Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Curse Eater Really Strong

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Pelican wrote: »
    just in case you guys have not seen what curse eater can do

A set that is supposed to remove 2 effects per 2 seconds is removing 2 effects. Shown on a video staged in such a way that the removal happens instantly after the effects are applied.

Now, im not saying this can not happen otherwise - but in a real fight, it is just as likely that the removal would have happened after being CC-ed for 2 seconds(which means the CC would have been broken by CC break manually long before the set had a chance to remove it).

Basically, the second video is showcasing a set which has a cooldown - without showcasing the cooldown. And then claims it is really OP. Well, no ***.
    Honestly, seeing you defend this set should tell us all about how broken it is. I haven't ever seen you not defend a broken set. Is it really that hard to see the broken nature of a set like this?

Drop that ad hominem *** please.

And yes, it is really hard to see the broken nature of a set that is not broken. Certainly not more than other sets which we already have in the game.
    To be honest you make it hard not to, because you seem to be immune to reason. After sloads and snipe, you are now also defending this.

Efn snipe has been in game for FIVE YEARS without anyone having a problem with it, before some newbies started to whine about it recently. FIVE YEARS it has been fine!

And suddenly it such a big problem? Where is the REASON in that?!? But I'M the one immune to reason? Hogwash.
    There are many broken sets in the game already which need changed. Why you bring this up as an argument is beyond me.

Because if blessed meridia can exist without losers crying about it daily, then so can curse eater. Both sets are only potentially problematic in duels. Blessed meridia problem has been solved by not using it in duels, no need for a nerf campaign. So why can't curse eater? Because you losers can't stop whining, if it is not this it is that, even five year old if needed, and then we end up with sets like knightslayer that no one uses, like soldier of anguish that no one uses. How you dont see this is beyond me.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler For Curse Eater, perhaps 1) increase cooldown to 4 seconds, or 2) remove mag restore to target cleansed but increase number of effects removed to 3.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Y'all need to educate yourselves before posting a complaint thread.

It's proc is a universal cooldown, meaning that ONE person can potentially receive a cleanse of two effects every 2 seconds.

Do you know how easy it is to apply negative effects in this game? One light attack with double DoT poison will inflict THREE debuffs on an enemy player (siphoner, poison). So this set will purify TWO out of THREE effects from a light attack.

If you're in a ground snare (which reapplies the snare every 1s), this set will cleanse that and one other effect every 2 seconds.

If you're playing with 2 friends and the enemy using an AoE debuff (say shalk Fracture), this set will remove that one debuff over the course of 6 seconds at best.

This set isn't even strong enough to warrant using over something like transmutation/meritorious/whatever. Educate yourselves.

People complaining about the set seriously underestimate the amount of debuffs a character typically has on it at any given time while fighting.

Like i poster earlier, i tried to use the 2-debuff-cleanse version of my templar's cleanse, and it felt like i was not having a cleanse at all. I went back to the 5-debuff cleanse, and i quickly got into the habit of using it twice in a row, or it still wont remove everything.

I agree, especially during sieges.

Although ESO counts "seconds" extremely quickly based on the effect timers, the sheer amount of DoTs+snares+debuffs applies means a whole group will never be completely cleansed by this alone. It just helps augment heavy armor purging healbots in zergs slightly, which may not be needed but isn't the real issue with said healbots.

Also, and this is key, purging doesn't grant immunity from the effect being reapplied, so in large-scale combat those DoTs+snares+debuffs are going to be reapplied just as quickly as they are removed. Catapults people. Catapults.

We may run into issues with attrition soloists/duelists gathering sustain from this set and making life harder for DoT builds, but the counter in such a situation would be to hard CC + burst damage even if this set didn't exist.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    It might spell the end of the need to run magplars in PvP. Or at least no need to run circle.

@Vapirko

Actually, I see this set as more a complementary piece of a heavy armor magplar healer toolkit.

The 2 effect purge in itself is insignificant, but it becomes meaningful when I combine it (and the recovery) with purge spam + ritual + mutagen.

In a siege, the effect is therefore not to cleanse the group in any permanent sense, since the DoTs+snares+debuffs will just be reapplied right away. Rather, the purpose of the set would be to reduce the sum total of seconds in which a group is, on average, damaged/snared/debuffed. But the set only achieves significance, to my mind, when applied with other cleanses.
    Edited by waitwhat on January 28, 2019 11:17PM

"30s to eval"
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler For Curse Eater, perhaps 1) increase cooldown to 4 seconds, or 2) remove mag restore to target cleansed but increase number of effects removed to 3.

You could also reduce the effects removed to 1, but per enemy.

That would make the set weaker in situations where it is overperforming(1v1), while simultaneously make it stronger in situations where it is underperforming (multiple attackers applying debuffs).
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could also reduce the effects removed to 1, but per enemy.

That would make the set weaker in situations where it is overperforming(1v1), while simultaneously make it stronger in situations where it is underperforming (multiple attackers applying debuffs).

I think that's a balanced suggestion.

The Meridia's Blessed discussion reminds me why dueling doesn't have a leaderboard: If someone thinks peacocking at the wayshrine with that set earns them bragging rights, I can get them a great deal on an enchanted string of pearls.

"30s to eval"
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    It might spell the end of the need to run magplars in PvP. Or at least no need to run circle.

@Vapirko

Actually, I see this set as more a complementary piece of a heavy armor magplar healer toolkit.

The 2 effect purge in itself is insignificant, but it becomes meaningful when I combine it (and the recovery) with purge spam + ritual + mutagen.

In a siege, the effect is therefore not to cleanse the group in any permanent sense, since the DoTs+snares+debuffs will just be reapplied right away. Rather, the purpose of the set would be to reduce the sum total of seconds in which a group is, on average, damaged/snared/debuffed. But the set only achieves significance, to my mind, when applied with other cleanses.

If they have to keep reapplying the same effects while you have a free hand to set up burst combos and get ahead in the GCD fight then I would say that the advantage is definitely with you. The issue with this set isn't just that it breaks certain builds in a 1v1. It's also that it's another fire and forget proc skill that is mindlessly easy to apply. The fact that it's more OP than original Sloads is just icing on the cake.

And people can still call out the new Curse Eater and think that Blessed Meridia is a garbage set that should be deleted from the game. I was very disappointed to see that the PTS notes today didn't include ZOS completely reworking this set. Better that it never becomes a viable set than introduce another unbalanced set.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A set that is supposed to remove 2 effects per 2 seconds is removing 2 effects. Shown on a video staged in such a way that the removal happens instantly after the effects are applied.

Now, im not saying this can not happen otherwise - but in a real fight, it is just as likely that the removal would have happened after being CC-ed for 2 seconds(which means the CC would have been broken by CC break manually long before the set had a chance to remove it).

Basically, the second video is showcasing a set which has a cooldown - without showcasing the cooldown. And then claims it is really OP. Well, no ***.
    Honestly, seeing you defend this set should tell us all about how broken it is. I haven't ever seen you not defend a broken set. Is it really that hard to see the broken nature of a set like this?

And yes, it is really hard to see the broken nature of a set that is not broken. Certainly not more than other sets which we already have in the game.
    To be honest you make it hard not to, because you seem to be immune to reason. After sloads and snipe, you are now also defending this.

Efn snipe has been in game for FIVE YEARS without anyone having a problem with it, before some newbies started to whine about it recently. FIVE YEARS it has been fine!

And suddenly it such a big problem? Where is the REASON in that?!? But I'M the one immune to reason? Hogwash.
    There are many broken sets in the game already which need changed. Why you bring this up as an argument is beyond me.

Because if blessed meridia can exist without losers crying about it daily, then so can curse eater. Both sets are only potentially problematic in duels. Blessed meridia problem has been solved by not using it in duels, no need for a nerf campaign. So why can't curse eater? Because you losers can't stop whining, if it is not this it is that, even five year old if needed, and then we end up with sets like knightslayer that no one uses, like soldier of anguish that no one uses. How you dont see this is beyond me.
    No one ever whined about snipe in the past few years? It has been fine for 5 years? No one complained about blessed meridia? (Wear this set in duels for about an hour and see if you can make it through without hate whispers) So because a set is only OP in a few aspects of the game, we should just ignore that and call it a day? NO ONE uses knightslayer? There is so much wrong in your reply it would be folly to even try to change your mind. I guess I will keep being a 'loser' and 'newby'. Have fun applying major defile every 1 second to solo players from the safety of your zerg ;)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one ever whined about snipe in the past few years? It has been fine for 5 years? No one complained about blessed meridia?

Where are the multiple 10+ page threads crying for meridia nerfs? Where are the multiple 10+ page threads snipe nerf threads from one year ago? Two years ago? Three years ago? Nowhere.

Yet suddenly, snipe is single-handedly destroying the game, if some of these recent whine threads are to be believed.
    Why hasn't it destroyed the game in 2017? It was the exact same snipe back then!
    So because a set is only OP in a few aspects of the game, we should just ignore that and call it a day?
    If it is only OP in certain circumstances(duels), and can be easily avoided in those circumstances(agree to not use it in duels), then yes, you can just ignore it. Just like people have been doing re: meridia for years by now.
    NO ONE uses knightslayer?
    I play ESO in cyrodiil exclusively, and i haven't been hit by a knightslayer proc in the last year+ even once.
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol. [edited to remove profanity]
    Very easy to find threads from 2016 about snipe causing health desyncs.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2566006#Comment_2566006
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3075714#Comment_3075714

Here, this one is from 2014.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1171145#Comment_1171145

As for Curse Eater I don't know if it's OP or not, but it does seem noticeably stronger than another set with the same function, Wyrd Tree.
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on January 29, 2019 3:29PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »

Lol. Bullsh*t.
    Very easy to find threads from 2016 about snipe causing health desyncs.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2566006#Comment_2566006
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3075714#Comment_3075714

Here, this one is from 2014.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1171145#Comment_1171145

All of them are complaining about health desync bugs, not about snipe as a skill(like you see nowadays).
    I will heartily agree with you that health desyncs suck, and should be fixed (for everything, not just snipe).
    Zekka wrote: »
    As for Curse Eater I don't know if it's OP or not, but it does seem noticeably stronger than another set with the same function, Wyrd Tree.

That's true, but only because wyrd tree is really bad. I mean, when was the last time you ran into someone using it?
    At least its better than knightslayer(i DID run into a wyrd tree user once).
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one ever whined about snipe in the past few years? It has been fine for 5 years? No one complained about blessed meridia?

Where are the multiple 10+ page threads crying for meridia nerfs? Where are the multiple 10+ page threads snipe nerf threads from one year ago? Two years ago? Three years ago? Nowhere.

Yet suddenly, snipe is single-handedly destroying the game, if some of these recent whine threads are to be believed.
    Why hasn't it destroyed the game in 2017? It was the exact same snipe back then!
    So because a set is only OP in a few aspects of the game, we should just ignore that and call it a day?
    If it is only OP in certain circumstances(duels), and can be easily avoided in those circumstances(agree to not use it in duels), then yes, you can just ignore it. Just like people have been doing re: meridia for years by now.
    NO ONE uses knightslayer?
    I play ESO in cyrodiil exclusively, and i haven't been hit by a knightslayer proc in the last year+ even once.
    The forums are not the deciding factor for whether or not something is being complained about. But I will even go so far as to agree with you that the forums are vulnerable to trends. I will not deny that there is a bandwagon syndrome that many people love to hop on to. Snipe however, and I should be more specific because I'm solely talking about lethal arrow (other morph is fine imo), has been complained about on the forums AND in game ever since I play this game (since beta).

If you ever frequent small scale pvp and ask people which skill is their most hated, a lot of them will say snipe. You can be completely fine fighting outnumbered with good coordination, movement and skillful play. Then one or two complete muppets start spamming lethal arrow, completely destroying your healing and forcing you to spam dodge and sprint, trying to get into cover. Putting you in MASSIVE trouble with absolutely zero effort. Then you add other zergling cheese such as draining shot and you can already tell what will happen.

The only reason you have been seeing more nerf snipe threads is because with all the mobility and speed nerfs, it has become increasingly hard to counter it. The counter to snipe spam is LoS and movement, and murkmire destroyed our mobility, putting us on a massive resource strain by having to spam a speed skill every 4 seconds, all the while fighting against snare and root spam AND dealing with snipes adding major defile and easy mode burst to it. This all just inflated the issue even more. But lets not continue talking about snipe because been there done that and its off topic.

You obviously see less nerf meridia threads, because who the *** even cares about duelling. This doesn't however mean it is not broken and it also shouldn't be ignored because "just ban it". It just has a lower priority over other things like bleeds and lethal arrow.

Curse eater however, apart from what that dev said, is insanely potent even outside of duelling. That is where it becomes problematic. Many of my friends who are experienced and skilled pvp'ers are considering to run this set on their characters, EVEN on stamina characters. And you know why?! Since movement and mobility got destroyed, this is now THE go to for getting rid of OP bleeds, defile and perma root cancer that is being spammed on you by zergsurfing muppets. Just the fact that it can remove a cc at the exact moment it is applied is broken OP.

As for knightslayer. YOU brought that up. I didn't. I never said knightslayer is gamebreaking OP. I just laugh at how you say no one uses it, when the last legend duel tournament was won by cheescake stamsorc who used torugs + knightslayer on a werewolf and killed his opponent eith light and heavy attack spam. Such skillful play. Such good set design.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums are not the deciding factor for whether or not something is being complained about.

There hasn't been a truly overpowered ability in the history of MMO's that hasn't been massively complained about on the forums, from the point of its introduction all they way to the point when it got nerfed. You barely heard about snipe on this forum for years - until the recent nerf train. With no changes to snipe in-between. That should tell you something.
    Curse eater however, apart from what that dev said, is insanely potent even outside of duelling.

The set effectively removes one effect per second. It is easy to apply more than one effect per second, even with just one attacker. Add another attacker, and the set's ability to cleanse is overwhelmed. Add another, and the set becomes increasingly irrelevant.

So no. It is not insanely potent outside of dueling.
    As for knightslayer. YOU brought that up. I didn't. I never said knightslayer is gamebreaking OP. I just laugh at how you say no one uses it, when the last legend duel tournament was won by cheescake stamsorc who used torugs + knightslayer on a werewolf and killed his opponent eith light and heavy attack spam. Such skillful play. Such good set design.

The sorc won the tournament because he was abusing a bug where enchants were triggered by WW bleed, compounded by torug reducing the proc rate to 2 seconds. He could have replaced the knightslayer by his grandma's oversized underwear and still win. I still stand by my statement that its not being used in general pvp.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The forums are not the deciding factor for whether or not something is being complained about.

There hasn't been a truly overpowered ability in the history of MMO's that hasn't been massively complained about on the forums, from the point of its introduction all they way to the point when it got nerfed. You barely heard about snipe on this forum for years - until the recent nerf train. With no changes to snipe in-between. That should tell you something.
    Curse eater however, apart from what that dev said, is insanely potent even outside of duelling.

The set effectively removes one effect per second. It is easy to apply more than one effect per second, even with just one attacker. Add another attacker, and the set's ability to cleanse is overwhelmed. Add another, and the set becomes increasingly irrelevant.

The sorc won the tournament because he was abusing a bug where enchants were triggered by WW bleed, compounded by torug reducing the proc rate to 2 seconds. He could have replaced the knightslayer by his grandma's oversized underwear and still win. I still stand by my statement that its not being used in general pvp.
    As I suspected you heavily cherrypicked my post and ignored completely the section where I explain how snipe is now being complained about more than ever. Whereas I adressed all your points. Anyway, I have said what I wanted to say. I am done with this.
    Edited by Koensol on January 29, 2019 11:35AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I suspected you heavily cherrypicked my post and ignored completely the section where I explain how snipe is now being complained about more than ever. Whereas I adressed all your points. Anyway, I have said what I wanted to say. I am done with this.

If snipe was truly overpowered, it would not have stayed under the radar for years.

People are complaining about snipe now because it is the lattest hottest nerf train thats cool to join. After it passes, it will be dragonknight wings. No wait, that one already started.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If snipe was truly overpowered, it would not have stayed under the radar for years.

People are complaining about snipe now because it is the lattest hottest nerf train thats cool to join. After it passes, it will be dragonknight wings. No wait, that one already started.

Hasn´t snipe already been complained about in 1.5 - meaning pre CP system because it was already desyncing ppl back then?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Hasn´t snipe already been complained about in 1.5 - meaning pre CP system because it was already desyncing ppl back then?

Im trying to differentiate between the complaints about desyncs, and complaints about snipe as a skill.
    Desync complaints are entirely justified("i got hit by four snipes at once"). Snipe ones, not so much( "you can just stand behind melees and snipe!").
    Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2019 11:56AM
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    I wonder how many class reps knew to stock up on these buffed pvp sets that were literally just offered in the cyro vendor as gold jewelry before the entire game knew about the changes coming. Seems a bit dishonest to me to allow a practice like that to go on if it did.

And yeah, the set is a bit strong. Already have heard that its the go-to for rapid spammers in zergs to start using this set instead now.

considering they are not compensated for their time with real money I think this is a fair trade.

Now stop with the noise!

No, that is not a fair trade. It's a volunteer role, you don't volunteer and then look for ways to take advantage of inside information. That would be unethical. And thanks to seeing people like you try to cover for them by saying things like stop with the noise, that now encourages me.

There should be zero tolerance on this topic. ZoS honestly should pull up stats and see if any given reps or employees stocked up on certain sets to profit and remove them from the role.

The sets are available to anyone for almost nothing in price. The stats between purple and gold are marginal at best especially when the 5th piece is not a flat value added.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I wonder how many class reps knew to stock up on these buffed pvp sets that were literally just offered in the cyro vendor as gold jewelry before the entire game knew about the changes coming. Seems a bit dishonest to me to allow a practice like that to go on if it did.

And yeah, the set is a bit strong. Already have heard that its the go-to for rapid spammers in zergs to start using this set instead now.

considering they are not compensated for their time with real money I think this is a fair trade.

Now stop with the noise!

No, that is not a fair trade. It's a volunteer role, you don't volunteer and then look for ways to take advantage of inside information. That would be unethical. And thanks to seeing people like you try to cover for them by saying things like stop with the noise, that now encourages me.

There should be zero tolerance on this topic. ZoS honestly should pull up stats and see if any given reps or employees stocked up on certain sets to profit and remove them from the role.

The sets are available to anyone for almost nothing in price. The stats between purple and gold are marginal at best especially when the 5th piece is not a flat value added.

You missed out on fred/I calling him out on his tin-foil conspiracy he made up lol.

But back to topic, I still want to see a full 1v1/3v1 fight using curse eater. None of this "let me spam my cc every 2 seconds instead of layering up dots/debuffs to overshadow the purge" junk passed as evidence lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have had to remove a few comments for being insulting, inappropriate or otherwise non-constructive.

Please remember to keep conversation civil and take a moment to review our
    Community Rules here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @sharee

The entire basis of all ur arguments makes no sense. For starters the issues with snipe aren't new but even if it were, it would still not make it balanced. Something being balanced before doesn't make it balanced now. Things change over time that affect different things in many ways.

Yes, certain sets being broken in only a few aspects of the game doesn't make them balanced because they are not broken in every aspect of the game. If I had a set that instantly killed any character you have it wouldnt make it balanced cause it's useless against everyone else. Meridia, knightslayer, shieldbreaker aren't balanced and sure as hell curse eater isn't balanced either. Even if it was only op in duels, which is not cause ur reasoning as to why the set isn't good in anything other 1v1 also fails.

You keep repeating the same things in every thread seemingly ignoring everything people say to you and then u wonder why people say that you are immune to reason. Well that would be why but the irony is that you can't even realize that because you are actually immune to reason.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 29, 2019 4:43PM
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find no issue with curse eater.

Oh wow I'm gonna cry about a purge every 2 seconds.

So let's make it so that only Magicka classes can wear this set, and some clown is gonna say well it's only for Magicka classes. RIP. No anyone can use this set Stam or Magicka.

Yes I understand that this set will purge every 2 seconds when u heal. I get that. Have you taken into consideration on these changes of rapids and bleeds just for starters?????

Coming from a player that plays most mag classes I think this set will benefit solo and small scale. Large scale not so much.

Only changes I would make to this set and that's to balance it out would be to some how lock it to Magicka based characters to prevent stamina based characters from using this set.

And maybe go 3 seconds, instead of 2.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Even if it was only op in duels, which is not cause ur reasoning as to why the set isn't good in anything other 1v1 also fails.

How about you elaborate on this a bit instead of just saying that "my reasoning fails" without providing any reasoning as to why that is so yourself.

A CP character doing a light attack+low slash+bash will apply three guaranreed debuffs every second(siphoner, maim, snare), with a 33% chance of a 4th debuff(ensnare). This already taxes the curse eater ability to remove one debuff per second.

Add another attacker applying debuffs, and the ability of the set to cleanse is seriously overwhelmed.

Add another attacker, and we are at 10+ debuffs applied per second, at which point the set's ability to remove one per second becomes virtually irrelevant.

This is my reasoning that according to you "fails". I on the other hand think it is pretty much obvious.

Also, i never said the set isn't good in anything other than 1v1, i said it does not overperform in anything other than 1v1. That's a difference.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix damn set. Otherwise pvp will be more bad then it's now.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if it was only op in duels, which is not cause ur reasoning as to why the set isn't good in anything other 1v1 also fails.

How about you elaborate on this a bit instead of just saying that "my reasoning fails" without providing any reasoning as to why that is so yourself.

A CP character doing a light attack+low slash+bash will apply three guaranreed debuffs every second(siphoner, maim, snare), with a 33% chance of a 4th debuff(ensnare). This already taxes the curse eater ability to remove one debuff per second.

Add another attacker applying debuffs, and the ability of the set to cleanse is seriously overwhelmed.

Add another attacker, and we are at 10+ debuffs applied per second, at which point the set's ability to remove one per second becomes virtually irrelevant.

This is my reasoning that according to you "fails". I on the other hand think it is pretty much obvious.

Also, i never said the set isn't good in anything other than 1v1, i said it does not overperform in anything other than 1v1. That's a difference.

It was already mentioned to you in a different thread but like i said, you seemingly ignore everything just to repeat the same things over and over again. Just because you can "outdebuff" the set, it doesnt mean that its useless or balanced or whatever it is you think it is. In every single thread you are like, "hey when you have 10 debuffs on you it wont do you any good so the set is not that good" when the funny thing is, the prevalent of all those debuffs is exactly why the set is freaking OP. The ability to purge is probably the strongest defensive tool in the game and its so unique to the point where only templars have access to a normal purge (alliance war purge is too expensive). This set is freaking spamming purges on you just for having a hot. Hell, the fact alone that it can remove cc makes the set broken and you even defended its abilities to remove cc.

I could understand "defending" the concept of the set like removing debuffs and dots even at its current state althought it is still broken since it can shut down entire classes, but defending a set that can literally cc break for you? Nah, you went full potato.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 29, 2019 10:45PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was already mentioned to you in a different thread but like i said, you seemingly ignore everything just to repeat the same things over and over again. Just because you can "outdebuff" the set, it doesnt mean that its useless or balanced or whatever it is you think it is. In every single thread you are like, "hey when you have 10 debuffs on you it wont do you any good so the set is not that good" when the funny thing is, the prevalent of all those debuffs is exactly why the set is freaking OP. The ability to purge is probably the strongest defensive tool in the game and its so unique to the point where only templars have access to a normal purge (alliance war purge is too expensive). This set is freaking spamming purges on you just for having a hot. Hell, the fact alone that it can remove cc makes the set broken and you even defended its abilities to remove cc.

I could understand "defending" the concept of the set like removing debuffs and dots even at its current state althought it is still broken since it can shut down entire classes, but defending a set that can literally cc break for you? Nah, you went full potato.

You throw around a lot of hyperboles but you still did not explain how exactly randomly removing two debuffs every 2 seconds out of the 10+ on you (being refreshed every second) is "freaking OP".

About the only thing i can agree with from the above quote is that debuffs are prevalent, while cleanses are not. Which is the whole point why this set has been introduced. To, and i quote from the dev tracker, "give players more cleansing tools". Clearly, ZOS believes that there are not enough ways to combat the large number of debuffs players are regularly bombarded with. And i concur.
    Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2019 11:00PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You throw around a lot of hyperboles but you still did not explain how exactly randomly removing two debuffs every 2 seconds out of the 10+ on you (being refreshed every second) is "freaking OP".

About the only thing i can agree with from the above quote is that debuffs are prevalent, while cleanses are not. Which is the whole point why this set has been introduced. To, and i quote from the dev tracker, "give players more cleansing tools". Clearly, ZOS believes that there are not enough ways to combat the large number of debuffs players are regularly bombarded with. And i concur.
    Your argument about not enough cleansing tools is completely irrelevant with what im saying. Sure i agree too that solo players need a bone to deal with all the sh*t but that is not an excuse for this set to exist in its current state.

If you cant understand why removing snare after snare, dot after dot, root after root, debuff after debuff without essentially doing anything other than having a hot on you then im not sure about ur experience in PVP. Shrugging off tons of dmg that would otherwise kill you, waste ur opponents resources, keep you moving, save you resources and the list goes on. It has the possibility to shut down entire classes and it can literally cc break for you which again is enough on its own to make the set broken. And i repeat, all that is without actually having to do anything other than having a hot running. And it gives sustain, because why the hell no, right? Its not like it wasnt overloaded already. If nothing of all that sounds OP to you then again, im not so sure about ur experience in PVP. Its freaking passively spamming for no resources the most unique and probably powerful templar ability on you every 2 seconds. Like, what other explanation do you need?

But here is the thing, even if you still for some weird reason dont understand all that well seriously all you had to do is ask urself one thing. Either everyone is stupid, or you are just wrong. Someone that can see reason at least would do that. Dunno about you.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 29, 2019 11:34PM
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭

Yeah everyone was complaining about there not being purges that other classes can use, that templars get 5 taken off and now they are livid about there being a set that clenses for you as you heal. I understand when Stamina min maxrs get this it will help them but at least they made the set magicka based.

I don't know what to make of this set. With the lack of stats this patch I would think about if I can slot it; if a stamina class uses it they will have almost no stamina and in magicka terms maybe for nightblade and sorc. Magicka NB can cloak for days and the dots won't do damage while they become a shadow, the magicka sorcs maybe could use it but be solo, cause if they put a heal over time, for it to be a free clense of 2 abilities it can only hit one target and rapid regen hits other people where you would help others and nothing for you... some cloackstamblades could use it but then they would be extremely weak and more like mosquitoes avoiding being crushed... maybe a couple of good stamblades can use it, but with reduced stats this patch I think they would be loosing on a lotnof sexy damage and be annoying pretty much.
    Edited by bpmachete on January 29, 2019 11:26PM
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've already started the phase out process for ESO so I won't have any withdrawal when this becomes a thing. It was fun great campaigns; if I want to play burst damage wars I'll play an fps. B)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And i repeat, all that is without actually having to do anything other than having a hot running.

That is not so much different from applying debuffs.

They are often applied completely passively (wizard's riposte, durok's bane), by simply standing near the target(fasalla's guile), or by doing things that the attacker would be doing anyway, so the debuff is 'free' (warmth snare from ardent flame skills, twin sisters bleed from blocking, siphoner from light attacks, etc. etc.).
    Edited by Sharee on January 30, 2019 11:41AM