Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PC-EU Server Update - April 11

• Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30+ minutes in the qq. :scream:
    Now my brother and I are baking an Elsweyr themed cake to kill some time :smiley:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a call for massive unsubbing ??
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I understand correctly.. you've pushed for more players for MONTHS with events, free to play weekends and whatnot, but without actually up-scaling your infra in such a way that it supports the influx of players YOU baited into coming here?

What the hell ZOS?! I thought you said you wanted to improve communication?
    You better get your *** together before Elsweyr launches.
    Because the 15 min. queue I'm looking at is ridiculous, and it's not too late for a refund.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm in a 16 minute login queue so I might as well lurk here while I wait.

It's 8.30pm on a Friday night.

I wonder how long the queues will be over the weekend.

It being Easter and all the kids being off school for two weeks.

It would be nice to get an update on this debacle.

If anyone actually cares that is.
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually just bought the game & else collectors and a subscription recently but I am thinking about cancelling already if this is how it's going to be.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm in a 16 minute login queue so I might as well lurk here while I wait.

It's 8.30pm on a Friday night.

I wonder how long the queues will be over the weekend.

It being Easter and all the kids being off school for two weeks.

It would be nice to get an update on this debacle.

If anyone actually cares that is.

17 mins for login in, and almost 17 now for queing in Cyro.
    Elder scrolls "IN LINE"....
    Edited by KoultouraS on April 12, 2019 7:32PM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just waited for 16 minutes only to get a server connection error when trying to connect.
    And guess what happens if you re-try logging in..
    Edited by Saturnana on April 13, 2019 9:21AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Larry78
    Larry78
    ✭✭✭
    just came from game with 6 EU servers, 100k players each cluster atm, thousands and thousands paralel 15vs15 battles, and no lag spikes and other *** like in here. Its ur bad ZOS, ur bad servers, etc...good luck in future dev.
    Edited by Larry78 on April 12, 2019 7:45PM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    Not wanting to be a d**k about a problem situation and with all appropriate sympathy to ALL players impacted - is the queue designed to favour those who pay a monthly sub as with other games that have both subbing and free players?

Personally I'd be disappointed to be in a queue behind players who don't pay.

Then you needn't worry, because everyone who plays this game outside of a free week has paid in some form or fashion. You don't get access to DLC/expansions without buying them, either with your money/crowns or by giving gold to others in exchange for the crown gift (thus sinking those crowns and necessitating that more be bought in order to fill other orders). If people have access to parts of the game, it's because they bought that access.

As someone who's bought every single DLC that's come out and several costumes, and who has given gold in exchange for various crown store items, I can assure you that the money which I have spent or caused to be spent on my behalf is no less green and no less valuable or useful in funding the game. This myth that non-ESO+ members are somehow freeloaders is just that, a myth, and, with all due respect, it needs to stop.

It may seem like a Myth but your stance is just as Disingenuous if you think ESO+ members haven't paid more to play this game that those who have dropped as little as $15 for the game and each DLC while the ESO+ members dropped that and much much more by paying monthly subscription fees! Acting like ESO+ members haven't paid more needs to stop too!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Balderredux
    Balderredux
    Soul Shriven
    "Approximate Wait Time: 30 sec" - for the last 15 minutes or so... And this is while attempting to relog within the 20 minute grace window.

Grateful for the info, just a pity that the system doesn't work as described.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 4:07 PM EST here in Miami, USA that is what 9:07 PM in UK and I logged in with no queue on the EU server.
    Isn't that prime on a Friday?
    Does logging in from US bypass the queue?
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Approximate Wait Time: 30 sec" - for the last 15 minutes or so... And this is while attempting to relog within the 20 minute grace window.

Grateful for the info, just a pity that the system doesn't work as described.

Pray you won't hit a server connection error when you finally get out of the queue.
    Or a never-ending loading screen... which is what I've been in for a while now... :/
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

- Sheogorath
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a guess here. The huge spike at late March is because lots of players in this game have multiple accounts, so they can maximum jubilee boxes as many as they can. And I don't think this is tin foil hat at all. One of my friend has like 4 or 5 accounts so he can do the daily crafting writs at the 1st week. Not to mention there must be players with same method in this game. Now 2nd week will be multiple account sharing quests for each other while only require 1 character did the work (as long as other character around I think). 3rd and 4th week might not handy here, but then the 5th week will be total chaos again.
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on April 12, 2019 8:19PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a guess here. The huge spike at late March is because lots of players in this game have multiple accounts, so they can maximum jubilee boxes as many as they can. And I don't think this is tin foil hat at all. One of my friend has like 4 or 5 accounts so he can do the daily crafting writs at the 1st week. Not to mention there must be players with same method in this game. Now 2nd week will be multiple account sharing quests for each other while only require 1 character did the work (as long as other character around I think). 3rd and 4th week might not handy here, but then the 5th week will be total chaos again.

Normally you can only log in on one account at a time though.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably only true when you have 1 pc though.
  • gezginrocker
    gezginrocker
    ✭✭✭
    Well the que "solution" solves nothing at all. Still the same horrible lag and long loading screens. Infact, I waited 30 minutes for login, then after 10 minutes in Cyro I got stuck in infinite loading screen and had to quit. Then I tried to login, and it again tells me to wait 15 minutes. Brilliant eh?
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Even with several computers I hardly see somebody managing to play several characters at the same time, or is this player an octopus ?
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭

Even with several computers I hardly see somebody managing to play several characters at the same time, or is this player an octopus ?

Have you even in a populated trading guild? You'll surprised how people managed to do crazy things just for easy gold. And this is one of the time that it's totally worth it to use multiple accounts while event is still going.
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on April 12, 2019 8:38PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't mean to derail that is why I prefaced my statement with the word "normally" as multi-boxing is against TOS.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't mean to derail that is why I prefaced my statement with the word "normally" as multi-boxing is against TOS.

Understandable why people are so sensitive about this subject. Since everyone, me included, dislike botting and unfairness behavior in game.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't wait in queue, just leave the queue and relog
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    16 time waiting periode...I spend my time playing Blades (early access) ….. ;)
    • Bosmer Girl since Morrowind 2002
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    Not wanting to be a d**k about a problem situation and with all appropriate sympathy to ALL players impacted - is the queue designed to favour those who pay a monthly sub as with other games that have both subbing and free players?

Personally I'd be disappointed to be in a queue behind players who don't pay.

Then you needn't worry, because everyone who plays this game outside of a free week has paid in some form or fashion. You don't get access to DLC/expansions without buying them, either with your money/crowns or by giving gold to others in exchange for the crown gift (thus sinking those crowns and necessitating that more be bought in order to fill other orders). If people have access to parts of the game, it's because they bought that access.

As someone who's bought every single DLC that's come out and several costumes, and who has given gold in exchange for various crown store items, I can assure you that the money which I have spent or caused to be spent on my behalf is no less green and no less valuable or useful in funding the game. This myth that non-ESO+ members are somehow freeloaders is just that, a myth, and, with all due respect, it needs to stop.

It may seem like a Myth but your stance is just as Disingenuous if you think ESO+ members haven't paid more to play this game that those who have dropped as little as $15 for the game and each DLC while the ESO+ members dropped that and much much more by paying monthly subscription fees! Acting like ESO+ members haven't paid more needs to stop too!

Acting like ESO+ players should get any kind of preferential or elitist treatment needs to stop too.

All players must be equal when it comes to basics like being able to enter the game.

The issue here is that ZOS spent all their time trying to encourage player to join (which is great because this is a fantastic game) and apparently no time, money or effort in understanding or providing the infrastructure necessary for them to be able to play. They’ve turned what should be the gaming success of the year into a potential disaster.

And you want to debate which players are more worthy of playing. Shame.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think that anyone is debating worthiness of players but a premium (plus) benefit ...
    An influencer youtuber or a casual player, a youngster or a elder person, a more skilled or a less skilled player, each one will enter the queue with the same possibilities...
    Question is, if eso+ members have ingame benefits as everybody knows, should they have priority in queue lists aswell??

I am a plus member but i have bought every DLC with crowns aswell and there is a "little difference", even if you dont like it, which is paying a subscription every month...

So i dont have a personal clear opinion (its grey to me) about this topic but i understand those claims and it is not elitism at all... Each side has to respect each claim because both have valid arguments.

EDIT: as an example, if you go to a thematic park, everyone pays to enter. And everyone has to wait in "queue" to enjoy the most attractive places.
    But there ate premium (paid) or loyal (rewarded) buyers which have free passes so they can enter in these places without wasting minutes/hours in the waiting line (queue)
    Edited by miteba on April 13, 2019 10:05AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well limiting the number of players by this queue system still has not made for working hamsters
    Even at very quite times traveling to a player, and all guild functions (bank, store etc) can take forever still!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 4:07 PM EST here in Miami, USA that is what 9:07 PM in UK and I logged in with no queue on the EU server.
    Isn't that prime on a Friday?
    Does logging in from US bypass the queue?

I've no idea, although I would doubt it. I've logged into the PC EU server from the UK at least a dozen times since the queue was introduced, including at peak EU times and I've only encountered a queue twice - switching to the NA server the first time rather than sit through it as I have characters there anyway, and logging in as indicated after 12 minutes the second time. I suspect the population cap is set fairly high and may be increased over time as further optimisation work continues in the background.
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmmm..

EU Easter holiday will be over in 2 weeks.

FIX in about 2 weeks per Zos.

Interesting coincidence, eh?
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »
    hmmm..

EU Easter holiday will be over in 2 weeks.

FIX in about 2 weeks per Zos.

Interesting coincidence, eh?

It's not, orthodox easter begins when catholic ends.
  • Isaura
    Isaura
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I got kicked from the server while switching character. I tried to log back in the game immediately and got placed in the queue for over 10 min. I opened a ticket to point out the fact that this "grace" period is not working. The answer I got was an explanation on how the group dungeon finder system works... At this point, I have nothing more to say about this game.
  • Khaadrun
    Khaadrun
    So, they are telling all the PC/EU players that they've been aware of an issue for the last 3 months and a half and yet didn't do anything until it broke something?

How in the seven hells can you come out, with a straight face, and say to your loyal player base and say: "Hey, I knew that the population was starting to overcrowd the servers and yet i didn't upgrade anything".

If the problem had appeared overnight i would understand that they need time for new hardware and that until the hardware arrived they would have to implement measures like the queue. But we're talking about 3 months. They have had enough time to fix the problem in advance.

I love ESO, but this path the dev team is taking has made me come to the conclusion that, until they change the way they approach problems, I will not renew my subscription.

I hope Elsweyr changes the path ESO is heading.
This discussion has been closed.