Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curse Eater Really Strong

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I wonder how many class reps knew to stock up on these buffed pvp sets that were literally just offered in the cyro vendor as gold jewelry before the entire game knew about the changes coming. Seems a bit dishonest to me to allow a practice like that to go on if it did.

And yeah, the set is a bit strong. Already have heard that its the go-to for rapid spammers in zergs to start using this set instead now.

considering they are not compensated for their time with real money I think this is a fair trade.

Now stop with the noise!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I wonder how many class reps knew to stock up on these buffed pvp sets that were literally just offered in the cyro vendor as gold jewelry before the entire game knew about the changes coming. Seems a bit dishonest to me to allow a practice like that to go on if it did.

And yeah, the set is a bit strong. Already have heard that its the go-to for rapid spammers in zergs to start using this set instead now.

considering they are not compensated for their time with real money I think this is a fair trade.

Now stop with the noise!

No, that is not a fair trade. It's a volunteer role, you don't volunteer and then look for ways to take advantage of inside information. That would be unethical. And thanks to seeing people like you try to cover for them by saying things like stop with the noise, that now encourages me.

There should be zero tolerance on this topic. ZoS honestly should pull up stats and see if any given reps or employees stocked up on certain sets to profit and remove them from the role.
    Edited by xaraan on January 24, 2019 6:40PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now stop with the noise!

No, that is not a fair trade. It's a volunteer role, you don't volunteer and then look for ways to take advantage of inside information. That would be unethical. And thanks to seeing people like you try to cover for them by saying things like stop with the noise, that now encourages me.

There should be zero tolerance on this topic. ZoS honestly should pull up stats and see if any given reps or employees stocked up on certain sets to profit and remove them from the role.

lol you make it sound like the reps are robbing your 401k or something.

It's a game, chill out lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now stop with the noise!

Something being a game doesn't mean it doesn't matter and unethical behavior should be allowed.

I guess you would be a cheat engine apologist as well.

Games should be fair to players, that's the point of a game having rules to begin with. We also spend money on this game. And play to have fun, games not being fair usually hamper the fun.

Stop trying to straw man it. It's unethical and should not be tolerated. End of discussion, no matter how little you want to make it sound.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Now stop with the noise!

Something being a game doesn't mean it doesn't matter and unethical behavior should be allowed.

Games should be fair to players, that's the point of a game having rules to begin with. We also spend money on this game. And play to have fun, games not being fair usually hamper the fun.

Stop trying to straw man it. It's unethical and should not be tolerated. End of discussion, no matter how little you want to make it sound.
    Just to be clear: We're talking about a hypothetical that you made up in the first place. Lmao.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Now stop with the noise!

Just to be clear: We're talking about a hypothetical that you made up in the first place. Lmao.

I'm glad someone else saw the logic in my response lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now stop with the noise!

Well people in the know did post prior to this info that reps were buying unnamed sets knowing what was down the pike.

This in of it self is morally dubious; however the implications are numerous.

1. Reps are fully aware of the set's power; if it was balanced why buy this particular set?
    2. Why did the set get this far without being tweaked?
    3. What other actions do people take based upon insider knowledge?

Not saying any of this took place (well I know the basic premise did), however, the concern is that these actions rise doubts in player's minds.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now stop with the noise!

Well people in the know did post prior to this info that reps were buying unnamed sets knowing what was down the pike.

1. Reps are fully aware of the set's power; if it was balanced why buy this particular set?

Not saying any of this took place (well I know the basic premise did), however, the concern is that these actions rise doubts in player's minds.
    That thread was based on pure speculation/hearsay and you and a bunch of other tinfoil hatters are already talking as if these things actually happened. There are gazillion other more interesting conspiracy theories you can indulge in if you enjoy being detached from reality, but stop accusing class reps of stuff like this without concrete evidence please.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now stop with the noise!

Just saying that's up to ZOS and the reps. Not worth wasting time getting angry over something you can't control, especially in something that is purely digital like a video game and has no bearing on your impact in real life.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Jim6270
    Jim6270
    ✭✭
    I know this set is about bleed builds. But this will hurt every mag sorc and every DK (stam or mag don't matter) because everyone and their mother will run this set.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jim6270 wrote: »
    I know this set is about bleed builds. But this will hurt every mag sorc and every DK (stam or mag don't matter) because everyone and their mother will run this set.

Even if it was about bleeds, there's a skill everyone has access to. Balancing it should be the answer, not adding a set that would just enable permablock and troll builds. But ZOS and others want to defend the set, so I say that ZOS let it reach live. PvP will probably die in a day.
    Options
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    If the set would just apply for snares and roots it would be a great healing/support set for organized pvp Guild Groups.
    as it is atm it is just to OP in solo/smallscale Gameplay.
    In my opinion the set should be the way to get around the nerf on rapids for organized pvp Groups (8-12man) if the really want to Change it. I still dont get why you want to introduce a set, just to nerf one skill. That doesnt solve the whole Problem. It just gonna make new Problems and wont help anyone.
    procing a set isnt more skilled than using rapids. You gonna have to rework the whole System in the Long term in my opinion.

Btw. when did there start to be complains About Speed??? i think that was summerset, Maybe i am wrong, but you should take a look what you changed till now-or nerfed till now.

GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Diundriel wrote: »
    If the set would just apply for snares and roots it would be a great healing/support set for organized pvp Guild Groups.
    as it is atm it is just to OP in solo/smallscale Gameplay.
    In my opinion the set should be the way to get around the nerf on rapids for organized pvp Groups (8-12man) if the really want to Change it. I still dont get why you want to introduce a set, just to nerf one skill. That doesnt solve the whole Problem. It just gonna make new Problems and wont help anyone.
    procing a set isnt more skilled than using rapids. You gonna have to rework the whole System in the Long term in my opinion.

Btw. when did there start to be complains About Speed??? i think that was summerset, Maybe i am wrong, but you should take a look what you changed till now-or nerfed till now.

It clearly isn't designed with that purpose in mind as of now, at least. Not that I'd want it to.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Even if it was about bleeds, there's a skill everyone has access to.
    If that's a reference to Efficient Purge, then: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, oh dear, hahahahahaha <wipes tears from eyes> hahahahahaha.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even if it was about bleeds, there's a skill everyone has access to.
    If that's a reference to Efficient Purge, then: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, oh dear, hahahahahaha <wipes tears from eyes> hahahahahaha.

Yeah, but they could always have changed it to a better skill. Having to cast it is still better than someone getting an auto-cleanse every 2 seconds. But that's not even the problem I have with the set, the magicka return shouldn't be there honestly. The game is getting to the point where you will be able to stack many sources of mag return that work while blocking. I know exactly how I'm gong to be using that set if its unchanged. Can't wait :D
    Edited by Kadoin on January 25, 2019 9:14AM
    Options
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see this is going to be too strong in PVP but it still needs to be useful in PVE so the changes need to keep that in consideration as we do not all play PVP.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
    Options
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, as a solo-player/small-scaler I have to say that something like the curse-eater change was needed. Now it's already been established that the set is over-preforming but not to the extent some of you make it seem. Like for example this ridicules stun spam videos, they are pure propaganda if you ask me, I mean common. That said, as stated by zos something will be done and something should be done. However I wanna suggest something similar that has been mentioned that seems to be the the balanced nerf without making it useless in the constant snare/bleed meta we have these days:

Current:

2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

My suggestion:

5 – When you heal yourself or an ally with a direct heal or the first tic of a healing over time ability you remove two negative effects from them. If two negative effects was removed this way you restore 200 Magicka. This effects can occur every 2 seconds.

This way the stun removal from yourself will be impossible, so will the constant purging without actually doing anything about it.
    I also added "two" negative effects to the magicka recovery proc with a greater reward(+50 mag), it's not a huge change but that can be the case after getting marked or something similar that comes in one debuff at a time. Yes it's not often, but if it happens, in that case you just would not get magica back. I think all over since you now have to actually use a skill to proc the set, it's a fair change to increase the magicka restored.

All honestly, I hope this set does not see a too hard nerf because this counter is something we need.
    Edited by Blackleopardex on January 25, 2019 11:38AM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, as a solo-player/small-scaler I have to say that something like the curse-eater change was needed. Now it's already been established that the set is over-preforming but not to the extent some of you make it seem. Like for example this ridicules stun spam videos, they are pure propaganda if you ask me, I mean common. That said, as stated by zos something will be done and something should be done. However I wanna suggest something similar that has been mentioned that seems to be the the balanced nerf without making it useless in the constant snare/bleed meta we have these days:

Current:

5 – When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

My suggestion:

5 – When you heal yourself or an ally with a direct heal or the first tic of a healing over time ability you remove two negative effects from them. If two negative effects was removed this way you restore 200 Magicka. This effects can occur every 2 seconds.

This way the stun removal from yourself will be impossible, so will the constant purging without actually doing anything about it.
    I also added "two" negative effects to the magicka recovery proc with a greater reward(+50 mag), it's not a huge change but that can be the case after getting marked or something similar that comes in one debuff at a time. Yes it's not often, but if it happens, in that case you just would not get magica back. I think all over since you now have to actually use a skill to proc the set, it's a fair change to increase the magicka restored.

All honestly, I hope this set does not see a too hard nerf because this counter is something we need.

But if its like that I won't be able to permablock on my mag warden on live...You just want to nerf everything fun don't you!?

Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Reminder that this set currently is overtuned since it is too easy to proc for any player, and it is too easy to stack the effects.

It feels like it should be a healer set, where a healer can wear it and benefit his allies (but not every DPS player running it). In its current state, one healer wearing it in a group is not even a powerful effect in a group vs. group effect (2 cleanses removed every 2 seconds in a 6v6 or 12v12 or 12v24 is nothing).

Recommending it have an increased cooldown is not a good solution. Ideas like giving it a longer cooldown per player affected or making it require active healing done (instead of HoTs, although I still think 2 cleanses per 2 seconds when 1 healer is wearing it is not worth runnigg!) make this set a viable option for healers without making it broken.

mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Reminder that this set currently is overtuned since it is too easy to proc for any player, and it is too easy to stack the effects.

It feels like it should be a healer set, where a healer can wear it and benefit his allies (but not every DPS player running it). In its current state, one healer wearing it in a group is not even a powerful effect in a group vs. group effect (2 cleanses removed every 2 seconds in a 6v6 or 12v12 or 12v24 is nothing).

Recommending it have an increased cooldown is not a good solution. Ideas like giving it a longer cooldown per player affected or making it require active healing done (instead of HoTs, although I still think 2 cleanses per 2 seconds when 1 healer is wearing it is not worth runnigg!) make this set a viable option for healers without making it broken.

i agree Maybe 3 effects every 3 seconds but nerfing it to hard will Maybe make it useless
    Our Vids:

Characters:
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
    Options
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs cant help themselves. Take a step forward with rapids nerf, two steps back with curse-eater buff. We heard that the pve and pvp combat teams are now one entity so stuff like this shouldn't be happening now.

No set should just offer you free purges without doing anything. Similar to how proc sets shouldnt play for you but I guess there's no putting that back in the bag.

This mechanic needs to be scrapped for something completely different on curse-eater. I dont feel you can appropriately balance a free passive purge.
    Joined September 2013
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    The devs cant help themselves. Take a step forward with rapids nerf, two steps back with curse-eater buff. We heard that the pve and pvp combat teams are now one entity so stuff like this shouldn't be happening now.

No set should just offer you free purges without doing anything. Similar to how proc sets shouldnt play for you but I guess there's no putting that back in the bag.

This mechanic needs to be scrapped for something completely different on curse-eater. I dont feel you can appropriately balance a free passive purge.

I really hate it when people refer to this stuff as free. It is not free. It costs you one of your 5 piece bonuses that could be used for something else. This applies to proc sets as well. Now they might be strong or even OP, but they are NOT free. This set also requires you to use a HoT that you might not otherwise run, so it also potentially costs a bar slot.

I am not commenting on the merits of this set. Admittedly, when reading the patch notes, this was the one that kinda jumped off the page at me. I agree that it has the potential to be situationally very strong, and after a few weeks of testing, very well might need toned down. But calling it free is simply false.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 25, 2019 6:41PM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hate it when people refer to this stuff as free. It is not free. It costs you one of your 5 piece bonuses that could be used for something else. This applies to proc sets as well. Now they might be strong or even OP, but they are NOT free. This set also requires you to use a HoT that you might not otherwise run, so it also potentially costs a bar slot.

I am not commenting on the merits of this set. Admittedly, when reading the patch notes, this was the one that kinda jumped off the page at me. I agree that it has the potential to be situationally very strong, and after a few weeks of testing, very well might need toned down. But calling it free is simply false.

The question is how big that opportunity cost really is in some cases. The 2 to 4 bonuses are good, and so the downside isn’t actually that great.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

The question is how big that opportunity cost really is in some cases. The 2 to 4 bonuses are good, and so the downside isn’t actually that great.

Did I say otherwise? You can certainly have proc sets that overperform when the tradeoff is trivial, but there is still a tradeoff. Hence, it is NOT free. All I am saying.
    Options
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭

Current:

My suggestion:

But if its like that I won't be able to permablock on my mag warden on live...You just want to nerf everything fun don't you!?

I don't want it nerfed, but i also don't want it nerfed to hard, meaning we need a viable option since zos has stated they will change it ;)
    Options
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    just make it so it doesnt proc on yourself, just allies. so it would become a healer set
    Edited by Diundriel on January 26, 2019 2:50AM
    Our Vids:

Characters:

Options
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    just make it so it doesnt proc on yourself, just allies. so it would become a healer set

no
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No.
    Options
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question would be: why this set should be healer only? Why to take something very useful away from solo players, who already are in disadvantage against bigger groups, who have dedicated healers with them and much more possible dots to toss on a solo player opponent?

If the argument that supporting "Curse-eater for healers only" is that some builds would have disadvantage with current PTS version of the set what comes with 1 vs 1 combat situation, I see this argument strange, because developers already have stated that set will be tweaked, so it will not have the same impact on duels after adjustments are done.
    (Can't say more since we don't know yet what kind of changes they're actually going to make.)

Also doesn't healers already have better sets to pick up from, when considering group gameplay, especially in PvP?
    How useful this set actually is going to be, if it would be "healer only set"? Enlighten me please.

If this set becomes "healer only set," developers are taking away a counter from solo players, which would've made PvP experience much more tolerable against the cheese which has been plaguing PvP for years.
    Edited by Fiktius on January 26, 2019 5:17PM
    Options