The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The good, the bad, and the ugly: Tharn event PVP

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Today I had great fun doing the quests for boxes. I'm a well-versed pvper, so I knew what to expect. I picked the Malacath server to guest, and went and spent several hours doing quest after quest, getting some awesome goodies. I saw people of all alliances gathering at the quest hubs, weapons not drawn, in a moment of mutual peace. It was...beautiful. I even had an AD whisper me asking if the mobs we were killing were counting for me as well, as long as I got a hit in. It was so nice of them to ask! It was tricky killing the Black Daggers for the Chorrol quest, but we managed to both get credit for the kills. Now for the ugly...and by ugly, I mean not the pvp aspect of it, but the attitude of the players. When I was questing in Cheydenhal, I had blown through nearly all my quests. I was turning in quests when a roaming gang of AD werewolves and tanks rolled in, attacking everyone standing around. They then tbagged each body, including mine. I shrugged it off, rode back from Farragut, then tried to sneak back over. I saw more littered bodies of people...the same people killing everyone who approaced. And tbagging them. I waited a while before riding back to once again try to turn in my quests, tentatively sneaking, and saw they had gone, thankfully. It wasn't the killing that bothered me, it was the tbagging of every corpse like they did something fantastic to be proud of. Man, people can be so lame...I always adopt the mindset of not attacking unless attacked. And I guess that concept eludes others. They weren't questing, they weren't ganking, they were outright just killing everyone, some mounted, some standing around with no weapon drawn. I just shook my head in shame for their mothers.
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was in Bruma last night at the start of the event. It was a sea of all alliances. People were trying not to hit each other etc. I go to another town and every single time I get near the door for the quest I get killed and teabagged.

This morning was much the same until the lonely red decided he wasn't happy with this plan anymore. He died a few times and then started just doing the quests.

I'm not a massive fan of PvP, however I know where I am but to have two such differing experiences in two towns and about 20 mins.
    Edited by Spiderg1rl on April 19, 2019 9:20AM
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiderg1rl wrote: »
    Yeah I was in Bruma last night at the start of the event. It was a sea of all alliances. People were trying not to hit each other etc. I go to another town and Slavery time I get near the door for the quest I get killed and teabagged.

This morning was much the same until the lonely red decided he wasn't happy with this plan anymore. He died a few times and then started just doing the quests.

I'm not a massive fan of PvP, however I know where I am but to have two such differing experiences in two towns and about 20 mins.

If they wanted pvp why didn't they just go to the dedicated campaigns, why go to the new temporary campaigns to do that...I mean I was in my full pvp armor and using my Former Empress title, I didn't look like a carebear...but dang did I rage like one for a moment to myself watching them acting like jackasses.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I and a friend and a good chunk of another PvE group ended up in a silent truce with a DC lizard in Cropsford. Started out by attacking him off the guards before realizing he wasn’t fighting us, so we left him be and the rest of the time we were doing questing he just walked around and did emotes.

The less pleasant side: Every alliance had the small groups of a$shats trolling the towns by getting groups of 5+ to camp quest buildings and kill anyone who entered. It’s honestly pathetic, because everyone knows those sort of players wouldn’t even come close to a town normally.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!

Did you not read the part where I said it wasn't that aspect that bothered me...or did you just want to say that to sound like a ponce?
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear about that. Some pvpers just have a really nasty attitude. 'I hate pve so screw pvers!'

I can understand the random town raid (Sadly, if you don't pvp alot and as such don't die, you're worth a lot of ap. (Sorry Pvers but you're a treat so sweet to eat!)) T bags tho... That's pretty sour

Never really got the pve hatred but then that's probably because I do both, heh...
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭

Did you not read the part where I said it wasn't that aspect that bothered me...or did you just want to say that to sound like a ponce?

Replying with a derogatory slur. How elevated of you.
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    This event has been mostly what I expected.

Good moments, such as waiting for a delve boss side by side with a bunch of AD and trying not to hit them or get hit while killing the boss.

And bad moments, where 20+ stacks of different alliances went to the new campaigns to camp a town quest giver just to grief anyone trying to quest and then tbagging any they killed. They particularly liked stacking inside buildings for extra 'make sure they can't fight back' points.

For a pvp zone, you expect to die. But it's the griefing that annoys me most.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiderg1rl wrote: »
    Yeah I was in Bruma last night at the start of the event. It was a sea of all alliances. People were trying not to hit each other etc. I go to another town and Slavery time I get near the door for the quest I get killed and teabagged.

If they wanted pvp why didn't they just go to the dedicated campaigns, why go to the new temporary campaigns to do that...I mean I was in my full pvp armor and using my Former Empress title, I didn't look like a carebear...but dang did I rage like one for a moment to myself watching them acting like jackasses.

Some people like to feel better about themselves by killing the less experienced. Happens in every MMO

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »
    This event has been mostly what I expected.

Good moments, such as waiting for a delve boss side by side with a bunch of AD and trying not to hit them or get hit while killing the boss.

And bad moments, where 20+ stacks of different alliances went to the new campaigns to camp a town quest giver just to grief anyone trying to quest and then tbagging any they killed. They particularly liked stacking inside buildings for extra 'make sure they can't fight back' points.

For a pvp zone, you expect to die. But it's the griefing that annoys me most.

I think this is what annoyed me most last night. I understand where I am but the camping just to grief is what's sad and I don't expect it to get any better as the event week progresses
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was turning in quests when a roaming gang of AD werewolves and tanks rolled in, attacking everyone standing around. They then tbagged each body, including mine.

Simply beautiful 😂😂
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    I was turning in quests when a roaming gang of AD werewolves and tanks rolled in, attacking everyone standing around. They then tbagged each body, including mine.

Simply beautiful 😂😂

In Vivec it would have been hilarious, minus the bagging part.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't defend TBaging same as rage whisping I consider it as childish behaviour but I can at tell you why (at least in some situations) players TBAG in PvP - it is used by many as a taunt. They try to make someone angry so he will return and try to take revenge on them. Angry opponents are also more likely to make mistakes.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *crouch crouch crouch*
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭

They do it to elicit an emotional response from you, which clearly worked.

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

Simply beautiful 😂😂

I highly agree. If i had read that event in zone, i would have laughed a lot (minus the T bagging). All in good fun for a pvp zone. "Welcome to Cyrodiil"

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It didn't, because I didn't whisper any of them or try to hunt them down for revenge. I just felt bad for them because their attention-seeking behavior was obnoxious. You don't shoot fish in a barrel then tbag the fish.
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    It didn't, because I didn't whisper any of them or try to hunt them down for revenge. I just felt bad for them because their attention-seeking behavior was obnoxious. You don't shoot fish in a barrel then tbag the fish.

Well it clearly ruffled your feathers enough to come whine about it on the forums.
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know they do it hoping they will get a reaction like this out of it
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it clearly ruffled your feathers enough to come whine about it on the forums.

For clarity, are you going to acknowledge that you misread my post at all?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They also do it because they’re childish and more than a little pathetic

Toss up a warning in zone chat and people just leave the areas because they realize greifers don’t care for anything but bothering others. There is absolutely no other reason they’re camping neutral quest hubs other than to be a nuisance.

Then a PvP group will eventually rush the town and clear the greifers, and amazingly (/s) enough they don’t stick around when people show up who will challenge them
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i think he makes a fair point. you've very clearly been bothered by some dudes meming on you in the video game elder scrolls online: one tamriel unlimited: the elsweyr chronicles. stop trying to high road it with this passive aggressive nonsense and get over it.

can only imagine how you'd react to a point down in dark souls.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭

I didn't misread anything.

You were trying to do Cyrodiil town quests, got killed, and tbagged. It bothered you so much that you had to come vent on the forums with an air of superiority, and disparaging those who thwarted your attempts to complete said quests.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You were trying to do Cyrodiil town quests, got killed, and tbagged. It bothered you so much that you had to come vent on the forums with an air of superiority, and disparaging those who thwarted your attempts to complete said quests.

What don't you get about the idea that one can die and not be bothered, but be annoyed by the juvenile behavior of the people tbagging person after person? It did not bother me getting killed. It did not thwart me in any way, as I returned a total of three times. If its 'superiority' to see myself above tbagging, then fine, that is the only point you've made that has been true.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?

It's your turn next week. Don't talk too soon

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What don't you get about the idea that one can die and not be bothered, but be annoyed by the juvenile behavior of the people tbagging person after person? It did not bother me getting killed. It did not thwart me in any way, as I returned a total of three times. If its 'superiority' to see myself above tbagging, then fine, that is the only point you've made that has been true.

juvenile pfffhahahaha.

what a ridiculous and petty reason to claim superiority over another human being. grow up.
    Edited by Browiseth on April 19, 2019 9:59AM
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

It's your turn next week. Don't talk too soon

I do all content without exception and I have different standards and playstyles (and gear setups) for each. So it’s all good.
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Ok, I stand corrected. It didin't bother you at all. But it sure did annoy you, which is an emotional response and the entire purpose of a tbag.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh shut the *** up. You know as well as I do people aren’t PvPing, in this case, for the sake of PvP. They’re building the trolliest groups they can for the purpose of being ***. And I’ve been PvPing almost exclusively for three years. It doesn’t bother me. I can kill most people who try to kill me, often a few at a time, don’t give a *** about reward boxes really. I don’t even have time to participate much this week, but I’ve seen it in years passed . People go out of their way to be a pain in the ass during an event precisely because they know they can, that’s not PvP that’s just people who suck in general. I’d bet 90% of them aren’t even good and are taking this opportunity to feel like big shots. Although I will say I’ve enjoyed responding to a couple of calls for help. Last PvP event I went up and obliterated this magblade camping Bruma and bagged him lol. Man did they get salty lmao. That’s the kind of person who does this, one who can dish it out but can’t take ***.
    Edited by Vapirko on April 19, 2019 10:02AM