Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Curse Eater Really Strong

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see any discussion on the changes today.

The change to direct heal is good. The change to 3 effects is okay.

I would have rather it not be able to be combined with other Curse Eater sets and the cooldown be about 5 seconds.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The changes seem pretty reasonable. I'm not sure what actually count as "direct healing abilities" though.

Burst heals like BoL obviously do. But what about the first tick of HoTs? Or staggered burst heals like Cauterize--does every heal proc it or only the initial heal?
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, the set is dead now...
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

Well if they cant balance a set and their only options are either garbage or broken OP its not our problem.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has It’s uses but I doubt people pick it up. Requires a direct heal and increased the time.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purge should be made to be caster-only or caster+1 ally. The 8 second cooldown makes the affecting allies component way too random and unreliable.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    has It’s uses but I doubt people pick it up. Requires a direct heal and increased the time.

8 seconds isn't that long. It will still be enough to allow me to shrug off the Defile from each Incap, for instance. And the direct heal requirement is fine if you're running it for yourself, not a group. Direct heals are all over the place. Even Entropy has a direct heal.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Even Entropy has a direct heal.
    This is all I needed to know. :smiley: So glad I kept the gold jewelry for this set.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8 seconds isn't that long. It will still be enough to allow me to shrug off the Defile from each Incap, for instance. And the direct heal requirement is fine if you're running it for yourself, not a group. Direct heals are all over the place. Even Entropy has a direct heal.

In 8 seconds you can get 15+ debuffs on yourself... The set is useless now. If they are going to make it proc with an 8 seconds cd, it should proc on hots too...

The CD is just too long now to be viable for any build...
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+1

Heh. I keep saying, ZoS should know better by now. The community will never let them add any kind of set that would alter the established meta.

Edit: they may as well just leave it the way it is on the live server.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on February 5, 2019 1:15AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol it is long when you consider you have to give up a set bonus for it, the amount of debuffs applied, having to slot a specific heal just to get it to proc and it becomes pretty meh outnumbered now.

You don’t know what you’ll shrug off , don’t know how many times I have to stress this game isn’t a series of 1v1s. There’s no point to pickup the set now unless you’re a magblade and even then that’s pushing it when you consider how much they’ll lose to run this set.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on February 5, 2019 1:32AM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol it is long when you consider you have to give up a set bonus for it, the amount of debuffs applied, having to slot a specific heal just to get it to proc and it becomes pretty meh outnumbered now.

You don’t know what you’ll shrug off , don’t know how many times I have to stress this game isn’t a series of 1v1s. There’s no point to pickup the set now unless you’re a magblade and even then that’s pushing it when you consider how much they’ll lose to run this set.

I'm a templar, I'm very well acquainted with a purge not purging what you want it to, and getting every reapplied to you immediately anyway. But given that you don't have to slot anything specific to proc Curse Eater (at least on many builds), it still seems to me that it's likely enough to be a strong defensive option that it's worth testing.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one is going to be using the set now. Another useless set to decon.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a templar, I'm very well acquainted with a purge not purging what you want it to, and getting every reapplied to you immediately anyway. But given that you don't have to slot anything specific to proc Curse Eater (at least on many builds), it still seems to me that it's likely enough to be a strong defensive option that it's worth testing.

This set purge is worse (cc the only thing going for it) compared to 5 debuffs being removed, on top of a Cooldown. A Templar has to slot that skill, sure, but it’s a normal skill on a Templar’s bar so no sacrifice is really being made. Can’t say the same thing for someone that’s putting on the set just for the purge. A purge that’s not going to purge when you want it to I should add.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This set purge is worse (cc the only thing going for it) compared to 5 debuffs being removed, on top of a Cooldown. A Templar has to slot that skill, sure, but it’s a normal skill on a Templar’s bar so no sacrifice is really being made. Can’t say the same thing for someone that’s putting on the set just for the purge. A purge that’s not going to purge when you want it to I should add.

Didn't they buff the sustain? So it's not a purge set but kinda a mixed sustain/purge set.

Granted, till they nerf penetration/DMG/defense sets, no one outside of really niche builds are going to run this set.

Edit:
    It's 3 purge instead of 2. mag return is 600 but locked behind an 8 seconds cooldown so it's really 75 mag per second or 150 effective mag Regen .

Still useless as the set doesn't know what it wants to do o. Do I be a Regen set or a purge set? In my opinion, keep the cooldown but drop the purge to one. Then when you purge a debuff, get there following:
    - 1000 mag. That's about 128 mag per second
    - 100 SD for 8 seconds
    - defensive buff (crit resist, resistance, flat percentage reduction, etc.)

This way you are "eating" curses and getting nourishment from it in the form of tri-role stats; sustain+DMG+defense. Now the set becomes this interesting stat buff set and stops being this ugly set that people either wanted to abuse or ignore with overwhelming the target with debuff stacking.
    Edited by Minno on February 5, 2019 4:20AM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not worth it now... You have to wait 8 seconds to purge 3 debuffs that can be reapply to you the second after you purge them...

The CD is simply just too long to be viable now... As I said before, in 8 seconds you get at least +15 debuffs on yourself. The set is useless...
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Didn't they buff the sustain? So it's not a purge set but kinda a mixed sustain/purge set.

Granted, till they nerf penetration/DMG/defense sets, no one outside of really niche builds are going to run this set.

The whole point of the set was the constant purging, nobody cares about the sustain. Without the constant purging, it's a useless set...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The whole point of the set was the constant purging, nobody cares about the sustain. Without the constant purging, it's a useless set...

See my edits. There's ways to make it interesting without just becoming another useless purge set. You have to see the argument against what curse eater was on pts week one which was a set that ignores the reasoning why they kept nerfing Templar purge; cost.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but that’s not really appealing. Because if someone wanted sustain they’d probably pick up something else. People liked the set because of the purge aspect, the sustain was a bonus. At this point the sustain is probably more valuable which defeats the purpose of buffing the set.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun fact: the new curse eater now on average purges one debuff every 3 seconds, which is roughly the same as wyrd tree(CE: 0.375 cleanses/second, wyrd: 0.333 cleanses/second). We know how popular wyrd tree is.

Even the devs realize this is useless, if you read between the lines of the patch notes:

"In these changes however, we wanted to ensure the set was still worth using so we increased the values of return and outcome."

In other words, a purge set that is not worth using for the purge. It will be tied in popularity with soldier of anguish.
    Oh, another fun fact: they did not increase the return. Before it was 150 magicka every 2 seconds, now it is 600 magicka every 8 seconds, which is identical.
    Edited by Sharee on February 5, 2019 8:08AM
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the stamina nerf brigade won once again. To make this fair give ranged magblade a class/destro snare removal or change skills like Forward Momentum from "provides a brief immunity to snares and immobilization" to "provides you or an ally a brief immunity to snares and immobilizations. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds" xD
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    This set should have been redesigned to be a healer/support set that has difficulty stacking with itself.

Instead, it is now a trash set that should read "once every 8 seconds, remove 1-3 effects from a random ally and give them 150 regen." It's basically Wyrd Tree, if you're okay with not even knowing who is going to receive the benefit (and barely anyone runs Wyrd Tree).

They really should have changed it so it did something better, like add group debuff resistance (similar to Beckoning Steel buff) or something. Clearly they nor the community believed a passive cleanse could ever be balanced, so they should have removed it entirely and done something else.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just leave the set alone. What’s the point in revamping a set that no one really uses to another set that no really uses?

What a colossal waste of time and effort. LoL
    Edited by ChunkyCat on February 5, 2019 2:41PM
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to thoose that hoarded Gold jewelry of this set to sell :) Now not worth more than other set only used for decon to get Gold mats.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I feared, over nerfed... sad, the bleed/snare cancer will stay strong...

Typical, everyone screams so loud about *** they actually just saw a propaganda video on. Suddenly everyone tested it and knows for sure it's overpowered and joins the drama club... as if.. What happens, instead of a reasonable adjustment to a set, zos panic nerf it to the ground. Welcome to the pts! xD
    Edited by Blackleopardex on February 5, 2019 3:14PM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Please ZOS this is going to be the best set for PVP tank.

The set already got a huge nerf, so leave at least 4 sec cooldown.

In 8 sec as a tank you get A LOT dots. The set will be useless with 8sec cooldown.

Is this set only procs on allies or on ourselves ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silent majority is content with this change. That set was Earthgore on steroids so glad to see another OP proc set get toned down to a reasonable degree
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    The silent majority is content with this change. That set was Earthgore on steroids so glad to see another OP proc set get toned down to a reasonable degree

No, as it turns out this was a journey in Developer nihilism. People were paid actual fiat currency to take a set that no one used (i.e. nothing), jack around with it and waste people's pts time, twice, to end up with a set that is essentially useless, given the long CD. It is Wyrd Tree in light. It is...nothing.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a sample from a normal raid in combat vs another raid (about 15 of us vs an opposing 15 + about that same number of random others on both sides):

Column #1:Seconds in Combat / Column #2: Negative Effects on Me

1 0
    2 0
    3 0
    4 4
    5 7
    6 9
    7 14
    8 9
    9 7
    10 11
    11 14
    12 9
    13 9
    14 4
    15 14
    16 18
    17 17
    18 17
    19 8
    20 5
    21 9
    22 11
    23 10
    24 15
    25 14
    26 8
    27 5
    28 7
    29 7
    30 6
    31 1
    32 0
    33 0
    34 6
    35 11
    36 19
    37 18
    38 19
    39 17
    40 12
    41 7
    42 16
    43 0 DEAD
    44 0 DEAD
    45 0 DEAD

The average number of debuffs in combat ranges up to 19. There are periods of combat where for 4-5 seconds it gets close to 20, and for a solid fifteen seconds other than a lingering ritual, it didn't drop much below 10. This is normal for a fight, and I'm playing a MagPlar who can hit lingering ritual often enough!

Removing 3 negative effects every 8 seconds is completely useless. I understand that the whinging of the DoT/Bleed builds made this set change from what was REASONABLE for raids to use, but it's now completely wasted and will likely be used the same amount as before this patch (meaning not at all).

@ZOS_GinaBruno It is very apparent that the people making decisions are listening to the vocal minority of bleed/dot build duellists rather than actually looking at how negative effects occur in combat. There's a reason that raids need a purge-monkey (an honourable position of high sustain whose only job is to cast purge). This set, as it was before allowed that purge monkey to actually do something other than build for spamming one button.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Here's a sample from a normal raid in combat vs another raid (about 15 of us vs an opposing 15 + about that same number of random others on both sides):

Column #1:Seconds in Combat / Column #2: Negative Effects on Me

1 0
    2 0
    3 0
    4 4
    5 7
    6 9
    7 14
    8 9
    9 7
    10 11
    11 14
    12 9
    13 9
    14 4
    15 14
    16 18
    17 17
    18 17
    19 8
    20 5
    21 9
    22 11
    23 10
    24 15
    25 14
    26 8
    27 5
    28 7
    29 7
    30 6
    31 1
    32 0
    33 0
    34 6
    35 11
    36 19
    37 18
    38 19
    39 17
    40 12
    41 7
    42 16
    43 0 DEAD
    44 0 DEAD
    45 0 DEAD

The average number of debuffs in combat ranges up to 19. There are periods of combat where for 4-5 seconds it gets close to 20, and for a solid fifteen seconds other than a lingering ritual, it didn't drop much below 10. This is normal for a fight, and I'm playing a MagPlar who can hit lingering ritual often enough!

Removing 3 negative effects every 8 seconds is completely useless. I understand that the whinging of the DoT/Bleed builds made this set change from what was REASONABLE for raids to use, but it's now completely wasted and will likely be used the same amount as before this patch (meaning not at all).

@ZOS_GinaBruno It is very apparent that the people making decisions are listening to the vocal minority of bleed/dot build duellists rather than actually looking at how negative effects occur in combat. There's a reason that raids need a purge-monkey (an honourable position of high sustain whose only job is to cast purge). This set, as it was before allowed that purge monkey to actually do something other than build for spamming one button.

2 effects every 2 seconds would have changed that barrage of debuffs?

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.