Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OILS NOT SHIELDABLE AND DOING 18K DMG PER TICK

• IndorilArwynLlethran
    Oh, thank you, tank you so much, ZOS, for this little gift bug. Finally zerglings are where they're meant to be - on the floor :lol:
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best bug ever
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xD what a mess :D I wonder what ZOS will break when trying to fix this. One thing they should take a note is a less server load when ball groups are off.

Maybe we should consider changing the meta when it goes to group play from "ball group" to "just group"? Hmmm? You can still play very coordinated PvP without stacking on the needle's eye. Maybe sieges dealing the more damage the more targets it hits wouldn't be as bad idea as we think?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Community: Werewolfs being able light attack people to death with the torug/enchant bug = Unbalanced, fix now zos it makes pvp unplayable.

Also the community: I can now one shot an entire pvp raid with a coldfire ballista =It's balanced, keep it.

You don't even need Torugs either. I have a Cancer WW Build that I don't use because it''s just disgusting. Even in full impen you can lazy your way through Vet Dungeons with Witchmothers for your heal and buff. It can jump from 6-7.5k wep damage light attacking while being in combat.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly is not that bad, sieges should do more damage than a nb ultimate. But zerglings are scared now and everyone pack up in zergballs more than ever.
    In tree hours yesterday in the entire map only tree keeps where conqered... kinda boring
    Signature

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went into Vivec on my crafter to get him to level 1 and got so ripped by a cold fire ballista, almost one shorted me lmao.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    barshemm wrote: »
    14k damage a tick from cold fire ballistas, siege is OP

Actually, that's right where it *should* be ...
    shades.gif

That’s debatable. #1, the damage you should be able to do with a left button click - and AoE damage at that - should be limited. #2, all this does is prolonging Keep takes and encouraging stacking, which the servers still don’t handle very well.

I agree siege should be scary. But that’s a bit ridiculous, apart from the fact it mostly bypasses just one class defense.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im reading about people complaining that zerg could just stand in 5 oils and survive, and I must admit- I have no idea what are you talking about.
    Its either L2Defend issue or maybe just CP campaigns thing.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we finally understand how the bird and fish feel during the BP incident
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to burn me some bananas and raspberries!!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda like it, its hits harder than my Ults or my entire combo. Pop on one in a 1vX or 2vX. Boom dont need to actually use skills. :D
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD Mag Sorc, Edrene Kingsley
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
    EP Stam Sorc, Elder Procs Online
    DC Stam DK, One Shot Online
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Community: Werewolfs being able light attack people to death with the torug/enchant bug = Unbalanced, fix now zos it makes pvp unplayable.

Also the community: I can now one shot an entire pvp raid with a coldfire ballista =It's balanced, keep it.

You don't even need Torugs either. I have a Cancer WW Build that I don't use because it''s just disgusting. Even in full impen you can lazy your way through Vet Dungeons with Witchmothers for your heal and buff. It can jump from 6-7.5k wep damage light attacking while being in combat.

LFG buff doesn't count ;)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 man zergling raid ball group wiped by 3 solo randoms with 3 fire ballistas... That is priceless and I like it :D
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    time for some oil shopping
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been in cyro, and personally I like it and kinda wish they would just leave it. The battles were crazy and watching - and participating in the new and far more interesting keep take challenges was really fun. Plus keeps weren't flipping every 5 seconds. Fine by me.

@ZOS_GinaBruno maybe tell them not to fix this too much yus?

Signed,
    A Non-Salty Sorc.

PS> thank you for the lag-free day in Cyro!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • iALEXi
    iALEXi
    ✭✭✭
    My idea about the siege damage is that maybe Battle Spirit (50% dmg) no longer applies to sieges now, which is why it does exactly double the damage of every siege.
    Also NB's are so strong now as they can cloak the siege dots LOL, tip: equip purge and siege shield
    @iALEXi
    Guild: The Kiradashians, Guild Master and Raid Leader

Battlegrounds - Sotha Sil-Bahlokdaan Ravenwatch (Solo-Smallscale-Midscale) - Ebonheart Pact - PC EU

Characters below:
    • EP - Khajiit - Stamina Warden - [AR50] (Kira of Ebonheart)
    • EP - Dark elf - Magicka Nightblade [AR30] (Kira de Nocturna) [PvE DD]
    • EP - Breton - Magicka Warden [AR30] (I Want Tø Break Free)
    • EP - Dark elf - Magicka Dragonknight [AR21] (Cejesti) [PvE Tank]
    • EP - Orc - Stamina Templar [AR20] (Kira of Red) [PvE DD]
    • EP - Breton - Magicka Necromancer [AR16] (Kira the Deathwhisper)
    • EP - Orc - Stamina Warden [AR15](Kira de Inferno)
    • EP - Breton - Magicka Sorcerer [AR14] (Cejezti)
    • EP - Wood elf - Stamina Nightblade [AR11] (Castalia of Ebonheart)
    • EP - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer [lvl 13]
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all seem to forget we had a phase like this before, although ZOS upped the damage on siege deliberately in the past. It was fun for a week, but ultimately the gameplay was so boring, that it got dialed back again in an incremental.

Now, if your playing capabilities are so limited that a left click inducing ridiculous damage is your best bet at killing someone, I see why you might want to keep it. Tells more about the players than the siege damage then though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

LFG buff doesn't count ;)

Hehe. Im actually tempted to break it out and go after cancer builds with it. The resists on the thing are close to Tank specs. Its well suited for killing healers in BG's though.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    You all seem to forget we had a phase like this before, although ZOS upped the damage on siege deliberately in the past. It was fun for a week, but ultimately the gameplay was so boring, that it got dialed back again in an incremental.

Now, if your playing capabilities are so limited that a left click inducing ridiculous damage is your best bet at killing someone, I see why you might want to keep it. Tells more about the players than the siege damage then though.

I understand it's bad for the game in the long term, but for ONE night it was fun watching warden earthgore ball groups explode.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is unplayable with this bug, it can't wait until next Monday, a fix has to be made ASAP. It is impossible to take a castle if there is even 1 defender, small groups are putting down ballistas for even small scale fights.
    Edited by twitch_zero on February 26, 2019 10:30AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    OIL like every other siege weapon should not be shieldable and should ignore resistances.

Barely anyone will want to pvp if everyone gets dunked by 2 ticks of oil, or essentially 1-shotted if more than 1 oil is on you.

Then how about avoiding the oil AoE?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    OIL like every other siege weapon should not be shieldable and should ignore resistances.

Barely anyone will want to pvp if everyone gets dunked by 2 ticks of oil, or essentially 1-shotted if more than 1 oil is on you.

Lol- pls tell me how can you avoid oil AoE? Especially that you usually have anything between 3-5 on breach. Do you just ask politely other side to stop using it?

I will agree- for a short time it is little bit funny. But the problem with it is that it is way to easy to defend right now, which will make whole Cyrodil stale and only benefit night caping
    Edited by bitels on February 26, 2019 10:52AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

That right there is the start of developing great battle tactics. When I dance around reflecting, and healing right infront of the door generating aggro from the twenty players standing above the FD, while the other players seige the side door(s) break through and flank them. This isn't even in an organized groups either. It's just PUG vs PUG mostly. The only difference is now I can't heal through oil even through the random healer following me who has Earthgore proccing. It was always harder to defend a keep than to take it in my experience., esspecially the smaller keeps without outer walls. I could heal through oil with Igneous than Vigor, which is kind of silly in CP PvP.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on February 26, 2019 10:53AM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Unfortunately this isn't something we're able to hotfix, but we're trying to get the fix into Monday's incremental patch.

Fortunatelly you're not able to hotfix. Please, don't try to fix this. Just add a line to patch notes:
    • Siege damage was (inadvertently) made relevant again.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

I understand it's bad for the game in the long term, but for ONE night it was fun watching warden earthgore ball groups explode.

You know, I could get behind Oil being much stronger than it currently is. But the screenshots I’ve so far seen from all other siege is outright ridiculous. And I‘m playing noCP exclusively.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can usually get out of the way. My deaths to siege last night usually came from pushing my luck a little too much.

There does seem to be some desyncs in health all around though; even with siege. I got "cleanse now" alerts often and didn't seem to be taking damage but go ahead and cleanse anyway because it ticks hard. Wind up dieing after the purge and it shows 3 ticks.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the bug. Still funny to kill hasty pvdoor full group with 2p and 6 oils
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    csparks1 wrote: »
    thedude33 wrote: »
    I would like it to stay this way. Seige should freaking hurt, and you should fear it.

wtf r u talking about, I do fear siege and don't normally stand in it - but 30k damage in 2 seconds is not something I can live through - I quit playing - 3rd time I died to same *** I was just running by and couldn't even see the animation to avoid.

Apparently, you do stand in it. Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead.

Heheh I make that quote reference a lot saying “Reds dead baby, Reds dead.”

But I don’t think most ppl get it.....lol
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on February 26, 2019 12:20PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the 'Bastion of the Heartland' Set appear on the Crown Store overnight by chance? :D

I actually don't mind if this change stays, maybe dialled back a little but siege absolutely should hurt.
    Bastion + Evasion-Skill + War-Horn + some purging should make a breach passable.