Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PC-EU Server Update - April 11

• ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Strange business model where the solution to overcrowding is to turn away customers rather than planning to accommodate them. I’m glad I’m not a stockholder!

How would you accommodate them?
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange business model where the solution to overcrowding is to turn away customers rather than planning to accommodate them. I’m glad I’m not a stockholder!

Perhaps ZOS could introduce daily logout REWARDs for consumers who would voluntarily log out after logging in to collect their daily login REWARDs, hireling REWARDs, REWARDs from daily chores etc. The size of logout REWARD would be inversely proportional to time spent online, but amplified by ESO+ plus coefficient and temporary crown stone coefficient (obtainted by buying anything in the crown store).
    This advanced REWARD system would stimulate consumers to log in, collect all REWARDs, spend money, sub and quickly log out to make room for other consumers waiting in The Great Login Queue, instead of logging in and unproductively hanging around for hours, watching loading screens and what not. Consumers would be happy, Firor would be happy and his cherished bust of Burrhus Skinner would be happy too.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on April 16, 2019 9:24PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandrock wrote: »
    1. All users who had ESO plus or made a purchase above 20 euro's in the crown store in the past 6 months will get priority queueing.(One loyal customer is worth more than 10 new users who are just trying out the game after all

this statement is false. do you know why? because they got your money already. you won't buy white horse again for example but new users can do it 10 times and their $ for ESO+ are same as yours thus you are worthless and don't deserve privileges. I guess that's how Thier model is functioning. they lure new players rip them off while newcomers are under the wow effect and want to support "the best mmo" then throw them away by ignoring bug lags and other problems. Nothing personal just business
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have purchased more server hardware than I need well in advance for all servers, including the PvP servers. They boast of having millions of players, and many of them spend hundreds, even thousands in the crown store. So you can’t tell me they can’t afford to do so. How many millions will they lose in canceled subscriptions and players who move on to games they don’t have to wait to play?

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Perhaps ZOS could introduce daily logout REWARDs for consumers who would voluntarily log out after logging in to collect their daily login REWARDs, hireling REWARDs, REWARDs from daily chores etc. The size of logout REWARD would be inversely proportional to time spent online, but amplified by ESO+ plus coefficient and temporary crown stone coefficient (obtainted by buying anything in the crown store).
    This advanced REWARD system would stimulate consumers to log in, collect all REWARDs, spend money, sub and quickly log out to make room for other consumers waiting in The Great Login Queue, instead of logging in and unproductively hanging around for hours, watching loading screens and what not. Consumers would be happy, Firor would be happy and his cherished bust of Burrhus Skinner would be happy too.

You left out

muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 month of garbage conditions of game and something going to be happend I wonder @ZOS_MattFiror you know that if this issues like:

lag,
    spike lag,
    big latency,
    guildtrader lags,
    item buy lag,
    item cancel lag,
    battlegrounds ffffffffffffffffffffff button,
    battlegrounds not swap a player of your group bug,
    and lott more

will be accure after new server you lose many players !

So mates lets say to them what is the stadards of good quality of service in a modern 2019 game o bilion dolar company ?(imagine there where topics like crowdfunding or kick starter for ZOS new server for EU whata shame for ZOS)

So this is major needs:

latency on 40ms level max
    no spike lag
    guildtrader works like lightspeed
    item buy max 10 sec after buy should comes to email
    item cancel max 10 sec after cancel should comes to email

Do you agree with me ??

Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cążki wrote: »

So this is major needs:

no spike lag

Do you agree with me ??

so you mean ffxiv?
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    todokete wrote: »

So this is major needs:

no spike lag

Do you agree with me ??

so you mean ffxiv?

AWESOME, but yEAH mates this is gona be real ZOS is going to buy new performance server whatever but @ZOS_MattFiror is going to replace some server architecture right ?

SO YEAAAH

but w8 funy lets funy ok but for example i have 250Mbps+ network and I have 80-100ms normaly in ESO so if they change it and i will have same performance I will not buy Elsweyr and stop playing due to fact they lack of interest of EU players. So the new server must have ~40ms max.

and also look at this pool i HAve been created two months ago, which in this pool you can decide of your performance of the server feelings:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459831/pc-eu-quality-of-game-poll-only-for-eu-players/p1
    Edited by Cążki on April 16, 2019 11:12PM
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭

ESO = Euro Servers Obsolete

My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

Unicorns and cannonballs, palaces and piers
    Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears.
    Flags, rags ferryboats, scimitars and scarves
    Every precious dream and vision, underneath the stars.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riverlynn wrote: »

ESO = Euro Servers Obsolete

Let's all go to the NA server and cause them the same instabilities
  • rob_son
    rob_son
    Soul Shriven
    If the approx wait time stays still, has it crashed? It's said 8 mins for 20 mins :/
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we at least take all the bots out at prime time?
  • Beaveri
    Beaveri
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror this is not acceptable for paying customers. Can I transfer my account + characters to NA server?
    PC EU - PVP

Queen Visenya | Magicka DK
    Queen Valkyrie | Stamina DK
    Queen Nymeria | Magicka Sorcerer
    Queen Astrape | Stamina Sorcerer
    Queen Umbra | Magicka/Stamina Nightblade
    Queen Skadi | Magicka Warden
    Queen Greenseer | Stamina Warden
    Queen Marzanna | Magicka Necromancer
    Queen Kalma | Stamina Necromancer
    Queen Durga | Magicka Templar
    Queen Melisandre | Stamina Templar
    Queen Rhaenys | Stamina Templar
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I thought the group finder problems were somewhat connected to the server state as it seemed to have more probems during the time when more players were playing. Now.. we have a queue to help control how many people get in the game but!.. since yesterday the group finder is working like crap.

So I waited 15 minutes in queue to get in game, queued for a BG just to wait 30 minutes, while pressing F all the time, to join pvp. Tried to join another match and waited another 25 minutes until I got fed up with waiting.

I really hope you are trying your best to fix this, this sucks big time!

EDIT: I really hope tomorrow changes things, can't wait to be able to play normally again!
    Edited by LiraTaurwen on April 17, 2019 8:47PM
  • ZOS_MattFiror
    Everyone,

We've been working very hard on prepping additional server hardware to accommodate our burgeoning player base, especially in the EU - and I'm very happy to say that we've done it much faster than anticipated. We are wrapping up the work, and will have the additional capacity online for PC EU players before the upcoming Easter holiday weekend.

Here's how it will work:
    • We will take PC EU offline tomorrow (Thursday, April 18) morning at 12pm CEST/6am EST for maintenance to configure the megaserver to recognize the additional hardware. Stay tuned for messaging from our Social and Community teams on how long the outage will be.
    • At some point next week we will do the same for PC NA - even though we haven't had to turn on queuing for PC NA, we want to make sure additional capacity is added there as well to keep up with the growing population on that megaserver.
    Adding server capacity should alleviate load-causing server problems and enable us to raise our "concurrent" supported user number well above our nightly maximums, while also removing the queues. We are still working on overall client architecture and performance fixes, which are unrelated to this particular issue. You should see more information about our client performance progress in the coming months.

I know that this has not been an awesome couple of weeks for our EU PC players, which is why we have worked so hard to get additional capacity online as soon as possible. While having a growing player population is great, we know it’s not a good experience to have the population outgrow the current server hardware, or to have to wait in a queue to get into the game you love to play. We'll definitely keep an eye on things and will keep everyone updated as warranted.

Thanks,

Matt
    Matt Firor
    Studio Director, ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! I think you shocked the naysayers to silence. lol
  • ArranHS
    ArranHS
    Hail ZOS \o/
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Matt, hoping this takes some stress of the servers and lets us enjoy welcoming all the new players.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    great news @ZOS_MattFiror , will this also mean we can have the guild history fixed too please? desperate to hear about this
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    azKhJhB.gif
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice renewing my 6 month sub
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear, but I've been sprayed by that skunk before so I'll believe when I see it.
    Edited by Ackwalan on April 17, 2019 10:07PM
  • devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror will there be an upgrade for consoles as well at a later date?
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep all my digits crossed (and eyes too, just to be safe) that all goes well and the people in the EU server can have a great time in Tamriel when the servers go back online.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So this is major needs:

no spike lag

Do you agree with me ??

so you mean ffxiv?

AWESOME, but yEAH mates this is gona be real ZOS is going to buy new performance server whatever but @ZOS_MattFiror is going to replace some server architecture right ?

SO YEAAAH

but w8 funy lets funy ok but for example i have 250Mbps+ network and I have 80-100ms normaly in ESO so if they change it and i will have same performance I will not buy Elsweyr and stop playing due to fact they lack of interest of EU players. So the new server must have ~40ms max.

and also look at this pool i HAve been created two months ago, which in this pool you can decide of your performance of the server feelings:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459831/pc-eu-quality-of-game-poll-only-for-eu-players/p1

Blah blah blah.
    Everyone forgets that the latency counter in ESO, displays the round trip of the data package. Not the one way communication like every other MMORPG shows, and just the confirmation of package received. You should divide by 2 the, to see your correct ping.
    I play from a different country last two months than before, and here the counter is displaying 132ms on prime time. Believe me is actually 66ms and you know experiencing the difference when trying other games having just over 100ms, let alone 132ms.

Also if you have serious bad performance you should consider change your ISP. ZOS cannot do anything if your ISP needs 200 hops around the world to communicate. Is all down to how your ISP connects to Germany (EU SERVER) for example.

A trace application displaying the hops can be used to ping the server.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on April 18, 2019 4:50AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news, and great to hear this has been tackled so quickly!
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You done good, ZOS.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you!!
    PC-EU @lientier
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least wait and see how this plays out.
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »

At least wait and see how this plays out.

Indeed. I'll certainly hope for the best, but this is a company that has consistently failed to deliver on their promises, so I'll assume it's more hot air until proven otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.