The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how are shields now?

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point all yall are doing is venting. The PTS is final and shipping to live soon, as is. All you can do at this point is either adapt to the changes, and reroll or get wrecked. Or find another game to play until things change.

If ZOS sees that it lost most of it's Magicka population over this changes. Then they will be forced to revert them. But for at least the next 3 to 6 months this changes are final. And no amount of beotching and complaining, is going to change a thing in the meanwhile.

Doing nothing but complaining about your misfortunes, will not change a thing.

Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point all yall are doing is venting. The PTS is final and shipping to live soon, as is. All you can do at this point is either adapt to the changes, and reroll or get wrecked. Or find another game to play until things change.

If ZOS sees that it lost most of it's Magicka population over this changes. Then they will be forced to revert them. But for at least the next 3 to 6 months this changes are final. And no amount of beotching and complaining, is going to change a thing in the meanwhile.

It's feedback. Give it a negative name like "venting", "complaining" or "whining", but it's still feedback. As such, it is immediately ten times more valuable than every post telling us to adapt combined.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    Shields are only nerfed for glass cannon la builds. The crit change was a nerf obviously but a needed one.

It was a needed one for eternally whining forum plebs that cant L2P and counter shields, as most classes besides magplars can easily counter them.

Shields since 2014 had 10 nerfs in total, 12 with the murk upcoming.

I bet everything i have you all will keep whining about shields instead of L2P.

I agree, people dont know how to counter shields becuase they are plebs. I know how becuase I use shield breaker, which has counterplay too... stop applying shields and you will stop taking the oblivion damage, if you cant survive after that not my problem:)

Countering shieldBreaker is such a pain, lingering pots rolls distance then lights champion...But usually VS a smart stamblade it cant be countered because stamblades besides shieldbreaker loss in dps they still are dmg beasts.

Dont know how would it be if i had impen tho, maybe it could
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on October 17, 2018 12:36PM
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the PTS feedback forum, and this is our feedback. There is nothing more we can do. We were giving precise feedback in the threads reserved for this, and while we at least could prevent the ineffable cast-times for shields, most of our feedback did not make it. As a result, Magicka classes and MagSorcs in particular will get so shafted with this patch that I do not even dare to speculate about the outcome.

However, I know for sure that releasing this 'sledgehammer patch' right before Christmas time with probably the most important sales of the year seems like pure madness. WHY NOW? Summerset received good public feedback and ESO is on a healthy track. Now the only positive feedback I receive is from pure Stamplayers 'looking forward to butchering Sorcs'. If ZOS thinks this will be good public feedback for Christmas sales, I am afraid they are wrong.

ZOS, please do not release these combat changes right before Christmas.
    About 80% of players are dreading the combat changes of this patch.

"The Player Should Have The Fun, Not The Designer Or The Computer"
    "As designers, we need to be the player's greatest advocate during a game's development, always considering carefully how design decisions affect both the player's agency in the world and his understanding of the underlying mechanics."
    -- Sid Meier

So, honestly: ZOS, did you design these combat changes for yourself or for the players?
    If 80% of players are dreading these combat changes, why you want to release them? If these changes are meant to secure that the most difficult stuff can only be done by the Top 5% and not the Top 10% of players, then better get rid of the grinding CP system deterring new players instead of getting rid of established gameplay which is appreciated by existing players.

Edited by BalticBlues on October 17, 2018 1:54PM
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the PTS feedback forum, and this is our feedback. There is nothing more we can do. We were giving precise feedback in the threads reserved for this, and while we at least could prevent the ineffable cast-times for shields, most of our feedback did not make it. As a result, Magicka classes and MagSorcs in particular will get so shafted with this patch that I do not even dare to speculate about the outcome.

However, I know for sure that releasing this 'sledgehammer patch' right before Christmas time with probably the most important sales of the year seems like pure madness. WHY NOW? Summerset received good public feedback and ESO is on a healthy track. Now the only positive feedback I receive is from pure Stamplayers 'looking forward to butchering Sorcs'. If ZOS thinks this will be good public feedback for Christmas sales, I am afraid they are wrong.

ZOS, please do not release these combat changes right before Christmas.
    About 80% of players are dreading the combat changes of this patch.

"The Player Should Have The Fun, Not The Designer Or The Computer"
    "As designers, we need to be the player's greatest advocate during a game's development, always considering carefully how design decisions affect both the player's agency in the world and his understanding of the underlying mechanics."
    -- Sid Meier

So, honestly: ZOS, did you design these combat changes for yourself or for the players?
    If 80% of players are dreading these combat changes, why you want to release them? If these changes are meant to secure that the most difficult stuff can only be done by the Top 5% and not the Top 10% of players, then better get rid of the grinding CP system deterring new players instead of getting rid of established gameplay which is appreciated by existing players.

Oh after 4 years of playing this game. I most certainly hear you. However ZOS refuses to. Which is the most important party here.

The feedback has been giving. Nothing has been done about that feedback. Heavy Armor Stamina Online will commence. Without any delays. You read those last PTS notes, nothing but bug fixes. The deal is sealed, and the train has already left the station.

There is only two things left to do. Go refarm gear and relearn a completely different playstyle.(Heavy Armor Bleed Stamina playstyle.) Or quit or take a break from the game. There is pretty much no other options now. That's why I said what I said. And still stand by it.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Spamming a spell costing 4k magicka with 60k magicka and 1.5k regen allows for 18 casts.

At 45k magicka, the same spell spammed while having 2k regen meets 15 seconds. Bigger pool equals easy sustain. The reason stam builds any away from it is they don't have....... shields...

Stacking magicka to ridiculous numbers is the best way to survive (shields and healing), sustain, AND damage while ignoring things like critical hits. It had to change.

If you have 60k magica inside cyrodiil you will die, on the other hand a sustain build with 46k mag wont.

If you cant burst 2 shields that have 0 resistance you should L2P before come in forum and whine about them, but hey 2 shields are bad and have to change 4-5 HoTs + purges+ rolls + reflects + 1shot heals + blocks is balanced right? Get outta here, you are a hard non L2P you will 100% get rekt after the shield change, not because they will be OP just because you dont know how to counter them.

Don't burst a blood vessel, but shield stacking is a problem, yes. That information was just a comparison of how effective max magicka is for more than just shields. This change gets people off of a crutch, and has them focus on game mechanics instead of ignoring them. You must be a sorc, bc this change had more of an effect on stacking than anything else. Youll be ok, just wait for someone else to figure out the best value, bc now they're all important.

How exactly did it solve shieldstacking. You can still stack them. And what mechanics do u ignore exactly?

You can't stack harness and hardened and get the full effect of both with the hp cap. Crit damage.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Just switch to heavy. Light armor is not viable in pvp anymore.

Shields don't benefit from increased healing received. I see no reason why magicka should switch to heavy when it's so easy to just use Pariah jewelry +2 armor pieces if you want that extra mitigation. Also concentration just got a nice buff since it'll buff your damage against shields now.

I mean with all you have to do to make shields viable you might as well switch to heavy

I'm describing how you could make them more potent while staying in light armor. Shields will be strong regardless, but now their potency will be dependant on how much you want to invest into your survivability; which is how it should be.

I think dodging should only mitigate projectile damage equal to 40% of your health. That way stam builds would finally have to invest into survivability.
    Welcome to a world through the looking glass!

Make it so one dodge allows me to ignore all damage up to 40% of my max health for 6 seconds per dodge roll and you have a deal!

Do you even know how shields work?
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spamming a spell costing 4k magicka with 60k magicka and 1.5k regen allows for 18 casts.

At 45k magicka, the same spell spammed while having 2k regen meets 15 seconds. Bigger pool equals easy sustain. The reason stam builds any away from it is they don't have....... shields...

Stacking magicka to ridiculous numbers is the best way to survive (shields and healing), sustain, AND damage while ignoring things like critical hits. It had to change.

If you have 60k magica inside cyrodiil you will die, on the other hand a sustain build with 46k mag wont.

If you cant burst 2 shields that have 0 resistance you should L2P before come in forum and whine about them, but hey 2 shields are bad and have to change 4-5 HoTs + purges+ rolls + reflects + 1shot heals + blocks is balanced right? Get outta here, you are a hard non L2P you will 100% get rekt after the shield change, not because they will be OP just because you dont know how to counter them.

Don't burst a blood vessel, but shield stacking is a problem, yes. That information was just a comparison of how effective max magicka is for more than just shields. This change gets people off of a crutch, and has them focus on game mechanics instead of ignoring them. You must be a sorc, bc this change had more of an effect on stacking than anything else. Youll be ok, just wait for someone else to figure out the best value, bc now they're all important.

How exactly did it solve shieldstacking. You can still stack them. And what mechanics do u ignore exactly?

You can't stack harness and hardened and get the full effect of both with the hp cap. Crit damage.

The HP cap counts per shield.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy Armor Stamina Online will commence.
    [...] Go refarm gear and relearn a completely different playstyle.
    Or quit or take a break from the game.

"We will support you playing the way you want to play."[/i]
    --- ESO Development Team, March 2014

So this just is it?
    The end of the promise given to us?
    The end of the Sorc Class as we know it and we want to play it?

Breaking the promise by removing the 3rd Sorc bar which is needed to make up for too many needed Sorc spells and too many slots double-blocked by Pets. Breaking the promise by making LA worse for spells than HA for the first time by giving shields casted in LA less resistance. Breaking the promise by arbitrarily capping shields and arbitrary new pet rules so that pets now sometimes die constantly and sometimes never. To be continued...

Playing since Beta 2013, I never saw a class and playing style gutted like this.
    Players invested years and a lot of money into learning and mastering the Sorc as it was designed.

This patch completely breaks the original Sorcs design.
    This way the patch is breaking the promise the players built on.

Edited by BalticBlues on October 17, 2018 4:18PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can still stack the shields. The hp cap isnt a nerf to shield stacking specifically, its just a flat out nerf to shields in general.

Crit dmg? Except many sorcs were running impen and crit res in CP. And those who were not running impen, they were running well fitted. Aka actually investing into defenses like every other build. Clearly not ignoring them. And if you seriously want to go by the definition of ignoring mechanics, then at least dont be a hypocrite. Shields couldnt crit themselves and any dmg they were taking ignored resistance mitigations. You see, it goes both ways.

Not saying that shields didnt need adjustments, they did. Mostly because they are horribly designed, not because they were OP cause they were certainly not besides some niche 1v1 scenarios but regardless, this whole notion of just going full offence, ignoring mechanics, not investing into survivability, and being a glass cannon tank is really only a fairy tale created by people who have zero clue about the class. But its not all their fault, shield UI is horrible so its indeed hard to actually understand what is happening when you are attacking shields.
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge is not equivalent to shields. Trying to cap dodge in the same manner as shields isn't logical.

Dodge evades 100% of dodgeable attacks during its window. Dodge has a small window. Dodge has a stacking cost increase. Dodge can be spammed but not stacked. Dodge has a multitude of counters that directly bypass the dodge mechanic entirely.

Shields mitigate damage up to thw shield strength. Sheilds do not have a stacking cost increase. Sheilds scale with maximum resource. Shields have a 6 second window. Sheilds can be spammed and stacked. Shields have a few counters that directly bypass the shield mechanic entirely.

A dodge with 9k stam is 100% as effective as a dodge with 50k stam. A shield with 9k mag is not even remotely as effective as a shield with 50k mag.

Stacking stamina does not make dodge stronger it only increases the number of times you can dodge. Stacking magicka makes sheilds stronger and increases the number of times you can shield.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc's can go in essence full glass cannon while retaining strong defenses comparable to more balanced stam/mag builds of other classes. These defenses are not impervious though and can be beaten even 1v1. Nevertheless the defense available to mag sorcs while stacking offensive stats is disproportionate to other classes.

Regardless, shields are being nerfed because of their over-performance in PVE. This affects Mag sorcs in PVP the most but mag sorcs in PVP are not the sole basis of the shield changes. Many mechanics can be effectively ignored on mag where stam must avoid. Groups for dungeons/trials strongly encouraged and recruited mag because of survivability even when damage was not as competitive. Healers were abandoned by many groups in many content.

These changes may very well not lead to the results desired. However pretending that shields were not over performing in relation to investment is disingenuous at best.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on October 17, 2018 4:23PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc's can go in essence full glass cannon while retaining strong defenses comparable to more balanced stam/mag builds of other classes. These defenses are not impervious though and can be beaten even 1v1. Nevertheless the defense available to mag sorcs while stacking offensive stats is disproportionate to other classes.

Regardless, shields are being nerfed because of their over-performance in PVE. This affects Mag sorcs in PVP the most but mag sorcs in PVP are not the sole basis of the shield changes. Many mechanics can be effectively ignored on mag where stam must avoid. Groups for dungeons/trials strongly encouraged and recruited mag because of survivability even when damage was not as competitive. Healers were abandoned by many groups in many content.

These changes may very well not lead to the results desired. However pretending that shields were not over performing in relation to investment is disingenuous at best.

The problem with this line of thinking is that certain encounters / mechanics were so overtuned / designed with shields and CP in mind that unless you were the top 1% of the playerbase, you pretty much HAD to run shields to keep yourself alive.

VMA is a great example. Does anyone have the stats of magicka clears compared to stamina clears? I'm pretty sure that would help to prove my point.

Yes, shields allow you to cheese SOME content, but they're almost vital for other content. This change had to come with a general rebalancing of content and re-thinking of the way healers are incorporated into encounters and how mechanics force groups to split apart in general, and none of that happened. Not a single trial or dungeon was touched. That's why I'm pissed off more than anything.
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think very many people think that shields - compared to what stamina had to work with - were fine in PvE. People look at PvP magsorcs on the other hand and see...a 'strong' shield and a massive max magicka pool - then they see very little armor and stop looking entirely.

What they don't see is the limited itemization options because magsorcs HAVE to invest into max magicka. Players don't realize that shields are a primary defense, and like all other classes' primary defense mechanisms are built-around. Players don't see the comparatively low spell damage, high regen and (depending on how the sorc has done their enchants, I suppose) higher-than-average cost reduction. They don't see one, sometimes even two armor sets (or even a monster set - what other class can feasibly run a sustain monster set and not think 'I'm gimping myself, I shoulda just gone with more damage'?) dedicated to sustaining.

They don't see the additional sustain sorcs have to invest in if they want to make use of Dark Deal. What other class has a magicka sustain mechanism that SUCKS UP THE OTHER RESOURCE? They don't see that sorcs have to invest in additional stam sustain (see blood spawn pieces, amber plasm, shacklebreaker - I've heard people sometimes run both of those, too).

And they don't see how magsorcs are forced to set up their bars if they want to even have a chance at killing or surviving anything, but I won't go into that. Lastly, it seems a fair number of folks don't realize what's UNDER the shields (aka nothing - nada, zilch). No layered HoTs, no block or dodge (unless they sacrifice impen for well-fitted or w/e, which strains the stam pool already strained by DD requirements even more), no massive armor mitigation. They compare one shield to one vigor and scream 'OP!'

In short, your first sentence is wrong, though I agree concerning PvE only.
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused at why people always bring up 55 to 60k max Magicka builds when talking about shields. Those builds aren't really viable in cyrodiil and only serve a purpose when dueling where they are actually balanced because all the stamina builds have 30k resist and 5k weapon damage.

In cyrodiil a 60k max mag dueling build will actually be less survivable than a balanced 40k mag build with a big Stam poll and high mag regen. Which leads to my next point there is no way as a mag build to build for damage in open world. You need to build for too much mag sustain and Stam to focus on damage.

Now if you are a medium armor open world build and come across a 60k mag dueling build yes you will probably lose, but you should lose because you fought someone who specialized their build for 1v1 you put that same build in a 1vX situation and it won't perform.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused at why people always bring up 55 to 60k max Magicka builds when talking about shields. Those builds aren't really viable in cyrodiil and only serve a purpose when dueling where they are actually balanced because all the stamina builds have 30k resist and 5k weapon damage.

In cyrodiil a 60k max mag dueling build will actually be less survivable than a balanced 40k mag build with a big Stam poll and high mag regen. Which leads to my next point there is no way as a mag build to build for damage in open world. You need to build for too much mag sustain and Stam to focus on damage.

Now if you are a medium armor open world build and come across a 60k mag dueling build yes you will probably lose, but you should lose because you fought someone who specialized their build for 1v1 you put that same build in a 1vX situation and it won't perform.

Yep.. it's basically a very niche build with very glaring weaknesses. (I've played it so I know the weaknesses). The nerfs aren't bringing balance, just killing what little diversity the class had.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We filled a 20 pages long "Sorcs pain points" thread on the game mechanics forum.

They did not implement one, just a single one of the suggestions. They implemented only nerfs, only one of which (shields stacking) being a traditional NB "cry nerf" magnet.

End result: whole class DESTROYED but... can still shields stack.
    Options
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impregnable light + cp on light armor focus + some protective jewelz ie or 1 piece pirate skeleton or the whole set = ?

So your amazing build has Impregnable light + lich that is mandatory for the worst sustaining class in the game.

Good, now how will you do damage?
    That extra mag recovery you miss before lich procs?
    That alot extra stam recovery you miss in general?
    Max stamina?
    Max magica?

All settled up, build is working perfectly.

Let me guess, magsorcs are damage beasts they dont need a dps set?

I just posted half the set up lol, I did on porpuse so you can add the rest (insert any 5 piece) :) I mean I'm not here to debate my little forum warior just trying to help... But if you are a smart cookie you can run it all Devines (because impreg will take care of your inpen)add spell dmg boon (400 plus spell dmg) I'll leave the rest for you... I wonder if your keyboard warrior skills match your pvp combat skills as well because seem to talk a lot of caca lol.
    Edited by Arkangeloski on October 18, 2018 1:30AM
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impregnable light + cp on light armor focus + some protective jewelz ie or 1 piece pirate skeleton or the whole set = ?

So your amazing build has Impregnable light + lich that is mandatory for the worst sustaining class in the game.

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

I just posted half the set up lol, I did on porpuse so you can add the rest (insert any 5 piece) :) I mean I'm not here to debate my little forum warior just trying to help... But if you are a smart cookie you can run it all Devines (because impreg will take care of your inpen)add spell dmg boon (400 plus spell dmg) I'll leave the rest for you... I wonder if your keyboard warrior skills match your pvp combat skills as well because seem to talk a lot of caca lol.

No sorc atm stacks up spell dmg because its useless for magsorc main defense: Shields, the one you all whine for. Theres a better set to get 500+ spell dmg while having the impen + max mag mundus but hey, clueless forum warriors who whine for nerfs how would they know?

Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A dodge with 9k stam is 100% as effective as a dodge with 50k stam. A shield with 9k mag is not even remotely as effective as a shield with 50k mag.

Stacking stamina does not make dodge stronger it only increases the number of times you can dodge. Stacking magicka makes sheilds stronger and increases the number of times you can shield.

You aren't wrong but you only look at it from one side. You dodge also doesn't get weaker if you don't invest heavily into Stam (but e.g. Into Regen or weapon dmg).
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heavy Armor Stamina Online will commence.
    [...] Go refarm gear and relearn a completely different playstyle.
    Or quit or take a break from the game.

"We will support you playing the way you want to play."[/i]
    --- ESO Development Team, March 2014

So this just is it?
    The end of the promise given to us?
    The end of the Sorc Class as we know it and we want to play it?

Breaking the promise by removing the 3rd Sorc bar which is needed to make up for too many needed Sorc spells and too many slots double-blocked by Pets. Breaking the promise by making LA worse for spells than HA for the first time by giving shields casted in LA less resistance. Breaking the promise by arbitrarily capping shields and arbitrary new pet rules so that pets now sometimes die constantly and sometimes never. To be continued...

Playing since Beta 2013, I never saw a class and playing style gutted like this.
    Players invested years and a lot of money into learning and mastering the Sorc as it was designed.

This patch completely breaks the original Sorcs design.
    This way the patch is breaking the promise the players built on.

Welcome to DKs world, also known as the street of the broken promises.

If you knew how many times ZoS promised a buff to Dks and give it in exchange of a couple nerfs... but it's too late now. It's their new balance model. They picked the leat played class on Morrowind to improve their nerf hammer and have been doing that the last 4 patches. And now they're doing the same with one of the two most popular classes.
    We never stopped them on time, in fact there was people celebrating those nerfs as there are people celebrating the nerfs to Sorcs. What they will never know is that the nerf hammer, after is done with sorcs, will go against their classes, making the game even worts.

The trick is just making us fight each other. The classes are just flags and crests followed by forum warriors, and ZoS decisions, while criticised for the class followers and some other people that looks beyond their own class, gets a high support on the other class forum warriors.

In fact, the alliance war in the forums is way better than in Cyrodiil. Now there's this alliance between stam classes against shields, supported by some magicka players, while the rest of magicka classes and some stamsorcs see it as a clear nerf that goes nowhere. Next patch it will be the nerf to 7thL and Fury and maybe ravager, and all the magicka alliance will support it.

I thing ZoS sould redesign alliance war to represent what is seen in the forums... 2 big alliances, Magicka vs Stamina, with smaller communities (stam and mag sorc, DK, templar, warden and nb, for example) that each patch, depending on how the nerf hammer affects them, take one or the other position.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

Considering that you are telling people to be smart and run full divines in PVP then you probably shouldnt talk about combat skill or PVP in general.
    Options
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

Considering that you are telling people to be smart and run full divines in PVP then you probably shouldnt talk about combat skill or PVP in general.

Do you know what impregnable armor does? Obviously the one that does not know squat about pvp is you lol... Impregnable armor gives about 3k more or less(correct me if I'm wrong) crit resistances passively giving you room to spec in other traits other than impen lol do your homework before you post son... The most tankier players in cyrodiil run 4k crit resistances ATM so for a non tank spec 3k crit resistances are very nice... And all devines
    Edited by Arkangeloski on October 19, 2018 12:21AM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

Do you know what impregnable armor does? Obviously the one that does not know squat about pvp is you lol... Impregnable armor gives about 3k more or less(correct me if I'm wrong) crit resistances passively giving you room to spec in other traits other than impen lol do your homework before you post son... The most tankier players in cyrodiil run 4k crit resistances ATM so for a non tank spec 3k crit resistances are very nice... And all devines

That's not it.
    Divines is simply a much weaker trait than Impen. Calculate how many set boni you get for running all divines, it's not that much. Then look at how much mitigation Impen gives you, and how many stats you had to give up to get there. Choosing Impen and getting the offense from Divines elsewhere, is simply more efficient.

Oh, Impreg is 2500 crit resist. 1k from small pieces Impen puts you at a comfortable 3500 crit resist, with CPs being saved for Hardy/Elemental Defender. Remember, shields will take a crabton of damage with Nerfmire, and generally be smaller. You're gonna need some hefty mitigation.
    Edited by Lord-Otto on October 19, 2018 4:54AM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

That's not it.
    Divines is simply a much weaker trait than Impen. Calculate how many set boni you get for running all divines, it's not that much. Then look at how much mitigation Impen gives you, and how many stats you had to give up to get there. Choosing Impen and getting the offense from Divines elsewhere, is simply more efficient.

Oh, Impreg is 2500 crit resist. 1k from small pieces Impen puts you at a comfortable 3500 crit resist, with CPs being saved for Hardy/Elemental Defender. Remember, shields will take a crabton of damage with Nerfmire, and generally be smaller. You're gonna need some hefty mitigation.

Then it's 2k impen in murks
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then you run into proc sets with your Impregnable and Full Divines Setup and are in for a rude awakening.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

That's not it.

Huh? What do you mean?
    (o.0)
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

That's not it.

Huh? What do you mean?
    (o.0)

Impregnable’s 5pc gets reduced from 2,500 to 2,000 crit resistance in Update 20.

Edit: From the 4.2.2 PTS notes
    Impregnable: Reduced the maximum bonus of this item set’s Critical Resistance to 2000 with 5 pieces of gold quality from 2500.

Developer Comment:

This set was reducing damage far more than any other set in the game and limiting gear diversity for defensive sets. This change still retains the power of the set while bringing it more in line with other defensive sets, since this still only reduces damage from Critical Strikes rather than all damage taken.
    Edited by Feanor on October 19, 2018 12:46PM
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

That's not it.

Huh? What do you mean?
    (o.0)

Impregnable’s 5pc gets reduced from 2,500 to 2,000 crit resistance in Update 20.

Impregnable: Reduced the maximum bonus of this item set’s Critical Resistance to 2000 with 5 pieces of gold quality from 2500.

Developer Comment:

This set was reducing damage far more than any other set in the game and limiting gear diversity for defensive sets. This change still retains the power of the set while bringing it more in line with other defensive sets, since this still only reduces damage from Critical Strikes rather than all damage taken.

It's how Zos roll. When they want to nerf a class, they Nerf it.
    Not enough to completely gut one of the man class mechanics, they also hit the fall-back options too.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Max stamina?
    Max magica?

That's not it.

Huh? What do you mean?
    (o.0)

Developer Comment:

Oh, right! I really forgot that over the shield debacle! xD
    Mhmh, so it's 3k with four Impen. Still a nice value, and CP are even more useful that way.
    I really don't want to, but I fear Impreg might become a meta for sorcs. This is so far from the mobile glass cannon mages are supposed to be... *sigh*
    =/
    Options