The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a whale I’m disappointed that Zos gave in to the dragon crowd. Whales like lore too.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it always the people that scream the loudest about the lore have no clue about the lore of Elder Scrolls? Instead of saying Zos broke the lore, how about actually reading the lore or show evidence that the lore is broken. I would love for some people to show some evidence that this cannot happen in the Interregnum, the time that ESO takes place.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Not only lore, but all sanity.
    I have mostly defended ESO's lore, as I find it enriching for the most part. But this update is clearly meant to please cows and whales. Because they have been asking for necromancy and Elsweyr since years and dragons would be a welcome nostalgia for them. I am fairly sure that true fans will find this rather questionable.

Yea. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they implement it all. By the wording alone, it doesn't look good.

I wouldn't mind too much if it was a necromancy skill line. Because 5 active abilities can hardly break immersion as much as 15 abilities can. But the very idea that they consider adding another class, where the last one was and still is a disaster and general class balance is still shocking......

I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

Then with all due respect you simply lack the capacity to see the bigger picture. The three skill lines need only be thematically unique from one another. Since we already have various spectre esque skills in the game as seen in the dragon bones dungeons such as ghost grip and spirit fireballs that liche often throw out. Then you have the obvious corporeal reanimation stuff that is in no way remotely close to sorc pets nor is it mandatory they would be permanent pets. Said corporeal spells can also encompass physical enhancement. Then you have either blood or curse inspired bolstering/healing. Frankly the fit is easy to see here for a number of potential reasons.

And no, wardens were never labeled as the defacto support class. Rich only ever stated they were a jack of all trades for the sole purpose of expressing that they are ideal for new players to play because each tree has a distinct role purpose, whereas the other classes are a bit more ambiguous in how they utilize their various skills across all 3 roles.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop, there goes the months of suspense, mystery & clues ZOS had planned.

Bet the team that thought of that are well chuffed!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it always the people that scream the loudest about the lore have no clue about the lore of Elder Scrolls? Instead of saying Zos broke the lore, how about actually reading the lore or show evidence that the lore is broken. I would love for some people to show some evidence that this cannot happen in the Interregnum, the time that ESO takes place.

Amen.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    When I got Morrowind, I created warden.
    I didn't like warden, but I liked character. She was nice. After Summerset - with no new class there - I deleted and recreated her as sorc.
    She loves all necromantic things. She has two skeletal pets and undead horse. She has all craft 50, except jewellery (~40), and just few days ago she finally reached 50 lvl...
    DAMN.

Let's hope it's just a skill line and not a new class! UNLESS....they give us class change tokens as well! And AT LEAST one free one with the purchase of the chapter!

Why not just sell max level characters in the crown store with all skills maxed and all the skyshards collected?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Special thanks to UESP Discord's Thalmor_Justiciar AKA Smirkmire (I hope you don't mind I put the information together in this thread). He said he's datamining more stuff later that we know what's coming (skills, architecture etc.) - I will keep this thread updated.

hey, that's me!

@Seraphayel

QSM1inX.png
    You Sir get a special thank you from me!

Guys and girls please give a special thanks to @Arko_Nam_La for his datamining efforts.

I will properly edit the first page with your name. I hope you don't mind that I consolidated all the datamining stuff into this thread.
    But the more important question @Seraphayel is who are you on the UESP Discord? Also the credit for first finding this actually goes to @zelenin; TJ then found some extra stuff and put it together.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    Please no mini trial
    Oh yes, mini-trial. You must defeat three little dragons first, then you have to fight with a big one. Or you can fight with all Dragons at once. Sounds fresh, right. :D:D
    Edited by Zatox on January 6, 2019 7:48PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Saturnana wrote: »
    Considering the specific wording in the game files, I don't think we'll be getting a new class but rather a new skill line.

I think that would make more sense indeed. Otherwise they would have to make 3 skill lines based on necromancy somehow. Seems a bit too much.

Not at all
    Edited by exeeter702 on January 6, 2019 7:41PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I barely played ESO in 2018 all the content was more of the same... 2019 might be a good one, Always wanted to play a necromancer, hopefully they also make some drastic changes to Cyrodiil and PvP to keep me interested. Dungeons and more boring too easy overland content is not for me.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.

Elder Scrolls is a deep lore rich franchise and the folks at ESO always said they cared about that legacy. There are literally a million things within the lore that would make awesome updates and expansions, probably better than this. Sticking to the Elder Scrolls theme and canon was what always set ESO apart from all the ridiculous, over the top, anime wannabee mmo's of poor quality that have flooded the market. But for now, I will wait to see how they implement this.

im not big on elder scrolls lore...but werent there dragons in skyrim? how come it's weird that dragons are in eso? im genuinely asking...not being a........

Because out of 10 TES games, Skyrim was the only one they were in,(Except one you killed in "Redguard".
    TES Lore spans 25+ years and 10 games all linked by a cohesive Lore and History line.
    Dragons are almost myth and not seen since the Dragon Wars of the First Era.
    The full Time Line of all Lore and Games can be found here......
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/tamriel-timeline

TLDR; YES! LORE IN TAMRIEL IS IMPORTANT!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sweet. I have no more character slots :frowning:
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    - New zone: Elsweyr

- New class: Necromancer

- New "enemies": Dragons

ydIpOPg.png
    Elsweyr, Necromancy, Dragons. I really don't see how those three things are related.

@ZOS_Lawrence_Schick I look forward to your explanations.

+1^^^^
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What strikes me is that

Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

Don't get me wrong. I too would like to see Elsweyr. It's in fact the area that would most please me at the moment.
    But the combination of as you said, Elsweyr+Dragons+Necromancy screams aggressive purse assault to me.

ZoS found ways for Ayleids to be in Blackmarsh, Imperials to be in blackmarsh (which was never known before). It's new information, but it's not entirely impossible. You can set up everything to fit your agenda and without rewriting the lore. But that doesn't mean that you should. Dragons in Elsweyr is OBVIOUSLY a tool to attract buyers, nothting else.

Zos did not just find way they just build upon lore that was there. Ayleids were stated in lore way before ESO to have span into Blackmarsh. This is the same about Imperial. It has been stated many times that Imperials tried expanding into Blackmarsh and failed. This is not new information.
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it´s Elsweyr.. Well i guess an Elder Scrolls Fan will even survive Kitty Land. On the other hand... 2 Years with Sunshine Chapters... idk ;D
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, let's compromise and get rid of the whales and dragons.
    Edited by zyk on January 6, 2019 7:45PM
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on implementing other Khajiit breeds (Ohmes, Tojay, Ohmes-raht, etc) into the game as create-able characters?

Perhaps some of the smaller breeds (Dagi, Alfiq, etc) would be pets with some of the larger breeds as mounts?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.

Elder Scrolls is a deep lore rich franchise and the folks at ESO always said they cared about that legacy. There are literally a million things within the lore that would make awesome updates and expansions, probably better than this. Sticking to the Elder Scrolls theme and canon was what always set ESO apart from all the ridiculous, over the top, anime wannabee mmo's of poor quality that have flooded the market. But for now, I will wait to see how they implement this.

im not big on elder scrolls lore...but werent there dragons in skyrim? how come it's weird that dragons are in eso? im genuinely asking...not being a........

Because out of 10 TES games, Skyrim was the only one they were in,(Except one you killed in "Redguard".
    TES Lore spans 25+ years and 10 games all linked by a cohesive Lore and History line.

Right, and the lore for this era is almost nonexistent, so the only limits to what they can do is not directly contradict future events. They have so much leeway in establishing new lore for an era where little to none was written. So they can still have a few other dragons be discovered and killed or even befriended.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    Lol how is this lore-breaking?

Not all the dragons are dead during the time of the 2nd Era...Not even during the time of the 3rd Era.
    Just because an NPC or book said it, doesn't mean it's true.

TES: Redguard (a game before Skyrim, ESO, etc.) shows a literal dragon and Paarthunax has been chilling in the Throat of the World for a long time. I don't think people pay attention to lore or dialog.
    RG-creature-Nafaalilargus.jpg
    latest?cb=20130403032107

But TES:Redguard also takes place in 2E 864 and is 244 years after the timeline of ESO.. :)
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I would also love people to come up with something more original than "Oooohhh Dragon Break". Aside from that very localised bubble in Rubble Butte, which is specifically called out as a Dragon Break reference, everything has a viable alternative explanation.

On the topic of actual dragons - I don't know how a "war against the dragons" fits in very well with the whole "dragons are in hiding" thing. It is true that there are some around, and they are certainly not extinct, but they are still supposed to be scarce as of 2E 373, and that was 200 years ago.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This could just be one dragon. There are about eight dragons who are alive before the 4th Era (Nafaalilargus, Paarthunax, Ahbiilok, Mirmulnir, Durnehviir, Vulthuryol, Naalslaarum and Voslaarum) and all of them were in hiding.

We know nothing about Ahbiilok nor where he is by the time of ESO. https://www.imperial-library.info/content/atlas-dragons

This Dragon could be Ahbiilok or even another survivor no one knew about. .
    Edited by Claudman on January 6, 2019 7:48PM

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

• Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol how is this lore-breaking?

Not all the dragons are dead during the time of the 2nd Era...Not even during the time of the 3rd Era.
    Just because an NPC or book said it, doesn't mean it's true.

TES: Redguard (a game before Skyrim, ESO, etc.) shows a literal dragon and Paarthunax has been chilling in the Throat of the World for a long time. I don't think people pay attention to lore or dialog.
    RG-creature-Nafaalilargus.jpg
    latest?cb=20130403032107

But TES:Redguard also takes place in 2E 864 and is 244 years after the timeline of ESO.. :)

Which proves my point that he's been alive before the 4th Era 201 (the return of the dragons). lol

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Class not skill line. It’s been two years since Warden and the meta needs a good shakeup.

Well it says "necromancy" in the filename, not "necromancer".

Im hoping you're correct about this tbh. Im fine with leveling another Char but they need to give us 1 or 2 more character slots.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This could just be one dragon. There are about eight dragons who are alive before the 4th Era (Nafaalilargus, Paarthunax, Ahbiilok, Mirmulnir, Durnehviir, Vulthuryol, Naalslaarum and Voslaarum) and all of them were in hiding.

We know nothing about Ahbiilok nor where he is by the time of ESO. https://www.imperial-library.info/content/atlas-dragons

One or two dragons, yes. "War against the dragons" sounds like it will be a considerable number, and have a considerable impact on history. (Although, the so-called Daedric War ended up being not much of a war at all, so maybe this won't be either...)
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

Blood related stuff (but Nightblades have that already...)? So it's just "Frost" and "Undead"?

One skill line will be Undead Summoning obviously for pets. One might be for more support oriented skills like Dark Magic and one will be for damage like Stormcalling... well, Necromancers might be quite similar to Sorcerers but who cares.

I would say smth like plague disease, undead or blood magic, debuffs skill line :)

we have blood magic with nb's siphoning. if it was a sload necromancer it would be water magic instead of this. and might be a lot more interesting. it would have been so much better if water magic was given to warden and ice to necromancer. necromancers are often associated with ice magic.

Nbs drain essence and life force, its not physical in any way, while strife has a red streak, no where is it conveyed that they deal with draining blood or anything of the sort. A nit pick to be sure but a common misconception.

If I were a betting man id go with

Spectre / spirit : spells already exist in game.

Corporeal / reanimation : physical reanimation involving bone and flesh.

curse based non physical : buffs for group as a healer, debuffs for mobs and other indirect utility to help necros in each role.

Yes they will be created to fufilll all 3 roles, rest assured.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

One or two dragons, yes. "War against the dragons" sounds like it will be a considerable number, and have a considerable impact on history. (Although, the so-called Daedric War ended up being not much of a war at all, so maybe this won't be either...)

Perhaps the dragon is powerful. There's no lore regarding how powerful Ahbiilok (or whatever dragon they have in mind) is. I agree with two dragons being possible, considering both Naalslaarum and Voslaarum (who weren't raised from the dead by Alduin and were considerably strong) were in the same area at the same time (Forgotten Vale). Even three is possible...But, I imagine the numbers are going to be minor, everyone is expecting 50 dragons, but I'm expecting a small amount INCLUDING draconic minions (Cultist mooks).

• AkashaVow
    AkashaVow
    Soul Shriven
    Less QQ more PewPew, Get in to queue, we gotta kill blue!

Go team!
    Edited by AkashaVow on January 6, 2019 8:09PM
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It has already been stated pretty clearly that the entirety of ESO takes place during a "Dragon Break", they did this so that nothing they decide to do is against any pre existing lore of the game.

So get over it and enjoy whatever they throw our way without getting all uppity over the Lore.

I myself can't wait to see how this all plays out and am thrilled with the idea of a Necromancer Class and Dragons!

Edited by perogwin_ESO on January 6, 2019 8:00PM
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has already been stated pretty clearly that the entirety of ESO takes place during a "Dragon Break", they did this so that nothing they decide to do is against any pre existing lore of the game.

So get over it and enjoy whatever they throw our way without getting all uppity over the Lore.

I myself can't wait to see how this all plays out and am thrilled with the idea of a Necromancer Class and Dragons!

It's not been confirmed that ESO is in a Dragon Break. That's a rumor and a theory. Even if it's in a Dragon Break, it does still affect the lore of the series.
    Edited by Claudman on January 6, 2019 8:01PM

• Recette
    Recette
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite wary of this Chapter if it is indeed to come as has been described here.

Adding another class into the game would raise countless issues in what is already a very delicate class balance, especially in PvP. I think it would be better to focus on balancing the 5 classes that are already in the game instead of adding a sixth and potentially turning PvP upside down once more.

Also, while I personally abhor necromancy and think it has no place in the hands of players, if it must be added to the game to satify the whining masses.

As for the lore part, while I understand the appeal that dragons may have to a lot of people, including the abundance of Skyrim fans that play this game, I think sticking to a consistent and deeply immersive lore should be prioritised over "LUL Dragons".