Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 22 Combat Direction

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexoop wrote: »
    Leave DK wings reflect alone. MagDKs are already forced into melee range to use skills of any significance. And we still have no execute except Leap which is an ulti. Wings reflect is one of the skills that makes a DK playable and interesting. It isn’t a high DD class. It functions best in places where you can get right in the action and help your team. Wings reflect is huge in keeping you where you need to be. If you’re looking for redundant skills, getting rid of the magic reflection ability of Hardened/Volatile Armor would be a better compromise. The amount returned is minuscule anyways.

All of that could be true, but you're not addressing the reason why wings are being changed in the first place: they completely shut down entire classes! If they only reflected ONE projectile per cast like that S&B skill, it would be tolerable, but the way it works now makes playing a mag sorc against a DK really tiresome. You can't stun them with Reach or hit them with Frags and all the other Sorc abilities (except pets) are really weak. Then you start running a pet build to build pressure, but when you come to the forums everyone is complaining about pets and begging for pet nerfs, LOL.

tiresome =/= shutdown entire class.

i agree it can be tiresome, which is the whole point of the skill.

but it doesn't turn DK invincible.

but hey, don't look at me, i don't even slot wings in PvP...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Cleave: (Reworked this ability and its morphs) Damage increased by 50%, but removed the bleed from this base ability completely.
      • Carve: Retains the bleed; bleed damage increased by 25%. No longer grants Minor Heroism.
      • Brawler: Removed the bleed from this ability. Increased the Shield granted from this morph by 100% at base, but reduced the bonus scaling per target hit from 100% to 50%. This means at base this ability will be 100% stronger than before, and will be ~14% stronger than previously if you get the maximum bonus.

this is so tasty with the Master 2H I just got from vDSA the other night........
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • alexoop
    alexoop
    ✭✭
    tiresome =/= shutdown entire class.

i agree it can be tiresome, which is the whole point of the skill.

but it doesn't turn DK invincible.

but hey, don't look at me, i don't even slot wings in PvP...[/quote]

Agreed, my MagDK dies plenty. I don’t think There is one overpowering class in this game, particularly in PVP. Every class has skills to which others are vulnerable. And Wings isn’t cheap and has a fairly short duration which means I need to keep flapping or I get conked in the head with crystal frags lol I also know the pain of getting flattened by my own Stone Giant when an enemy DK reflects it. It just means I need to use different tactics to defeat him. For those who say DK is OP, stand in a Negate and try to flap. And there’s tons of crap that Wings doesn’t block either.
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my lord, finally took care of NB's. I kinda find it strange how you give the most damaging class in the game a super hard heal (relentless focus). I think it is too much. Maybe balance that with a few seconds less duration in cloak? That sounds fair. I mean, all NB's already run mark right? so they don't need that in their spammable. Agreed. Also NB's can group with a warden or a Necro and get fracture that way. Sounds good. No class should be able to solo in this game. Soloing is for cheaters. :)
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legendry wrote: »
    Oh my lord, finally took care of NB's. I kinda find it strange how you give the most damaging class in the game a super hard heal (relentless focus). I think it is too much. Maybe balance that with a few seconds less duration in cloak? That sounds fair. I mean, all NB's already run mark right? so they don't need that in their spammable. Agreed. Also NB's can group with a warden or a Necro and get fracture that way. Sounds good. No class should be able to solo in this game. Soloing is for cheaters. :)
    Wtf what about the players that just like to play alone and you can solo on any class if you good and use to playing solo
    L2p buddy 😂
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 15, 2019 9:29PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not like these changes to nb our survive ability already weak compared to other classes and your nerfing our damage which is what nb suppose to be good at on top of tht the dubious camoron drink why nerf tht to I’m going to say here I’m very salty about this mainly because I love eso i been playing since console release and nb all I play it will suck update 22 so as it stands in update 22 if these changes go live im going to end my subscription and quit eso I’m solo player I prefer playing solo I refuse to be weak nb fine as it is every class is strong in the right hands nb survive ability made up for in damage 😢
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 16, 2019 1:37AM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your direction is just to nerf.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Who doesn't think that major fracture is going to be ripped from surprise attack, a very useful skill for pve dps and kept in mark target, a niche skill that is in nearly no one's rotation?

Nailed it.

• bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the channel time for this ability and its morphs from to 1 seconds from 1.1 seconds. Praise the sun for whole numbers!
    First of all ....YES!!! \[T]/
    Second: Who did this lol?!
  • highnds
    highnds
    ✭✭✭
    suprise atack should lose major fracture. This should not have been there at all. pve damage is no diff, cause tanks have major fracture anyway. Any class that wants major fracture/breech have to slot a skill that does only the debuff and no or little damage. Stam NB only have major fracture in their spamable also their spammable proc major ward and major resolve, against any other class that have to slot a diff skill to get those buffs.
    so remove major fracture from sNB spammable it s only logical choice to do. Ofc cyro having 70%+ sNB will qq to see their class nerfed, and dont even want to consider it s masively overperforming. Magicka NB dont get major breech from their spammable.

another stuff to balance to NB in general is Incap which is by far de most unbalanced ulti in this game. Cost only 72 ulti, does a lot of damage, debuffs with major defile, stuns and give the NB 20% more damage for 6 sec. I mean it s *** perfect. There is no other ulti with such many utility. I propose to keep the damage as it is but to remove major defile from it as the debuff is really strong paired with NB increase damage after casting the ultimate.

also I dont consider removing of minor berserk from NB a good move. the class identity kinda needs it and this method of nerfing NB damage will affect mag NB even more in pvp, basicly a masive 8% nerf to all their damage. Even though this nerf is not bad for stam NB, it will affect mag NB a lot. So I think keeping minor berserk for NB would be the best option to go. NB damage does no have to be nerfed, NB utility needs to get reworked with power debuffs such as defile and fracture.

the entire NB class seems to favor stam NB. Mag NB dont get major ward and major resolve and major breech just from using the class range spammable. Mag NB all atacks are projectiles so they gets so easy coun tered by dks. the idea of using concealed weapon on a mag Nb is a joke and a nerf, cause identity will be lost and they wont get the heal from swallow soul.
    imo this should be adressed first, maybe make the mag NB spammable not a projectile and give mag NB same insane utlity as sNB have, or better remove those. for a class that have minor berserk build in their arsenal to get so easy defile and fracture is basicly ez mode compared to other classes that dont have berserk, that needs to slot a ability that do only defile and so on

I think you forgot about path of darkness for mNB, that procs the major ward passive.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough... cough

Hope you guys look at buff with empowered ward that under-performing compared to warden skill with exact same buff but also a heal and stamina regain to allies. It doesn't live up to it's name as Empowered Ward.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Errr... Empowered Ward is not a buff. It is a damage shield that has a buff as a bonus effect.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I know there has been an excess of requests flooding the forums, but is there any chance of having a Magic-based Weapon Skill Line in the future that is geared toward Melee-ranged Magicka builds?

There are many builds that spec on "Magic Damage", not just elemental damage types but the only viable Weapon skill lines is Destruction Staff (Fire, Shock, Ice) or Restoration Staff (Magic base damage, but not offensive).

Brief example - If I spec a Magicka NB with War Maiden, I would like to be able to play melee range where LA and HA count towards two things: 1) LA/HA damage scales with "Magic Damage" that set 5pc bonus provides and 2) Weapon Skills have a base damage type of "Magic".
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I know there has been an excess of requests flooding the forums, but is there any chance of having a Magic-based Weapon Skill Line in the future that is geared toward Melee-ranged Magicka builds?

There are many builds that spec on "Magic Damage", not just elemental damage types but the only viable Weapon skill lines is Destruction Staff (Fire, Shock, Ice) or Restoration Staff (Magic base damage, but not offensive).

Brief example - If I spec a Magicka NB with War Maiden, I would like to be able to play melee range where LA and HA count towards two things: 1) LA/HA damage scales with "Magic Damage" that set 5pc bonus provides and 2) Weapon Skills have a base damage type of "Magic".
    This would be nice my magblade always melee I’d love it for melee weapons to scale of magic and stamina and so would mag dk I expect
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This would be nice my magblade always melee I’d love it for melee weapons to scale of magic and stamina and so would mag dk I expect

IMO the two classes that would benefit most from this is Templar and mNb. Then Sorc. magdk still benefits from flame destro, but a magic based melee weapon skill line would be a nice welcome to ESO gameplay.

The problem right now is that with Class skills being standardized as Magicka and ZOS's direction of LA and HA focus doesnt benefit those melee range skills or playstyle.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, even just changing the Psijic Imbue Weapon skill to temporarily convert stamina weapon abilities to Magic damage scaling off magicka and spell power would be awesome.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, even just changing the Psijic Imbue Weapon skill to temporarily convert stamina weapon abilities to Magic damage scaling off magicka and spell power would be awesome.
    Completely agree
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Cloak needs to stay as is.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade needs a better heal something thy can use with cloak like just like stamblade vigor
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 18, 2019 9:23AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps make malevolent offering a burst heal because atm its a useless skill tht no one uses
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legendry wrote: »

I think you just lost all relevance to say anything more in this thread or about Nightblades at all from your comments above concerning Mark alone.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Somehow I'm not feeling overly excited about these so-called balance changes. I'm envisioning a lot of nerfs with little not no buffs.

Quick pole. Who doesn't think that major fracture is going to be ripped from surprise attack, a very useful skill for pve dps and kept in mark target, a niche skill that is in nearly no one's rotation?

Anyone? Anyone?

That doesn't mean that mark target will become any more useful and people will magically start using it. It means that the rotation will remain the same and the class will become weaker.

I sure hope I'm wrong :(

Pve wise, if you are in a group, tank provide magor fracture. If solo, you don't typical run with the same set up unless you're asking to die, thus, bars changes are common when shifting from solo and group play, i don't see how how slotting mark would affect you that way, because you won't use it in group play but only in solo. Pvp wise, I don't think it is fair to stand right in front of player while cloaked and tring to buff up to hit them with an already high dmg skill to give them fracture as well. Mark is more balanced as it is as when you use it the target will know you are targeting him. Just to be fair. You can alway use mother gaze like stam sorcs, it will still give you major fracure as well.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    highnds wrote: »
    suprise atack should lose major fracture. This should not have been there at all. pve damage is no diff, cause tanks have major fracture anyway. Any class that wants major fracture/breech have to slot a skill that does only the debuff and no or little damage. Stam NB only have major fracture in their spamable also their spammable proc major ward and major resolve, against any other class that have to slot a diff skill to get those buffs.
    so remove major fracture from sNB spammable it s only logical choice to do. Ofc cyro having 70%+ sNB will qq to see their class nerfed, and dont even want to consider it s masively overperforming. Magicka NB dont get major breech from their spammable.

another stuff to balance to NB in general is Incap which is by far de most unbalanced ulti in this game. Cost only 72 ulti, does a lot of damage, debuffs with major defile, stuns and give the NB 20% more damage for 6 sec. I mean it s *** perfect. There is no other ulti with such many utility. I propose to keep the damage as it is but to remove major defile from it as the debuff is really strong paired with NB increase damage after casting the ultimate.

also I dont consider removing of minor berserk from NB a good move. the class identity kinda needs it and this method of nerfing NB damage will affect mag NB even more in pvp, basicly a masive 8% nerf to all their damage. Even though this nerf is not bad for stam NB, it will affect mag NB a lot. So I think keeping minor berserk for NB would be the best option to go. NB damage does no have to be nerfed, NB utility needs to get reworked with power debuffs such as defile and fracture.

the entire NB class seems to favor stam NB. Mag NB dont get major ward and major resolve and major breech just from using the class range spammable. Mag NB all atacks are projectiles so they gets so easy coun tered by dks. the idea of using concealed weapon on a mag Nb is a joke and a nerf, cause identity will be lost and they wont get the heal from swallow soul.
    imo this should be adressed first, maybe make the mag NB spammable not a projectile and give mag NB same insane utlity as sNB have, or better remove those. for a class that have minor berserk build in their arsenal to get so easy defile and fracture is basicly ez mode compared to other classes that dont have berserk, that needs to slot a ability that do only defile and so on

I think you forgot about path of darkness for mNB, that procs the major ward passive.

You don't spam path of darkness every second, do you? I understand if you spam ut for major expidition to get to points, but no person in there mind would the skill for wards and resolve. Yiu use during fights aleast once every9-10 secs, which is different than surpise attack that is being used every second give 100% uptine on ward, resolve, farcure on live server. While path of darkness about 60% or less. In both pvp and pve
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps make malevolent offering a burst heal because atm its a useless skill tht no one uses

I agree, i think it is the only skill in the game that can kill you if you spam it. Reduced cost or minor mending a not worth it as now you have to be worrued about your self not dying of your own skill. I think someone was trolling when yhey made this skill
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so no real combat changes.

fair enough.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Reistoph
    Reistoph
    ✭✭
    How about introduce to us a new weapon skill line? The DPS will always been either DW/Bow or Staves, and we need more varieties of it. Weapons such as:

- Longsword (smaller version of 2H, but crit as passive bonus)
    - One Handed and Focus (a spellsword class, as it is pretty everyone build in every Elder Scrolls build)
    - Fist (Unimportant, but will make a fine addition)
    - Spears (I mean, this weapon makes farmers a warrior instantly, and it's been used in almost any medieval battles)

At the very least, please consider the Longsword...
  • ElectricWyzzard
    This sounded promising and now it just seems like “balancing” means making everything the same to them (damage wise, survivability wise etc). Class identity is being lost.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the "new approach" simply meant more nerfs... :disappointed:
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the "new approach" simply meant more nerfs... :disappointed:

I think it's more of a "we have to undo some of these wrobel things before any new major content next year" than "nerf".
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see this pinned post I die a little inside. Empty promises and broken dreams Zos :'(

You failed to deliver with all your class balance promises and you're failing here too.
This discussion has been closed.