The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so is this place like a jungle?

There' some jungle in the south but most of it is sandy desert. Like one enormous cats' litter tray.

I always wondered how that sand became warm. Now, I'm afraid I might find out.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

To be honest the most obvious thing about this game is that its set before a dragon break. Which will...alter events into what we know from up to skyrim.

However even if they didn't it is not..."impossible" that more than just parthunnax survived the blades. Dragons are extremely intelligent. Provided its just one or two at max. The blades were quite thorough in that era.

It is also possible that we would be moving backward in time potentially for the encounter (through jone and jode etc as they are aedric beings they'd need only make a request of akatosh and bam pretty much).

We should also reserve judgement till we've actually played it and even if we didnt its tough because if this game never leads up to a dragonbreak and there are way more dragons then it means bethesda chose to retcon them or at least to some extent as the devs run everything by them for lore reasons.

A thing to note lore wise is Akatosh is the Dragon God of TIME any future or past lore could be alternate from the time line ESO is on without breaking a word of lore
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the first page with two new images (see Update 2 at the bottom).

And it seems like more streamers got the tablet:

Guess: the tablet will be the "statue" of this year's collector edition and come with a handy stand.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 8, 2019 9:03AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Updated the first page with two new images (see Update 2 at the bottom).

And it seems like more streamers got the tablet:

Guess: the tablet will be the "statue" of this year's collector edition and come with a handy stand.

All I want is that letter.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    I was wondering why Rich Lambert was on Twitter being pre-emptively passive-aggressive and liking tweets like these

RgpGy94.png

I can't speak for Lambert, but I like this one, because this is the standard response to what a studio does. There is only one path for a studio to take to make things right, and no matter what path they choose, it isn't the right path.
    Lake wrote: »
    aXeDiEZ.png

ZOS constantly hears about how ESO is dead, dying, or will die. It is a joke when it is said, and one that I am not afraid to exploit, from time to time, in some sarcastic or sardonic response to the forum.

People get this idea in their head about how things must be done, and when ZOS does something different, then it is time to turn off the lights and lock the doors. It is like the Shatner scene from Airplane 2.

When ZOS announces the 2019 development goals, and those announcements are compared to the fantasy world that the forum has created around datamining, it will be interesting to see how much backlash there is. There is a high risk that some of what people are now expecting ZOS to do will be way more exciting than what ZOS actually does. It all depends on how accurate the fantasy world matches reality, and which parts of the fantasy world are not included in reality.

Remember that ZOS is a studio that paces itself. They will have only been working on this Chapter for about a year, concept to delivery, and there is just so much that they can put into it in that amount of time. The 2019 Chapter will be comparable to Summerset in size, scope, and price. That means that there will be stuff ZOS is not going to do in 2019. Corners will be cut.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter

"They will have only been working on this Chapter for about a year, concept to delivery"

Really? That short a timescale? Khajiit would have assumed that the concept or at least a plan of probable concepts would have been in place much earlier.

This one is just curious because she might have bumped into someone most randomly at some time about a year ago and asked if we could go to Elsweyr. The someone they laughed and did not say yes and they did not say no.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, in their Creative Director's Letter it sounded like 2019 is going to be a very special year for ESO. Not just because of the 5 year anniversary, it sounded like they planned quite some exciting stuff. That's at least the vibes I got from that letter.

They won't achieve this with another Chapter in the style of Morrowind or Summerset. A new class is great, Elsweyr sounds promising and the dragon involvement sounds cool. But if it's just the same copy and paste scheme of their usual zones with new stories and landscapes it won't work. ZOS has to step up their game when it comes to features and development and that's what I expect. If 2019 will be identical to 2018 it will be very disappointing... and lame.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, in their Creative Director's Letter it sounded like 2019 is going to be a very special year for ESO. Not just because of the 5 year anniversary, it sounded like they planned quite some exciting stuff. That's at least the vibes I got from that letter.

They won't achieve this with another Chapter in the style of Morrowind or Summerset. A new class is great, Elsweyr sounds promising and the dragon involvement sounds cool. But if it's just the same copy and paste scheme of their usual zones with new stories and landscapes it won't work. ZOS has to step up their game when it comes to features and development and that's what I expect. If 2019 will be identical to 2018 it will be very disappointing... and lame.

I think the season-long story arc revolving around dragons is what they were refering to. I wouldn't get my hopes up about anything else.
    Unless Elsweyr is absolutely massive - and I expect many impassible areas again - it will be pretty much like Summerset. It's also telling that they are listing "dragons" as a feature, when Morrowind at least had battlegrounds to go with the new class. For that reason I also assume Elsweyr will be at Summerset's price point instead of Morrowind's.

TBH, right now I'm much more curious about the Q1 update, which we know absolutely nothing about and should be available much sooner.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razum-dar is from Elsweyr, yes? It would be nice to learn more about Raz so hopefully he will be doing a visit in the next chapter.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter

"They will have only been working on this Chapter for about a year, concept to delivery"

Really? That short a timescale? Khajiit would have assumed that the concept or at least a plan of probable concepts would have been in place much earlier.

This one is just curious because she might have bumped into someone most randomly at some time about a year ago and asked if we could go to Elsweyr. The someone they laughed and did not say yes and they did not say no.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I am taking a SWAG, based on comments from the development team over the years, mixed with personal insight. When things are done on an annual cadence, while attempting to optimize development resources, there are certain factors that I would tend to expect.

When I say "about a year", I mean "not less than 12 months, but not more than 18." There is a considerable amount of variability, depending on how much work they interleave with other work, how detailed they want to be prior to starting (vs "winging it"), and other things. I also do not know lead times, available resources, and resource loads. All of that I have to guess at, and their environment is not mine, so that is all it is. Guesses. I have never laid out a modern game for development, and I have no special knowledge of what ZOS does or how they operate. I expect they read this and laugh. :smile: Hopefully, they don't read this and get worried. :scream:

As for your bump... I am assuming that when they sat down and decided to do Chapters, they laid out all the Chapters through at least 2021. This is why I am expecting a Big Deal to be made about the TES 5 anniversary, as this would be a natural set of bookends for such a Plan. This initial Plan would include locations, titles, and general story ideas, but would hesitate to include things like classes, battlegrounds, or skill lines. Those things are more tactical and can be added to the Plan later. In the past, I have referred to this Plan as something scribbled on Lambert's office white board.

So, while we may have said "we want Elsweyr" on the forum in mid 2018, they may have known we were going there more than a year before Morrowind was released. Maybe late 2015? It is hard to say. It is safe to say that the person you bumped into knew, though. Remember that look on their face. It will be handy if you find yourself on any future espionage missions. :smile:
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

I think the season-long story arc revolving around dragons is what they were refering to. I wouldn't get my hopes up about anything else.
    Unless Elsweyr is absolutely massive - and I expect many impassible areas again - it will be pretty much like Summerset. It's also telling that they are listing "dragons" as a feature, when Morrowind at least had battlegrounds to go with the new class. For that reason I also assume Elsweyr will be at Summerset's price point instead of Morrowind's.

TBH, right now I'm much more curious about the Q1 update, which we know absolutely nothing about and should be available much sooner.

That's what I meant. I am fine with the Chapter just offering a new class and that's it.

But if the other DLCs this year don't introduce proper features it will be VERY lazy from ZOS side. Morrowind had a class AND battlegrounds. Summerset already had less than that with just a skill line and a profession. If Elsweyr will offer just a class and nothing else it's even less than we got in Summerset. I don't count the addition of dragons as a feature at all. Sloads weren't a feature neither, right?

@lordrichter I think everything until Murkmire was planned out in the first years of ESO. They haven't deviated that much from their initial plan when it comes to new zones (remember the announcement video from of 2014 or 2015 where they showed us 4, 5 zones they had planned? I think they'll done with that now).
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 8, 2019 2:20PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • fojo82
    fojo82
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the "unexpected" climax will be a huge time jump to where we can start using dragons.
    Options
  • fojo82
    fojo82
    ✭✭✭
    What strikes me is that

Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

I'm just gonna wait for more details. Hoping the "Dragons" part is very few dragons as end of quest or dungeon bosses. There just aren't that many dragons around at this time for a horde of dragons to make any sense. Also having them in Elsweyr seems really odd.

I also find it odd that dragons and also necro is being added alongside the khajhit Homeland.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fojo82 wrote: »
    I also find it odd that dragons and also necro is being added alongside the khajhit Homeland.

Honestly, Necromancy has nothing to do with Elsweyr, in my mind. It was the same with Warden and Battlegrounds, which really did not need to be with Morrowind, but just happened to be included.

As for Dragons, that is a wait-and-see. Might be related to Elsweyr, might be coincidental, might not be related at all.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Data mining is pathetic.

People do it for internet points. Crap like this was so much more exciting when you got clues, and people talked about it and rumors would come and go.

it's the same the people that blitz to the end of a game when it releases the whine there is nothing to do. Wait for them to release the information and be excited over it.

I think ZoS should just start naming stuff incorrectly to throw people off.
    Options
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Q1 update is the chapter that’s why it’s late.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's the same the people that blitz to the end of a game when it releases the whine there is nothing to do. Wait for them to release the information and be excited over it.

No, it's not.

The players who do this are the guys who take the time to break down the game completely so we can all understand it better through sites like uesp.net and others. I appreciate their collective efforts.

Data mining online rpgs goes back at least to the 90s. Devs are well aware that any new content they introduce to player clients will be observed by probably thousands of curious players. ZOS chose for this information to be observed.

ZOS knew players would find this. This thread is basically part of the marketing campaign. It's not coincidental that streamers received marketing swag in the mail at around the same time and there's an announcement scheduled.
    Edited by zyk on January 8, 2019 4:14PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

It's the second week of January. This hardly constitutes as "late" :smile:
    Options
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data mining is pathetic.

People do it for internet points. Crap like this was so much more exciting when you got clues, and people talked about it and rumors would come and go.

I think ZoS should just start naming stuff incorrectly to throw people off.

This is my last hope for Necromancers being introduced as a skill rather than a class. There's no way a magic subschool specialist deserves an entire Class named after it. It's best introduced as a Skill Line. Illusionists, Alterers, and Conjurers would deserve to be added as Classes before Necromancers as those at least represent full schools of magic.

2017 brought us the Housing system
    2018 brought us the Outfitting system and Jewelry crafting
    2019 so far has no indication of any new game mechanics that all characters can make use of.

A new class doesn't benefit my well-seasoned 15 toons. A boss by a different name is still just a boss, so dragons do nothing for me. As much as I'd <3 to see Elsweyr, a new region isn't enough for me to buy a new Chapter. So far, it all sounds like name-dropping without any real substance. This year is ESO's 5 yr anniversary and they said it was going to be amazing... Well get to see soon if there is any truth to that on the 15th during the sneak peak but so far, I've not seen anything to get me to buy into the hype.

If they really want to Wow me, they need to bring a massive new feature that all classes can benefit from. Spellcrafting is the most asked for and most logical choice. Spellcrafting would include everything people have been asking for. It would include Necromancy as its just a subschool of Conjuration. Best case scenario for everyone would be if they've been secretly working on introducing Spellcrafting and announce it during their reveal on the 15th, then explain that Necromancy will be a part of it as one of the new magical Skill Trees. If a new class were introduced with that, it would be best done as one that gets great synergy with the Conjuration and Necromancy skill trees. Without that, there just wouldn't be enough reason to introduce yet another spell casting class... it would step on sorc's toes far too much making neither class unique.
    Edited by Ertosi on January 8, 2019 4:23PM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a mini thorvukon Mount with my necromancer, so i can fly all over cyrodiil and ressurect all the dead tomatoes and bannanas to Work for us against their mates :)
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I considered that too, although some datamining sources said it would be a june/july chapter again.
    A Q1 release might also leave too short of a pre-order and marketing window, but we'll see.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I considered that too, although some datamining sources said it would be a june/july chapter again.
    A Q1 release might also leave too short of a pre-order and marketing window, but we'll see.

I thought they might fuse the Q1 and Q2 updates into one big update and release them on the 5th anniversary but that's not going to happen as the datamine suggests we get four updates this year as usual.

The Q1 announcement is quite late this time imho especially when they start off with the Chapter announcement. Maybe there's a greater plan to it but at the moment I really doubt ZOS endeavours on that regard. What I expect is honestly just another boring dungeon DLC in Q1 that somehow has to do with Elsweyr or Dragons or Necromancy. That's my worst case scenario but it's ZOS and they didn't surprise us with anything creative since One Tamriel or maybe Housing.

@Ertosi the dataminers haven't been wrong in the last years so don't get your hopes up. What's been datamined for Chapter III is in 99.9% what we'll get.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭

@Ertosi the dataminers haven't been wrong in the last years so don't get your hopes up. What's been datamined for Chapter III is in 99.9% what we'll get.

They have not been wrong, yet we did see a few datamined assets of Spellcrafting which has yet to see the light of day. Perhaps that development is still lurking about.
    Edited by Shewolf075 on January 8, 2019 5:19PM
    Options
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it’s late cause Rob said a couple of weeks for the pts. Last year it dropped first week of january.

We don’t even know the name of the update yet and we knew what the update would be called last year in december so.. and there is a big announcement on the 15th. And Alcast seems to think they will start with the chapter this year too in his most recent video.
    Edited by Revokus on January 8, 2019 5:33PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
    Options
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    @lordrichter

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

At the end of Summerset, Raz did say that we would be seeing him again, sooner than we might think. In retrospect, this was a big hint!
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep coming back to the idea of a dragon break affecting all of Tamerial... just make sense to me from the obvious broken dragon skull tablet sent to all the streamers...why break the dragon head in two? Why in the letter does it mention a way to end the Three Banner War? All these questions lead me to the common idea that a dragon break is the explanation... Also I saw mentioned before that the last know location of a dragon break was long ago(before the 3 banner war and when dragons roamed tamerial) in guess what: Elsweyr..... makes too much sense
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it’s late cause Rob said a couple of weeks for the pts. Last year it dropped first week of january.

We don’t even know the name of the update yet and we knew what the update would be called last year in december so.. and there is a big announcement on the 15th. And Alcast seems to think they will start with the chapter this year too in his most recent video.

Schedules vary from year to year. If they put it on PTS this month, it is not "late".

Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Schedules vary from year to year. If they put it on PTS this month, it is not "late".

Last year Summerset was announced end of March, 2.5 months later than Elsweyr's announcement. Morrowind was announced January 31st.

So something seems to be a bit off or at least different. Why is there such a need to "hurry" the announcement this time?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the early announcement is due to the datamined info prematurely tipping people off.
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, wait, wait, what?

Tiger Senche?

What?

I get this is a datamine, but that's getting very close to something we were assured would never go into the crown store.

I think that Elsweyr is the perfect opportunity to release other tiger mounts. As long as they look different than the original, I'm fine with that. I have the original, and I've reached the point where a reskin is ok with me. This one, however, looks to be rather close in color to the original. Just calling it "Tenmar" isn't enough. I'm hoping it's actually more orange than the original. Also, a white or silver tiger, or even a black tiger would be cool. I don't know if I'd buy all (or any) of them, but maybe. Haven't bought a new senche mount in quite some time (passed on all the lions and the dumb-looking cougar). I have a couple of the "special" ones (Dro and Nightmare).

At the end of the day, a tiger senche is really just a senche skin, and the senche has been recolored so many times already. I think it's ok to finally release other tiger senche skins. Just have them be noticeably distinct from the original.
    Options