Maintenance for the week of January 24:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 27, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – January 27, 2:30PM EST (19:30 UTC) – 3:30PM EST (20:30 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – January 27, 2:30PM EST (19:30 UTC) – 3:30PM EST (20:30 UTC)

What is our Class Reps personal opinions on the upcoming racial changes?

Moonsorrow
Moonsorrow
✭✭✭✭✭
As the topic says, i and most likely many others too are interested in our class reps opinions on the upcoming racial passive changes?

How do you feel they are meeting the goals that were set?

Bonus question: What is your opinion on the 1H enchants being cut in half?

And most importantly: Bosmer with old Stealthy passive or with the Dodge Roll passive?

No flaming or negativity wanted on this discussion, but hopefully some of our class reps want to share their opinions. You are allowed to have an opinion, right?
PC/EU
Grey Host, IC & bgs
Solo & small scale
1600+ CP
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my Breton stamblade to have stam racial passives his a deadly assassin not a sorcerer Breton 4 life
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my Breton stamblade to have stam racial passives his a deadly assassin not a sorcerer Breton 4 life

Originally i was hoping too that there would have been mag/stam morphs for all the racials so people could have used any race for any stam or mag or hybridish way they wanted. Too bad that was not their way on doing these..
    PC/EU
    Grey Host, IC & bgs
    Solo & small scale
    1600+ CP
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your view.
    Xbox EU
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Argonian

Lore: Not a lot to complain here, only that they do not have poison immunity now is a bit weird, since they are known for poisoning themselves to gain immunity.

Bosmer

Lore: The stealth passive has been brought up quite a bit, and the loss of disease immunity to poison does not really match the lore here. Argonians should have poison and bosmer disease from a lore standpoint. Their stealthy gameplay has been changed from better sneak to better detection, so that is definitely something that stands out as negative, especially when you compare them to Khajiit (they should be the ones detecting people).

This is only thing that is bothering me about new racials. Argonians and bosmer have switched their immunities. MAKE IT RIGHT! :D

I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    Argonian

Lore: Not a lot to complain here, only that they do not have poison immunity now is a bit weird, since they are known for poisoning themselves to gain immunity.

Bosmer

Lore: The stealth passive has been brought up quite a bit, and the loss of disease immunity to poison does not really match the lore here. Argonians should have poison and bosmer disease from a lore standpoint. Their stealthy gameplay has been changed from better sneak to better detection, so that is definitely something that stands out as negative, especially when you compare them to Khajiit (they should be the ones detecting people).

This is only thing that is bothering me about new racials. Argonians and bosmer have switched their immunities. MAKE IT RIGHT! :D

Yep, that is one of the few things anymore after the tweaking that bother people. Should be switched around and Bosmer should keep being a Stealthy race.

So couple easy changes and ZOS would gain many happy people with them. :)

Also.. Altmer Spellcharge could be split to also give magicka return, like half of the value stam, half magicka. Altmer supremacy and all that. :wink:

I think such simple things would make nice changes out of them. Also the Champion Point scaling change (food and so on scaling with cp stat % modifier) thing they did was nice, so whoever came up with that there, job well done.
    Edited by Moonsorrow on February 20, 2019 3:12PM
    PC/EU
    Grey Host, IC & bgs
    Solo & small scale
    1600+ CP
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, insightful post @Masel ! Thank you!
    PS5 NA 1,500+ CP & EU 1,300+ CP [forever a console peasant ; )]
    Loving Husband & Father by day... Gamer by night : )
    Always willing to help ANYONE #ESOfam
    41K+ Achievement Points on my main Magblade, AvA Rank 50
    Semi-Retired highly competitive PvE & PvP player; ZERO Elitism
    NA: <RNGesus> <Loyalty> <Reapers of Death> <Sovereign> [open as of 03.2021]
    EU: <Osiris Scale> Too many disbanded guilds to list as of 07.2021 : (
    ~Blood For The Pact!~
    Be Kind and Be Well
  • DragonMind1st
    DragonMind1st
    ✭✭
    ...still can't believe you people think potion gulping bonus is a good mechanic. Have you ever played an Argonian?
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel Dunmer is still beating Khajiit in DPS by a significant average (0.5-1.5%) in any given class. In every tests done in most people, Dunmer is getting anything between 500-1k extra DPS at 50K DPS range. While I get that human error is possible, it is being seen in every test by different testers in different conditions. Dunmer make better healers, fairly good tanks with higher resources and flame resists. Don't you think, Dunmer is totally eclipsing Khajiit performance wise, in any given role?
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    I for one love the Dunmer change for my PvP DK. That passive will bring my stamina up to a good place without the need for tri stat food.
    vFG1 HM
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    Masel Dunmer is still beating Khajiit in DPS by a significant average (0.5-1.5%) in any given class. In every tests done in most people, Dunmer is getting anything between 500-1k extra DPS at 50K DPS range. While I get that human error is possible, it is being seen in every test by different testers in different conditions. Dunmer make better healers, fairly good tanks with higher resources and flame resists. Don't you think, Dunmer is totally eclipsing Khajiit performance wise, in any given role?

If You use words "significant average" and then You put the numbers 0,5-1,5% then You can not expect to be taken seriously. So dunmer is doing 1% more DPS but khajit have stealth passive , more health and more recovery ? Sounds balanced to me.

Do you even understand that the sustain is factored into DPS already? Remove the sustain and the gap becomes 2%+. The sustain is balanced by the fact by khajiit's lowest primary resources of all races. Going by the set bonus system, Dunmer's resources come out higher than khajiit's resources+recovery total.

1.5% may seem low to you. But the difference between raceless and Dunmer is 4%. THis means Khajiit is giving a 2.5% bonus to DPS while Dunmer is giving almost twice that.

You were the one complaining about Dunmer patch one. No wonder, you are happy being the stronger hybrid biased af.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Masel Thanks for the detailed response. I have a few comments and questions.

Altmer vs Dunmer: The difference in DPS was largely corrected when Dunmer got a max magicka increase, there wasn’t any need to remove Altmer sustain. I’d actually be fine if Dunmer had higher burst, and Altmer only beat them in a sustained fight (as it currently on live). Maybe this means bumping Altmer Spell Damage down to 200 and giving them back the Magicka restore, or 100-129 Magicka Recovery. It doesn’t make sense that Altmer Magicka sustain is worse than half of the races: behind Breton, Argonian, Imperial, Khajiit, and Redguard.

The off-resource return could be interesting on a hybrid build, and I could see it working well if added to Dunmer passives (without taking away anything, since it is a pretty niche passive).

As for Altmer healers, I don’t really expect to see a rise in them. Most healers don’t value spell damage, it’s more a game of sustain for them, based on how many orbs, buffs, and sometimes purges they can get out. If they wanted higher healing tool tips, sets like Samctuary and Healers Habit would be more popular. Healing is more of a support role.

What are your thoughts on the change from Crit Chance to Crit Dmg on Khajiit? It seems to me like the new value is a little low. They went from 114% of a Thief Stone to 77% of a Shadow Stone. I’m not sure if that’s a fair comparison, since the Shadow Stone seems overturned on PTS, but the drop of Khajiit DPS over the PTS cycle is noticeable. Maybe 12% Crit Dmg would be more balanced (possibly reducing Shadow Stone down to 11% to keep the peak Crit Dmg unchanged and prevent it from becoming the only Mundus Stone used).

For Breton, is the change to Spell Resistance intended to be a PVE survivability nerf? These status effects are rare in PVE, and definitely cannot be counted on. The introduction of RNG into a defensive passive doesn’t sit well with me. The question “will I survive this mechanic?” should never be answered with “were you lucky enough to get the 5% chance at a simultaneous burning proc to boost your defense?”. The 3960 may have been lower, but the reliability was much more valuable.

For Bosmer, you mention that you don’t like the dodge roll penetration bonus. I think most of the community agrees with this. Do you think there is a good chance of getting something more consistently useful?

Thanks
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...still can't believe you people think potion gulping bonus is a good mechanic. Have you ever played an Argonian?
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    @Masel Dunmer is still beating Khajiit in DPS by a significant average (0.5-1.5%) in any given class. In every tests done in most people, Dunmer is getting anything between 500-1k extra DPS at 50K DPS range. While I get that human error is possible, it is being seen in every test by different testers in different conditions. Dunmer make better healers, fairly good tanks with higher resources and flame resists. Don't you think, Dunmer is totally eclipsing Khajiit performance wise, in any given role?

It ain't as bad as you are making it seem though. I played around a bit more and while yes, the DPS is lower, that is not necessarily that bad. Khajiit is someway between the sustain races and the damage races in terms of DPS, being a bit closer towards the sustain races for the critical damage races. IMO, increasing the resources slightly to 1000 each and increasing the recovery to around 129 (half of the sustain races) and dropping health recovery (not that it ever matters) will a good balance as it will match their position as being midway between damage and sustain.
    Edited by susmitds on February 20, 2019 6:26PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that Liofa includes Orcs on the tank list, because I too feel that a lot of people overlook offtanks. Thematically the offtank role fits the Orc in gameplay and lore very well.
    Just on the lore side of things they are not quite defensive enough in comparison to Imperials. However that issue is far easier to ignore than say the missing stealth on Bosmer as they still have a defensive boost.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Masel I can run protective jewelry on an Orc, and have more mitigation and damage then a Nord using Infused. Nords are now good for one thing only and that's PvE tanking. Talk about pigeon holed.