The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a proposal to scrap the third bar I will rally all the sorcs of Tamriel. We will be heard! Don't kid yourselves, Bound Armaments is not going to be moved to a passive, we will not get snare immunity from class skills, and we will not get more utility rolled into class skills. The forums couldn't handle it, it will be worse than the uproar over Sloads. But for my part I will make Sloads QQ look like a child's game if they go after my third bar.

t7mxfo.jpg

Love the passion! I'm with you brother!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    If there is a proposal to scrap the third bar I will rally all the sorcs of Tamriel. We will be heard! Don't kid yourselves, Bound Armaments is not going to be moved to a passive, we will not get snare immunity from class skills, and we will not get more utility rolled into class skills. The forums couldn't handle it, it will be worse than the uproar over Sloads. But for my part I will make Sloads QQ look like a child's game if they go after my third bar.

t7mxfo.jpg

bring in the big bois brother B)
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    "WTB Cryomancy, a Spellsword, intelligent Pets maybe?!"
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs need many serious nerfs.
    DKs a few serious nerf too.
    Well all classes need a serious nerf i would say.
    Dont even dare to think about nerfing that nightblade.

Nerf all, Nerf sorc more.

Buff nightblade.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I tell you right now, boiz'n'girlz, a magical Dawnbreaker is much, much more potent than being able to slot useless skills like Defensive Rune, Volcanic Rune, Inner Light and Rapids. Seriously, no mag char uses Rapids in combat. You slot and unslot it between battlefields. Same for Def Rune.
    Now, I would embrace having a bar morph and a Dawnbreaker morph of Overload, but if you have to choose - I'm telling you, you desperately want the Dawnbreaker!
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

Buff nightblade.

Unfortunately, that seems to be Wrobels mindset :disappointed:
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Well, I tell you right now, boiz'n'girlz, a magical Dawnbreaker is much, much more potent than being able to slot useless skills like Defensive Rune, Volcanic Rune, Inner Light and Rapids. Seriously, no mag char uses Rapids in combat. You slot and unslot it between battlefields. Same for Def Rune.
    Now, I would embrace having a bar morph and a Dawnbreaker morph of Overload, but if you have to choose - I'm telling you, you desperately want the Dawnbreaker!

How dare you asking for a dawnbreaker?
    Your equivalent is shooting star/ice comet that lands after 2 sec and probably people who play ESO 1 month or more can easily counter by pressing block.

Dawnbreaker is cheaper, better and AoE. Exactly what mighty hardmode heavy armor staminators need. Magica classes dont whine so much in forums to gain access to such glorious ultimates as dawnbreaker.
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on September 5, 2018 10:18AM
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    werzui wrote: »
    My 2 Painpoints for this Class (Stamina PoV):
    1. They need more Stamina based Ability Morphs, Crystal Blast would be an excellent option for a Stammorph, maybe a melee Spammable
    2. The Daedric Summoning Tree is almost unusable for Stamsorcs due to Passives requiering a Pet active. My suggestion for that would be to make at least one Pet a Stamina based morph or make Passives activate on a conjuration skill slotted and not on an active Pet!
    just my 2 cents

#PetsSuckD*ck B)

there is one thing i wanna ask aswell;
    can we pls get some skins for that scamp, like the warden's bear has one ?
    i mean come on, that thing is ugly af and i can't stand it's nasty appereance but i need tha lil sh*t to actually dps :D

just a random thougth to addon to my painpoints :o
    Edited by werzui on September 5, 2018 9:11PM
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    "WTB Cryomancy, a Spellsword, intelligent Pets maybe?!"
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done some reading of the last few pages and am a bit worried about some of the thoughtless suggestions to quite a few of the skills in the Sorcerer line-up. Please consider your suggestions before posting ideas such as complete overhauls of the entirety of the skill/passive. The changes may sound good on paper for some of the builds or uses but can have radical ramifications for some long standing builds. Examples are:

Overload rework to get rid of 3rd skillbar.
    Hurricane rework to get rid of defensives.
    Bound Armaments rework to only be for tanking.

The way a lot of these skills are designed allows them to be used by a variety of builds and while may seem to lack specific intended use will result in a lot more cookie-cutter builds and a regression of creativity. Please carefully consider each role use - tank/dps/healer - times the resource use - magicka/stamina/health - times the environment - pve/pvp/solo/group - before making assumptions about what a skill can do and should be doing. Do remember that Sorcerer can (should be able to) do more than just DPS.

I sense a complete disregard for the tanking role (for one) in these suggestions in terms of non-niche purposes and would warn against these kinds of ideas to be taken under serious advisement by the developers/class reps. Thank goodness they know what they're doing (ignoring the forums completely).

Thanks!
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that involve losing the third bar?

That would be a massive nerf that neither of my sorcs could recover from :/

They could. The second ultimate is much more important than activating a third bar that isn't always there and gets you killed while shaking your hands. Unless you glitch the third ult into it, which is morally questionable.
    But I guess there's no harm in just re-designing one morph. I assume Energy Overload is commonly unneeded?

I would MUCH rather have an ultimate that actually kills good players than a third bar I never use anyway.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Maybe we should repeat it for those too busy to read:

1) The OL bar is there to compensate for the loss of bar space caused by pets. Without a complete rework of how pets work (along the lines of the NB´s shade) this must not happen. The pet rework in turn would cause further problems, as recasting pets every 20 seconds or so would have an impact on both fighting style and magicka sustain.

2) It doesn´t hurt anyone not willing to use it, as Sorcs have the BEST ranged burst in the game, and they have Meteor AND Soulstrike AND OL Light Attack as a burst ulti already. Demanding more while ignoring the sorry state of the mostly useless class ultis of the other classes (Templar, DK) is unhealthy for the class balance as a whole.

3) StamSorcs are hit particularly hard by a loss of the OL bar, as it

a) is often the only ranged attack they have
    b) is the base of their speciality (AoE DPS)
    c) is the utility of that bar that gives them the special flavor when 9 of 10 other skills are identical to other Stam classes, and when they still lack a class spammable.

By changing our beloved Chrystal Frags, they took away a LOT of our class identity. Taking away our OL bar would do the rest.

If they changed OL fundamentally, MagSorcs would become a poor man´s MagBlade.

Meteor and Soul Strike and Overload are all TERRIBLE, LOL.

Meteor gets blocked all the time because Cage got nerfed. Soul Strike leaves you open to burst, can be LOS'ed.

Overload sucks donkey balls, which is why people are complaining in the first place. Overload is slow, can be easily dodged like a loosely packed snowball. Going in and out of Overload mode is clunky and will get you killed all the time.

Make Frags hit as hard as Assassin's Will and make Overload as strong and fast as Incap or Leap or Dawnbreaker... then Sorcs will have many problems solved.

Edited by Emma_Overload on September 6, 2018 6:32AM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way a lot of these skills are designed allows them to be used by a variety of builds and while may seem to lack specific intended use will result in a lot more cookie-cutter builds and a regression of creativity.

Sorry, but Sorc is the very pinnacle of non-creativity. Yes, you really can make anything work in any content outside Trials and PvP. That doesn’t mean the class shouldn’t be improved though even if it comes at the expense of some niche builds.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Maybe we should repeat it for those too busy to read:

1) The OL bar is there to compensate for the loss of bar space caused by pets. Without a complete rework of how pets work (along the lines of the NB´s shade) this must not happen. The pet rework in turn would cause further problems, as recasting pets every 20 seconds or so would have an impact on both fighting style and magicka sustain.

2) It doesn´t hurt anyone not willing to use it, as Sorcs have the BEST ranged burst in the game, and they have Meteor AND Soulstrike AND OL Light Attack as a burst ulti already. Demanding more while ignoring the sorry state of the mostly useless class ultis of the other classes (Templar, DK) is unhealthy for the class balance as a whole.

3) StamSorcs are hit particularly hard by a loss of the OL bar, as it

a) is often the only ranged attack they have
    b) is the base of their speciality (AoE DPS)
    c) is the utility of that bar that gives them the special flavor when 9 of 10 other skills are identical to other Stam classes, and when they still lack a class spammable.

By changing our beloved Chrystal Frags, they took away a LOT of our class identity. Taking away our OL bar would do the rest.

If they changed OL fundamentally, MagSorcs would become a poor man´s MagBlade.

Meteor and Soul Strike and Overload are all TERRIBLE, LOL.

Meteor gets blocked all the time because Cage got nerfed. Soul Strike leaves you open to burst, can be LOS'ed.

Overload sucks donkey balls, which is why people are complaining in the first place. Overload is slow, can be easily dodged like a loosely packed snowball. Going in and out of Overload mode is clunky and will get you killed all the time.

Make Frags hit as hard as Assassin's Will and make Overload as strong and fast as Incap or Leap or Dawnbreaker... then Sorcs will have many problems solved.

You cant be just asking magsorcs to be competitive with magblades right...

The day magsorc will be close to compete with nighblades, forums will get nuked of nightblade supremacy tears as they tend to cry in forums from since this game gone live. Thats why they are the best, both PVE and PVP.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3rd overload bar is essential for pet sorc, and for this reason it should stay.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your equivalent is shooting star/ice comet that lands after 2 sec and probably people who play ESO 1 month or more can easily counter by pressing block.

Dawnbreaker is cheaper, better and AoE. Exactly what mighty hardmode heavy armor staminators need. Magica classes dont whine so much in forums to gain access to such glorious ultimates as dawnbreaker.

I know, right?
    x'D
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    The 3rd overload bar is essential for pet sorc, and for this reason it should stay.

But is that really important? Pets in open world Cyro are already meh, so might as well get the meta balancing right, if you have to choose.
    For duels, pets are OP, so even more reason ignore them! (^_-)'
    Well, I guess it's in everyone's best interest to only change Energy Overload. Even saves Wrobel time, I think.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The way a lot of these skills are designed allows them to be used by a variety of builds and while may seem to lack specific intended use will result in a lot more cookie-cutter builds and a regression of creativity.

Sorry, but Sorc is the very pinnacle of non-creativity. Yes, you really can make anything work in any content outside Trials and PvP. That doesn’t mean the class shouldn’t be improved though even if it comes at the expense of some niche builds.

Aedaryl wrote: »

But is that really important? Pets in open world Cyro are already meh, so might as well get the meta balancing right, if you have to choose.

So where do we want to head?

A ) Stay in the often criticized one-dimensional, boring, cookie cutter meta and ask for buffs to it? Like instant burst ultimate with 3rd bar sacrifice, higher dmg on frags, etc.

B )Or do we want to broaden viability by allowing niche builds to become strong and usefull? E.g. mobility or healing instead of wards, options to tank outside of said wards etc.

Of course I like to see some buffs, but I'd also like to not being forced into the exact same meta build as my fellow sorc and still be competitive in endgame (for me especially pvp, I know trials are a different book). As mNB I have soo many choices. Do I want to go melee or stay ranged? Light or heavy armor? Gank, bomb or brawl? All these options are there only to a small extend for mSorcs.
    I'd like to see more options without becoming an mNB copy (*cough* remove 3rd bar for instant burst ulti, frags as assassin's will copy, ignorance on pets in pvp, makes me wonder why I shouldn't just jump on my nb then *cough*)

E: but yes, just buffs are still nice ;-)
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 6, 2018 8:35AM
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of ways to "rework" Overload that isn't simply removing its third bar. Incapacitate has a "dynamic" ult aspect to it. I definitely think Overload is a prime candidate for having the skill function somewhat differently based on how much ultimate you have remaining. For instance, one morph's heavy attack simply discharging a big burst of damage around you all at once, dealing damage proportional to the ultimate consumed. Or something along those lines. That said, ZOS really doesn't want or even care about suggestions, so more than likely we're going to get a complete re-work of skills that we didn't ask for in a way no one even wanted.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does hexys even play anymore haven’t seen him since June?
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a shifting standard on DK's

Why cant we have a shifting negate as a special present for zerglings and a shifting atro special present to our 1v1 ?
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why cant we have a shifting negate as a special present for zerglings and a shifting atro special present to our 1v1 ?

Shifting Atro doesn't work because it also provides LoS. It's already a very strong ultimate.

They should combine the current morphs into one and change the second morph into a low cost AoE that summons a totem, stunning and dealing moderate damage on impact. Totem would take 2 light attacks to destroy. This would be huge on a stam sorc.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Standard is nowhere near as strong as negate, yet negate is cheaper than both morphs of Standard.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

Shifting Atro doesn't work because it also provides LoS. It's already a very strong ultimate.

They should combine the current morphs into one and change the second morph into a low cost AoE that summons a totem, stunning and dealing moderate damage on impact. Totem would take 2 light attacks to destroy. This would be huge on a stam sorc.

I don't think I would use that over an actual physical damage atronach that also deals damage, stuns on impact, gives LoS and takes more than 2 light attacks to go down. Sorry, but that would be anything but huge for stam sorcs.
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Not enough damage abilities for stamina sorcerer
    2) Crystal fragments is too weak compared to other hard hitting proc skills like assassin's will, which to be fair is almost as easy to proc as c-frags.
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Standard is nowhere near as strong as negate, yet negate is cheaper than both morphs of Standard.

Its not about whats stronger, DK has already the best if not the best 2nd best ulti in game.
    I was referring to the ability that WE have moving ultis.
    A shifting negate will be entirely OP against zerglings, but since nowadays organized zerglings carry 10 earthgores negate is nothing.
    IAVITNI wrote: »

Atro is strong ultimate on PvP? Well if youre dueling and you cant leave the area its very strong yes...

The thing is sorc has the worst ultis igame atm and that is a thing that must be fixed.

No brained player in cyrodiil will stand close to your atro
    No brained player in cyrodiil wont roll dodge out of your negate, organized zerglings stack inside negates their 10 earthgores remove it and offer a free heal.
    No brained player in cyrodiil will see the slowest traveling projectile atm and wont roll/block/BoL++++

I think WE need a shifting negate and ofc a shifting nova. Having a shifting negate+nova will make a HUGE affect to the 10+ earthgore equipped pro zerglings.

Permafrost+Incap-soulthether+Leap-standard+sweep(kinda) Are good ultis, for me the best is incap(70 cost..) and leap: fire damage and ENORMOUS shield. Dawnbreaker comes next but its a privilege of staminators and only.

EDIT:

Negate should be acting as a silence to stamina+magica skills. I dont see a reason why staminators can and must spam their stamina heals and proc earthgores inside negates.
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on September 6, 2018 3:05PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Buff nightblade.

You must be a ZOS game designer and software developer.

If not, then I bet they'll hire you in a second!
    Edited by Minalan on September 6, 2018 3:40PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS honestly thinks that a Magicka DB would be too strong. They've mentioned something along those lines before.

There's a reason I stopped giving them money.
    Stupid of that epic scale should just hurt a little, and life is at least a little harder without my money.
  • BeefyMrTips
    BeefyMrTips
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning strikes or more damage on abilities please and thank you. Currently hitting more DPS with frags and no execute on bar lmao. Our execute is a joke
    Mr. was my Father's name, just the tips is fine.
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo endless fury is more pvp-oriented as it doesn't hit as hard as traditional executes but has a lot more utility like the ability to preapply it. sorc also has implosion passive for executing which is very useful in pve. the main problem i see is not with the executing but c-frags and other pve sorc skills not hitting hard enough.
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Buff nightblade.

You must be a ZOS game designer and software developer.

If not, then I bet they'll hire you in a second!

Hey brother, relax im being ironic here :open_mouth:

Siphoning strikes or more damage on abilities please and thank you. Currently hitting more DPS with frags and no execute on bar lmao. Our execute is a joke

Well our execute might me a PVE joke but i can tell you that endless fury is the most OP ability in cyrodiil or in pvp generally.
    Minalan wrote: »

ZOS honestly thinks that a Magicka DB would be too strong. They've mentioned something along those lines before.

There's a reason I stopped giving them money.
    Stupid of that epic scale should just hurt a little, and life is at least a little harder without my money.

Well, if a magica dawnbreaker comes out trust me it will be used only by mapgplars+magsorcs. I feel they both need it.
    Now if they dont wanna make a magica dawnbreaker they should fix the stupid shooting star that has a 2 sec warning time so you can block it.

For real now...
    Dawnbreaker hits harder,
    apply a DoT ON YOU not on the ground,
    costs almost the half
    ITS INSTANT

Not even close to compare with shooting star
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop balancing for PvE based on PvP crybabies...