The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen much of that. Most people I've seen in here have been huge templar proponents for many years.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    A Phd is recommended yes.

However, I think many are spoting this tread to stop or delay good change proposition to templar.
    Am I wrong or many Nightblade and Sorcs fanboys are doing their best to keep Templar a trash DD.
    Bruh... magplar is better than magsorc in basically every way imaginable. Like, it's not even close.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my rank on current classes :

DD magicka: 1- Nightblade 2- Sorcerer 3- templar 4- warden 5- Dragon knight
    DD stamina: 1- Nightblade 2- Warden 3- Sorcerers 4- templar 5- Dragon knight
    Tank : 1- Dragon Knight 2- Warden 3- Templar 4- Sorcerer 5- Nightblade
    Heal : 1- Templar 2- Warden 3- Nightblade 4- Sorcerer 5- Dragon Knight
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very disappointed there was no mention of Total Dark granting cc on cast in the class rep notes. It doesn't qualify as a hard cc causing players to lose control of their character. So I really feel that enemy players should either be forced to "break free" to receive cc immunity or they should still be susceptible to hard ccs.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vajrak wrote: »
    FIX CLAPPY HANDS!
    Revert it...make it a Burst +HoT...Make it a new damn effect (heals when you get hit for a set duration)....anything besides what it currently is, because as is it's worthless!

Suggestion:
    Healing Ritual
    Cost: 7290 (Base)
    10M Radius PBAoE
    Heal Yourself and Allies for X amount, and 1/10x amount for the duration (10s)
    Ritual of Rebirth
    Heal Yourself and Allies for X amount, and while active, Y Health and Z Magicka and Stamina over the duration (10s)
    -Heal, then gives a HoT and a resource restore for the duration
    Retributive Ritual
    Heal Yourself and Allies for X amount, and while active, returns Z magic damage to attackers (15s)
    -Longer Duration, removes the heal over time value, but returns damage

Radiant Aura -- Remove the increased radius, give us a Major Sorcery on it (30-35s@max rank) for all in the effect. Then Templar (Healer, Tank, and DPS) actually has a reason to slot it besides just the minor recovery on-slot.

you could make a clappy hands morph immobilise enemies in an aoe to make the skill pretty cool for tanks? :)
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Very disappointed there was no mention of Total Dark granting cc on cast in the class rep notes. It doesn't qualify as a hard cc causing players to lose control of their character. So I really feel that enemy players should either be forced to "break free" to receive cc immunity or they should still be susceptible to hard ccs.

It's called total dark ... I'm.all for them having the immunity, but I think until the break free or it runs off the screen of the Ayer its vast on should darken so they have a blinkered and hazy view
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe rework blazing shield https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Blazing+Shield
    My proposal:

Surround yourself with dark rays, granting a damage shield equal to 40% of your Max Health for 6 seconds.
    Each nearby enemy increases the shield's strength by 4% when the shield is activated
    Enemies within 10 meters are taunted to attack you for 6 seconds.
    Targets are also affliced with Minor Fracture for 6 seconds.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    Maybe rework blazing shield https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Blazing+Shield
    My proposal:

Surround yourself with dark rays, granting a damage shield equal to 40% of your Max Health for 6 seconds.
    Each nearby enemy increases the shield's strength by 4% when the shield is activated
    Enemies within 10 meters are taunted to attack you for 6 seconds.
    Targets are also affliced with Minor Fracture for 6 seconds.

Aoe taunts will not happen....
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steed mundas change is really nice. Been using it recently and it's got potential for non vamp magplar.

Edit:
    Video of what I'm working with. That means all Swift needs is snare reduction added to the bonus. And major expedition sources to regain some duration back.
    https://youtu.be/l0wnLJbvOXU
    Edited by Minno on December 15, 2018 5:14AM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SouthernSoldjer
    So anyone else feel real squishy without minor protection from our rune?? My 4 star stamplar just ain't what he used to be since this murkmire update...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So anyone else feel real squishy without minor protection from our rune?? My 4 star stamplar just ain't what he used to be since this murkmire update...

Yeah, have to keep jabs going, or some other spear line ability. The stamina recovery has been a real boon for me though; allowing me to get more damage although there is more AOE resistance now. Im enjoying running bloodspawn as I am able to use a dawn breaker and then pretty quickly get empowering sweep up as a defensive if I need it. Empowering sweep has lower potential but is reliable where it wasnt before.

Would be nice if the minor protection from the spear passive was raised from 3 to 5 seconds to give us a chance to do more between jabs/whatever.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run Temporal Guard on my backbar for the minor protection when not using sweeps/jabs. I still feel that Stamplar is missing minor brutality, as Magplar gets its minor sorcery on cast from Dawn's Wrath passive.

The Balanced Warrior passive is still NOT balanced...Suggestion: move the damage bonus to Illuminate passive as minor brutality and add physical resists to balanced warrior.
    Edited by Jabbs_Giggity on December 18, 2018 8:20PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I run Temporal Guard on my backbar for the minor protection when not using sweeps/jabs. I still feel that Stamplar is missing minor brutality, as Magplar gets its minor sorcery on cast from Dawn's Wrath passive.

The Balanced Warrior passive is still NOT balanced...Suggestion: move the damage bonus to Illuminate passive as minor brutality and add physical resists to balanced warrior.
    Templar will never get Minor Brutality. Each class gets a unique minor buff and Minor Brutality is DK's.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Templar will never get Minor Brutality. Each class gets a unique minor buff and Minor Brutality is DK's.

Correct. Plus I think those minor buffs are harder to come across compared to the major. Like how stamplar has minor fracture without bow+snipe.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Correct. Plus I think those minor buffs are harder to come across compared to the major. Like how stamplar has minor fracture without bow+snipe.

Fair enough So keep the 6% tooltip that it currently is, move it to Illuminate and add Physical Resistance to Balanced Warrior.

Personally, I really do not care anymore; ESO has become nearly unplayable and/or unenjoyable to play - from a PVP perspective. There just simply is NO other decent MMO on console yet in comparison. Also, I am trying to pass the time at work!
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would anyone like to see the channel aspect of Jabs/Sweeps go away completely? Perhaps change it to a one hit instant with splash damage and increase the tooltip to compete with all other class spammables?
    NB surprise attack average 8-10k
    Warden birds average 13k
    DK whip average 8k
    Sorc frags (not really spammable) 10k?
    Templar jabs 4k on high end with still a 75% miss rate....
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the channeled portion for jabs and honestly feel whatever about it, so it could stay or go.

That said, Balanced Warrior is really the only thing I want to see reworked for passives, and I'm not touching PvP since this whole game is pretty terrible with it lol

Also last I checked, Templars as DD were doing pretty damn well.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the channeled portion for jabs and honestly feel whatever about it, so it could stay or go.

That said, Balanced Warrior is really the only thing I want to see reworked for passives, and I'm not touching PvP since this whole game is pretty terrible with it lol

Also last I checked, Templars as DD were doing pretty damn well.

PVEwise yes. PVP is really hit or miss. I guess with the amount of lag in Ctro, channels just dont make sense. For me though, averaging 1 out of 4 jabs actually connecting is pathetic. I see magplars hitting higher numbers on sweeps than from jabs...To me as a Templar you are already limiting your build to a certain bar setup and taking Jabs off a Stamplar due to being underperforming is defeating the purpose of the build style. At this point you're better off making a full bleed build and relying on rending and heavy attacks... which is sad.
    It just sucks when you see your jabs against stamblade consistently missing completely or not even moving their health bar and then see your recap of 4 hits of surprise attack between 5-6k each...yet never even seeing them attack you bc they can anicancel and put out huge damage numbers
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a rework of Balanced Warrior; I would like it changed to +6% damage done and -4% damage taken.

This would give better universal synergy with things like enchants/poisons/procs. Although magplar skill base damage would have to be reduced a bit to compensate.

I would also still like to be unchained from jabs... I wish Burning Light could proc on all DOTs. :)
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    I chose this class because it seemed to fit my toon's personality when I created a character first, knowing nothing about ESO except my inferences of what the roles other classes played
    I use these skills
    javelin (PvP only)
    spear shards (PvE)
    sun shield (will probably replace this in PvP because short duration and PvP nerf so that it's only 15% HP + I haven't got a lot of HP)
    backlash (morph)
    rite of passage (morph)
    channeled focus

there are a ton of skills I couldn't figure out any use for...even if I had more slots to put skills in I just wouldn't see them as being super great
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience playing a magicka templar has improved since the last time I posted. Dark Flare is so tempting but so useless. I want it on my bar so bad but people can see it coming a mile away. So the best DPS I have is either Vampire's Bane or Puncturing Sweeps, but it's not worth it to be so close in range with sweeps, I think. It usually leaves me vulnerable to more powerful close range attacks. Ranged seems to be the best way to play. At least the Javelin is very helpful in this area.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get rid of Repentance and have a proper on demand heal for stamina? Stamina sorcerers have Dark Exchange, stamina wardens have Soothing Spores, stamina nightblades can use Dark Cloak, stamina dragonknights can use Dragon Blood. Meanwhile templars who are supposed to be the healing themed class, also happen to be the only class that doesn't have any heals in their kit. Repentance is not something you can count on for heals when you need them, especially in high mmr bgs where you're not gonna be getting a lot of kills.

While at it, give us major brutality. Sucks to be forced into choosing 2h for pvp, for both major brutality and the heal. The major brutality from DW sucks, and having to waste potions for it also sucks. Dreugh King Slayer is an awful set that should be redesigned and made more appealing. Magicka templars for example have Entropy and Rattlecage which actually is a decent set.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    How about some positive feedback. Thanks for making repentance reliable. Ran into what looked like a mini ball group a few times and they were running ult dumps on random players around. It was really nice to survive, hit repentance on the dead bodies around and stay fighting and take out a couple guys when it's "my turn" to dump ultimate. I dont think it would save you with a good ball group like Drac where VD would likely take you out before you could repent your allies, but some of these wannabes..

After playing Stamplar primarily since Murkmire I gotta say I’m loving it. 1v1, outnumbered, groups, I’m really happy. The change to rune buffs makes it very viable and the new stamina absorb glyphs and repent changes take care of any sustain issues. My one wish would be that jabs would be reliable when it’s laggy. For some reason that skills remains illusive when it comes to reliability and when the ping is high it just straight up misses. It’s somewhere near dizzying swing in terms of reliability. But the class feels pretty balanced overall, and better than the other stamina classes I play which includes DK, sorc and warden occasionally. The rounded defensive and offensive toolkit is a blessing for stamina. But then maybe I’ve just finally found the class that works for me most after 3 years of PvP? I will say this though, jabs does feel a little weak against naturally tanky classes running shuffle like stamina warden, but every class has its weakness.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 27, 2018 1:27PM
  • jubs
    jubs
    ✭✭
    Too many core dps skills being locked in one tree with too many terrible skills
    Serious issue with any temp dps
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Too many core dps skills being locked in one tree with too many terrible skills
    Serious issue with any temp dps

this person plays templar
    it feels like I'm picking between a few good skills and the rest are just background filler
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need tips for using Dark Flare. How can what should be their best weapon be so freaking hard to connect. No one is giving me two seconds to wind up my shot in pvp.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on eclipse granting 11 seconds of cc immunity? That's a big issue.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Jabs is the weakest yet most spammed skill for templar. Did you get the problem here ?

I think the area of effect (In front of the templar) should be extended to cover 180°.
    Not sure this would help a lot but maybe with some improvement it will.

Also the burning light passive should tick per enemy hit and not share the GCD over all enemies, this will help improving shards dps with packs of adds.

Also normalize the resource gain between luminous and blazing shards and make one scales with stamina instead of having them both magicka. This won't hurt any build (magika or stamina) yet it will improve the synergy in trial and dungeon group.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been playing my Stamplar as of late, and here are my main reasons:

1. LAG - I understand this is the wrong thread. However, I have repeatedly played 10-15 minute intervals in Vivec NA Xbox One X starting on my Stamplar, then switching to various other characters for the same extended amount of gameplay in the same server campaign (Same Alliance for what it's worth). I can say that Templar is BY FAR the buggiest character to play during high lag and/or latency due to poor server capability. Half of the time I use Jabs the animation gets hung up where the Jabs will just show my character holding it in front - NO damage, NO animation, NO ability to weave...all for a lousy 600-1200 dmg when ONE jab decides to register...I can get 4 surprise attacks in for 5K each before ONE Jab registers...

2. I have played multiple stamina characters over extended plays all wearing the same equipment (Bone Pirate 5pc, Spriggans 5pc, Blood Spawn Monster - 5Med/2Heavy - DW/2H) and have come to the conclusion that due to better passives and better damage mitigation - DESPITE the Templars "House" Design - that EVERY other character performs much better at survivability than Templar. Not sure if Lag is the main culprit as I will admit skills do not fire and I have to activate my cleanse/rune/vigors 2-4 times before they register, or Templars are just THAT terrible at mitigating damage in comparision to other classes...

EXAMPLE: Same Setup^ on my Stamblade I can literally just stand there NOT doing anything and take roughly 20 more spammed hits from 3+ enemy players in Cyrodiil before dying. Whereas on my Stamplar (Same gear setup) I would die from these same attacks/players with no skills activated in 3 hits. Tested with friends using same rotations.

I know this is a read, but has anyone been experiencing similar things?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #BringBackBlindingLight #GiveBlazingSpearStunAgain #MakeBlazingShieldGreatAgain
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."