Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bosmer Racial change that is illogical and unnecessary

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp23S7l1ugY

Actually I did mess up a little. I referenced the fact that of the class recommendations given in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim 9 of the 10 recommended classes had sneak as a primary skill; but I miscounted and said it was 8 out of 9. Still makes the point, but I was sleepy when I wrote it. For the record: all games recommended scout, thief, and archer and Morrowind also included agent; all of these had stealth as a class skill except Oblivion's implementation of scout.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

From another thread. If you want to advocate to retain stealth gameplay in bosmers, I would suggest that second link.

Thanks I did this
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Barbican1965
    Barbican1965
    ✭✭
    Actually, I have to agree. There are a lot of people out there who like "Kender-like" characters. Im supposed to use a Khaiit? Not going to happen, I like character in my characters... So, for the love of Tasselhoffs everywhere, give Wood Elves proper stealth!

Happy Wanderlust, and, DONT make me TAUNT you ZOS...
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I told them a summary of everything I've stated on these forums. Then I linked to the poll about the bosmers passive and how 80% of 72 votes (now 82 and still at 80%) do not want stealth detect. So, hopefully it's something....

But the fact that stealth detection is now in the race's description makes me soooooooo angry. I hope this backfires so hard on them when it goes live.

I can personally say I'll be absolutely finished with another company that is so bull-headedly ignorant in its refusal to listen to player feedback. It may be a small thing, but it speaks volumes about the future--as I learned the hard way after preordering BfA.
    Edited by Eiron77 on February 14, 2019 8:43PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they are having a PvP themed ESO live tomorrow. I wonder if they are going to mention bosmer stealth detect. :( /sigh
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiron77 wrote: »
    I told them a summary of everything I've stated on these forums. Then I linked to the poll about the bosmers passive and how 80% of 72 votes (now 82 and still at 80%) do not want stealth detect. So, hopefully it's something....

But the fact that stealth detection is now in the race's description makes me soooooooo angry. I hope this backfires so hard on them when it goes live.

I can personally say I'll be absolutely finished with another company that is so bull-headedly ignorant in its refusal to listen to player feedback. It may be a small thing, but it speaks volumes about the future--as I learned the hard way after preordering BfA.

I imagine that quite a few players will be upset that their entire play-style is being gutted for no reason especially considering that this action is in direct conflict with ZOS' stated goals for balance and a horrendous deviation from long established lore. Question is will ZOS care? Do they know they'll lose players over this and are counting on Wrathstone and new players who don't know any better? Hence the change in the Bosmer lore description. That's an effed up way to introduce new players, covering up how they screwed over established customers and disregarding the decade old lore ESO was built on.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how does it feel to be ignored by the devs?

Gold Coast and Hew's Bane about to turn into litter box zones, PVP tryhard gankers will race change to cats to continue griefing and the forums are going to be inundated by pissed off players demanding to know why their favorite stealth characters just got gutted.

FUN! :|

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    So how does it feel to be ignored by the devs?

Gold Coast and Hew's Bane about to turn into litter box zones, PVP tryhard gankers will race change to cats to continue griefing and the forums are going to be inundated by pissed off players demanding to know why their favorite stealth characters just got gutted.

FUN! :|

https://youtu.be/BD9bxSh4-nE

Feels bad man
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch is going live on Feb 25th. They are going to have one more round of PTS before then.

EDIT: Just as a FYI they did not mention anything about any race passives.
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 15, 2019 11:46PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone knows any gaming journalists, maybe bringing outside attention will sway them.

Ask the streamers and the podcasters.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    If anyone knows any gaming journalists, maybe bringing outside attention will sway them.

Ask the streamers and the podcasters.

Shimmer did a youtube discussion about the changes and the bosmer loss of stealth got some airtime. (Keep in mind this was back in January and nothing changed from it.)

https://youtu.be/CQ3SZ08WoTI?t=1767

Go to about 29:30 into the video, (the real stealth discussion starts about 31:00). One person STRONGLY thought the loss of stealth was a big deal.

Other then that no one seems to care, it's all about dps meters.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In that video one of the people was trying to claim this was lore-friendly, which is an utter joke to anyone who has actually read up on the lore about Bosmer. Well, there's that 'joke' word again, and I'm still not laughing.

In the Kubler Ross model, I make it to 'depression,' but then cycle right back to 'anger.' 'Acceptance' will never, ever, ever happen.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that video one of the people was trying to claim this was lore-friendly, which is an utter joke to anyone who has actually read up on the lore about Bosmer. Well, there's that 'joke' word again, and I'm still not laughing.

In the Kubler Ross model, I make it to 'depression,' but then cycle right back to 'anger.' 'Acceptance' will never, ever, ever happen.

What you said about the video is 100% true, but it's the only youtube video that addressed it and made a case against it. I am not saying it's the only video out there, just the only one I could find.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know wether to laugh or do a face-palm. Maybe both?

I did both :P
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played in Vvardenfell last night. The entire questline in Balmora is like 90% stealth - follow runners, sneaking in camp to steal clues, sneak into restricted areas and don't kill the guards.

But you know, stealth is useless in PVE /s

Made me incredibly frustrated - its like the devs don't even play their own game.
    Edited by anadandy on February 18, 2019 4:24PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this will NEVER become a new passive as it would require a ton of work to implement. But to differentiate a bosmer stealth from a kahjit stealth imagine something along the lines of.

"Grants the wood elf invisibility when not moving and within 1/2/3m of a tree."

Again I know it would never happen but one can dream!
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mate, if that was ever a real passive, PvP whiners would complain that you just need to camp next to a tree to keep ganking them.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »

Mate, if that was ever a real passive, PvP whiners would complain that you just need to camp next to a tree to keep ganking them.

There is a lot of PvP players who don't care about PvE, the lesson I have learned from all of this is that as a PvE player, I don't really care about what PvP only players want.... Is what I want to say, but you are probably right.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they insist on making sure all the races are ~*~unique~*~ they should give Bosmer slightly (i.e. not as much as vamp) increased speed while in stealth in addition to the stealth detection. The ability to sneak away fast before getting detected (because you saw your enemy first) would be a decent tradeoff. The current PTS passive is just dumb.
    Edited by efster on February 19, 2019 12:48AM
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Making all races 'unique' is garbage. What this has done, and what your proposal would do, is create one viable race of stealthy gameplay, and that's Khajiit.
    And it still flies in the face of the established lore for the bosmer race.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW have all of you seen this thread?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459735/do-you-feel-pvp-is-becoming-more-important-than-pve/p1

There is some real doozies in there. (Don't go in there if you don't want to get upset.)
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raven, I would have got banned. The level of obtuseness in there was toxic.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were two people in there that were just crazy. “Cyrodiil has never gotten an update since launch!”
    Me: here are all the ways they changed Cyrodiil.
    “Those don’t count!”

And another who says “There is no PvP update this patch!”
    Me: Points our the free new battle ground.
    “That does not count!”

And that other one who thinks stealth detect is the same as stealth.

It was just madness in there.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And that other one who thinks stealth detect is the same as stealth.
    Seems legit.

You know, I watched brain surgery on TLC once, so now I guess I'm a brain surgeon. It's like saying murder is legal because there are laws about it.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully we won't see these changes go live.

This hope is fading, fast.
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing that can really be done now, all this whining and complaining is just white noise and the passives are pretty much ready for live. I hate how the khajiit and bosmer were nerfed like they were, but oh well... no point in crying over spilt milk since I'll be changing my bosmer stamden to a redguard.
    Edited by JazzyNova on February 19, 2019 7:43AM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind.
    Edited by anadandy on February 19, 2019 1:21PM
  • Bladewizard
    Bladewizard
    ✭✭✭
    Just cancelled both my subs this morning, as did all three of the other family members that were playing. Will keep playing the game as i have said before, just not willing to financially support a company that ignores its customer base. That is five subs lost from this decision to remove bosmers stealth, in my house alone, I would love to know how many others will be killing their subs due to this. Maybe I will start paying them again after this magical day in the future when they put stealth back in the game for the races that do not have a tail... prob not.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459900/what-is-our-class-reps-personal-opinions-on-the-upcoming-racial-changes#latest

"Bosmer: I play one and I'd much rather have what's on the PTS than what's on Live. I understand some people are upset over the change from stealth to Hunter's Eye, but I'd rather have the dodge roll speed and the pen boost as both are very hard to acquire elsewhere whereas stealth bonuses are available on numerous sets."

Another class rep chimed in saying the Bosmer changes are fine. Apparently a PvP player from the just of the writings.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm back to 'angry.'

Acceptance will never happen.