Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bosmer Racial change that is illogical and unnecessary

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep - they are willfully ignoring us.

Bring on the novelty niche roll dodge builds, that's what they've relegated Bosmer to.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I was going to comment that the useless garbage passive is still a useless garbage passive, only a couple seconds longer.

I guess I can use 3 skill points for something else.

What a bucket of manure.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I responded one last time in the official PTS racial passive feedback thread but I'm in agreement. Garbage is still garbage no matter how long it stinks.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458572/i-love-the-new-changes-my-thoughts-4-3-3-pts#latest
    Wood Elves: The increase in penetration and movement speed duration will make them actually pretty good in PvP, still almost useless in PvE but them are basically a PvP race as they have always been

xoflRQA.gif
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't like it. I don't like the whole thought/process, forcing a very specific movement pattern and very specific style of play. You must roll dodge and immediately follow up with an attack. While that is sometimes a reasonable set of things to do, it is not always the best plan. Generally, if I am roll dodging I am trying to get away from something, I am not set up to then immediately attack someone. Or I am getting out of a CC, in that moment this works better, but still may not be ideal. Basically, I can see myself doing this in this very specific scenario, and thats it. And I really don't see this making me murder more faces than I already do without this passive. It just isn't useful nor helpful really.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't like it. I don't like the whole thought/process, forcing a very specific movement pattern and very specific style of play. You must roll dodge and immediately follow up with an attack. While that is sometimes a reasonable set of things to do, it is not always the best plan. Generally, if I am roll dodging I am trying to get away from something, I am not set up to then immediately attack someone. Or I am getting out of a CC, in that moment this works better, but still may not be ideal. Basically, I can see myself doing this in this very specific scenario, and thats it. And I really don't see this making me murder more faces than I already do without this passive. It just isn't useful nor helpful really.

Pretty much yes. Orc, redguard or imperial looks much more tempting now over bosmer. This penetration "passive" wich require something as time consuming and stamina costly is .....extremely meh.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Roboplus
    Roboplus
    ✭✭✭
    6 seconds too short.

10 seconds would have probably been too short.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or if your like me, a dodge roll is done strictly by accident. :) I don't think I ever have ever done a roll "on demand".
    Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact I have 20+ unused skill points on my Bosmer I would not put any points into this racial. And even then, I may not put any in just in protest of this bad racial.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same.
    edit to clarify: I actually do roll dodge quite a bit, but I will probably skip putting points into this passive because the roll-dodge for damage is silly and pretty pointless, and the counter-stealth is just insulting. I roll-dodge to get out of a bad place, and then use the fast movement (with hasty retreat) to reposition. I'm not usually doing much, if any, damage during that time.
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on February 11, 2019 9:17PM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    anadandy wrote: »
    I officially give up.

Don't. We can't afford it, mate :)

Sadly, this fight was lost even before we knew it started.
    Those who care about stealthy elves might have no other choice than getting back to older ES games, wait for ES6, or switch to an other universe.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    I officially give up.

Don't. We can't afford it, mate :)

Sadly, this fight was lost even before we knew it started.
    Those who care about stealthy elves might have no other choice than getting back to older ES games, wait for ES6, or switch to an other universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG25f13s2JA
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I will not fight. ;)

It is just that I am starting to get used to playing a MMO for three years before the devs decide to nuke my favorite toy. And as you guess, I started playing this game in 2016...

Also, we can easely prove the devs that they are wrong with roll dodging if it happen to be a bad move (I dont't think so, even if it would be an exageration to say that I am happy with it), but we cannot prove them that stealth detection is a bad move except by telling them. It will not impact gameplay, and thus, will never be visible. And judging by the number of not really useful powers and passives in game, It don't look to be the kind of thing that bother the devs.

But, yeah, if all I can do is manifest my disagreement on the forum for this years and the years to come, so be it. Again, I am starting to get used to this, and I have to much love fore the tinny stealthy elves to stop before I quit this game.
    #bosmersarestealthy
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    So the notes for update 4.3.3 are up and the Bosmer roll got a buff... And we still have stealth detection... /sigh

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458556/pts-patch-notes-v4-3-3#latest

For the rest of the weekend I took a break from the good fight on these forums. I planned on coming back tonight with good new, but it is as I expected unfortunately:
    Racial
    Wood Elf
    Hunter's Eye: Increased the duration to 6 seconds from 4 seconds. This is to make up for the buff applying immediately as you Roll Dodge.

This solves nothing, essentially. They are woefully ignorant. How utterly disappointing...
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh and thanks for pointing this one out. I voted, for whatever it's worth...
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One week left. I’m disheartened
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I jumped on the pts and went to race select. Bosmers are now described as having stealth detect.
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 12, 2019 9:34PM
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I jumped on the pts and went to race select. Bosmers are now describedcas having stealth detect.

:/

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah. I jumped on the pts and went to race select. Bosmers are now describedcas having stealth detect.

:/
    Yeah. I jumped on the pts and went to race select. Bosmers are now described as having stealth detect.

Garbage.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry everyone, I'm sure in another 3-5 years they'll unveil that awesome stealth plan they have! /s
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:'(
    Campos de oro
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From another thread. If you want to advocate to retain stealth gameplay in bosmers, I would suggest that second link.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I just sent in my comments and feedback. I'm tried of Stealthy Bosmer being punished because people are afraid of gankers. That wasn't my feedback, it was long and detailed :)
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I just sent in my comments and feedback. I'm tried of Stealthy Bosmer being punished because people are afraid of gankers. That wasn't my feedback, it was long and detailed :)

Yeah, I wish I knew about that link earlier myself. (Also wish I copied and pasted what I wrote there, here.)

Basically I pointed out stealth detect is pvp only. The whole passive line appears to be aimed at pvp and no other race has one like that. That stealth was a racial I wanted in a race when I made my character so many years ago. And that Zos or anyone else has done little to address our concerns.

I should have added links to the several threads here but ah well.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sooooooo getting permabanned.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sooooooo getting permabanned.

Oh no. What did you write? I tried to be as diplomatic about it as possible.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I misspelled "nincompoop," I failed to hyphenate "bone-headed," and I'm not entirely sure that "dundersnatch" is even a word. Well, those things and the 35 word sentence which was comprised of nothing but obscenities and 2 "a's," 1 "the," 1 "schnauzer," and 2 "stealth's." On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I spelled the obscenities correctly.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know wether to laugh or do a face-palm. Maybe both?
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know wether to laugh or do a face-palm. Maybe both?

I laughed at the absurdity of this change and faced-palmed myself so hard I cried.

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I spelled the obscenities correctly.

But more importantly, did you include you highly detailed dummy parse results and graduate school level mathematics? Because without that, feedback is useless.

Bitter like a fox!