Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PC-EU Server Update - April 11

• ahrimar
    ahrimar
    ✭✭✭
    This will continue 2 weeks. May be 1 month. we cant play the game for 1month. Zenimax didnt do anything up to their asses begin to burning. They burn us too. Why fools still works, i wonder...
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    Have to wait 23 minutes before I can play. So I guess som manager is looking at himself in the mirror and realizing he should resign because of incompetence
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    I had over 23 minutes queue, I consider this unplayable... I do not know how to state this, but It is at least very unlucky and uninviting to the returninga and new players.
    I hope this queue ends soon or the game will lose players who cannot play.
    Edited by Enokariel on April 14, 2019 8:12PM
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    Your queue system is as broken as your game.
  • gimarwb17_ESO
    gimarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am NA. I was able to log in a few days ago but now it gives me Error 102 and tells me "unable to find Patch data, invalid Metafile.

I am via Steam.

So seems ESO have basically stuffed up the game and telling us that 'suddenly so many people want to play ESO" = gimme a break!!!

I have purchased ALL of the Elder Scroll games over many years and now you throw it back at me? This is a total disgrace. I asked Steam for a refund but they'll only give me $78 dollars refund and it is not worth it because I spent about at least $600 on this game.

So Bethesda, Thanks a lot for nothing. I think you are dishonest and cheat the players!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21 minutes as I post this.
    As an bare minimum, ESO+ should get credited the time this is on. so if it last 14 days we get 14 days added to ESO+ duration.
    Only apply to player with eso+ running before we got the login queues.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enokariel wrote: »
    I had over 23 minutes queue, I consider this unplayable... I do not know how to state this, but It is at least very unlucky and uninviting to the returninga and new players.
    I hope this queue ends soon or the game will loose players who cannot play.
    This, it was easy predictable with the huge event coming up they know people would play far more.

More fun next week will be Cyrodil, followed by undaunted yes that will work well.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Bartu
    Bartu
    Soul Shriven
    So much anger in this thread. I get the frustration that everybody has, I'm also frustrated at the queue times, however I've never had an issue with the queue getting stuck, at least on PC - EU. I think it may come down to connectivity problems - maybe when the connection drops for a moment, the player is kicked out of the queue. (It's just an idea, I've not had issues since I've started using wired connection)

It needs to be understood that changes don't happen overnight, however. I think the increase in player count can be tied to the amount of players migrating from WoW - like me - and also the hype surrounding Elsweyr.

I personally don't think mean comments at ZOS is going to achieve anything, it really seems like they're trying to improve the situation and it'd not be in the interest of ANY company to treat their customers bad and potentially lose income. If there was a way to handle it without the queue, they'd probably do it.
    PC - EU returning player
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    As an bare minimum, ESO+ should get credited the time this is on. so if it last 14 days we get 14 days added to ESO+ duration.

Yes, it's a breach of EU Consumer Rights Directive on fitness for purpose for digital content and the supplier must make a remedy, that includes a refund.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    My main issue with this isn't the queuing in itself, but that it doesn't work.. First of all, every time I've been kicked from the server the last couple of days, it's right into the queue. The 20 min grace period have NEVER work during this time.

My main issue is that the client freezes at 20 min 21 sec, or 23 min 4 sec, no matter how many times I restart the client, or tries to fix it, or whatever I try. The longest wait I had today in one queueing session was roughly four hours.. Stuck at 23:4 the whole time :'(

My ESO+ still runs untill next refresh, so I do not get what I payed for.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    You know when all is said and done the bottom line is that this is a F2P game. Consider that and the game itself as a concept and the development which goes behind it are phenomenal. You guys are way ahead when it comes to MMO as a concept. But you guys need to seriously start working smarter and more agile with you operations. The capacity planning issues identified here are pretty laughable you should have really dressed this up. The releases are introducing more and more regression every single patch and upgrade and the server performance without taking into account concurrent login capacity is a joke. The service is borderline service degradation every prime time even today after you added a cap to logins. What difference is this going to make??? Bite the bullet guys, you need to introduce a change freeze and have every Dev resource working on this latency issue. This isn’t a flame ZOS post at all because your game is amazing as I’ve said, but your poor operations and service management is getting on top of the entire user base.
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elfantasmo wrote: »
    You know when all is said and done the bottom line is that this is a F2P game. Consider that and the game itself as a concept and the development which goes behind it are phenomenal. You guys are way ahead when it comes to MMO as a concept. But you guys need to seriously start working smarter and more agile with you operations. The capacity planning issues identified here are pretty laughable you should have really dressed this up. The releases are introducing more and more regression every single patch and upgrade and the server performance without taking into account concurrent login capacity is a joke. The service is borderline service degradation every prime time even today after you added a cap to logins. What difference is this going to make??? Bite the bullet guys, you need to introduce a change freeze and have every Dev resource working on this latency issue. This isn’t a flame ZOS post at all because your game is amazing as I’ve said, but your poor operations and service management is getting on top of the entire user base.

I've always said this, ESO is a great game, managed and run by complete cretins.
  • Rakvicka
    Rakvicka
    ✭✭
    FlyingSwan wrote: »

Yes, it's a breach of EU Consumer Rights Directive on fitness for purpose for digital content and the supplier must make a remedy, that includes a refund.

Did anyone tried it? Would they refund us money or time wasted in these neverending queue times?
  • Silent84
    Silent84
    ✭✭✭

I've always said this, ESO is a great game, managed and run by complete cretins.

Damn true man! Amen!!
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bartu wrote: »
    it really seems like they're trying to improve the situation and it'd not be in the interest of ANY company to treat their customers bad and potentially lose income. If there was a way to handle it without the queue, they'd probably do it.
    one day their greed will kill them
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ESO is not, nor has ever been, Free To Play.
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakvicka wrote: »

Did anyone tried it? Would they refund us money or time wasted in these neverending queue times?

Well, ZOS refunded my sub and Elswyr within 30 minutes of me raising a ticket on this. I think they are aware of the consequences and the need to offer an appropriate remedy.

"I understand that you would like to have your ESO Plus subscription and your pre-purchase of Elsweyr refunded.
    I have gone ahead and refunded the pre-purchase for Elsweyr, the funds should be returned to the original payment method used within 5-10 business days.

In regards to your EDO Plus purchase, could you please let us know when you have logged off so that we may complete that refund process?

Thank you for your patience and understanding."

I actually didn't know I was logged on, I left the queue running so I could take a screenshot in case I ran into support issues, then took a bath, clearly the game actually did log in at some point!
    Edited by FlyingSwan on April 14, 2019 7:57PM
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this rate, login queues will be overloaded by 2020 as well and they will have to introduce queues to login queues.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard crys that the eu servers had no one on them.. now there overloaded?
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This product is not longer fit for purpose and you are now in violation of Australian consumer legislation.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This product is not longer fit for purpose and you are now in violation of Australian consumer legislation.

Good luck with that.
  • Ethyarion
    Ethyarion
    ✭✭✭

If you're in the UK you can always demand a refund by citing the unfair contracts act. Basically ESO+ is a contract, they changed the terms of access without consultation or agreement.

And no, the EULA does not waive the legal rights of the consumer.

By EU law ZoS should email every subscriber before renewal too before taking the fee.

I don't play ESO much these days but ZoS really needs to get their act together and start to respect its EU player base.
    [AD] Tariel Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Stamina Nightblade
    [AD] Ethyarion Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Templar Healtank
    [AD] Keridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK Tank
    [AD] Kerridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK
    [AD] Drachenfels Wyndrunner 1000+ cp Stamina Warden
    [AD] Drachenfels Shadowstrike 1000+ cp Stamina Sorceror
    [DC] Ethyarion 1000+cp Magika Nightblade
    [EP] Abbra Cadaver 1000+cp Magika Necromancer

PC EU Server
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Was it ever???
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was an dungeon group they would wipe on first trash in fungal 1.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can remember a time when I would have gotten angry about stuff like this.
    Except you aren't even on the PC-EU server, have not experienced the Login Queue Fiasco and are only here to troll apparently.

I play on PC EU almost every day. I have sat through the queue. I normally try to play in off hours, because it is more convenient for me and because I am just a nice person and don't want to add to the queue times. Sometimes, the only time I have available is during EU prime time.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can remember a time when I would have gotten angry about stuff like this.
    Except you aren't even on the PC-EU server, have not experienced the Login Queue Fiasco and are only here to troll apparently.

I play on PC EU almost every day. I have sat through the queue. I normally try to play in off hours, because it is more convenient for me and because I am just a nice person and don't want to add to the queue times. Sometimes, the only time I have available is during EU prime time.

Sure you do.
  • azazelnemes1sb16_ESO
    azazelnemes1sb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So in January you knew there was an issue and obviously nothing was done, seeing that we are now in April sitting in a queue.
    Surely you have well paid engineers that check these things? You do realise people are paying for a service that you're unable to provide. i just can't believe a company of this size can have so many incompetent people working for them.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fortunately my ESO+ ran out just before this queue thing. I actually did sub for a month (and did cancel immediately to avoid auto-revew) and this saved me from temptation to sub again. To me its not annoying at all, more like oddly relieving.

Now I only have to find energy to clean up my overstuffed bank.

Edited by rpa on April 14, 2019 10:53PM
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much anger in this thread. I get the frustration that everybody has, I'm also frustrated at the queue times, however I've never had an issue with the queue getting stuck, at least on PC - EU. I think it may come down to connectivity problems - maybe when the connection drops for a moment, the player is kicked out of the queue. (It's just an idea, I've not had issues since I've started using wired connection)

It needs to be understood that changes don't happen overnight, however. I think the increase in player count can be tied to the amount of players migrating from WoW - like me - and also the hype surrounding Elsweyr.

I personally don't think mean comments at ZOS is going to achieve anything, it really seems like they're trying to improve the situation and it'd not be in the interest of ANY company to treat their customers bad and potentially lose income. If there was a way to handle it without the queue, they'd probably do it.

If you have never had this then how can you understand the frustration? To say its connectivity is very naive.

Zos need criticism, their game runs terribly. How do you think we will get improvements? By saying everything si great all the time?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has not had any issues with the queue other than that its an *** queue.

The main issue is that they knew about the problem 3 months ago, did nothing even with the mega event coming up.
    its pretty obvious that the event would get more players to play lots more.

Still in their infinite incompetence they did nothing until problem become very serious and start biting them in the ass.
    Well they have found one way to solve the overpopulation problem.
This discussion has been closed.