The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The good, the bad, and the ugly: Tharn event PVP

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to chill a little a bit.

It's a game no one died.

And besides all the pcs are immortal . We are all the highlanbder in the game :P
    Edited by RedTalon on April 19, 2019 10:43AM
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!

It’s amazing how you didn’t read that nobody had any weapons drawn, weren’t doing anything, and yet apparently you think being “awesome” by attacking unarmed people doing literally nothing but questing is amazing. Newsflash: it’s a d move.

i know, i can't believe it either. i never would have expected to find player versus player in a player versus player environment either.

i can only hope all those involved feel the same shame i feel for them over their heinous acts.
    Your attitude during events isn’t going to help some PvEers joining in PvP when it becomes a dead zone again. Just saying

i'm a pve'r :)
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys trying to just do these quests and posting on the forum are doing the worst thing you can do in PVP. Letting the people who did it know that they got under your skin.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They started it first!
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    You guys trying to just do these quests and posting on the forum are doing the worst thing you can do in PVP. Letting the people who did it know that they got under your skin.

Yeah, true!

Jerks aren't going to stop because it upsets you. It only drives them harder.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with the event is awesome because when i did quests yesterday my alliance stood as guard near cities for us weak PVE guys so we can quest in town without getting ganked constantly.

And they did it just for the benefit of a few AP whenever a ganker showed up.

On Xbox Eu
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

That is true, need to deal with like you would a troller pure and siomple
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with the event is awesome because when i did quests yesterday my alliance stood as guard near cities for us weak PVE guys so we can quest in town without getting ganked constantly.

And they did it just for the benefit of a few AP whenever a ganker showed up.

On Xbox Eu

That is awesome, that is what the pvp community needs, more people helping each other. I hope you return to Cyrodiil sometime if you enjoyed it :)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    You keep doing those mental gymnastics kid, everyone still knows griefing when they see it

How's your Grand Overlord title coming along?

Pretty well, since those titles are really a matter of time spent rather than skill involved

I prefer BGs though, because I’d much rather play a semi-even fight than ride in a zerg swarm or spend my time squatting on events griefing players who are exerting zero influence over the campaign’s competitive aspects :)
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP is a cancer and ESO would be better without it.

PvE is cancer and ESO would be better without it
    Edited by Vietfox on April 19, 2019 11:11AM
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!

Oh shut the *** up. You know as well as I do people aren’t PvPing, in this case, for the sake of PvP. They’re building the trolliest groups they can for the purpose of being ***. And I’ve been PvPing almost exclusively for three years. It doesn’t bother me. I can kill most people who try to kill me, often a few at a time, don’t give a *** about reward boxes really. I don’t even have time to participate much this week, but I’ve seen it in years passed . People go out of their way to be a pain in the ass during an event precisely because they know they can, that’s not PvP that’s just people who suck in general. I’d bet 90% of them aren’t even good and are taking this opportunity to feel like big shots. Although I will say I’ve enjoyed responding to a couple of calls for help. Last PvP event I went up and obliterated this magblade camping Bruma and bagged him lol. Man did they get salty lmao. That’s the kind of person who does this, one who can dish it out but can’t take ***.

PvEers are easy targets. They have no PvP gear and no PvP experience.

They're in our world now.

Lol. It's kinda pathetic for a PvPer to bully a PvE-er, don't you think? They're not within your level. Probably not even geared/spec'd for PvP. Wearing divines (at the very least), and using PvE skills, with PvE CP allocation and mundus. They obviously don't stand a chance.

I suppose when you are a terrible PvP-er, and you enjoy this sort of behavior that's the only time you get significant number of AP. I suppose, events like this when PvE players have to go to "your world" is the only time you are able to kill anyone in this game. I suppose when you are matched with someone who was equipped for PvP, you can't even get someone down to 80% of their health. It's sad really, because actual PvP players don't tolerate this behavior. They have better things to do than try to "prove" to themselves that they are PvP players, by killing PvE players. lol.

PS I also suppose, this is the best time for you to rank up your recruit rank. lol. Grats! :D
    Edited by me_ming on April 19, 2019 11:11AM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you honestly think any PvPer ever goes to a neutral towns because they want to PvP? They don’t wants competitive fights, they want a slaughter of players who they know aren’t geared for the content, regardless of them posing exactly zero threat to the competitive aspect of Cyrodiil.

Bruma, Vlastrarus, Cropsford, you can explain defending the towns to cap them, during it out in the town and fighting off PvEers before they even reach town. But to sit in the quest room with 5+ people solely to kill anyone while they’re still loading in? How are you going to try and explain that as anything other than griefing?

AP is AP. If they can't get into the town because 5 people are camping it, they should get a group together and overpower the campers.

^^^ Typical mentality of someone who was so insecure of their skills and selves, they have to bully someone to feel good about themselves.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it nice during these events when there's a truce? Sure, it's lovely. I enjoy the chance to smash through loads of boxes without interruption.

Can, and should you, be mad if not everyone sees it like that? No, it's PvP after all.

I do wonder why PvP players go into other campaigns just to stomp pve players though. Kinda sad. If it's the main campaign and you come across them then it's war. Going to a dead campaign to kill questers though....
    Edited by Brrrofski on April 19, 2019 11:25AM
  • DonRavello
    DonRavello
    ✭✭✭
    I like such events. I revive my stamblade, equip the battlegrounds gear and adjust my skills and CP.

And then I put on a hilarious outfit, pick my most shiny mount and an obvious PvE title like "Master Crafter" or similar. I start doing the quests and don't need to wait long for PvE-attacking cowards to pick me from all the fellow questers for their sad game.

Not always, but quite often they lie dead shortly after. These are the moments when I feel good. Of course I will not tbag them. That has never been my style.

If I die, so what? I may have saved some fellow questers.

PvE-attacking cowards beware of this sight! :smiley:

Beware.jpg
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    You keep doing those mental gymnastics kid, everyone still knows griefing when they see it

How's your Grand Overlord title coming along?

Pretty well, since those titles are really a matter of time spent rather than skill involved

I prefer BGs though, because I’d much rather play a semi-even fight than ride in a zerg swarm or spend my time squatting on events griefing players who are exerting zero influence over the campaign’s competitive aspects :)

Ahh yes, those high MMR BGs with nothing but Sorcs and permafrost spamming Wardens. Wonderfully competitive and skillful!

I find more skillful fights happen in open world since I tend to run solo most of the time. At one time I was a pleb and died nearly instantly to nightblade gankers. Nowadays I can't even remember the last time I got killed by one. I fought one today that paused for a few seconds in bewilderment after he did his opening combo, perplexed as to why I didn't die. He had nothing else to do but try to stealth away, which didn't work out well on his part.

Instead of whining about personal PvP inadequacies and perceived injustices, get good and fight back.

• ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    me_ming wrote: »

Oh shut the *** up. You know as well as I do people aren’t PvPing, in this case, for the sake of PvP. They’re building the trolliest groups they can for the purpose of being ***. And I’ve been PvPing almost exclusively for three years. It doesn’t bother me. I can kill most people who try to kill me, often a few at a time, don’t give a *** about reward boxes really. I don’t even have time to participate much this week, but I’ve seen it in years passed . People go out of their way to be a pain in the ass during an event precisely because they know they can, that’s not PvP that’s just people who suck in general. I’d bet 90% of them aren’t even good and are taking this opportunity to feel like big shots. Although I will say I’ve enjoyed responding to a couple of calls for help. Last PvP event I went up and obliterated this magblade camping Bruma and bagged him lol. Man did they get salty lmao. That’s the kind of person who does this, one who can dish it out but can’t take ***.

Lol. It's kinda pathetic for a PvPer to bully a PvE-er, don't you think? They're not within your level. Probably not even geared/spec'd for PvP. Wearing divines (at the very least), and using PvE skills, with PvE CP allocation and mundus. They obviously don't stand a chance.

I suppose when you are a terrible PvP-er, and you enjoy this sort of behavior that's the only time you get significant number of AP. I suppose, events like this when PvE players have to go to "your world" is the only time you are able to kill anyone in this game. I suppose when you are matched with someone who was equipped for PvP, you can't even get someone down to 80% of their health. It's sad really, because actual PvP players don't tolerate this behavior. They have better things to do than try to "prove" to themselves that they are PvP players, by killing PvE players. lol.

PS I also suppose, this is the best time for you to rank up your recruit rank. lol. Grats! :D

I don't gank people and I never said I did. However, when you enter a PvP area you'd better expect to get killed. A lot. Stop whining.

And thanks for the grats on my recruit rank! The servers are down right now so I can't check on the exact date, but it was back in 2014 :D
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not blaming ZOS? A small invisible dome around PvP quest giver should be neutral by default. No weapons and abilities should work there. Teach bad people the right manners, if they are unable to take a hint themself.
    Let us have enough time to read the quest or to turn in without anyone waiting for an easy kill from behind.
    Edited by Gargath on April 19, 2019 12:00PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't gank people and I never said I did. However, when you enter a PvP area you'd better expect to get killed. A lot. Stop whining.

And thanks for the grats on my recruit rank! The servers are down right now so I can't check on the exact date, but it was back in 2014 :D

The servers have been up for while now. I just logged off.

Never said you ganked people. But for someone who is so persistent killing PvE players, says a lot of your skill "level". Must be finally nice to actually kill someone, even though they don't stand a chance. it's like stealing candy from a baby, right? Honestly, though it's both hilarious and sad that bad PvP players find it cool to kill defenseless PvE players. Here's a tip: git gud!

I know how PvP works. Been there a lot of times, thank you very much. Which is why I know you're still a recruit since 2014. rofl. But I am pretty sure you just got it today when you killed PvE-ers. :D And I hope you felt better now that you've finally ranked up.
    Edited by me_ming on April 19, 2019 11:55AM

• ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭

I know how PvP works. Been there a lot of times, thank you very much. Which is why I know you're still a recruit since 2014. rofl. But I am pretty sure you just got it today when you killed PvE-ers. :D And I hope you felt better now that you've finally ranked up.

Wonderful! I'm always pleased to meet knowledgeable and skillful PvPers. Feel free to message me any time you want to duel :wink:
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful! I'm always pleased to meet knowledgeable and skillful PvPers. Feel free to message me any time you want to duel :wink:

That's the difference between you and I. I don't need to prove anything to you. And I don't need to kill PvE players just to glorify myself. :D But I am glad to know that your ego has been boosted with this event. Cheers, mate!
    Edited by me_ming on April 19, 2019 12:00PM

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DonRavello wrote: »
    I like such events. I revive my stamblade, equip the battlegrounds gear and adjust my skills and CP.

And then I put on a hilarious outfit, pick my most shiny mount and an obvious PvE title like "Master Crafter" or similar. I start doing the quests and don't need to wait long for PvE-attacking cowards to pick me from all the fellow questers for their sad game.

Not always, but quite often they lie dead shortly after. These are the moments when I feel good. Of course I will not tbag them. That has never been my style.

If I die, so what? I may have saved some fellow questers.

PvE-attacking cowards beware of this sight! :smiley:

Beware.jpg

Keep being awesome!

source.gif
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4/NA
    We had a lot of "that camping inside quest buildings" going on.

I was on my magsorc and got ganked entering a building doing quest. Well guess what, I'm a ganker too....with quite a few ganker friends. So we all decides to gank the gankers. So we basically followed them around the map killing them off. We'd see a call in chat and race to that town. We'd send the 2 unkillable tanks into the building in question to draw the first barrage, then me and the sorcs rush in and drop 3 negates over the whole area, followed by the bombers and brawlers. Then we'd tea bag them as well. It...was....glorious. This went on for hours. We even started getting hate whispers from the gankers.
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭

That's the difference between you and I. I don't need to prove anything to you. And I don't need to kill PvE players just to glorify myself. :D But I am glad to know that your ego has been boosted with this event. Cheers, mate!

Oh I see. Not even a recruit yet. :neutral: Don't worry, one day you'll be off the pacifier. Keep the faith!
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Made a 68k tick farming questers in vlas ☺️
    Absolutely love this aspect of the event because of the hate mail and so much AP for killing the kids
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@me_ming the fact you've spent this much time arguing with the guy tells me you have plenty to prove
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did you not read the part where I said it wasn't that aspect that bothered me...or did you just want to say that to sound like a ponce?

Replying with a derogatory slur. How elevated of you.

What was your original comment if not derogatory? You weren't exactly adding to the debate, were you mate ?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I see. Not even a recruit yet. :neutral: Don't worry, one day you'll be off the pacifier. Keep the faith!

That’s a deep hole you’re digging...

deeperdigging.gif?resize=480%2C350&ssl=1
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when some pvper joins undaunted or trials dungeon group next week (and we will all see them), for easy carries for event boxes, just kick from group. They are usually pretty identifiable by the skills they are using, especially the snipe spammers. Lol.
  • green_villain
    green_villain
    ✭✭✭
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »

@me_ming the fact you've spent this much time arguing with the guy tells me you have plenty to prove

sure bud. whatever suits your ego :D have fun, killing people who are no better than you in PvP.