanics, who just want to build for glass and one two punch everything they look at...typically stam but there are some mag players who like no cp.

No cp favors stamina and certain mag specs. No cp encourages builds that capitalize on lost defense, which in turn encourages blind rage playing, not countering abilities just keeping up that vigor and may the more offense win.

CP encourages you to fight for a bit. To figure out ur enemies slotted skills, knowing what they do. Knowing when you have to counter and what support non damaging skills you have to use next.

No cp is kinda like...playing street fighter, any idiot can pick up the controller and learn to back himself into a corner and hold back and low kick. It's easy to figure out the broken mechanics and run with it.

CP is more like chess, any idiot can play a game of chess, but the game can last three moves, or thirty. The skill of your opponent and the skill of you matter more than who picked the better class.

I think it would be far more beneficial to the game to take away CP in general, across the board. But they need to give us lost stat. This game was not designed to be played without much of the stat they took away from us when CP was launched. They took regen, crit, crit damage, resists, and nerfed base damages quite a bit. I dont like the system they have in place right now I will say...but I'll take a longer fight I have to bow out from any day to a fight that's over before I can barswap.

PS-you must not play stamplar or magplar in ur NOCP endeavors...do you?

Err, what? If you like CP pvp good on you, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with both systems.

However, what you wrote was like verbal vomiting on the internet. A whole lotta words, not a lot of sense.

A bit poetic though.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 25, 2019 11:10AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure the differences are as much as you think. I guess more all around do it all builds in CP but worse effects of things that dont necessarily benefit from CP in proc sets on no CP.

IM not sure you dont put a 1vxer on No CP and they still dont 1vX. Could have swore I saw a video of no CP and then the excuse was "No CP is for new players. Anyone can 1vX noobs who dont know how to play. "

At any rate; I do think they need to balance PVP 1 way or the other and leaving CP for PVE exclusively could allow different angles to balance.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here we go again. Uncapped cp kid is hurt because he got smashed in a cp campaign
    Edited by frostz417 on April 25, 2019 11:07AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Here we go again. Uncapped cp kid is hurt because he got smashed in a cp campaign

Or the OP really does think crutching on 3 proc sets is far superior and very well balanced.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 25, 2019 12:07PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cp pvp is a lost cause its unbalanced and wont ever be saved. nocp pvp is far superior and very well balanced. no need to ask for nerfs when u see a sorc or warden take down 20 people solo. just go no cp pvp. i wont understand why ppl even go for cp pvp. its garbage in my opinion.

I love the amount of nuance in this post. Well thought out. 10/10.

Both CP and noCP campaigns have balance issue--proc sets in noCP being one of the most egregious, but far from the only one.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ohhh here we go. capped nolife kid is afraid he will get smashed in cyrodiil like he get smashed in bg. not easy to fight relying on reflexes and coordination instead of hiding behind cheese builds and cp.

in bg i can make just about any set and armor work in cp pvp i will need to spec specifically and wear specific sets to be successfull there is no denying that nocp pvp is far better balanced and also way easier to balance and is easier to access.
    Edited by Noctus on April 25, 2019 2:27PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice bait
    Edited by oxygen_thief on April 25, 2019 2:39PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much. Cp is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be tanky so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.

I’m way over max cp and most of the other no cp players I know are as well, so that’s a non argument. Also cp players always complain about proc sets in non cp, but never give examples. The only proc set that’s commonly used is valkyn, and if that’s the only reason you’re dying, there’s probably l2p issues there.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Pretty much. Cp is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be tanky so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.

I’m way over max cp and most of the other no cp players I know are as well, so that’s a non argument. Also cp players always complain about proc sets in non cp, but never give examples. The only proc set that’s commonly used is valkyn, and if that’s the only reason you’re dying, there’s probably l2p issues there.

As a way over the cap CP user myself. I completely agree with OP and this poster I'm quoting.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cp pvp is a lost cause its unbalanced and wont ever be saved. nocp pvp is far superior and very well balanced. no need to ask for nerfs when u see a sorc or warden take down 20 people solo. just go no cp pvp.

agree. balancing should be done in PvE or no CP PvP. there's just too many variations and builds.
    cp should be removed from pvp in general. pvp should rly just be like nocp cyrodiil and battlegrounds in the game
    disagree.

some people put pineapple on pizza. i don't like them, but i can't call 911 and ask the FBI to arrest them either.
    u can also make a 1 vs x nocp build but that will take far more effort and mechanical skill (resource management, timing, reflexes) in the game.
    son, what are u smoking? 1vX CP build is FAR FAR more effort than a no CP 1vX.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ohhh here we go. capped nolife kid is afraid he will get smashed in cyrodiil like he get smashed in bg. not easy to fight relying on reflexes and coordination instead of hiding behind cheese builds and cp.

in bg i can make just about any set and armor work in cp pvp i will need to spec specifically and wear specific sets to be successfull there is no denying that nocp pvp is far better balanced and also way easier to balance and is easier to access.

I play both cp and non cp.. try again please. Guarantee I’d smack you in seconds in both cp and non cp.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are filled with bs and have good moments. I play both.

Albeit, I’d like to note for the hundredth time that no cp isn’t filled with proc sets at all, there’s only one proc set you’re likely to see. And if you actually play no cp you know which one that is.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP increases the gap between veteran and rookie, that's why you see so much broken builds across Cryodill. I am for noCP pvp, it's way more lined across the stats.

Baconlad wrote: »

noCP pvp is like chess. CP pvp is like chess that instead of pawns there are bishops and each piece has 3 lives.

-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both CP and no CP are unballanced and allows for broken builds. There are different types of chesse depends of the mode.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-CP is very favorable to builds that use Cloak, Roll Dodge or Oblivion Damage, because these powerful mechanics are just as strong in No-CP as in CP. I would not be surprised if OP depended on at least 2 of these 3 mechanics for his "skill".

No-CP also happens to be very UNfavorable to builds that use mechanics like Damage Shields which depend on both CP stars AND the CP boosts to base attributes like Magicka and Health. Playing Magicka Sorc, for example, in a No-CP environment is severely degraded compared to roly-poly Stam builds and cloaking Nightblades whose defenses are are still 100% effective.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many CP do you have?

...And yeah, I noticed OP didn't answer my question. Easily half the complaints I see about CP come from people who are too lazy to grind them out like the rest of us did.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 25, 2019 7:07PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many CP do you have?

...And yeah, I noticed OP didn't answer my question. Easily half the complaints I see about CP come from people who are too lazy to grind them out like the rest of us did.

Well said!
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-CP is very favorable to builds that use Cloak, Roll Dodge or Oblivion Damage, because these powerful mechanics are just as strong in No-CP as in CP. I would not be surprised if OP depended on at least 2 of these 3 mechanics for his "skill".

No-CP also happens to be very UNfavorable to builds that use mechanics like Damage Shields which depend on both CP stars AND the CP boosts to base attributes like Magicka and Health. Playing Magicka Sorc, for example, in a No-CP environment is severely degraded compared to roly-poly Stam builds and cloaking Nightblades whose defenses are are still 100% effective.

I’m a max cp magsorc and I still say cp pvp is bad.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been playing my Sorc from 1.6 and have max CP. I agree to an extent but in CP some builds I just can't damage on what I would call a competitive level. They just never die and I run a damage focus build. It isn't fun. In no-cp I just own folks, much more fun for me.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or the OP really does think crutching on 3 proc sets is far superior and very well balanced.

and forgets that CP mitigation only really accounts for 9% total mitigation gained, maybe 8-10% healing recieved, and another 1800-2k crit resists. Then also forgets that CP offense stars can crit forcing defensive stars to work double duty if they want to reduce crit dmg down to the same value as an attack when it doesnt crit.

What OP is really saying is that block and dodge roll are overperforming allowing more mitigation than intended ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can roll dodge way more in CP

But I agree with the rest

It's however ZoS fault for making Shields require CP to maintain effectiveness (I agree with you)

But I prefer no CP (not as my mag sorc) and have 1100 CP+
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 25, 2019 9:56PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many CP do you have?

790+ , took a break from the game but ill hit cp cap next week and also i dont think that 20 cp will do ***.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many CP do you have?

Well said!

ur ingame name and server ?
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats just not true. in fact nightblades on high MMR fights are worst classpick atleast in battlegrounds in cyrodiil stamblades are damn fine tho. Sorcs are strong in bg pvp their shields work just fine. ur mistaken to think sorc would be weak in no cp pvp. how do u come to that conclusion.

i have 2 sorcs in my fl. one is each week top 5 in the bg rankings and plays sorc dps very successfully and is also a Hodor member the other one can tank 3 ppl in bg without dying. so yeh sorc is rly strong from what i see....