Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PC-EU Server Update - April 11

• BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    I dont think that anyone is debating worthiness of players but a premium (plus) benefit ...
    An influencer youtuber or a casual player, a youngster or a elder person, a more skilled or a less skilled player, each one will enter the queue with the same possibilities...
    Question is, if eso+ members have ingame benefits as everybody knows, should they have priority in queue lists aswell??

I am a plus member but i have bought every DLC with crowns aswell and there is a "little difference", even if you dont like it, which is paying a subscription every month...

So i dont have a personal clear opinion (its grey to me) about this topic but i understand those claims and it is not elitism at all... Each side has to respect each claim because both have valid arguments.

EDIT: as an example, if you go to a thematic park, everyone pays to enter. And everyone has to wait in "queue" to enjoy the most attractive places.
    But there ate premium (paid) or loyal (rewarded) buyers which have free passes so they can enter in these places without wasting minutes/hours in the waiting line (queue)

And for that money every month, you are given 1650 crowns (more than $15 buys in the store on its own), unlimited material storage in the craft bag, double bank space, double transmute crystal space, double furniture space in houses, access to all DLC, bonuses to gold and xp gain, costume dying, and exclusive deals in the crown store.

You are already compensated for your $15 a month, and many of those benefits do not tick away or diminish if you're in queue for 20 minutes. I do not object to you getting those benefits. I'll even deal with the inconvenience of Inventory Management Online in relative silence so y'all have the craft bag that's probably the biggest pull for ESO+.

However, what I will strongly object to is the expectation that acceptible performance and preferential access should be locked behind a paywall in a subscription-optional game. So when someone starts expecting that they be able to access the game faster than someone who has potentially been waiting in queue for 20 minutes but doesn't have ESO+ or demanding six new servers be spun up and maintained (because each server for each platform would want their own so they don't have to deal with their European data traveling to North America), with the likely result that prices for everyone will increase to fund it (servers aren't cheap and $15 a month from ESO+ members likely won't be able to cover the cost for them, particularly with all the other benefits added in), I will argue against it. People who pay to access a game (either through ESO+ or buying things outright) should be entitled to the same level of access to and performance in said game and the parts of it they paid to access.

TL;DR: Yes, you pay $15 for plus each month but you also receive many benefits for that money, even over and above what that $15 would get on its own. Preferential access to and performance in the game over those who have paid for the DLC/costumes/mounts they can access is not and should never be part of those benefits.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaadrun wrote: »
    So, they are telling all the PC/EU players that they've been aware of an issue for the last 3 months and a half and yet didn't do anything until it broke something?

Actually, I think that what they said was that they have been working to address the issue within the bounds of the physical server capacity that they have. I suspect that what ZOS considers to be adequate server capacity is not universally agreed upon, but there are other threads for that. I would not disagree with anyone who characterized these early efforts as "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic", but then I don't know the details.

What looks to have happened is a significant and unexpected increase in player activity that is not containable within the existing server capacity. Time for a new plan, and while that plan is put into place, EU gets queues during peak times.

The way I see it is that ZOS recognizes there is a problem and is acting to mitigate the problem. Whether they could have done it sooner is something for a post-crisis analysis meeting at ZOS. For us, the fact is that they are doing something about it. That is a lot better than them doing nothing about it. Now, we wait to see whether it is enough.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 13, 2019 3:32PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    I log in to my favorite game to see some message about queue? Seriously? I sat 2 min thinking it was some joke, feeling confused like hell.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaadrun wrote: »
    I love ESO, but this path the dev team is taking has made me come to the conclusion that, until they change the way they approach problems, I will not renew my subscription.

I'm sure the dev team would love to have rooms and rooms of shiny new hardware. Lets be sure the blame is directed where it rightfully should be: the accounting department and board of directors that didn't budget for server upgrades from the hundreds of millions this game brings in.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Kraken13
    Kraken13
    Holdon wrote: »
    I log in to my favorite game to see some message about queue? Seriously? I sat 2 min thinking it was some joke, feeling confused like hell.

Yes me too I though this had died already. I guess we just have to pay more to have a decent service, they are not making enough out of us yet, the poor guys that cant afford better hardware.....
  • Desinformator
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    Not wanting to be a d**k about a problem situation and with all appropriate sympathy to ALL players impacted - is the queue designed to favour those who pay a monthly sub as with other games that have both subbing and free players?

Personally I'd be disappointed to be in a queue behind players who don't pay.

Then you needn't worry, because everyone who plays this game outside of a free week has paid in some form or fashion. You don't get access to DLC/expansions without buying them, either with your money/crowns or by giving gold to others in exchange for the crown gift (thus sinking those crowns and necessitating that more be bought in order to fill other orders). If people have access to parts of the game, it's because they bought that access.

As someone who's bought every single DLC that's come out and several costumes, and who has given gold in exchange for various crown store items, I can assure you that the money which I have spent or caused to be spent on my behalf is no less green and no less valuable or useful in funding the game. This myth that non-ESO+ members are somehow freeloaders is just that, a myth, and, with all due respect, it needs to stop.

You're right. ESO+ and ESO- members they equal miked by crapemax.
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    7aHjkGu.jpg
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 3 of the Login Queue Fiasco and still no word on when a fix is coming.

Disgusting customer service as usual.

Edited by Verbal_Earthworm on April 13, 2019 7:38PM
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Disgusting customer service as usual, how do you liars sleep at night?

They dont, they just keep counting the money, until votes are made with feet(or wallets in this case) it will never change.

I just joined the new RNG based Login Queue, started at 14 mins 37 secs, then went up to over 15 mins, how does that work? It really is a lottery on whether or not you can play this game now.

All i want is my event tickets, i have no interest in the lag fest that is ongoing, event tickets then i can play a game that works.
  • Gengulfus
    Gengulfus
    ✭✭
    Sitting on a 17 minute EU wait time.

Radical and widely unpouplar I am sure, but what about converting one of the several hundred people you have working on monetizaion via the Crown Store to a single Capacity Manager?

I note Jessica said you are working on a PLAN, not on the actual UPGRADE which doesn't bode well.

I dread to think what will happen when Elswyr drops and if I could then I would withdraw the purchase I made on the announcement day and wait to see whether the chapter is even playable.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gengulfus wrote: »
    Sitting on a 17 minute EU wait time.

Radical and widely unpouplar I am sure, but what about converting one of the several hundred people you have working on monetizaion via the Crown Store to a single Capacity Manager?

I note Jessica said you are working on a PLAN, not on the actual UPGRADE which doesn't bode well.

I dread to think what will happen when Elswyr drops and if I could then I would withdraw the purchase I made on the announcement day and wait to see whether the chapter is even playable.

Of course you can reverse that payment, ever heard of a chargeback? It doesnt matter what zos write in there ToS its not the law, its just there rules.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Disgusting customer service as usual, bunch of lazy liars.

Happy Easter, you muppets.

We will get used to it, as we did with any other totaly inappropriate thing ZOS does.
    And we will go on with our lives as usual.
    I am betting this is what ZOS thinks atm, and the problem is we will
    and the greatest problem is we easily forget.
    They will probably give us some crown crates and none will ever notice anything about
    ZOS mistreating customers.
    They follow the same thing Cowboys did with Native Americans.
    ZOS will give us shiny metal and glass to appease us...
    And none will have ever heard about Queues in Login.

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While we can all appreciate the communication, after 5 years, it's more than obvious that management on the server side of things certainly leaves much to be desired. There should be metrics in place that reliable predict an upward shift toward server overpopulation. Resolution should be in place before something like this happens, particularly if server resources can be upgraded within a 2 week window. With proper foresight, the current situation should have been totally unacceptable and should never happen. We're all hoping your fix works and lessons are learned.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    18 minutes wait... and then kicked out as I tried to switch toons... RIDICULOUS!

It's like paying for a movie... and then being told you that they oversold the theater and you can go in as someone else comes out for a bathroom or snack break.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um. They said it would be about 2 weeks, right at the top of this thread.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's very easy to be patronising when the issue doesn't even affect you isn't it?

I hope you get a login queue of your own.

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_MattFiror . I have a few things to counter what you have said, but I will not. At least you released a statement and is better than nothing of being quiet. For that I appreciate it.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's very easy to be patronising when the issue doesn't even affect you isn't it?

Whether the issue affects him or not, he's right and you're wrong. They already said when they expected the fix to be coming, but you chose to ignore that.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Lith
    Lith
    ✭✭
    ESO-Queue-on-EU-a-Joke.jpg
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So yeah one of our tanks for cloudrest+3 just crashed and he´s sitting in a 23 min Queue so your grace period appears to have issues, we also had to replace one dd whose game closed as soon as the Queue finished only to be placed in the next 20 min Queue.
    Your Queue really Needs some more work.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Whether the issue affects him or not, he's right and you're wrong. They already said when they expected the fix to be coming, but you chose to ignore that.

They said a lot of things, some of which were patently lies, so pardon me if I need something more concrete and current.

I doubt this issue affects you either, so I hope you also get a login queue of your very own.

• Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was a plan or more of a hope to have it in 2 weeks, not a definate. Bit like there improvment of communication it was a plan that started 5 months ago and still not happened, just saying.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ridicolous. As a paying ESO Plus memeber for years and I have to QUE to login? Monday - Friday i don't have time to play. weekends after kids in bed I have to wait for a que? ... Forget it... I'm playing something else. Que working as intended.

• Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 9.16 pm on Saturday night in the UK.

My first login queue was for 19 minutes.

Upon logging in to one character and then attempting to swap to another character I was disconnected.

I immediately boot up the game again and I am now in a 16 minute queue.

Your grace period does not function.

Your queue is broken.

Your server is broken.

You are broken.

• grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Eleswyr?? I'll be looking elsewhere.
    Haven't gone for the pre release and the pointless horse and I'm glad I haven't. If this isn't sorted out soon I'll be off and seeking recovery of my subs through Visa
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Queued for 8 min 30 sec, after 4 mins "your login has failed"
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The queue limits the number of concurrent online players. You enter the queue and can’t play until someone currently playing decides to quit or dc’s maybe...so you’re paying for a game you can’t play?

ZOS really expects people to preorder the new chapter? ZOS REALLY expects people to get excited about Necromancer? ZOS’s combat team INSISTS on fiddling with the game? Game of the YEAR? Is Red Dead 2 on pc yet?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said a lot of things, some of which were patently lies, so pardon me if I need something more concrete and current.
    If this isn't concrete and current enough for you, then nothing ever will be:
    We expect the time frame for this to be about two weeks, but we will keep you posted.
    It's from just 2 days ago; were you expecting hourly updates on whether they're still expecting the time frame to be the same?

I get that you're upset (and understandably so), but your posts prove that there's literally nothing ZOS can do that will satisfy you, so why should they do anything other than ignore you?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this isn't concrete and current enough for you, then nothing ever will be:
    We expect the time frame for this to be about two weeks, but we will keep you posted.
    It's from just 2 days ago; were you expecting hourly updates on whether they're still expecting the time frame to be the same?

I get that you're upset (and understandably so), but your posts prove that there's literally nothing ZOS can do that will satisfy you, so why should they do anything other than ignore you?

Ignoring their customers is what they do best.

We have been telling them the server is dying.

Now it's on life-support.

Nothing they do now will satisfy me, you are right in that respect, they are closing the gate when the horse has already bolted.

But that does not excuse them from dealing with an upset (and understandably so) customer.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am reasonably sure they are not ignoring him (or her).

Like you, however, I don't expect an update just a couple days later, and on a weekend, when they are talking about something that is 2 weeks out. I expect an update on the next ESO Live, if it has not already happened.
This discussion has been closed.