Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kick fake dps in undaunted event?

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And some of this thread is precisely why I don't want to wing it and hope I don't end up with horrible people. I'll say it again, if you are wanting to avoid the jerky people, I'm looking to get folks to group with after 9pm-ish Eastern time to run normal randoms. I don't care how much experience you do or do not have. I have the anxiety so I am not looking to group with people that are unkind - I don't have it in me to tolerate it. So, if you ALSO want a group with people that will be kind and we can work through whatever dungeons we get, let me know!
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I don't do dungeons. I fear getting kicked and/or yelled at because I'm trying to learn and become a better player. Meh. These events just aren't made for me (which is fine)

Shame there aren't group events for accidentally falling off cliffs. I'm really good at that. ;)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Form your own group. A decently skilled person can easily get into a decent guild. One might look at OP's name when considering this thread.
    If you can’t be a “decent human being”, then run a pre-made group or run it solo. Pretty simple.

Plus this ^^^
    Edited by idk on November 27, 2018 9:57PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every fool and his dog is going to put out a troll thread this weekend aren't they?!! :(
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paulychan wrote: »
    Reasons to kick Dps.
    1 - if they use a bow
    2 - for fun, tons more out there
    3 - their name <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<agreed
    4 - failed dps check
    5 - if they say hi in voice chat
    6 - if they look at you too long
    7 - for fun... again
    8 - if they run around a lot
    9 - if they die without a real tank and heals
    10 - magsorc

Thanks for the laugh funny!
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For most of this event i will be grabbing guildies and running through. If someone in chat says "levelling a toon" i am scooping them up and running them through.

If they’re pulling the Robin Hood act (spamming snipe only from half a room away) then we'll blitz the content and then i will help that player out by explaining why just snipe is not helpful and help them improve overall.

If they are levelling undaunted then we're grabbing pledges and smashing them.

If you're wanting 7 minute runs of vet Spindleclutch 1, then run a strong premade group.

Jumping in to a PUG with the pure intention or expectation of kicking "bad players/fake DPS" is just saying tonnes about you as a player and a person.

I have kicked players in the past, because they've AFK'd for like 5 minutes with no warning or been abusive in the chat. I do not go in to every PUG with the intention of kicking and like many i have my fair share of PUG nightmare stories as a Tank in random vets.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks at the definitions of Petulant and Entitled.

Checks ESO general forums.....

Yep, that's about right.
    Edited by Rain_Greyraven on November 27, 2018 10:40PM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I read things like those, I'm always urged to ask - if someone wants to rush dungeon so fast they want to kick inexperienced people with low dps, skip everything, ignore people on a quest, if they're not interested in dungeon itself and just rush it to get their clear and reward, then why for heaven't sake they wouldn't just ask friends to run with them. Why torture yourself and others by doing that eerily silent, rushed and toxic pug run, and not poke friends, and maybe - since dungeon is already trite and they ran it a thousand times - enjoy banter on voice channel with them; make dungeon a nice time-passing and something to occupy their hands and eyes while sharing time and good laugh with friends.

But then I recall that people of such sort typically don't have friends.
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need to kick a fake dps, or fake anything, from a normal fungal grotto I run, then you got bigger problems dude.
    NA PS4
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I had a DPS using sword and shield. When I asked about it, they proclaimed they were a pvper there to farm weapons...it was Blackheart Haven...no one voted to kick, so we drug him along...slowly...

Don’t be that guy.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I have the anxiety so I am not looking to group with people that are unkind - I don't have it in me to tolerate it.
    This is what makes me wary about PUGs. And if someone starts berating me instead of being patient and helpful, I know my performance will just get worse until I quit the group and probably PUGs for good.
    I know there’s probably just a slim chance of coming across jerks and most people are delightful, but still. I’m looking to enjoy the game, not for it to make me an anxious mess.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Git gud and you will never be kicked
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a "fake dps" as all players are, inherently to a degree a dps, cause doing damage is a fundamental necessity to play this game. Tanks and Healers however are specific roles that require dedication, which is why there can be such a thing as fake tanks and fake healers. But any player that queues as a dps to only light attack their whole way through is not fake, only not good. And honestly there's no reason to kick them if you're not in a Veteran instance.

Even if the dps is doing poor work but you're still progressing through then just get the dungeon over with.

I consider someone a fake dps if their dps is so low as to not be able to finish the given content in a timely manner. It's OK to have standards and expectations for people to perform their selected class appropriately.

Timely manner? If they can still complete the dungeon then that's all that matters. If you have a problem with how long its taking you'd be the one who'd be welcome to find another group.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm being tongue in cheek in my previous posts, but seriously, if you are one of those cp160+ dps who does pathetic 2-5k dps, take 10 minutes, google your class, look at some youtube videos, whatever it is you need to do to not subject 3 other people to awful tank-like dps. Stop being so selfish and realize if you are going to do group content, there are other people you will be punishing because you are either too selfish or entitled to value other people's time. Please and thank you
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as a "fake dps" as all players are, inherently to a degree a dps, cause doing damage is a fundamental necessity to play this game. Tanks and Healers however are specific roles that require dedication, which is why there can be such a thing as fake tanks and fake healers. But any player that queues as a dps to only light attack their whole way through is not fake, only not good. And honestly there's no reason to kick them if you're not in a Veteran instance.

Even if the dps is doing poor work but you're still progressing through then just get the dungeon over with.

I consider someone a fake dps if their dps is so low as to not be able to finish the given content in a timely manner. It's OK to have standards and expectations for people to perform their selected class appropriately.

Timely manner? If they can still complete the dungeon then that's all that matters. If you have a problem with how long its taking you'd be the one who'd be welcome to find another group.

Obviously you have never leveled a tank.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    This is why I don't do dungeons. I fear getting kicked and/or yelled at because I'm trying to learn and become a better player. Meh. These events just aren't made for me (which is fine)

Shame there aren't group events for accidentally falling off cliffs. I'm really good at that. ;)

LOL! A guildie friend of mine has a character called "Got ganked by a cliff" :D

I used to get a bit of the PUG anxiety when doing random daily dungeons but over time you learn to stop worrying & love the PUG :D Mostly my experience with PUGing dungeons is neutral... it just proceeds without incident, players are not agressive or friendly. Rarer is the bad experience where usually one player has a bee in the bonnet about something & has to vote kick or abuse & complain or quit. Even rarer is the good experience where players are friendly & there is some friendly banter. For me it's just not worth worrying about the rare chance of a bad time & roll with it.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    ... I have the anxiety so I am not looking to group with people that are unkind - I don't have it in me to tolerate it.
    This is what makes me wary about PUGs. And if someone starts berating me instead of being patient and helpful, I know my performance will just get worse until I quit the group and probably PUGs for good.
    I know there’s probably just a slim chance of coming across jerks and most people are delightful, but still. I’m looking to enjoy the game, not for it to make me an anxious mess.

I get that 5000%. I know I can eventually be fine, but until I have done enough dungeons to feel like I'm not holding everyone back, I can't have crappy people running them with me. Ya know, I PvP a lot, but the people out there even when they are irritated about a crap defense or whatever, they are generally really informative and helpful and don't make me feel like I've ruined everything. And that is probably EXACTLY how the dungeon crowd would be, but I don't know that on a level that overrides my anxiety yet. So, I thought trying to set up some things for not just me might be a good idea. And if it doesn't work out, thats fine, at least I tried.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad there is no penalty for fake orthographists.

We could pave a queue for them.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they’re not pulling atleast 25-30k they’re gone. Call me “Elitist” and what not I really don’t care. At the end of the day if when I’m pulling 52k on a 3mil solo on my magplar then everyone else can put in half the effort I did and pull atleast 25-30.

Not asking much. Literally half the effort i put in myself.
    Edited by templesus on November 28, 2018 1:42AM
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Git gud and you will never be kicked

nope, i get kicked for 'flaming' which is just me telling the truth.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the number of threads telling us all how "my tank out DPSed everyone".

I love gaming forums. Full of players who can do all end-game content half an hour into the game with beginner equipment whilst simultaenously having an ingrown toenil removed IRL with no anaesthetic.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can’t be a “decent human being”, then run a pre-made group or run it solo. Pretty simple.

If person can't be a decent player, maybe they should pay someone in advance for carry.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad there is no penalty for fake orthographists.

We could pave a queue for them.

yeah, i'd love that too, so i get matched consistently with ppl more capable.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    becasue I realize that I'm not a god's gift to ESO and there are all kinds of people playing and trying to do the event that has a chance to award some pretty costumes and mounts? I kick NO ONE. for this event, not even jerks. we are all here for one reason and one reason only. to get mysterious boxes. so lets just get it done and stop being so picky for the love of god.

mind you I'm only speaking from perspective of running random normals, but I'm also not seeing why would anyone want to pug random vet during the event (I get specific pledges and I get vet guild runs, but when your reward is on 20 hour CD, wouldn't you want to be as efficient as possible?) but if you are someone pugging vet during undaunted event - you do you. I'm sticking to normal and finishing the dungeons with zero kicks unless for whatever reason we are physically unable to get past a boss. in which case rather then kicking - I'll leave and requeue
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake DPS - no such thing; inept - yes, crappy - yes, hopeless - yes, but not fake. A DPS doing 5-10k damage in a vet dungeon is still not a fake, just not a very good dps.

Fake tanks and fake healers are different - someone without a taunt on their bar queuing as a tank is a fake, a healer who doesn't do any healing is a fake.

And yes, I will vote to kick a non taunting tank, a non healing healer and any DPS who mucks me around - doesn't fight, runs ahead, lags behind.

But I will always look after the person doing the quest, wait for them to talk to NPC's or hand the quest in, point out chests, heavy sacks, etc.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And here I was told PvP is toxic
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go.......

CommentPhotos.com_1405448974.jpg

WIN ^^^

So, I'm going to say and based on my experience, the wait queue has been broken. Recently it has become worse. In the beginning I was able to queue a daily, on 7 toons, to scoop up the high amount of EXP which is shared EXP account wide. Which really really helped me level up my champion points.

I was able to clear all 7 toons running 1 dungeon on them for the high EXP within , probably less than 3, maybe 4 hours. A day.

Now, I am lucky if I get 1 or 2 dungeons as wait time is so broken at the moment waiting 45 minutes to almost an hour that if I want to run them like I used to, I now call out for a partner.

I will post in guilds and or in zone:
    chaz wrote:
    "DPS here looking for 1 or more players to run a normal daily dungeon. Wait time will be anywhere between 1 to 5 minutes. Will queue on pick up. 1st come, 1st serve"

And sure enough, it, for me anyway, works every time. Now, although it's usually another DPS that I pick up, as I only have 1 healer in my list, and my 2 tanks, I kind of morphed them into off tanks so use the dps role on them. So when we get the dungeon, sure, you never know what you're going to get, what dungeon, if a dps queued as a tank to get in quicker, or the flat DPS in the dungeon just plain stinks or you have to end up slotting a taunt in your skill bar because you picked up a faux tank.

However, I smile and go along with it because:

A. It would have cost me an hour at least to get a dungeon
    B. You would be surprised at the amount of new players actually needing help from experienced players (I have made a lot of new friends teaching ways and pointing them to other teachers like Alcast as such.
    C. Not everyone knows what they're doing and they struggle, but that does not mean you should abandon them and leave them behind. If I learned to grow and except these kind of hurdles, I am sure you can too.
    D. Yes, there may be a situation or 2 where you will need a kick, because DPS is back, faux tank, and or squishy sets. So as not to be rude and I know if I leave I'm in a 15 minute wait queue to even re queue the queue, (Pun) , I now politely ask to have them kick me and apologize to them letting them know I'm not good enough to help them. And if they kick me, they can queue for someone maybe better than me. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

Thanks.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Fake DPS - no such thing; inept - yes, crappy - yes, hopeless - yes, but not fake. A DPS doing 5-10k damage in a vet dungeon is still not a fake, just not a very good dps.

Fake tanks and fake healers are different - someone without a taunt on their bar queuing as a tank is a fake, a healer who doesn't do any healing is a fake.

And yes, I will vote to kick a non taunting tank, a non healing healer and any DPS who mucks me around - doesn't fight, runs ahead, lags behind.

But I will always look after the person doing the quest, wait for them to talk to NPC's or hand the quest in, point out chests, heavy sacks, etc.

OC01lJ6.jpg
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I can't wait for the number of threads telling us all how "my tank out DPSed everyone".

Considering we had a NB dps spamming their execute on the boss at 80% lets not be surprised.

There really is no reason for anyone to complain. Few decent tanks use GF because of the paltry dps we often find there. They can easily find a group from their guild or elsewhere.

But yes, anyone who comes here and starts a thread on the subject just wants to feel important. Anyone who is a decent player knows what to expect which is why they tend to form their own groups instead of rolling the dice in GF.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    And here I was told PvP is toxic

Who told you that ?

:p
    :D
    Linaleah wrote: »
    becasue I realize that I'm not a god's gift to ESO and there are all kinds of people playing and trying to do the event that has a chance to award some pretty costumes and mounts? I kick NO ONE. for this event, not even jerks. we are all here for one reason and one reason only. to get mysterious boxes.

Straight!
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38