The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The good, the bad, and the ugly: Tharn event PVP

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?

They would get kicked instantly for not doing enough DPS, or not knowing boss mechanics. Like...within 3 minutes of entering they would get kicked.

At least PVEers entering a PVP zone can always come back as many times as they want.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Like the new PvP daily quest "Kill 100 PvE Questers". :D
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Catulo wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ... If I were to try to participate in next week’s dungeons/trials in my PVP gear, I would be vote-kicked out almost immediately. It has been so long since I did a dungeon, I can’t even remember my rotation for each character. So you know what I’m going to do? I’m going to skip grouping up next week, and will simply solo normal pledge dungeons on my main (the only one who still has PVE gear). I’m not going to cry about elitist PVEers who won’t let me participate with non-meta gear and rotations. ...

The discussion is not about PvPers, but about those who specifically try to ruin the fun/work for as many players as possible by camping.

Anything done in a PVP zone is PVP regardless of how you feel about it. We don't care about your feelings, this isn't Kindergarten anymore.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being mad doesn't help. Not doing the content that makes you mad helps. Your actions speak louder than your words, as the Vet DLC dungeon nerf showed. People didn't do it, ZoS changed it. Complaining while you do it only tells ZoS you don't hate it enough to skip it.

Me? I'm just spending the week eating cake and trying not to buy Grand Topal Hideaway.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a weird mix. Last night in the sub 50 Campaign DC had control of Bruma. A group of EP came up on the flag as we were fighting the anchor and we wiped them. Later, a lone EP sorc with pets came. The twilight was attacking players at the quest giver, and we just let him be.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trash they give out for this event ain’t worth the hassle. I pvp and only do 2 quests: kill 20 whatever’s and the gladiator ones.

Any fool I run into not wearing a red tag is fair game. I don’t care if you’re level 10, fishing, doing quests, solo 1vX, streaming, a 100 man Zerg, after a skyshard, AFK, or even dead! (I’m gonna try to kill you again!)

I’m Jump Lane and I came to get down!

Figures ! Also whining about free stuff ! Must share the same basement
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on April 19, 2019 6:06PM
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The true end of the Three Banner War will be the Unification of the Alliances vs the PvErs....lol
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything done in a PVP zone is PVP regardless of how you feel about it. We don't care about your feelings, this isn't Kindergarten anymore.

Geez, you are such a tough guy. Not kindergarten, woah. I want you to be my hero. Can you be my new hero please? I wanna be tough like you.

Pretty please?

<3
    PC/EU
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Anything done in a PVP zone is PVP regardless of how you feel about it. We don't care about your feelings, this isn't Kindergarten anymore."

Cant do anything else ? PVP ! Then tell your one friend how great you are !
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on April 19, 2019 6:14PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    The trash they give out for this event ain’t worth the hassle. I pvp and only do 2 quests: kill 20 whatever’s and the gladiator ones.

Any fool I run into not wearing a red tag is fair game. I don’t care if you’re level 10, fishing, doing quests, solo 1vX, streaming, a 100 man Zerg, after a skyshard, AFK, or even dead! (I’m gonna try to kill you again!)

I’m Jump Lane and I came to get down!

Figures ! Also whining about free stuff ! Must share the same basement

Keep that trash! And rez out you’ll feel better lol.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Im sure they didnt tbagg out of pride, they where most certainly just trolling and trying to *** ppl of

This is likely true. I just feel bad for the pure PVEers who go out to do quests and get that treatment. It only furthers the idea that PVP is toxic and is offputting to people who were new to the environment. I see so many people say they will never pvp because of how toxic and stupid people can be, and the community didn't help that image one bit by acting that way. There were all alliances there, even other yellows backed away and watched as those people just mowed everyone down. I just feel bad that people have to act like that.

I'm not only new to PVP, I'm somewhat new to MMOs in general and ESO in particular. I was killed 3 times last night: the first two by someone who came out of cloak and attacked me from the back while I was looking for the quest giver. I don't know if they tbagged my char or not as I ported ASAP. Frankly, I don't care if they did.

The third time, another faction was trying to take over the town and I knew I was likely to be killed.

I don't think all PVP and PVPers are toxic. The ganker was doing what they do, and probably this is the only way they know how to play. I was kind of proud of the third death, as I am of all the other times I tried to engage into battles in Cyro.

I'm not good enough yet (and might never become good enough) for PVP. I admire the ones who are.
    The more I see future handbags doing quests atm, the more I feel the urge to break my good sportsmanship for the event idea, get my Khajit NB and kill them faster.
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?

It's your turn next week. Don't talk too soon

:)

Ahh next week going to be glorious. I have the addons up, everyone who doesn't perfom will get the boot half way the trial or dungeon. And there is going to be no excuse to the "I use my PVP gear". Out you go back to BGs and Cyrodiil. :D

Why? I'm sorry but this kind of thing is ridiculous. Your solution to the perceived toxicity is to be toxic too?
    DonRavello wrote: »
    I like such events. I revive my stamblade, equip the battlegrounds gear and adjust my skills and CP.

And then I put on a hilarious outfit, pick my most shiny mount and an obvious PvE title like "Master Crafter" or similar. I start doing the quests and don't need to wait long for PvE-attacking cowards to pick me from all the fellow questers for their sad game.

Not always, but quite often they lie dead shortly after. These are the moments when I feel good. Of course I will not tbag them. That has never been my style.

If I die, so what? I may have saved some fellow questers.

PvE-attacking cowards beware of this sight! :smiley:

Beware.jpg

You're awesome!

Because I play ESO to have fun, I chose to think that most PVPers are just like you.
    carlos424 wrote: »
    So when some pvper joins undaunted or trials dungeon group next week (and we will all see them), for easy carries for event boxes, just kick from group. They are usually pretty identifiable by the skills they are using, especially the snipe spammers. Lol.

Or, and I know this might sound crazy (/sarcasm) help them. It might make some of them more inclined to be helpful next time PVEers visit their playground.

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    Being mad doesn't help. Not doing the content that makes you mad helps. Your actions speak louder than your words, as the Vet DLC dungeon nerf showed. People didn't do it, ZoS changed it. Complaining while you do it only tells ZoS you don't hate it enough to skip it.

Me? I'm just spending the week eating cake and trying not to buy Grand Topal Hideaway.

^ This. ^

Between people ganking and not giving others a chance to partake of the event and game bugs that stopped me even being able to cast any spells, I'm done with this week's part of the event. Been enjoying it until now. Just going to eat cake each day and catch up in week 5 or buy whatever style pieces I still need.

Sometimes, I just really don't like people and I've seen some real unpleasant ones in this topic.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things were pretty peaceful on Boethiah for a while, but EP groups have started camping every quest town with interior questers. They're setting up siege and farming the questers as they come in.

I get that it's a PvP zone, and short term shenagagins can be entertaining, but to do this in such an organized manner and for such a long duration crosses the line into exploiting the event to farm AP. Due to the lag when entering such a building, it completely forgoes any possibility of this being actual PvP as players entering are dead before they can even move.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    "Anything done in a PVP zone is PVP regardless of how you feel about it. We don't care about your feelings, this isn't Kindergarten anymore."

Cant do anything else ? PVP ! Then tell your one friend how great you are !

I already have all the friends I need: Me. I am my own best friend, and I tell myself how great I am every day in the mirror.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw some ganker trash get repeatedly demolished in bruma and cheydinhal earlier. Served 'em right. They should pvp with people who actually want to pvp. But that's the way it goes with the toxic bros of Cyrodiil. If they're not throwing around sexist and homophobic insults they're farming questers. Shame the devs allow that sort of garbage to thrive.
    forever stuck in combat
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by DR4GONFL1 on April 19, 2019 7:17PM
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rumor has it a few gankers are doing it purposely to corner the costume page market. That might be one of the reasons it's extra bad this year. I am gonna pass on any sort of Cyro this week. I went in there yesterday, tried two different campaigns, and got the same result. Gankers getting you as soon as you go to pick up or turn in your quest. I really wish they would go back to you being able to do any daily throughout the event. At least then you had a choice of what you wanted to do, and IMO was a lot more fun.
    Edited by angelncelestine on April 19, 2019 7:24PM
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Catulo wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ... If I were to try to participate in next week’s dungeons/trials in my PVP gear, I would be vote-kicked out almost immediately. It has been so long since I did a dungeon, I can’t even remember my rotation for each character. So you know what I’m going to do? I’m going to skip grouping up next week, and will simply solo normal pledge dungeons on my main (the only one who still has PVE gear). I’m not going to cry about elitist PVEers who won’t let me participate with non-meta gear and rotations. ...

The discussion is not about PvPers, but about those who specifically try to ruin the fun/work for as many players as possible by camping.

Haha... Thats the best example of the type of PVPers being discussed ever, thank you! You just can't make this stuff up...
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I was in Sheogorath campaign which had turned into basically a haven for AD PvE questers - almost all buildings were yellow. And then I watched, sadly, as zone chat became a bunch of warnings that EP people were going to quest turn in spots, towns, and killing everyone who set foot there. We tried to make a group to take back Cropsford, but most of us were PvE people so we failed pretty badly.

I'm so frustrated with them because I have seen the good side of PvP! I have seen the kind person who let me pass through a DC gate to get a skyshard once they realized I wasn't after their scroll. I've fished side by side with EP and DC at fishing holes, with no person attacking the other. I've also been a part of actual, incredible fights for keeps where there were massive armies of capable people on both sides! All those things were great fun.

Being killed over and over trying to turn in a quest is not fun. I'm deeply sadded that so many people will only see the bad side of PvP today, and probably never come back.
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today I was in Sheogorath campaign which had turned into basically a haven for AD PvE questers - almost all buildings were yellow. And then I watched, sadly, as zone chat became a bunch of warnings that EP people were going to quest turn in spots, towns, and killing everyone who set foot there. We tried to make a group to take back Cropsford, but most of us were PvE people so we failed pretty badly.

There seems to be a group of 8-10 EP losers who are doing NOTHING but taking towns and camping inside the quest buildings. I'm in AD and I hope you had an OK time before school got out and these scum players went down to their basements. I tried waving to y'all who were trying to turn in quests but I think I accidentally swung my weapon around so I probably looked the opposite of a pacifist...

I know that players from *all* factions are doing this, and they are ALL pathetic, faction notwithstanding. People keep saying "tHiS Is PVP DeAl wITh iT" but this is NOT PvP as I know it, it's people being cruel for the sake of being cruel.

• ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder to keep the thread on-topic, constructive and civil. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole thread is just food for the trolls
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Like the new PvP daily quest "Kill 100 PvE Questers". :D

Me too :D:D:D
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    The influx of people only there to quest makes it so that PvP guilds can't get enough members on to play. This causes frustration. When I brought this up in Cyrodiil I was met with "it's only for a week, get over it." by the questers.

To which I responded with "Oh, you're getting steam rolled at vlast? It's only for a week, get over it."

I've seen poor attitudes on both sides of it.
    Edited by Steelshiv on April 19, 2019 9:05PM
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering why you gotta point out that they were tbagging it's in every game since for ever. Then as I kept going i knew why. Imagine being that triggered by tbagging that you gotta go to the forums to complain about it and then shame their mothers.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There seems to be a group of 8-10 EP losers who are doing NOTHING but taking towns and camping inside the quest buildings. I'm in AD and I hope you had an OK time before school got out and these scum players went down to their basements. I tried waving to y'all who were trying to turn in quests but I think I accidentally swung my weapon around so I probably looked the opposite of a pacifist...

I know that players from *all* factions are doing this, and they are ALL pathetic, faction notwithstanding. People keep saying "tHiS Is PVP DeAl wITh iT" but this is NOT PvP as I know it, it's people being cruel for the sake of being cruel.

So pvp players killing other players in a game is an act of cruelty? That we pve players should have some sort of right not to be killed when we enter the zone designed for pvp??

I'm a pve player in every way, but I find it silly to get mad at players who want to pvp in a pvp zone. It DOES NOT matter if they are trying to farm AP or something. That is totally a reasonable thing to do. Is it annoying for us? Sure. But its ONE week of pvp based rewards then back to pve based rewards...

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See here, it’s PLAYER vs PLAYER. Learn to kill players. Problem solved. If the town quests weren’t so boring and the rewards trash, I’d do em. I ain’t saying I’d kill EVERYONE camping the towns trying to kill me but they’d definitely have a fight on their hands.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's your turn next week. Don't talk too soon
    An valid point, one issue with PvP is the brutal learning curve.
    In PvE you can dial your difficulty and work your way up.

And next week will be way harder to farm, its only three pledges and one trial weekly quest.
    And they are time consuming even for good players in pre made groups.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s simple really: if a PvEer isn’t attacking you at all and just doing a quest: don’t be an ***

If they do attack: self defense I guess?
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    So pvp players killing other players in a game is an act of cruelty? That we pve players should have some sort of right not to be killed when we enter the zone designed for pvp??

Is this really so hard to understand?
    PvPler =/= Ganker

People here complaining about ganker who try to ruin the event for as many players as possible, not general PvPler.
    PC/EU