Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I love the new changes!! (My thoughts) 4.3.3 PTS

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
First of all I'm gald they didnt listen to the overdramatic crowd of Orc being the only stamina race and deleting every other race from the game. I think orcs are great the way they are and it works that every race has a niche Orc being a very specialized stamina pure damage with no sustain.

Imperial changes: Love it now the passive is actually worth something

Khajit changes: They seem very nice but not sure how they will work in practice still excited to see

Wood Elves: The increase in penetration and movement speed duration will make them actually pretty good in PvP, still almost useless in PvE but them are basically a PvP race as they have always been

only downside is that they didnt change the useless altmer passive
Edited by Bigevilpeter on February 11, 2019 7:16PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does imperial new passive reduce ulti costs as well? It says all the things.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does imperial new passive reduce ulti costs as well? It says all the things.

yeah I think it means ulti as well
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY!! I can feel like my imperial stamblade main is gonna be worth keeping after the racial changes. Thank you ZoS!! :smiley:
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We may see now Imperial Stam DD, they got good sustain buff!
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typical mmorpg making 3% cost reduction.

Since I don't use 33 ability casts on a single fight it literally means nothing.

Buy 33 coffees get one free. :|

Edited by Red_Feather on February 11, 2019 7:05PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 2k + 258dmg w/ the powerful healing still seems a tad over the top. Need to see the new damage sims, I think it goes to reason that if Orcs are top or as good as top stam DD then it doesnt make sense that they get that with the huge healing.

But yeah, good potes in general. Would pote again.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did we really need new thread from you?
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Typical mmorpg making 3% cost reduction.

Since I don't use 33 ability casts on a single fight it literally means nothing.

Buy 33 coffees get one free. :|

I disagree, a lot of us have used Imperial as a damage spec in PvP and mostly played with basically just two stats as passives. The race changes had left imperials completely out gunned with all the other races that caught up in stamina and have good health as well, so giving imperial something even if it is 3% gives them an edge at least in something at some point. It could end up being a good passive. Many people play imperial for more than just having the best min maxed class.
    Edited by bpmachete on February 11, 2019 7:10PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial improving but that 2k stam should be 1750 Stamina and Magicka
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Maybe but they should get Magicka as well
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_Gilliam This!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not surprised by khajiit buff... after all:
    ZOS_Gilliam = GilliamTheRogue, former eso player, Khajiit Stamblade main....
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Scrubmydinner/videos
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial is still meh. It used to offer the highest stam/health stat pools in the game, so if you were going for max resource pools, there was a niche for imperial even as DD. Now it is not great for anything, just so-so. I'd also prefer to see the resource return reverted to just health. They don't need to be argonian-lite, they had their own identity with the health return.

Altmer really hosed, too, versus what's on live, but thankfully I only have one Altmer toon out of 15, and I rarely use that one.
    Edited by Pevey on February 11, 2019 7:49PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elves: The increase in penetration and movement speed duration will make them actually pretty good in PvP, still almost useless in PvE but them are basically a PvP race as they have always been

So in other words Bosmers need a complete redo of their racials and are in fact in a bad position. Gotcha.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they should get the magicka as well. The point of the racial balancing is to make some of the max stat passives be less impactfull over all so that there would be more options open.

An imperial could in theory now be a battlemage, not have that max magicka but have nice compensating health and stamina default allowing them to use less tristat glyphs if need be and putting on magicka gear. The difference will be there compared to a Breton, of course, but they would still actually do ok in PvP or role playing in PvE compared to before where they had no options.

The percent reduction is very nice in conjuntion with the toned down Red Diamond return, it will not be OP at all, and it will be unique and fits them rather well. Before it was like having a wasted passive, now they are nice is some ways.

The magicka is not needed, races no longer have stat percentage advantages just a flat stat that could be balanced with the sets they use. In PvP and role playing aspects, you always need to have some balance with health and stam, unless you are going for pure damage. It's true, Imperial will not be used for the max damage now in any aspect, but their sustain and veratility gives them a unique place in ESO, well deserved and still also will have a good tanking roll for PvE since no other race can boast this greatly improved Red Diamond passive.
    Edited by bpmachete on February 11, 2019 8:41PM
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

So in other words Bosmers need a complete redo of their racials and are in fact in a bad position. Gotcha.

Of all the ways I have tried to sum up the problem of the new racial for Bosmer, this illustrates it quite nicely.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 2k + 258dmg w/ the powerful healing still seems a tad over the top. Need to see the new damage sims, I think it goes to reason that if Orcs are top or as good as top stam DD then it doesnt make sense that they get that with the huge healing.

But yeah, good potes in general. Would pote again.

What powerful healing? 600 every 4 seconds = 300 health recovery that cannot be modified = 150 health recovery in PvP. Not so much powerful as it is unnoticeable.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should imperials get 2k or 1750 of mag stam and health?
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is this ok and something you think is actually good for the game?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc is still OP. Plenty of testing has been done that shows this.

Bosmer still suck.

Imperial finally got some love, although I'm still not sure what role they fill.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 12, 2019 1:59AM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that imperial made a move in the right direction. I don't know if it is enough to make me want to create one, but it seems usable now.

Bosmer passive isn't as bad as it was. 6 seconds of movement speed is actually pretty good. I am still pretending like the penetration passive doesn't exist, but at least it might increase my damage if I have to roll dodge during a trash pull. I would rather have 1000 health on my Bosmer though...

The 1000 health that the Orcs have is still a stand out passive IMO. Having that along with 2k stamina and the standard WD passive is too much, unless they give it to Altmer too. It would still put them a bit over all the other Stamina oriented races, but at least there would be precedent since there would be a similarly equipped magicka race.
    Playing since beta...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt understand the imperials they get 3% cost reduction for blocking and all skills and ultimates or just skills or just skills and ultimates?

What wouls be the tanking race then? Nords?

I dont understand orc are unchanged
  • WikiMeister
    WikiMeister
    ✭✭✭
    Imperials basically received a potentially very powerful, and niche, sustain buff in the most recent iteration of Red Diamond.

Basically, instead of having a portable "Seducer's Set" of 7% reduced magicka ability cost reduction like the Bretons, Imperials received something along the lines of a slightly tweaked down, Battlefield Acrobat/Alteration Mastery bonus in that EVERYTHING they do is 3% cheaper. I'm talking stamina abilities, magicka abilities, ultimate costs, sprint costs, block costs, the steak I ate for dinner last night, and my car's gas.

Imperial I can see being particularly formidable if you actually stack this universal cost reduction with things such as Templar's Restoring Spirit passive (4% cheaper all abilities), and Battlefield Acrobat/Alteration Mastery (5% cheaper all abilties).
    AU | NA-PC Beta veteran since 2014. Dies to 999+ latency.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials basically received a potentially very powerful, and niche, sustain buff in the most recent iteration of Red Diamond.

Basically, instead of having a portable "Seducer's Set" of 7% reduced magicka ability cost reduction like the Bretons, Imperials received something along the lines of a slightly tweaked down, Battlefield Acrobat/Alteration Mastery bonus in that EVERYTHING they do is 3% cheaper. I'm talking stamina abilities, magicka abilities, ultimate costs, sprint costs, block costs, the steak I ate for dinner last night, and my car's gas.

Imperial I can see being particularly formidable if you actually stack this universal cost reduction with things such as Templar's Restoring Spirit passive (4% cheaper all abilities), and Battlefield Acrobat/Alteration Mastery (5% cheaper all abilties).

I wouldn't waste a 5pc set like that on pure Regen. Strength of imperial will come utilizing various brawler builds, for basically any role. Want to frontline DD? Imperial stamplar is calling your name. Want to frontline heal? Magplar/magden imperial is calling your name with snb. Need to tank? Imperial hybrid sorc laying down faster ultimates.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual