The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kick fake dps in undaunted event?

LeagueTroll
LeagueTroll
✭✭✭✭✭
I believe doing pledge gets me the tickets. What would be a good threshold for kicking during event? Am I supposed to lower my expectations for que dps?
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just be a decent human being
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go.......

CommentPhotos.com_1405448974.jpg

Edited by LordSkyKnight on November 27, 2018 4:19PM
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »

Yeah. I wish free loaders que vet can be decent rather than leech.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe doing pledge gets me the tickets.

It does not.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe doing pledge gets me the tickets. What would be a good threshold for kicking during event? Am I supposed to lower my expectations for que dps?

To get a ticket, all you need to do is kill the last boss of a Dungeon.

If you like, you can go solo Fungal Grotto 1 and just death run to the last boss. Kill the boss and be done with it.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get tickets from beating the final boss of any dungeon. Pledges, LFG, Random Dungeon, Groupfinder, not required.

If you want the Mysterious Reward Boxes, those you get from your Daily Random Dungeons.

For me, my threshold for kicking a DD is:
    Did they go AFK for a while with no warning?
    Can we literally not pass the DPS check in this dungeon?
    Are they refusing to follow necessary mechanics?
    Can we complete the dungeon but its going to take hours with the current DPS (and I expect to get better with a random person from groupfinder)?

Personally, I'd just queue for the Daily Random Normal, because those you can complete with first time players as long as they are willing to listen to mechanics.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get tickets from beating the final boss of any dungeon. Pledges, LFG, Random Dungeon, Groupfinder, not required.

If you want the Mysterious Reward Boxes, those you get from your Daily Random Dungeons.

Can we complete the dungeon but its going to take hours with the current DPS (and I expect to get better with a random person from groupfinder)?

Personally, I'd just queue for the Daily Random Normal, because those you can complete with first time players as long as they are willing to listen to mechanics.

I agree with all but the last bullet point. Not that I outright disagree with it, but I have a scale as to whether or not I would kick them. If they are 200 or higher CP and their DPS is so low that trash packs take 5 minutes each, then yeah. But if they are lowbies, I tend to feel more sympathetic.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

I agree with all but the last bullet point. Not that I outright disagree with it, but I have a scale as to whether or not I would kick them. If they are 200 or higher CP and their DPS is so low that trash packs take 5 minutes each, then yeah. But if they are lowbies, I tend to feel more sympathetic.

For sure. I'm willing to put in a lot more effort with someone who's new, low level, or its one of their first times in the dungeon.

Some of the longest, grindiest, and best runs I've had were Darkshade 2 with people who'd never done it or never managed to conplete it before. Its something special to take someone on their first run through a dungeon and make it a success.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

For sure. I'm willing to put in a lot more effort with someone who's new, low level, or its one of their first times in the dungeon.

Some of the longest, grindiest, and best runs I've had were Darkshade 2 with people who'd never done it or never managed to conplete it before. Its something special to take someone on their first run through a dungeon and make it a success.

Totally = ) Sometimes the best joy is bringing joy to others!
  • HalloweenWeed
    HalloweenWeed
    ✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    There you go. That's the way.

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just run on a DD or with a friend and pretend that I am soloing/duoing the dungeon. If for some reason I forget (once again!) that I've already learned my lesson and queuing solo as a tank is a bad idea and see my 4k DPS being more than 10% of group DPS I will courtly leave and wait my 15 minute penalty. It would be faster than slogging through stuff with fake-DDs.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pfff. 'fake'... That would imply an intent to deceive - - a bad dps is not a fake dps. If they have no intention to kill anything, but willing queue as dps, that is then a fake dps. This, I never see. I do, however, see quite a lot of low dps players trying to beat a dungeon, and simply not having the rotation, skill, or knowledge to do better.

Unlike fake healer/tank, where someone knowingly queues for a role they have no inclination to fulfil.

As the first reply says, let's be decent about this. If your group can't pass the dps check, find a stronger group, don't single a player out who is struggling with the game. If they're not up to your standard, find someone who is, and the dungeon with them instead.
    Edited by mairwen85 on November 27, 2018 5:08PM
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Pfff. 'fake'... That would imply an intent to deceive - - a bad dps is not a fake dps. If they have no intention to kill anything, but willing queue as dps, that is then a fake dps. This, I never see. I do, however, see quite a lot of low dps players trying to beat a dungeon, and simply not having the rotation, skill, or knowledge to do better.

Unlike fake healer/tank, where someone knowingly queues for a role they have no inclination to fulfil.

As the first reply says, let's be decent about this. If your group can't pass the dps check, find a stronger group, don't single a player out who is struggling with the game. If they're not up to your standard, find someone who is, and the dungeon with them instead.

So your logic imply tank taunt only the boss only 1/4 the time is still a real tank. Too bad when I intentionally lose taunt bad dd often call me out.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do you. I'll be kicking fake tanks, fake heals, and trolls.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont believe there is such a thing as a fake DPS. You have Fake Tanks with no taunt, and Fake Heals with no group heals, but fake DPS? Any build can do damage.

Now of course there are bad, even terrible DPS, but fake, meh...

Here is the thing about bad DPS. They are the easiest thing to carry in a dungeon. Any remotely competent DPS puts out enough damage to carry a 4 man group through almost all vet content (there just arent that many hard DPS checks in this game). In other words, if you are one of the DPS, and you are struggling with low group damage, look inward.

Best advice I can give for this weekend is not to be terrible human being.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do you. I'll be kicking fake tanks, fake heals, and trolls.

Yes plz kick fake tank. It’s real annoying and it sometimes Steal my instant que.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, what is "Fake" DPS? Some players have little DPS, some have quite a bit. Fake Tanks in Vet runs is another thing and should be kicked but how do you gauge what a fake dps is?

I have never voted to kick anyone except fake tanks in Vet dungeons and that has been only twice in hundreds of PUG runs.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If i queue as tank with my magsorc, I'm not tanking = fake tank.

If I queue dps with my tank, but I want to kill stuff = bad dps, but stupid.

If I queue healer with my magsorc, specced for damage glass cannon, I'm not healing anyone = fake healer.

If I queue dps with my healer, specced for pure heals, but destro back bar = bad dps,but stupid.

Tanks and healers are instant queue pop, no reason to select wrong role. Unless accidentally.

If your specced for a role, but can't fulfill it, not fake, just not very good.

If your not specced for a role, have no clue how to fulfil it, or no intention to, you're fake in that role.

Logic is simple.
    Edited by mairwen85 on November 28, 2018 6:15AM
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, what is "Fake" DPS? Some players have little DPS, some have quite a bit. Fake Tanks in Vet runs is another thing and should be kicked but how do you gauge what a fake dps is?

I have never voted to kick anyone except fake tanks in Vet dungeons and that has been only twice in hundreds of PUG runs.

Fake dps = doing less dmg than tank healer combined. It’s actually quite common. Roughly 10-15% from que is this bad.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont believe there is such a thing as a fake DPS. You have Fake Tanks with no taunt, and Fake Heals with no group heals, but fake DPS? Any build can do damage.

Now of course there are bad, even terrible DPS, but fake, meh...

Here is the thing about bad DPS. They are the easiest thing to carry in a dungeon. Any remotely competent DPS puts out enough damage to carry a 4 man group through almost all vet content (there just arent that many hard DPS checks in this game). In other words, if you are one of the DPS, and you are struggling with low group damage, look inward.

Best advice I can give for this weekend is not to be terrible human being.
    However who queue for vet during an event who is about clearing lots of dungeons fast if you do 10K dps?
    And it require random dungeon so you can get an vet dlc.

And yes its DPS checks in many dungeons, however they are so relaxed its tend not to be an issue even with an mediocre group. Main problem with low dps is that things take time and you have more time to wipe on mechanics.

Then leveling an tank i was in an group who wiped on Keeper Indril and last boss in normal BC2 because of low dps.
    You need to kill the summoned daedra faster than they spawn on Indril and you need to kill the daedrots and orbs on last boss.

Most times you just need to change strategy like on last boss in vet blackheart haven, with low dps you need to focus on adds, else you can just burn.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake DPS is when my tank with 1hs, 7p heavy armor and 8 sturdy traits does almost half of the group damage while keeping taunt on 2 bosses and stacking them.

Ilambris Twins:
    AOuhsHB.png
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SImple solution. If you're concerned about low dps, get your own top tier damage dealer out - - grab a guild mate who is equally awesome (this event will be full of people wanting in), and run with them. No fake dps for the whole event!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »

Fake DPS is when my tank with 1hs, 7p heavy armor and 8 sturdy traits does almost half of the group damage while keeping taunt on 2 bosses and stacking them.

Ilambris Twins:
    AOuhsHB.png

9 minutes 42 seconds... That is rough.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just carry everyone and send them an invoice in the mail

:trollface:
    Edited by adeptusminor on November 27, 2018 7:01PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »

Ilambris Twins:
    AOuhsHB.png
    This, I assume this is normal vet I would have dropped long ago.
    note doing most of group damage as an high cp magsorc healer in normal fungal 1 then the others are low level and new is expected
    Normal DLC with trash DD is a bit training for healers you have to get used to people taking heavy damage.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as a "fake dps" as all players are, inherently to a degree a dps, cause doing damage is a fundamental necessity to play this game. Tanks and Healers however are specific roles that require dedication, which is why there can be such a thing as fake tanks and fake healers. But any player that queues as a dps to only light attack their whole way through is not fake, only not good. And honestly there's no reason to kick them if you're not in a Veteran instance.

Even if the dps is doing poor work but you're still progressing through then just get the dungeon over with.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reasons to kick Dps.
    1 - if they use a bow
    2 - for fun, tons more out there
    3 - their name
    4 - failed dps check
    5 - if they say hi in voice chat
    6 - if they look at you too long
    7 - for fun... again
    8 - if they run around a lot
    9 - if they die without a real tank and heals
    10 - magsorc
    Edited by paulychan on November 27, 2018 8:58PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can’t be a “decent human being”, then run a pre-made group or run it solo. Pretty simple.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a "fake dps" as all players are, inherently to a degree a dps, cause doing damage is a fundamental necessity to play this game. Tanks and Healers however are specific roles that require dedication, which is why there can be such a thing as fake tanks and fake healers. But any player that queues as a dps to only light attack their whole way through is not fake, only not good. And honestly there's no reason to kick them if you're not in a Veteran instance.

Even if the dps is doing poor work but you're still progressing through then just get the dungeon over with.

I consider someone a fake dps if their dps is so low as to not be able to finish the given content in a timely manner. It's OK to have standards and expectations for people to perform their selected class appropriately.
    Edited by adeptusminor on November 27, 2018 9:37PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on doing the same thing I did with zero complaints last year. I have 15 characters, 2 are PVE DPS 35K+, 1 is a tank and 1 is a healer. The rest are single target or focused PVP builds. I will not be respeccing 11 builds to up my dps past 15-20K for a normal dungeon because it isn't necessary. I carried a group through Normal Bloodroot last year on my single target vampire Magblade.

The key is, do your role, don't die to easy mechanics, and don't queue for Vet unless your character is specced for vet. Normal is a cakewalk and any halfway decent player can carry any other player through on nearly any passable build.
    paulychan wrote: »
    Reasons to kick Dps.
    1 - if they use a bow
    2 - for fun, tons more out there
    3 - their name
    4 - failed dps check
    5 - if they say hi in voice chat
    6 - if they look at you too long
    7 - for fun... again
    8 - if they run around a lot
    9 - if they die without a real tank and heals
    10 - magsorc

This includes my Bow/Bow build which I am sure will out dps most of the players in this event with just crushing weapon alone.