Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kick fake dps in undaunted event?

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe doing pledge gets me the tickets. What would be a good threshold for kicking during event? Am I supposed to lower my expectations for que dps?

Unless the DPS is so low it's preventing you from advancing in the dungeon I see no reason to kick them.
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Fake tank = No taunt
    Fake Heal = No heal
    Fake Dps = No dmg

There is your objective qualification.

Do your "fake dps" literally do ZERO damage? Or are they just bad at it? This is such stupid logic. A fake tank literally does not taunt. A fake healer literally does not heal. A "fake dps" still does damage. Unless they're standing in a corner while you run the entire dungeon?

I get what you are saying.

But any character build that is not built to actually do damage I would consider to be a fake DD.

Roles are defined by the emphasis of their builds. For example; if I were to stack health and defense and equip a lot of healing abilities to keep myself alive - then queue up as a DD and do 5k dps - I would consider myself to be a fake damage dealer because my build doesn't reflect the role I chose.

Just like there is more to being a tank then simply having a taunt as well. If I had 10k health and no resistances - slotted a taunt - then got killed in a single hit by every boss I taunted I would consider that a fake tank whether they were taunting or not.

This game needs a support role vacancy for players who want to focus on other types of builds. MMORPGs used to have them. I don' t know why they got rid of them. It was a stupid move by the genre in my opinion and I wish they would bring them back.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 1, 2018 5:55AM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake tank = No taunt
    Fake Heal = No heal
    Fake Dps = No dmg

Do your "fake dps" literally do ZERO damage? Or are they just bad at it? This is such stupid logic. A fake tank literally does not taunt. A fake healer literally does not heal. A "fake dps" still does damage. Unless they're standing in a corner while you run the entire dungeon?

So a stamsorc with vigor is a healer now. Cool story, bro.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m no expert or elitist with dungeons, but my own experience has been that low dps just makes the fight last a little longer. I definitely notice when the “tank” isn’t a tank and I spend the entire dungeon with almost everything attacking me. Not fun. I would try to run the dungeon by myself if I wanted that experience.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted quest giver "We have to beat this "boss-name" for greater rewards. So, will you heal, tank or deal damage for us?"
    You pick your role "Heal, Tank or DD"
    Then you have to:
    As a DD: deal X-amount of DPS in order to kill the boss, the NPC's heal you and tank the boss.
    As a Healer: Heal some NPC for x-amount during the fight, the NPC deals damage and tanks the boss.
    As a tank: You mitigate enough damage to last through the fight, the NPC heals you and damages the boss.
    The fight ends, Undaunted quest giver "Looks like you're ready for even bigger adventures with greater rewards"
    Veteran Dungeons have been unlocked.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I first want to say that I've been playing since beta, use dungeon finder regularly, and have yet to initiate a kick for anything other than a player that has been offline for a while or a friend who is switching to an alt and didn't leave group before switching. I am quite patient and I try to do my part to be friendly and supportive for newer players that are learning. I have my standards for when I will support a kick initiated by someone else, but I agree with others who are saying that especially for this event I would be more lenient. ESPECIALLY considering said person might have been hitting "Ready" repeatedly for quite some time before getting in the dungeon.

However, I very much disagree with the idea that there is no such thing as a fake DPS. A fake DPS is someone who queues as DPS but then proceeds to play as if they were another role. For example, a DPS that has a sword and board and keeps taunting things is a fake DPS. A DPS that is always on their resto staff and only spams heals... that's a fake DPS. I don't care if they also put out a minimal amount of damage; they are clearly tanks and healers who picked the DPS role.

I believe this primarily happens when, multiple people want to play together and they are the same role. I think it can also happen when someone is grinding a normal with a group and then decides to do a vet dungeon and forgets they had a fake role on. It also probably happens with clueless newbies who, say, "level a tank" but then volunteer in guild to join a run when there are only DPS slots. Finally, I do think some people are so lazy that they can't even be bothered to take off their taunt and throw on a DPS ability.

I recently put together a DPS armor set, along with completely different bars, on my healer main, so I can play with friends when a healer is already in the group. I would not offer to DPS a vMOL, but it's more than fine for normals and I often am still the better of the two DPS in vets. If I just changed my role to DPS but waltzed in with my healing setup and figured I'd just "help" the main healer by tossing out more heals... I'd be a fake DPS.

As a healer, I really do see people queued as fake DPS who just "heal with me" fairly frequently, and it drives me crazy.
    Edited by peacenote on December 1, 2018 7:01AM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Fake tank = No taunt
    Fake Heal = No heal
    Fake Dps = No dmg

So a stamsorc with vigor is a healer now. Cool story, bro.

seems legit
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it really matter? My lvl 32 was grouped with a bunch of high CP max levels and they blew through the normal dungeon so fast I had trouble just keeping up with them much less having time to attack anything before they killed it. Each of them could have solo'd that easily so my not having a lot of input in damage didn't make any difference and they didn't care at all.

People just want their tickets to get their feather. It only becomes an issue if you're all low CP or something and are wiping. Otherwise, yeah, don't be a jerk about it.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    Undaunted quest giver "We have to beat this "boss-name" for greater rewards. So, will you heal, tank or deal damage for us?"
    Then you have to:
    As a DD: deal X-amount of DPS in order to kill the boss, the NPC's heal you and tank the boss.
    As a Healer: Heal some NPC for x-amount during the fight, the NPC deals damage and tanks the boss.
    As a tank: You mitigate enough damage to last through the fight, the NPC heals you and damages the boss.
    The fight ends, Undaunted quest giver "Looks like you're ready for even bigger adventures with greater rewards"

Zos too lazy to do this
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    Then you have to:

Zos too lazy to do this

Possibly. But I see no other alternative to get around this issue with some people just not pulling their weight.
    I mean, we're in a state where some people initiate a vote kick on someone because they're not max CP, in belief that they can't possible play properly. It's completely stupid at times.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATihQL4.png
    Hi again all "there are no fake DPS" people. This is me TANKING a normal dungeon in my DPS gear, only changing my second dagger to a random shield I use in PvP and slotting a taunt instead of rendering slashes. Can this discussion be over now?
    EU PC