The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

if u want balance dont look at cp pvp

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Here we go again. Uncapped cp kid is hurt because he got smashed in a cp campaign

Or the OP really does think crutching on 3 proc sets is far superior and very well balanced.

... except the GOOD no-CP PVPers tend to run stat-based sets. We laugh at and mock people who rely on multi proc set cheese to get kills.

Anyway, I agree with the OP, but CP fans whose builds would not be nearly as broken in no-CP would cry very hard if their crutch were disabled.

P. S. I have well over 1000 CP and have been playing this game for years, in case anyone feels the need to question me for preferring no-CP.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Here we go again. Uncapped cp kid is hurt because he got smashed in a cp campaign

Or the OP really does think crutching on 3 proc sets is far superior and very well balanced.

... except the GOOD no-CP PVPers tend to run stat-based sets. We laugh at and mock people who rely on multi proc set cheese to get kills.

Anyway, I agree with the OP, but CP fans whose builds would not be nearly as broken in no-CP would cry very hard if their crutch were disabled.

P. S. I have well over 1000 CP and have been playing this game for years, in case anyone feels the need to question me for preferring no-CP.

Yeah who runs 3 proc sets for real? Your survivability/sustain would be terrible.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t played a lot of CP pvp.

From what I’ve gathered the main difference is sustain, and Stamblades can load up on crit multiplier for huge snipes with the cloak auto crit. That and you can reduce the cost of dodge rolling, break free, etc... so you don’t have to be as conservative with your resources.

That and it’s easier to make 1vX videos, just find a group of low CPs.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 26, 2019 1:25PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    How many CP do you have?

...And yeah, I noticed OP didn't answer my question. Easily half the complaints I see about CP come from people who are too lazy to grind them out like the rest of us did.

Well said!

ur ingame name and server ?

Xbox NA and my Name is the exact same as my forum name lmao
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both cp and no cp are extremely unbalanced in their own ways.
    Cp is defensively unbalanced in ways of people being too tanky and massive heals
    Non-CP is offensively unbalanced because how people crutch on 3 proc sets and proc sets a long with bleeds Severly overperform as well as siege and 50k WW builds using 3 proc sets.
    But most people who cry about cp and claim non-cp is just so fantastic with balance which is completely incorrect are mostly just uncapped cp people who are too lazy to grind. Not trying to be condescending or be rude... but that’s honestly the truth. Most people who complain about imbalance lack perspective and only see things from their perspective and not others.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both cp and no cp are extremely unbalanced in their own ways.
    Cp is defensively unbalanced in ways of people being too tanky and massive heals
    Non-CP is offensively unbalanced because how people crutch on 3 proc sets and proc sets a long with bleeds Severly overperform as well as siege and 50k WW builds using 3 proc sets.
    But most people who cry about cp and claim non-cp is just so fantastic with balance which is completely incorrect are mostly just uncapped cp people who are too lazy to grind. Not trying to be condescending or be rude... but that’s honestly the truth. Most people who complain about imbalance lack perspective and only see things from their perspective and not others.
    Thanks for bringing reason to this thread. I still prefer no cp over cp myself. No cp is a lot more fast paced, as in people and also organized groups actually die there. There is a lot more challenge whereas cp is a huge carry where you can only reliably kill good players with major defile.
    Edited by Koensol on April 26, 2019 3:18PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone with 6k+ hours in PVP, 90% solo... No cp is the best format for PVP. The past week was a great insight into this for us console players, as our 30 day no cp campaign literally NEVER has a bar of population in it. The past week during the questing event, we saw that campaign get 7-9 bars of population multiple times, and players like myself took advantage of this to get some enjoyable open world NO CP pvp.

The game doesn't lag in NO CP like it does in CP. You could be fighting in a keep with 100 people split between two alliances and you'll still be able to use abilities in NO CP, whereas in CP there's literally no point in fighting within render distance of that same keep.

People actually die in NO CP. Cp is so ridiculously out of control now it's a joke. You have healers and tanks with no skill whatsoever pointing 100 points into blessed and 100 points into elfborn, who can legitimately sit there and crouch up and down, pressing 1 ability every 5 seconds, basically laughing at you as you put a 100% flawless rotation on them from your pure damage build without ever getting close to killing them. You take those same players into no CP and they can actually be killed because they don't have the sustain or mitigation to sit there endlessly tanking or outhealing your damage. At the same time, it becomes harder but more rewarding to play a damage build as you generally must be in medium/light armor running damage sets to be effective.

Some argue that CP is imbalanced because "proc sets and poisons overperform there". Those are outlier points. Proc sets and poisons DO overperform in NOCP, but not anywhere near how much healing and mitigation overperform in CP.

ZOS really needs to take steps towards introducing NO CP into PVP, such as removing the second CP Campaign on console so that players must enter a no-cp campaign if they don't want to be in the main 30 day CP camp. I've found that most players truly do enjoy no cp more once they've been exposed to it, they just don't have any opportunities for open world NO CP outside of events because of the lack of pop on console.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the pvp population rejected non cp long ago. Only PC has a sustainable population of any kind. CP is king across all platforms in Cyrodiil. In battle grounds it's none CP in order to accommodate the low cp population...

In my small guild of 10 players that play regularly, 2 say they would quit if CP was taken away,6 would not be happy,1 does not really care 1 prefers CP...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭

Best observation here.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liam12548 is spot on. While I'm not concerned about the campaign pops. The analysis is very accurate imo.

@Durham is also correct unfortunately CP is more popular (CP BGs literally just doesn't work because of what @Liam12548 said)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    hard cap damage mitigation is the answer
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you're dieing to proc sets in no-cp.. the crutch isn't the proc sets. the crutch is you constantly using the proc sets as your excuse for dieing.

Crutch Points are for those that want to have statistical advantage over other players that are not yet Crutch Point capped.

twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both are filled with bs and have good moments. I play both.

Albeit, I’d like to note for the hundredth time that no cp isn’t filled with proc sets at all, there’s only one proc set you’re likely to see. And if you actually play no cp you know which one that is.

Skoria ?
    Bloodspawn?
    Engine guardian?
    Caluurions?
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are filled with bs and have good moments. I play both.

Albeit, I’d like to note for the hundredth time that no cp isn’t filled with proc sets at all, there’s only one proc set you’re likely to see. And if you actually play no cp you know which one that is.

Skoria ?
    Bloodspawn?
    Engine guardian?
    Caluurions?

If you’re going to add bloodspawn and engine guardian as proc sets then you’re going to have to add a whole lot of sets to that category. Cal is mostly on magnb who are pretty extinct in no cp and skoria is the most consistent set.

I mean you also voted for magplar as the strongest so, yeah.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on April 27, 2019 12:10AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar is teh sht man
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who think noCP is like "Street Fighter" and takes no skill obviously never spent much time in competitive BGs. It is the same amount of skill if not more, because of the lack of room for error. And if you are comparing CP to chess you are right about one thing... it can take damn near forever. Because there is barely any risk and the only way a skilled player would lose an even fight is straight up out of boredom.

If you like fast paced combat without crutching on endless resistances and less emphasis on resource death then join noCP. If you prefer killing time over killing players, Vivec is over yonder. --->
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    As someone with 6k+ hours in PVP, 90% solo... No cp is the best format for PVP. The past week was a great insight into this for us console players, as our 30 day no cp campaign literally NEVER has a bar of population in it. The past week during the questing event, we saw that campaign get 7-9 bars of population multiple times, and players like myself took advantage of this to get some enjoyable open world NO CP pvp.

The game doesn't lag in NO CP like it does in CP. You could be fighting in a keep with 100 people split between two alliances and you'll still be able to use abilities in NO CP, whereas in CP there's literally no point in fighting within render distance of that same keep.

People actually die in NO CP. Cp is so ridiculously out of control now it's a joke. You have healers and tanks with no skill whatsoever pointing 100 points into blessed and 100 points into elfborn, who can legitimately sit there and crouch up and down, pressing 1 ability every 5 seconds, basically laughing at you as you put a 100% flawless rotation on them from your pure damage build without ever getting close to killing them. You take those same players into no CP and they can actually be killed because they don't have the sustain or mitigation to sit there endlessly tanking or outhealing your damage. At the same time, it becomes harder but more rewarding to play a damage build as you generally must be in medium/light armor running damage sets to be effective.

Some argue that CP is imbalanced because "proc sets and poisons overperform there". Those are outlier points. Proc sets and poisons DO overperform in NOCP, but not anywhere near how much healing and mitigation overperform in CP.

ZOS really needs to take steps towards introducing NO CP into PVP, such as removing the second CP Campaign on console so that players must enter a no-cp campaign if they don't want to be in the main 30 day CP camp. I've found that most players truly do enjoy no cp more once they've been exposed to it, they just don't have any opportunities for open world NO CP outside of events because of the lack of pop on console.

No-CP is not the answer to the problems you describe. For one thing, PvE mobs are balanced against CP, so doing anything in mixed PvP/PvE zones like the Imperial City is a nightmarish chore without CP. The correct approach is to address each PvP issue (healing, mitigation, resource recovery, etc) one by one with a balanced solution that takes CP into account. Intelligent adjustments to Battle Spirit and various overpowered set bonuses and weapon/class abilities are probably all that is required. ZOS simply does not prioritize balancing old content, which is a big problem, because PvP is OLD content.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 27, 2019 1:43AM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »

Yeah who runs 3 proc sets for real? Your survivability/sustain would be terrible.

But the sets will do all the dmg you need in one LA/HA. Sunderflame + Way of Fire do nasty dmg when both proc. Pair them with Pierce armor and a dmg monster set and you can just forget about some dmg skills, Just make sure stam is up for vigor/dodge rolling/bocking. And both sets have some pretty decent stamina bonuses.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No-CP is not the answer to the problems you describe. For one thing, PvE mobs are balanced against CP, so doing anything in mixed PvP/PvE zones like the Imperial City is a nightmarish chore without CP. The correct approach is to address each PvP issue (healing, mitigation, resource recovery, etc) one by one with a balanced solution that takes CP into account. Intelligent adjustments to Battle Spirit and various overpowered set bonuses and weapon/class abilities are probably all that is required. ZOS simply does not prioritize balancing old content, which is a big problem, because PvP is OLD content.

The first point you made here is not only irrelevant, but also not accurate. I farm tel var on a pvp setup in no cp, and can solo all the bosses in IC with ease.

I'm speaking from experience when I say that no cp is the answer to everything I described. I've put the time into both and the difference now with 810cp is so astronomical that the two aren't even comparable. Ultimately there is no need for cp in pvp, as it is both a massive detriment to game balance and a barrier to entry for newer players. It negates the need to make trade offs and compromises when building your character.

I completley disagree that "outlier sets and abilities" are the solution to a balance issue that is obviously the product of CP.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The first point you made here is not only irrelevant, but also not accurate. I farm tel var on a pvp setup in no cp, and can solo all the bosses in IC with ease.

I'm speaking from experience when I say that no cp is the answer to everything I described. I've put the time into both and the difference now with 810cp is so astronomical that the two aren't even comparable. Ultimately there is no need for cp in pvp, as it is both a massive detriment to game balance and a barrier to entry for newer players. It negates the need to make trade offs and compromises when building your character.

I completley disagree that "outlier sets and abilities" are the solution to a balance issue that is obviously the product of CP.

No offence, but you're just wrong. No-CP modes for Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil etc. is like going to Home Depot and buying a new AC window unit for every room in your house just because your central AC unit broke, when what you should have done is just called a professional HVAC guy to fix it. No-CP is just a short-sighted hack that deflects responsibility from the developers to fix their broken game.

No-CP only mode for Battlegrounds is an abomination because it steals progression from the player, without giving the player any CHOICE about it. I don't care if No-CP is "better", it's just wrong in principle. I would rather the CP system just be removed entirely and replaced with something else than have this inconsistent, patchwork of different game modes that we have today. At the very least, BOTH CP and No-CP modes should always be an option for the individual player, and that includes Battlegrounds.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats rather l2p issue. i can solo the bosses in nocp imperial city with pvp loadout,(ofc it will take longer but i think they are ment to be killed in group are they not ?) i rly dislike how easy it gets with cp. as alcast stated cp makes things to easy and as i state cp is for the weak.

its like cheating in darksouls for unlimited stamina and calling urself skillfull lol. some players only managed to beat maelstrom arena on cp 810 and some players will only remain relevant in pvp while they have cp to rely on.

what kind of player u gotta be to defend cp in pvp ?

no cp for many reasons is just better and probably the most important one is that players which arent capped and play at their own pace can join it. pvp is allways suppose to be skill based and not based on ur grinding. see gw 2 approach on this.
    Edited by Noctus on April 27, 2019 4:21AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Emma_Overload come on, CP BGs just didn't work. There were monsterous amounts of threads about how unenjoyable it was
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play both but I find no cp fights better ...harder to manage the incoming damages as well as the ressources

I like no cp more as in the end it feels more dynamic

The problem is that it is very hard to balance a game for non cp pvp as well as cp pvp and pve

Edited by Morgul667 on April 27, 2019 4:50AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Emma_Overload come on, CP BGs just didn't work. There were monsterous amounts of threads about how unenjoyable it was

That's why I support the existence of No-CP instances for those players who prefer them. All I want in return is a CP option for players like myself who prefer CP.

Fears of splitting the BG population are not valid. If players really think No-CP is that great, then you guys have nothing to worry about, because hardly anyone will switch to CP. If, in fact, a significant portion of players DO prefer CP, then why isn't it an option?

My sneaking suspicion is that there is a subset of the PvP population whose builds and/or play styles are optimal in a No-CP environment. I believe these players have been very vocal on the forums about making No-CP the only option because it is in their selfish interest to remove choices from other players.

This whole mess is the result of ZOS' bad decision to listen to emotion instead of reason. Now players like myself are either forced to ignore BGs or play them with bitter resentment and discontent. ZOS should just turn on the CP option for Battlegrounds and let the chips fall where they may.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 27, 2019 5:06AM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's why I support the existence of No-CP instances for those players who prefer them. All I want in return is a CP option for players like myself who prefer CP.

Fears of splitting the BG population are not valid. If players really think No-CP is that great, then you guys have nothing to worry about, because hardly anyone will switch to CP. If, in fact, a significant portion of players DO prefer CP, then why isn't it an option?

My sneaking suspicion is that there is a subset of the PvP population whose builds and/or play styles are optimal in a No-CP environment. I believe these players have been very vocal on the forums about making No-CP the only option because it is in their selfish interest to remove choices from other players.

This whole mess is the result of ZOS' bad decision to listen to emotion instead of reason. Now players like myself are either forced to ignore BGs or play them with bitter resentment and discontent. ZOS should just turn on the CP option for Battlegrounds and let the chips fall where they may.
    Wow... Your arguments are so filled with emotional convictions and assumptions. At least try to be reasonable. I know it's hard when you are the magsorc cheerleader, but at least try it. CP BGs were a complete utter mess. People didn't die at all when there were decent groups fighting each other. Too much healing, too much defense. This is simply an undeniable fact.

As for your sneaking suspicion. Lmfao. It is more obvious how your magsorc playstyle is stronger and more viable in cp with the bigger shield size. Nice projecting there though.
    Edited by Koensol on April 27, 2019 8:36AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Wow... Your arguments are so filled with emotional convictions and assumptions. At least try to be reasonable. I know it's hard when you are the magsorc cheerleader, but at least try it. CP BGs were a complete utter mess. People didn't die at all when there were decent groups fighting each other. Too much healing, too much defense. This is simply an undeniable fact.

As for your sneaking suspicion. Lmfao. It is more obvious how your magsorc playstyle is stronger and more viable in cp with the bigger shield size. Nice projecting there though.

You are not at all addressing my point that there should be a CHOICE of No-CP or CP. Why do YOU care if others play on a CP instance as long as you can play on a No-CP?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I cant take you seriously. Everytime you post something on these forums, it is clearly from a flagrantly bias perspective and often is not at all reflective of actual pvp experience. I don't think you actually have a strong understanding of the differences between cp and no cp, nor do I think you have the experience in both to comment on this.

Not to mention I watched pelican take you and 4 others down in one of his 1vx videos. At that point, it becomes very clear that you do not play pvp at a high level.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly, I cant take you seriously. Everytime you post something on these forums, it is clearly from a flagrantly bias perspective and often is not at all reflective of actual pvp experience. I don't think you actually have a strong understanding of the differences between cp and no cp, nor do I think you have the experience in both to comment on this.

Not to mention I watched pelican take you and 4 others down in one of his 1vx videos. At that point, it becomes very clear that you do not play pvp at a high level.

Oof
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know the video you are talking about. I was leaving a keep and saw a fight going on and decided to jump in for fun. I had no idea who was fighting and didn't care, and I sure as heck wasn't grouped or on comms with any other players. While it's true that I died in the initial encounter, it's ALSO true that I killed Pelican on my way out of the keep the second time. Of course, Pelican edited the video to only show his kills, not his deaths. If you are unaware that it is common practice for streamers/youtubers to selectively edit their videos, it is YOU who are obviously inexperienced in PvP!

I think it's kind of ridiculous and even a little creepy that people on the forums like yourself carry grudges against other players to the extent that you are scanning youtube videos for talking points. Lame.

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oof

The person you quoted can not refute the logic of my argument, therefore he resorts to tacky ad hominem attacks.

Oof, indeed!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE