Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign Rewards - Items / Mechanics

InvitationNotFound
InvitationNotFound
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Guys

I'd like to discuss a few things about campaign rewards. Both issues (items and mechanics) are bothering me quite a bit.

Lets start with the new rewards. I was expecting the new sets as jewelry for the campaign rewards (at least for the gold rewards).
Yet, it seems to be trash (armor). Has anyone received anything useful so far? Or am I the only one here who thinks that the new rewards are only trash?

At least the old rewards could be deconstructed or sold and were worth a little bit (or a bit more, depending on what it was). This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

The second issue bothers me a bit more. I wasn't aware of it. So when i encounter it for the first time, maybe a week or two ago, I've contacted the support. They told me that it is working as intended. Well, i think it is stupid af.

So here's the issue:
I've qualified 2 characters for the gold campaign rewards (top 2%) on Sotha Sil during the last AP event. After the campaign ended I just kept playing with one of them. So I immediately received the reward mails containing golden jewelry. And I kept on playing with that character.

Then the last update came, where they've changed the loot. Awesome loot, isn't it? (see above >_< )
And the time came to log in with my other character which has qualified for gold items. And what did I receive? The crap mentioned above. Some golden armor. Awesome.

So again, this is intended behavior according to the ZOS support. Are they serious? I mean does this look like intended behavior to any of you?

Is it intended behavior that players could qualify for gold items and claim the rewards at a later point when the rewards are better again? I mean, that could be abused and doesn't sound right at all.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you please confirm here that this is really how you think this should work? ;)
We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I don't play in Cyrodiil purely for the Campaign rewards at all , this sure is a great way to make even more of the ever dwindling PVP population wonder why they even bother.
    I'm so glad that I didn't aim for the top of the leader-board this month, I didn't put any effort in and played on multiple characters instead due to the ridiculous holiday event. And I think I'll do this from now on if the rewards are crappy gold armours that probably all come in horrendous traits.

As it stands, there is so little of any use that you can buy with AP, that if you don't love the PVP for the actual PVP itself (negligible if we can call it that with all the lagging and mass disconnects) then what reason do people have to keep Cyrodiil alive?

PVP should offer the same rewards as completing PVE content - Jewelry + Weapons.
    PVPers spend a whole Month trying to get their rewards, whereas it takes an hour to get the equivalent rewards from a Veteran Trial (which you can also repeat immediately after for more gold rewards).
    It's so skewed it's ridiculous.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a look again yesterday. There are actually weapons in the rewards (besides armor). Yet, there is only 1 single item that would be of interest (and the difference between blue, purple and gold is a joke anyway (sale value of the item) - talking about spell strategist inferno staff).

And no, that doesn't really make it better.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not worry about rewards. The point of campaign rewards / rewards for the worthy is not to give players usable, let alone useful items. Base game gear has to be mostly garbage in order not to compete with paywalled gear, because that would kill DLC/expansion sales. But garbage reward is still a reward, everyone likes getting rewards, so ZOS, which is by now staffed by rabid disciples of Burrhus Skinner, gives them out in large volumes to keep players playing (login rewards anyone?) and by the way waste a lot of inventory space to promote ESO+ sales (it is well known and widely abused fact in videogambling industry that players especially hate _losing_ rewards they got, for example because they have no space to keep them).
    Edited by JamilaRaj on February 2, 2019 10:43AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @InvitationNotFound

According to https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Campaigns the Top 2% Players per Alliance receive 15,000 gold + 5 Legendary Items, so not necessarily jewelry. Weapons are rare anyway, both the end campaign rewards and the RotW containers seldom have weapons and mostly Armor in them. I agree the rewards are lackluster, I still don't understand why they didn't reintroduce Master Weapons for PvP like we had in 2014. Spell Strategist Inferno staves in particular sold well though after they were introduced.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @InvitationNotFound

According to https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Campaigns the Top 2% Players per Alliance receive 15,000 gold + 5 Legendary Items, so not necessarily jewelry. Weapons are rare anyway, both the end campaign rewards and the RotW containers seldom have weapons and mostly Armor in them. I agree the rewards are lackluster, I still don't understand why they didn't reintroduce Master Weapons for PvP like we had in 2014. Spell Strategist Inferno staves in particular sold well though after they were introduced.

They changed the rewards to jewelry a while back. No armor, no weapons. Just jewelry. Guaranteed.

I do not see a reason why they switched back to armor / weapons with the last update...

Addons:
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @InvitationNotFound

They changed the rewards to jewelry a while back. No armor, no weapons. Just jewelry. Guaranteed.

I do not see a reason why they switched back to armor / weapons with the last update...

Must have missed that. Seeing that armor drops so commonly from RotW it indeed would make more sense if the campaign rewards were weapons and jewelry excusively.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards for end of campaign are total trash for an end-game pvp players imho. I get what ? Gold jewelry ? Well yeah, after all those pvp double AP events I already have like 90% of all of them. Even the ones that I problay wont need. And the rest I can just upgrade to gold quality. So basically those rewards only give you some gold & gold jewelry crafting mats. There are much better and faster ways to get gold and jewelry upgrade mats.
    Imho the end of campaign rewards should give something better, something more significant. Something that will keep us playing. I think they should bring back Master Weapons, along with other Weapon altering skill sets. At this point there is so many of them combained that people will have to play a lot to get what they want (because RNG).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 7, 2019 9:03AM
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they never reintroduce master weps in rotw, those need to be farmed not dropped on pure rng.
    Edited by jaime1982 on February 17, 2019 12:30AM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, my rewards were absolute garbage this last time (One purple spell strat shoulders. Sweet). Definitely not impressed. I definitely didn't push as hard this campaign. Why bother? I can't compete with the people who either account share or sit in Cyrodil 18 hours a day, pounding energy drinks and zerging. Now I play just enough to get transmute crystals on each character, then enjoy playing one or two more fully throughout. That was not one of their better decisions of late.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was excited to at least get some purple jewelry to deconstruct in several toons because it is so hard to find jewelry mats. Wrong. Just a bunch of crappy gear. Spell strategist bow, really?