The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The good, the bad, and the ugly: Tharn event PVP

• Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    😂😂
    its funny ppl debating these things
    so i am gonna laugh at these threads
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    After my little temper tantrum last night I think I'll remain neutral on this topic, yeek-
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange how the PvP'ers prevent the questers from doing dailies and then complain about paying 50K for a Tharn Style page :)
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP, but wanted to add two points in defence of PVPers.

1. Those who are waiting for others at quest hubs are the “PVPers” who can’t go up against other PVPers without the comfort blanket of a Zerg. They are not serious players. The serious players are taking keeps, defending territory, and battling other groups as the game intends. I guess most or all of these so-called players are just the scumbags that no-one really wants to group with. They do not represent the PVP community, most of whom have far better things to do with their time than gank easy targets. I’ve been in several groups and we have actively avoid quest hubs for this very reason.

2. We have to place some blame with ZoS. They keep throwing PVE content into PVP zones - it’ll never end well. They should stop doing it.

So, I agree it’s childish and troll-like behaviour, but don’t blame the true PVP community please. Like everything in life, just blame the idiots.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've found some wonderful people doing this events. Was in Vlas yesterday on my main achievement hunter (EP) because she hadn't finished those quests yet for the achievement and I figured now was perfect time to do it. Was owned by AD at the time. An AD player saw me, multiple times, and let me pass while guarding his flags. Once when I aggroed the guards and moved out of range, he followed me to see if I would try to flip and when I didn't he moved back. Another AD nightblade attacked from stealth as I was sneaking towards the exterior quest giver but when I blocked and backed up and vigored rather than fight back, he pulled off and went to guarding the town.

Then there was the AD that was playing the lute for everyone turning in quests in Cheydinhal. I pulled out my flute and we had a music duo for a bit.

On the opposite side of the coin, there were quite a few people camping interior doors with meatbags. One particular duo in DC was camping Bruma quester - high ranking PvPers who were incredibly tanky even when a group of us went in together. They weren't taking the flags so EP could still rez there, but couldn't get in to turn in any quests anyway. One of them had a name deliberately poking at others' skill when his "skill" was literally just standing inside a door and killing people who didn't even have time to react. During this, there was also on EP who was...teabagging his own team? I dunno what he was doing besides bouncing and teabagging but, okay man. You do you if it makes you feel good. :eyeroll:

I have noticed a couple low level PvE players that still have that kneejerk "it's the wrong color!" reaction and attack anything because there were some EP that attacked a peaceful DC guy. A group of EP formed a shield wall between the attacker and quester and the lowbie realized and left him alone.

That said, I am perfectly happy to PvP as well. If I'm in a group questing and another group rolls in to attempt to take a town, I'll defend. I'll help capture keeps. I don't mind the PvP aspect of PvP, at all and I understand it's going to happen. I just don't care for the behavior of the few quest campers who'd rather grief than attempt to partake in the competitive aspect of PvP.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on the player, obviously. I was at bruma and DC and ep running around doing quests. Crops was a few ad trying to farm questers.

The fun part, as a pvper, is defending these towns from gankers and spoiling their fun if possible.

I also enjoy to see the pve players team up and kill a ganker. Like water buffalo trampling a lion. Hopefully some of you come to enjoy pvp and visit cyro more often.

Good luck in you quests!
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!

Oh shut the *** up. You know as well as I do people aren’t PvPing, in this case, for the sake of PvP. They’re building the trolliest groups they can for the purpose of being ***. And I’ve been PvPing almost exclusively for three years. It doesn’t bother me. I can kill most people who try to kill me, often a few at a time, don’t give a *** about reward boxes really. I don’t even have time to participate much this week, but I’ve seen it in years passed . People go out of their way to be a pain in the ass during an event precisely because they know they can, that’s not PvP that’s just people who suck in general. I’d bet 90% of them aren’t even good and are taking this opportunity to feel like big shots. Although I will say I’ve enjoyed responding to a couple of calls for help. Last PvP event I went up and obliterated this magblade camping Bruma and bagged him lol. Man did they get salty lmao. That’s the kind of person who does this, one who can dish it out but can’t take ***.

PvEers are easy targets. They have no PvP gear and no PvP experience.

They're in our world now.

But not for long, and likely not to return.

There are 52 weeks in a year. This 1 week and the 2ish for mid year are when pve people have an incentive to travel all over the cyrodiil map.

The weeks after the event is over, that incentive is gone. The only thing to draw us back is if we had fun during the event.

If you screw us over and take a smelly dump on our fun during the 3 weeks of an event, we have jack squat motivation to go to cyrodiil during the other 48 weeks of the year.

Xbox NA
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always found tbagging distasteful, and I have left groups when seeing people do it.
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?

It's your turn next week. Don't talk too soon

Scripted fights are honestly easy AF lol. I remember going in vMA in my pvp gear just to prove some PvE care bears that their content is literally just..scripted fights
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also off this, I made 1 Mil ap solo yesterday in about 4 hours. :) loving the event.
  • Amanuensis
    Amanuensis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?

Scripted fights are honestly easy AF lol. I remember going in vMA in my pvp gear just to prove some PvE care bears that their content is literally just..scripted fights

No, you didn't, lmfao.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Do you honestly think any PvPer ever goes to a neutral towns because they want to PvP?

Yes, that's exactly what smallscalers do every day - and actually they just camp there during primetime. On top of that, groups of 14-24 ppl take the villages (and kill everybody in them) in preparation to attack the connected enemy keeps. And run back to defend it if any player of another alliance shows up. Its basic PVP standard routine.

Sorry to destroy your illusion, but the villages are no neutral territory in Cyrodiil.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good

EP is protecting it's towns on shor for it's questers. We have ganker killers. When faction locks go live. I might have to go EP.

😂 Some zone chat quotes

"Ganker come back"

"Ganker where are you!"

"Where the ganker at?"
    Edited by Tasear on April 20, 2019 2:58PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    The good

EP is protecting it's towns on short for it's questers. We have ganker killers. When faction locks go live. I might have to go EP.

Sure, EP is killing everything moving at Shor right now. Protectors. Pff...
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    The good

EP is protecting it's towns on short for it's questers. We have ganker killers. When faction locks go live. I might have to go EP.

Sure, EP is killing everything moving at Shor right now. Protectors. Pff...
    Thanks for lumping everyone in that faction in one group labeled as “bad”. Smh.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!

Oh shut the *** up. You know as well as I do people aren’t PvPing, in this case, for the sake of PvP. They’re building the trolliest groups they can for the purpose of being ***. And I’ve been PvPing almost exclusively for three years. It doesn’t bother me. I can kill most people who try to kill me, often a few at a time, don’t give a *** about reward boxes really. I don’t even have time to participate much this week, but I’ve seen it in years passed . People go out of their way to be a pain in the ass during an event precisely because they know they can, that’s not PvP that’s just people who suck in general. I’d bet 90% of them aren’t even good and are taking this opportunity to feel like big shots. Although I will say I’ve enjoyed responding to a couple of calls for help. Last PvP event I went up and obliterated this magblade camping Bruma and bagged him lol. Man did they get salty lmao. That’s the kind of person who does this, one who can dish it out but can’t take ***.

PvEers are easy targets. They have no PvP gear and no PvP experience.

They're in our world now.

But not for long, and likely not to return.

There are 52 weeks in a year. This 1 week and the 2ish for mid year are when pve people have an incentive to travel all over the cyrodiil map.

The weeks after the event is over, that incentive is gone. The only thing to draw us back is if we had fun during the event.

If you screw us over and take a smelly dump on our fun during the 3 weeks of an event, we have jack squat motivation to go to cyrodiil during the other 48 weeks of the year.
    Honestly: this. Plus all the negativity on the forums is not making it any better, and doesn’t make me want to step foot in Cyrodiil.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw something a bit worse in cropsford yesterday in vivec.

There is one quest giver that you need to go into a building for. 4 blues decided to go inside and kill everyone and then just waited in there and then every-time someone had to door load they would stunlock them every single time because their character loads in before they actually see it on screen. Nobody could turn in the quests while they were camping in there.

I dont care about people "PvPing" but when you're doing something like that just to be a jerk its just sad. "oh hurrr durrrr its funny we get to obliterate PvErs who dont know how to play PvP because we're trash at PvP ourselves we get to feel good about ourselves yay!"

Theres nothing more sad than a Prefect - GO that is literally just camping PvErs because of an event and even abusing the door load to farm them. Its honestly pathetic. Garbage players.

Note: I am a PvPer myself I rarely PvE anymore, but doing this ... yeah its killing other player sure but the mechanics abused to do that was just sad. If they at least fought openly I wouldn't care but the fact they camped that building and abuse the door as much as they could was just pathetic.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on April 20, 2019 2:53PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the most part, this event is completely un-doable. I'm not spending 2 hours to get one box because my faction is currently the underdog. And wait until next year when it's faction locked. OH BOY!

At this point, I've just given up even trying.

WORSE.... EVENT.... EVER!
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    For the most part, this event is completely un-doable. I'm not spending 2 hours to get one box because my faction is currently the underdog. And wait until next year when it's faction locked. OH BOY!

At this point, I've just given up even trying.

WORSE.... EVENT.... EVER!

Well, I had to use my EP alts since I couldn't run/crouch through their dumb zerg groups that occupied 2 out of 3 towns.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always adopt the mindset of not attacking unless attacked.

i'll have you know i hurt myself facepalming and rofling at the same time. thanks.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh shut the *** up. You know as well as I do people aren’t PvPing, in this case, for the sake of PvP. They’re building the trolliest groups they can for the purpose of being ***.

because....other people are coming into the game area reserved for specific gameplay that they are not interested in, disrupting that gameplay, and then squonking about how they are being force to participate in that gameplay. Talk about trolling.

PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amanuensis wrote: »

No, you didn't, lmfao.

I went to vMA on a hybrid templar in the exact same gear I use in PvP just to see how far I'd get. Stopped on Argonian stage, but it will be beaten! Well, if I use my cellphone since its terrible with the lag and RNG...Server too laggy during the event to attempt it.
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love PVP, but I hate when people are clearly doing PVE content in a PVP zone and people attack them.

For hours today, I was a yellow in blue owned PVP cities, and we were co-existing without issues. Every once in a while a random blue would attack me, I'd block for a solid 30 seconds before eventually I'd turn around and kill them, and then I'd go back to co-existing without issue. Eventually though I ran into a group of blues that started attacking me en masse for no reason. Finally, after a red and blue attacked me together, I called that campaign quits and switched to a new one. I just got tired of it.

I love PVP, but if I'm clearly doing the PVE quests, kindly shove off and leave me alone. I'll give the same kindness to all other questers. I have zero interest in fighting you when I'm collecting produce sacks.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Chibirobo
    Chibirobo
    Soul Shriven
    Can I ask why are you letting it bother you? I got the same treatment, went questing meet some nice people. Then got destroyed in a matter of seconds by a group. I got tbagged but just laughed it off and said there it is. All these posts have just been fueling everyone to do it.
  • Grollok76
    Grollok76
    ✭✭✭✭

Scripted fights are honestly easy AF lol.

It sure is a lot harder to kill PvE-players that just hold block to show they are not there to fight, right? RIGHT?

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always adopt the mindset of not attacking unless attacked.

i'll have you know i hurt myself facepalming and rofling at the same time. thanks.

You know I meant only during the event, right? Normal pvp is a horse of a different color.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Catulo wrote: »
    StShoot wrote: »
    Also did you ever met a group of those "peacefull" questers (Maybe when you tried to do a quest ?) they are more agressiv than the greatest tryhard ganker

I certainly can't speak for everybody; all I can say is that I'm not aggressive, don't attack anybody and just want to do the dailies fast so I can go back to work.

Furthermore, I highly doubt that many questers attack PvPler. Some of them might do it in panic and even those shouldn't be a big deal for the PvPler.

I was solo dorking around and 6 of them attacked me. They must have ALL been wearing divines. They must’ve never been LEAPED in a dungeon before. I 1v6ed em. Straight up.

I had my General title on as in “Leave me the f alone if you a squish!” Lol. They HAD to be PvEers. They melted a lil too easy. But 6v1 they felt “tough” I guess. I unno.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on April 20, 2019 10:20PM
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO promotes a divisive event as a celebration. The irony of it all.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s only divisive if you can’t do it and cry about it. No one who actually knows how to PvP and builds for it minds doing Cyro daily quests at all.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s only divisive if you can’t do it and cry about it. No one who actually knows how to PvP and builds for it minds doing Cyro daily quests at all.

I don’t mind the quests, it was just the unsportsmanlike conduct. I’ve been pvping for a very long time.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!