The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The good, the bad, and the ugly: Tharn event PVP

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    For clarity, are you going to acknowledge that you misread my post at all?

I didn't misread anything.

You were trying to do Cyrodiil town quests, got killed, and tbagged. It bothered you so much that you had to come vent on the forums with an air of superiority, and disparaging those who thwarted your attempts to complete said quests.

What don't you get about the idea that one can die and not be bothered, but be annoyed by the juvenile behavior of the people tbagging person after person? It did not bother me getting killed. It did not thwart me in any way, as I returned a total of three times. If its 'superiority' to see myself above tbagging, then fine, that is the only point you've made that has been true.

juvenile pfffhahahaha.

what a ridiculous and petty reason to claim superiority over another human being. grow up.

You know what...I'm just going to let the irony of your comment speak for itself.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?

It's your turn next week. Don't talk too soon

I do all content without exception and I have different standards and playstyles (and gear setups) for each. So it’s all good.

Cool, my kinda guy. :)
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For clarity, are you going to acknowledge that you misread my post at all?

I didn't misread anything.

You were trying to do Cyrodiil town quests, got killed, and tbagged. It bothered you so much that you had to come vent on the forums with an air of superiority, and disparaging those who thwarted your attempts to complete said quests.

What don't you get about the idea that one can die and not be bothered, but be annoyed by the juvenile behavior of the people tbagging person after person? It did not bother me getting killed. It did not thwart me in any way, as I returned a total of three times. If its 'superiority' to see myself above tbagging, then fine, that is the only point you've made that has been true.

juvenile pfffhahahaha.

what a ridiculous and petty reason to claim superiority over another human being. grow up.

You know what...I'm just going to let the irony of your comment speak for itself.

same to you my friend. if you can't see how perfectly you talked yourself into a corner...well, it means i don't have to waste my time arguing with you since i already know you'll be able to perform the mental gymnastics required to ignore what i'm saying.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!

Oh shut the *** up. You know as well as I do people aren’t PvPing, in this case, for the sake of PvP. They’re building the trolliest groups they can for the purpose of being ***. And I’ve been PvPing almost exclusively for three years. It doesn’t bother me. I can kill most people who try to kill me, often a few at a time, don’t give a *** about reward boxes really. I don’t even have time to participate much this week, but I’ve seen it in years passed . People go out of their way to be a pain in the ass during an event precisely because they know they can, that’s not PvP that’s just people who suck in general. I’d bet 90% of them aren’t even good and are taking this opportunity to feel like big shots. Although I will say I’ve enjoyed responding to a couple of calls for help. Last PvP event I went up and obliterated this magblade camping Bruma and bagged him lol. Man did they get salty lmao. That’s the kind of person who does this, one who can dish it out but can’t take ***.

PvEers are easy targets. They have no PvP gear and no PvP experience.

They're in our world now.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?

Do you honestly think any PvPer ever goes to a neutral towns because they want to PvP? They don’t wants competitive fights, they want a slaughter of players who they know aren’t geared for the content, regardless of them posing exactly zero threat to the competitive aspect of Cyrodiil.

Bruma, Vlastrarus, Cropsford, you can explain defending the towns to cap them, duking it out in the town and fighting off PvEers before they even reach town. But to sit in the quest room with 5+ people solely to kill anyone while they’re still loading in? How are you going to try and explain that as anything other than griefing?
    Edited by Jhalin on April 19, 2019 10:12AM
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure they didnt tbagg out of pride, they where most certainly just trolling and trying to *** ppl of
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with the Carnage. If 810 players killing my 20 alt means they actually get to feel good about themselves, I'm glad I could assist...and I have learned to be sneakier...much sneakier.
    Edited by Matchimus on April 19, 2019 10:17AM
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Do you honestly think any PvPer ever goes to a neutral towns because they want to PvP? They don’t wants competitive fights, they want a slaughter of players who they know aren’t geared for the content, regardless of them posing exactly zero threat to the competitive aspect of Cyrodiil.

Bruma, Vlastrarus, Cropsford, you can explain defending the towns to cap them, during it out in the town and fighting off PvEers before they even reach town. But to sit in the quest room with 5+ people solely to kill anyone while they’re still loading in? How are you going to try and explain that as anything other than griefing?

AP is AP. If they can't get into the town because 5 people are camping it, they should get a group together and overpower the campers.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Im sure they didnt tbagg out of pride, they where most certainly just trolling and trying to *** ppl of

This is likely true. I just feel bad for the pure PVEers who go out to do quests and get that treatment. It only furthers the idea that PVP is toxic and is offputting to people who were new to the environment. I see so many people say they will never pvp because of how toxic and stupid people can be, and the community didn't help that image one bit by acting that way. There were all alliances there, even other yellows backed away and watched as those people just mowed everyone down. I just feel bad that people have to act like that.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiderg1rl wrote: »
    Yeah I was in Bruma last night at the start of the event. It was a sea of all alliances. People were trying not to hit each other etc. I go to another town and every single time I get near the door for the quest I get killed and teabagged.

This morning was much the same until the lonely red decided he wasn't happy with this plan anymore. He died a few times and then started just doing the quests.

I'm not a massive fan of PvP, however I know where I am but to have two such differing experiences in two towns and about 20 mins.
    We was plagued with lots of gank attempt against our 8 man group, most amusing was the two tanks with an tank nearby they took forever to kill and just respawned and came back.
    We decided to do pvp instead :)

Have an strong feeling if nobody tries to fight most agree on that, however this you get enough fighting that trust goes away.
    At the start we did not targeted enemies first but later on you hit fast and hard.

Was back early this morning and had 20 fast quests.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I see future handbags doing quests atm, the more I feel the urge to break my good sportsmanship for the event idea, get my Khajit NB and kill them faster.

It's your turn next week. Don't talk too soon

:)

Ahh next week going to be glorious. I have the addons up, everyone who doesn't perfom will get the boot half way the trial or dungeon. And there is going to be no excuse to the "I use my PVP gear". Out you go back to BGs and Cyrodiil. :D
  • Vuylstekeara
    Vuylstekeara
    ✭✭✭✭
    3am in Cyrodiil, sneaking around, trying do some quests... and get ganked immediately after I entered a house with a quest giver, in an area controlled by my own alliance. So everything was working as expected.
    Then I put out a message in zone chat, not as cry for help, just as a warning for other players. Some PvPers reacted and dealt with the ganker right away.
    What I'm getting at is make it public when you see one of those lazy players out for easy prey, might give them more of an PvP experience than they had expected and perhaps discourage them from furher bothering PvEers.
    "The paper is balanced, but nerf the rock!"
    - The scissors
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is correct and running in and take over an town is totally logical play. Same is attacking enemies you see.
    Ganking inside delves, that is just trolling not efficiently farming XP. And yes it was the same guy who tried to take some of us earlier not seeing we was an large group, also not knowing we would get an quest in that delve :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!

It’s amazing how you didn’t read that nobody had any weapons drawn, weren’t doing anything, and yet apparently you think being “awesome” by attacking unarmed people doing literally nothing but questing is amazing. Newsflash: it’s a d move.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't done the cyro dailies this time around, but this is why I keep my sheath gear handy and lurk to turn quests in, most of those type of p[eople get bored fast so its a quick process

Just picture how much worse its going to end up being with faction locks during mid year madness.

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Bruma, Vlastrarus, Cropsford, you can explain defending the towns to cap them, during it out in the town and fighting off PvEers before they even reach town. But to sit in the quest room with 5+ people solely to kill anyone while they’re still loading in? How are you going to try and explain that as anything other than griefing?

AP is AP. If they can't get into the town because 5 people are camping it, they should get a group together and overpower the campers.

That’s what happens, and the griefer waits until the challenge is gone before they return after they get their face stomped, because like we all seem to realize but you, they’re not there for PvP, they’re there to make other players upset. That’s it. That’s their entire goal.

You make more AP repairing keep walls, or yknow actually engaging in PvP battles, so that “AP is AP” thing is no point in your favor.

People already learned they either leave the area (because griefers get bored without a target to bother) or pull in some experienced PvPers to deal with them (because they’re not actually very good and will avoid a true PvP encounter)
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    3am in Cyrodiil, sneaking around, trying do some quests... and get ganked immediately after I entered a house with a quest giver, in an area controlled by my own alliance. So everything was working as expected.
    Then I put out a message in zone chat, not as cry for help, just as a warning for other players. Some PvPers reacted and dealt with the ganker right away.
    What I'm getting at is make it public when you see one of those lazy players out for easy prey, might give them more of an PvP experience than they had expected and perhaps discourage them from furher bothering PvEers.

This is the most wonderful post I've read on this thread! Regular PvPers will come help if we're not already engaged in another fight.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s amazing how you didn’t read that nobody had any weapons drawn, weren’t doing anything, and yet apparently you think being “awesome” by attacking unarmed people doing literally nothing but questing is amazing. Newsflash: it’s a d move.

i know, i can't believe it either. i never would have expected to find player versus player in a player versus player environment either.

i can only hope all those involved feel the same shame i feel for them over their heinous acts.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s what happens, and the griefer waits until the challenge is gone before they return after they get their face stomped, because like we all seem to realize but you, they’re not there for PvP, they’re there to make other players upset. That’s it. That’s their entire goal.

You make more AP repairing keep walls, or yknow actually engaging in PvP battles, so that “AP is AP” thing is no point in your favor.)

A steady stream of incompetent PvEers is more AP than taking keeps.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollers gonna troll, gankers gonna gank, its the same type of people at the heart of every pvper is a bit of troll just the nature of pvp

When you enter any pvp that is what to expect to expect better is just silly.

Just my random thoughts on the matter and no bad feelings meant

Have a nice day folks
    Edited by RedTalon on April 19, 2019 10:31AM
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saddle up soldiers! Time to roleplay as PVE players! Psst.. We only charge 10k per min, just saying 😁
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is a cancer and ESO would be better without it.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i know, i can't believe it either. i never would have expected to find player versus player in a player versus player environment either.

i can only hope all those involved feel the same shame i feel for them over their heinous acts.
    Your attitude during events isn’t going to help some PvEers joining in PvP when it becomes a dead zone again. Just saying
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep! We respond. I don't like those guys either.

I think what pvpers need to remember is we all had a learning curve at the beginning and many great players started in pve. Gank all you want and kill people because that's pvp but the toxic attitudes are just stupid.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You make more AP repairing keep walls, or yknow actually engaging in PvP battles, so that “AP is AP” thing is no point in your favor.)

A steady stream of incompetent PvEers is more AP than taking keeps.

You keep doing those mental gymnastics kid, everyone still knows griefing when they see it
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find land grabs to be relaxing and a fun way to get items to break down, so hopefully bgs stay around, it helps with getting resources and bumping up crafting skills on alts.
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    You keep doing those mental gymnastics kid, everyone still knows griefing when they see it

How's your Grand Overlord title coming along?
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

I find land grabs to be relaxing and a fun way to get items to break down, so hopefully bgs stay around, it helps with getting resources and bumping up crafting skills on alts.

I have been gaming for close on 30 years - bit of a fossil myself and in every game where there's is PVE and PVP it it impossible to please either and continual backpedaling by developers forced to design skills around the minority, which has huge impact on the core game mechanics.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to chill a little a bit.

It's a game no one died.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

I have been gaming for close on 30 years - bit of a fossil myself and in every game where there's is PVE and PVP it it impossible to please either and continual backpedaling by developers forced to design skills around the minority, which has huge impact on the core game mechanics.

Yeah and a few games have failed when they try to please everyone or just one side.