The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »
    i play dk from 2004 and both stam and magicka have very poor playing style for pvp

playing magicka you only have to Petrify your enemy to dead and spam Lava Whip this is effective

playing stam dk is very bad you have to choice

1- to be a meat shield take a huge amount of damage and return any damage and die good to push the front line in cyrodiil
    2- dps choice are very bad because all sacrifice you need to do to gain dps
    2-1-because dk have any Burst damage, yes dk have strong DoT but have anything to reduce healing so your DOT is useless your enemy will heal back easy compare( NB have Major Defile and is also a only 70 point ultimate Death Stroke /facepalm to balance ) , so DK dps melee rely on bow (Lethal Arrow) mean range attack , /facepalm do you think this make sense to use and rely on a range attack for a melee dps this is so bad and broken just there this show how poor the class is fix

how to start fixing this issue simple fix start give them a Minor Defile now the next question on what skill , this open the door to some very kool concep :smile: in my opinion melee stam dk suffer to dont have Minor Defile or major Defile , so for now the melee stam DK is good to be a meat shield or rely on a range attack Oo 2lvfw9u.jpg

You mean 2014? Lol, the game did not even exist in 2004. Well, I think DKs need some form of sustain buff. Almost all DK problems basically come from sustain as none of our passives are good at sustaining except situationally (e.g burning /poisoned status effect for Combustion, needing ult for Battle Roar while we crawl our way to the ult with slow ultgen for a class dependent on ult for sustain). I don't know, maybe Major Defile might help but I think as soon as sustaining is not a minigame, DKs will be whole lot better.

yea your right my mistake, 2004 is the time i start playing wow :) yea i understand player have the feeling dk always run short to sustain but also having Minor Defile or major Defile this will increase the cost to sustaining to other class :)
    also this make any sense for a melee to back off and using bow to have Major Defile :(

The best way to play stamdk is with S&B as your main damage weapon, reverb as your stun + Major defile and Heroic slash as your great damage spammable + minor main, minor heroism, 60% snare and the way to use bash that doesn't cost much and that deal ton of damage.

You don't need a bow for major defile.
    Edited by Aedaryl on September 14, 2018 10:45AM
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    i play dk from 2004 and both stam and magicka have very poor playing style for pvp

playing magicka you only have to Petrify your enemy to dead and spam Lava Whip this is effective

1- to be a meat shield take a huge amount of damage and return any damage and die good to push the front line in cyrodiil
    2-1-because dk have any Burst damage, yes dk have strong DoT but have anything to reduce healing so your DOT is useless your enemy will heal back easy compare( NB have Major Defile and is also a only 70 point ultimate Death Stroke /facepalm to balance ) , so DK dps melee rely on bow (Lethal Arrow) mean range attack , /facepalm do you think this make sense to use and rely on a range attack for a melee dps this is so bad and broken just there this show how poor the class is fix

how to start fixing this issue simple fix start give them a Minor Defile now the next question on what skill , this open the door to some very kool concep :smile: in my opinion melee stam dk suffer to dont have Minor Defile or major Defile , so for now the melee stam DK is good to be a meat shield or rely on a range attack Oo 2lvfw9u.jpg

You mean 2014? Lol, the game did not even exist in 2004. Well, I think DKs need some form of sustain buff. Almost all DK problems basically come from sustain as none of our passives are good at sustaining except situationally (e.g burning /poisoned status effect for Combustion, needing ult for Battle Roar while we crawl our way to the ult with slow ultgen for a class dependent on ult for sustain). I don't know, maybe Major Defile might help but I think as soon as sustaining is not a minigame, DKs will be whole lot better.

yea your right my mistake, 2004 is the time i start playing wow :) yea i understand player have the feeling dk always run short to sustain but also having Minor Defile or major Defile this will increase the cost to sustaining to other class :)
    also this make any sense for a melee to back off and using bow to have Major Defile :(

The best way to play stamdk is with S&B as your main damage weapon, reverb as your stun + Major defile and Heroic slash as your great damage spammable + minor main, minor heroism, 60% snare and the way to use bash that doesn't cost much and that deal ton of damage.

100% agree the sad part your limited to stick with S&B to have Major defile , because is not a class skill

Edited by charley222 on September 14, 2018 5:03PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭

i try it again before replying and is bad
    1- S&B very low damage
    2- dk have no execute and Major defile

everything is for NB Major defile execute athe broken cloak to spam to zone and heal dodge :(

Minor Maim is just useless nb just cloak also dk dont sustain=dead vs nb just spam cloak and zone

DK is just no match and garbage vs all dps nb burst in a few sec and on fail nb just have tp cloak and zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8YZ8yzhnoc&t=388s funny on this channel you dont see 1 dk stam build
    because the class run short , anyway thx for trying to help but is not working to my satisfaction , vs pro this will fail

the wall of the covenant
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps then a secondary effect on Venomous Claw that causes it to do spammable type damage to targets already affected by the dot?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1- S&B very low damage

everything is for NB Major defile execute athe broken cloak to spam to zone and heal dodge :(

Minor Maim is just useless nb just cloak also dk dont sustain=dead vs nb just spam cloak and zone

DK is just no match and garbage vs all dps nb burst in a few sec and on fail nb just have tp cloak and zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8YZ8yzhnoc&t=388s funny on this channel you dont see 1 dk stam build
    because the class run short , anyway thx for trying to help but is not working to my satisfaction , vs pro this will fail

Dk isn't NB. Just accept it. S&B is very good damage since bash does a lot of damage.

Dk isn't garbage at all. Stam dk are strong. Different and probably a bit less powerfull from NB, but strong.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭

1- S&B very low damage

Dk isn't NB. Just accept it. S&B is very good damage since bash does a lot of damage.

Dk isn't garbage at all. Stam dk are strong. Different and probably a bit less powerfull from NB, but strong.

this is only your opinion and your opinion are not back up with anything , you already say dk have less dps , mean enemy will just heal back because dk have any Major Defile to the class skill mean you are limited to some build , i make amost all build this game have to offer from day 1 this game is release , and now dk are just so under power 1-, NB are able to be full medium and sustain so much more stamina vs dk
    2- nb gank for the first attack and having to take the first burst + the Major Defile your already amost dead nb just have to cloak again and you are dead ,
    3- dk can not cloak mean dk can not affort to be gank in full medium because the bust dps and the Major Defile , already this video explain everything very well
    4- nb control the paste of the fight in anytime they just have to cloak heal and comeback to burst you down , on you side you can not disengage or zone :(

this is the damage i take in less of 2 sec after get Unbreakable Fear if i`m not dead the guy cloak and gank me again and i`m dead i can not heal back , and have any control because this stupid combat ,every damage i make allow the nb to spam cloak and my DOT are useless i also try to Petrify and is just not working vs high level nb i just get rush down and can not recouver
    i got 60% critical resistance 33k health and around 30% physical resistance

2vcus7r.png

i got 60% critical resistance 33k health and around 30% physical resistance and are hopeless vs nb to much broken burst dps + Unbreakable Fear + 70 point ultimate+ Major Defile+Major Fracture in less or 2 sec = dead , not dead np just cloak spam and make it again Oo

prove your claim is easy to make some blabla and back up anything :( i`m going to msg some nb and let see how you do vs them ?? i will make 1 video and show on this forum how you do well ?? soung good ?
    Edited by charley222 on September 15, 2018 9:49PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1- S&B very low damage

this is only your opinion and your opinion are not back up with anything , you already say dk have less dps , mean enemy will just heal back because dk have any Major Defile to the class skill mean you are limited to some build , i make amost all build this game have to offer from day 1 this game is release , and now dk are just so under power 1-, NB are able to be full medium and sustain so much more stamina vs dk
    2- nb gank for the first attack and having to take the first burst + the Major Defile your already amost dead nb just have to cloak again and you are dead ,
    3- dk can not cloak mean dk can not affort to be gank in full medium because the bust dps and the Major Defile , already this video explain everything very well
    4- nb control the paste of the fight in anytime they just have to cloak heal and comeback to burst you down , on you side you can not disengage or zone :(

this is the damage i take in less of 2 sec after get Unbreakable Fear if i`m not dead the guy cloak and gank me again and i`m dead i can not heal back , and have any control because this stupid combat every damage i make allow the nb to cloak back and my DOT is useless and Petrify just not working vs high level nb i just get rush down and can not recouver

2vcus7r.png

i got 60% critical resistance 33k health and around 30% physical resistance and are hopeless vs nb to much dps burst and Unbreakable Fear 70 point ultimate and Major Defile+Major Fracture= dead , not dead np just cloak spam and make it again Oo

prove your claim is easy to make some blabla and back up anything :( i`m going to msg some nb and let see how you do vs them ?? i will make 1 video and show on this forum how you do well ?? soung good ?

This is a L2P issue.

He didn't gank you since you got poison injection on you, so you knew he would come.

Also, you didn't block/dodge the the spectral bow after the incap, which is a second mistake.

Finally, it didn't happened in less than 2s but in 5s : Poison injection initial tick (1s)/Fear (2s)/Incap(3s)/Assassin's courge (4s)/Suprise attack (5s). If you don't react VS a nooblade (because it was a noob that didn't even weaved light attack between skills) it's not NB being so better than your DK, but you being bad at DK.

And don't bring me your unbreakable fear argument. It's a bug that rarely happen, and you don't balance class on bug.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭

1- S&B very low damage

this is the damage i take in less of 2 sec after get Unbreakable Fear if i`m not dead the guy cloak and gank me again and i`m dead i can not heal back , and have any control because this stupid combat every damage i make allow the nb to cloak back and my DOT is useless and Petrify just not working vs high level nb i just get rush down and can not recouver

2vcus7r.png

i got 60% critical resistance 33k health and around 30% physical resistance and are hopeless vs nb to much dps burst and Unbreakable Fear 70 point ultimate and Major Defile+Major Fracture= dead , not dead np just cloak spam and make it again Oo

This is a L2P issue.

He didn't gank you since you got poison injection on you, so you knew he would come.

Also, you didn't block/dodge the the spectral bow after the incap, which is a second mistake.

Finally, it didn't happened in less than 2s but in 5s : Poison injection initial tick (1s)/Fear (2s)/Incap(3s)/Assassin's courge (4s)/Suprise attack (5s). If you don't react VS a nooblade (because it was a noob that didn't even weaved light attack between skills) it's not NB being so better than your DK, but you being bad at DK.

And don't bring me your unbreakable fear argument. It's a bug that rarely happen, and you don't balance class on bug.

is look you dont have much to bring on the table , maybe only trying to bailt something with the LTP , i use the word gank for something you dont see mean cloak , now you try to find some justification to prove your point , only me know happen in this battle oh and the NB :) what i understand here is you try to bait me with the LTP but on the other side you come here giving some LTP ADVICE lol and i`m just asking you np show me i have one NB for you to battle and you back down :( dude next time give any advise you can not back up or show :) i respect you have your opinion but i`m not agree so i just asking you show me :)but you backdown and become toxic , maybe because you know deep inside ,you dont want to make a clown of your self get you butt wipe in 5 sec vs Grand Overlord , i understand :) , this nb will kill you in less of 5 sec lolol my point here the combat Mechanics is just so unbalance in this game in high level of gameplay and broken to a ridicule :(

OH btw you say (And don't bring me your (It's a bug that rarely happen)argument. It's a bug that rarely happen, and you don't balance class on bug)

so your justification is (It's a bug that rarely happen) LMAO everyone know a game having a bug , is got always way to trigger the bug Oo
    yea your right (It's a bug that rarely happen) just google eso https://www.google.ca/search?biw=1216&bih=503&ei=HIidW9uwC-3L5gKV7o2oDw&q=eso+unbreakble+fear+&oq=eso+unbreakble+fear+&gs_l=psy-ab.3...135551.167225.0.167560.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1j2.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.du6raW4NEAo (It's a bug that rarely happen) LMAO

i guess you expose you playing NB here :)
    Edited by charley222 on September 16, 2018 1:26AM
    the wall of the covenant
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at patch notes, guys there’s no point in asking for changes they aren’t coming. Why in the hell did they reduce the range of whip and also add a cost to powerlash.
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Lol at patch notes, guys there’s no point in asking for changes they aren’t coming. Why in the hell did they reduce the range of whip and also add a cost to powerlash.

So basically you are saying they heard what the class rep said and did the exact opposite?

Dks need sustain? Let’s make their whip cost more and reduce its range while we’re at it...

The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

So basically you are saying they heard what the class rep said and did the exact opposite?

Dks need sustain? Let’s make their whip cost more and reduce its range while we’re at it...

Lads...
    Elder Dragon: This passive ability now also increases the range of all instant-cast melee abilities 1 meter per rank, in addition to granting Health Recovery for each Draconic Power ability slotted.

There's 2 ranks to Elder Dragon currently. Therefore they merely reduced Whip range from 8m to 7m while also buffing the range of Burning Embers from 5m to 7m.

Read the patch notes.
    EU | PC | AD
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that part but it’s still meaningless. Both skills can only hit when you are facing your target. Regardless of their additional or lack of range the skills them selves don’t fire off as much pre nerf when they went through dodge roll.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    pteam wrote: »

Lads...
    Elder Dragon: This passive ability now also increases the range of all instant-cast melee abilities 1 meter per rank, in addition to granting Health Recovery for each Draconic Power ability slotted.

There's 2 ranks to Elder Dragon currently. Therefore they merely reduced Whip range from 8m to 7m while also buffing the range of Burning Embers from 5m to 7m.

Read the patch notes.

Just dueled a few dozen people. It's still hard as hell to actually land Burning Embers (and damn near impossible to land Power Lash) on people with swift traits. A two meter increase to one ability and a one meter decrease to the other means absolutely nothing. But, hey, our sustain (which suffers the most) will now suffer more that our only "pseudo execute" is now dodgable and costs more magicka.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is high time I actually really quit this game and never look back instead of long break. Seriously. MDKs clearly didn't need sustain when mDK skills cost more than their stam counterparts and yet stam loses damage for sustain help. Wtf is ZOS even doing with class reps? Just to do exact opposite? I called whip range nerf also. They'd rather nerf the range down to extend to 8m everyrthing. And Elder Dragon passive still is useless. Really... ugh.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is high time I actually really quit this game and never look back instead of long break. Seriously. MDKs clearly didn't need sustain when mDK skills cost more than their stam counterparts and yet stam loses damage for sustain help. Wtf is ZOS even doing with class reps? Just to do exact opposite? I called whip range nerf also. They'd rather nerf the range down to extend to 8m everyrthing. And Elder Dragon passive still is useless. Really... ugh.

I agree I been through so many nerfs and I'm just sick of the dk being crapped on and making horrible changes that no one asked for. Might be time to find a new game I'm done fighting a losing fight.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree I been through so many nerfs and I'm just sick of the dk being crapped on and making horrible changes that no one asked for. Might be time to find a new game I'm done fighting a losing fight.

And their solutions to 'we want more control over fight instead of giving cc immunity with Power Lash' is to make it cost, have 3 seconds cooldown and making it dodgeable. I sorta had hopes that they'd listen this time but they keep insisting on doing the opposite or do things nobody asked for. Like that shield nerf with cast time. The game is more of a chore than something enjoyable at this point. Power Lash was about the only real satisfactory aspect of mDK and now they are taking it away to make sustain worse while their promised 'Light Armor sustain buff' is not a buff at all but a shifting of passives. This game is just not worth it anymore if I have to do more math to just to perform subpar-ly in open world or solo.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on September 18, 2018 7:41AM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I concur. And as stamDK, I'll say that change is by far not enough; we've given up damage for an equivalent of a single regen glyph - but thing is, it doesn't change anything. Redguards (adrenaline rush amounts to about two glyphs) could sustain light attack rotation with spammable before, and still will be able to do now. All other races couldn't sustain that rotation - and they still won't be able to; the only change is that now, to sustain it, we'll have to nerf ourselves for a hundred and a half weapon damage instead of three hundreds. And we already lost a chunk of damage from the passive change.

Playing the class and race I enjoy begins to feel like swimming against the current. I'm getting tired of the game constantly reminding me how I'm inferior for the choices I made. I'm not sure I'll be prolonging my subscription this fall; and sure as eggs are eggs, I'm going to look around for other games.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure out why ZOS is handing everything to StamBlades. First- they nerfed the living *** out of blocking (the DK's main defense). Then they promoted bleeds and Sloads (which ignores our innate defenses). So, of course, we drop SnB gameplay and look into damage shields... and now they make shielding damn near impossible. Our only defense is healing now... which they also add this set to counter:

Soldier of Anguish (Medium)
    2: Weapon Damage
    3: Weapon Critical
    4: Weapon Damage
    5: When you deal damage with a melee attack, you have a 25% chance to traumatize your enemy, negating their next 5500 points of healing for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

So ZOS just wants everyone to run around on Stamblades with Master's DW, Master's 2H, Soldier of Anguish, and Sloads… just ganking people and disappearing. Completely immune to DK DoTs (conversely denying their heals as well) because they can spam cloak. Yet what's the penalty for spamming cloak? *** nothing!

You can't spam roll dodge without penalty. You can't hold block without penalty. You can't spam bolt escape without penalty. You can't spam shields without penalty. But cloak? Penalty free. #ThisGameBelongsToNightblades
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure out why ZOS is handing everything to StamBlades. First- they nerfed the living *** out of blocking (the DK's main defense). Then they promoted bleeds and Sloads (which ignores our innate defenses). So, of course, we drop SnB gameplay and look into damage shields... and now they make shielding damn near impossible. Our only defense is healing now... which they also add this set to counter:

5: When you deal damage with a melee attack, you have a 25% chance to traumatize your enemy, negating their next 5500 points of healing for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

So ZOS just wants everyone to run around on Stamblades with Master's DW, Master's 2H, Soldier of Anguish, and Sloads… just ganking people and disappearing. Completely immune to DK DoTs (conversely denying their heals as well) because they can spam cloak. Yet what's the penalty for spamming cloak? *** nothing!

You can't spam roll dodge without penalty. You can't hold block without penalty. You can't spam bolt escape without penalty. You can't spam shields without penalty. But cloak? Penalty free. #ThisGameBelongsToNightblades

I am 100% sure they collect feedbacks from other classes just to do the opposite. Apparently, NBs are poor marginalized class that can do nothing. When in reality they eat other classes alive given the equal skill level of players.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on September 18, 2018 10:40PM
  • XZS2JHub17_ESO
    XZS2JHub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Passives need a tuning.
    2. Stam dk needs more lovin'
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭

Dont forget about fear being insta cast and hard to cc break even with full stam.

I will say in cloaks defense though its super easy to counter. Theres detect potions, several AoE skills that pull them out of stealth and if they have a DoT on anyone when it deals damage they get pulled out of stealth (including from weapon enchants)
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dont forget about fear being insta cast and hard to cc break even with full stam.

I will say in cloaks defense though its super easy to counter. Theres detect potions, several AoE skills that pull them out of stealth and if they have a DoT on anyone when it deals damage they get pulled out of stealth (including from weapon enchants)

First- you do realize how small the radius of Mage Light is, right? It's embarrassing. Not only that- but now it lets stealthed people know that you're looking for them. Second- the DK AOE skills that reveal NBs are ***. Spiked armor is crap. Talons will grab someone and they can literally cloak while in talons.

And as for the highlighted part: that's *** because NBs QQed enough in the forums so that they could hit enemies with Sloads and it wouldn't pull them from stealth.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    I have only one problem with MagDK.. "No finisher"

Stone Fist / 4050 Magicka < Slam an enemy with solid rock, dealing 492 Magic Damage and stunning them for 3 seconds.
    Deals 100% more damage if you successfully stun the target.

(Morphs)

Obsidian Shard / 4050 Magicka < Slam an enemy with solid volcanic glass, dealing 496 Magic Damage. Deals 300% more damage to targets at or below 25% Heath. (Stun has been taken away and it's converted to a finisher. Costs more but will prove beneficial.)

&

Stone Giant / 3240 Magicka < Slam an enemy with solid rock, dealing 496 Magic Damage and stunning them for 3 seconds.
    Deals 100% more damage if you successfully stun the target. You also gain Minor Resolve, which increases your Physical Resistance by 1320 for 15 seconds. (Reduces the cost. You also gain Minor Resolve, increasing your Physical Resistance.)

(See what I did there?)

"Since when did a sharp shard of obsidian ever healed anyone?"
    (Here let me jam this sharp piece of volcanic glass in your wounds.. You'll be aight.)
    Edited by KhemSihr on September 28, 2018 7:14PM
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    KhemSihr wrote: »
    (Here let me jam this sharp piece of volcanic glass in your wounds.. You'll be aight.)

Interestingly enough (although off-topic), some scalpels are actually made with obsidian, as it can be sharpened to a ridiculously fine point. So it would make sense to say that a very sharp piece of volcanic glass can be involved in one's healing process.

Just my Friday fun fact o:)
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭

Interestingly enough (although off-topic), some scalpels are actually made with obsidian, as it can be sharpened to a ridiculously fine point. So it would make sense to say that a very sharp piece of volcanic glass can be involved in one's healing process.

Just my Friday fun fact o:)

Scalpels < Wound : Inflicting injury to living tissue by a "cut".
    Wound is a cut, blow, or other impact, typically one in which the skin is cut or broken.

You are attacking your opponent with it..
    Last time I checked Aztecs were not using this for healing.

(This is not Obsius or Deepak Chopra Metaphysics)
    Edited by KhemSihr on September 28, 2018 7:15PM
  • Thalidar
    Thalidar
    ✭✭✭

As much as I feel and even understand what you're getting at, you're removing one of the few useful DK healer skills the class has. (And my main).

This is the DKs problem. Complete lack of diversity on a class designed for in a by gone era.

There is absolutely nothing for heals other than this skill, cauterize and cinder storm. Otherwise it's a few useful buffs and some dk tank passives. Even then you can't use half the good skills if you have a dk tank in game as you'll override there shields.

Zos simply needs to stop living in the past with this class and give them the same diversity the other classes now have.

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Skoomah wrote: »
    They should have picked class reps through a dueling tournament. This thread is garbage.

You definitely don't want to be represented by duelists. It's not a good representation of PVE or open-world PVP. Dueling is like .0001% of this game.

Honestly, a lot of issues could be solved by basing an ability off of max resource (stam or mag)… much like Flames of Oblivion, Domihaus, etc.

ZOS could change Molten Whip, Choking Talons, and Deep Breath to be either fire or poison damage... whichever resource was higher.
    Pain point #348: mDK execute (again)

From just today, alone (right after the Wolf Hunter release)

I've noticed that there are a lot more dodge builds popping up out there. I'm guessing that it's because of the change to Rune Cage and Sloads (they're now dodgable). The setup for our most powerful attack, Power Lash, is getting dodged like a mother [snip]er. The fact that it's a three part setup for Powerlash (talons, flame lash, powerlash) is really putting us at a disadvantage. I keep seeing my Burning Embers and Power Lash being dodged while my Leap and Empowering Chains keep popping up with "miss". Or even better yet- our "DOT based class" constantly has our DOTs being suppressed by Nightblades.

In the mean time- we're getting spammed by 2H Executioner, Mages Fury (and it's passive execute, mind you), Jesus Beams, cowardly poison injections from stealth, and Spin-to-Win Steel Tornados.

With our strongest defense (blocking) being nerfed and major defiles/bleeds/sloads whittling us down- we need to be able to be more on the offense against our opponents.

Can we please finally get a [snip]ing execute?

Fossilize is undodgeable and instantly procs powerlash. I DO want an execute though.

Foss do not proc Powerlash immediately. You need to land a regular lash on a stunned/immo enemy to set them off balance firts, THEN you can fire Powerlash...

That’s true. As I’ve said before I’ve been in the habit of automatically hitting a light attack whenever I whip and canceling the whips full animation I hardly notice the first regular whip going off before the powerlash animation goes off.

Some said earlier, “unless you blacked out, surely you remember hitting the button.” To which I answer, HARDLY.

Unless I really pay attention I just automatically do a light attack after each whip.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stone Fist / 4050 Magicka < Slam an enemy with solid rock, dealing 492 Magic Damage and stunning them for 3 seconds.

(Morphs)

Obsidian Shard / 4050 Magicka < Slam an enemy with solid volcanic glass, dealing 496 Magic Damage. Deals 300% more damage to targets at or below 25% Heath. (Stun has been taken away and it's converted to a finisher. Costs more but will prove beneficial.)

&

Stone Giant / 3240 Magicka < Slam an enemy with solid rock, dealing 496 Magic Damage and stunning them for 3 seconds.
    Deals 100% more damage if you successfully stun the target. (Reduces the cost. You also gain Minor Resolve, increasing your Physical Resistance.)

(See what I did there?)

Hell, you could keep both Stam and Mag happy with:

Obsidian Shard (4050 Magicka): Slam an enemy with a shard of molten volcanic glass, dealing #### flame damage and healing the caster or a nearby enemy for 50% of the initial damage done and stuns them for 1.5 seconds. Deals 250% more damage to targets under 25% health.

Stone Giant (3240 Stamina): Slam an enemy with solid rock, dealing #### physical damage and stunning them for 3 seconds. Deals 100% more damage if you successfully stun the target. You also gain Minor Resolve, which increases your Physical Resistance by 1320 for 15 seconds.

That way- mDKs can still heal allies and have an execute while stamDKs can benefit from more class skills and a resistance buff.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

(Morphs)

&

Deals 100% more damage if you successfully stun the target. (Reduces the cost. You also gain Minor Resolve, increasing your Physical Resistance.)

(See what I did there?)

Obsidian Shard (4050 Magicka): Slam an enemy with a shard of molten volcanic glass, dealing #### flame damage and healing the caster or a nearby enemy for 50% of the initial damage done and stuns them for 1.5 seconds. Deals 250% more damage to targets under 25% health.

Stone Giant (3240 Stamina): Slam an enemy with solid rock, dealing #### physical damage and stunning them for 3 seconds. Deals 100% more damage if you successfully stun the target. You also gain Minor Resolve, which increases your Physical Resistance by 1320 for 15 seconds.

That way- mDKs can still heal allies and have an execute while stamDKs can benefit from more class skills and a resistance buff.

stamDk really doesn't need another generic CC though. It would be have to something unique and probably way overperforming to make any difference cause petrify/dizzy swing/reverb bash/scattershot are all very strong CC options.

stamDk really doesn't need stam morphs just for the sake of giving it stam morphs. We already have that and its called...

Noxious breath.. And we all know how that turned out.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 29, 2018 1:28AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

(Morphs)

&

(See what I did there?)

stamDk really doesn't need another generic CC though. It would be have to something unique and probably way overperforming to make any difference cause petrify/dizzy swing/reverb bash/scattershot are all very strong CC options.

stamDk really doesn't need stam morphs just for the sake of giving it stam morphs. We already have that and its called...

Noxious breath.. And we all know how that turned out.

True. And with the new Blackrose Bow- we'll have a ranged CC+bleed. I still vote for a poison AOE like Hardened Armor or Inhale. (I still want to see poisoned dark talons, though.) Revert World In Ruin back to it's former self.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren