The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group finder is broken

Ilithyie
Ilithyie
✭✭
Hello,

It's been a few days now -always on primetime- that the group finder system is broken.
I was hoping it would get fixed with today's maintenance... but it wasn't apparently.

So what's the deal ?
I can't seem to find any info from Zenimax anywhere on the forums, launcher, facebook, whatever. It's very frustrating.

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait? group finder is broken? there are no bugs in this game.
    [i just ragequit and changed to another game, since group finder doesnt work at all]

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirming. Just been in partially premade group for probably half an hour already, pressing 'F' every dozen of seconds and seeing message that someone declined every single time.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, it’s bust, pc eu, it’s one group ready check after another that fails every single time, started for me yesterday
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm on PC EU, broken. BGs and dungeons. I'm stuck at "Ready Check" step, it just timeout after sometime. I had to logout then login again to make it work.
    @PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP
    Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • Bluegru
    Bluegru
    Had the same problem since a few days, today I tryed it with a full premate group,
    told me 'Activity complete' without even starting the dungeon
  • ViRUSsamtastic
    ViRUSsamtastic
    ✭✭✭
    yep, haven't been able to do dungeons or battlgrounds in 4 days .

The worst part is that ZOS isn't even acknowledging it !!!! :/
  • Elboron
    Elboron
    ✭✭
    Also confirming, PC/EU. Can't get into bgs, just an endless loop of "Someone declined...". Tried the "leave and que again" too, didn't work. Qued solo if that makes a difference.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried logging out and back in, no diffrence
  • Caelir
    Caelir
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed: for three days in a row during prime time the queue for dungeons or battlegrounds keeps prompting the "you or someone else declined" message even if you are a full 4-man group .

Have spent 30 mins trying to get in a dungeon while my exp scroll buff was counting down. Sigh, what a waste.

Anyway, I am just posting this in the hope that ZOS would make an official statement about this bug. It's affecting a lot of people and makes the multiplayer aspect of this game impossible. So to all who suffer from the same bug: please post your confirmation in this thread so we can get the attention of the devs...
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    @Caelir Has there been any response? I scanned the dev tracker but haven't seen anything about it. And there's no topic discussed as much on PC EU guild and zone chats.
  • Caelir
    Caelir
    Soul Shriven
    FooWasHere wrote: »
    @Caelir Has there been any response? I scanned the dev tracker but haven't seen anything about it. And there's no topic discussed as much on PC EU guild and zone chats.

Not that I am aware off, that's why I asked people to leave a reply in this thread. It is indeed heavily discussed in-game, but that's not a place where devs will come and give answers. We need those people to post here and demand an explanation so ZOS can't ignore it anymore.
  • Das_Co
    Das_Co
    Yeah, its just annoying. Can't port into dungeons with premade groups with the dungeon finder. And for bgs, its just luck, if it works or not.
  • DarkWolf_GR
    Was in a full group with no one declineing but sitll constantly got that message. been trying 2 days so far.
  • DarkWolf_GR
    Was in a full group with no one declineing but sitll constantly got that message. been trying 2 days so far.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pls fix this
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s still happening, endless circle of queued... accept... fail... this is realy getting irritating!
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Caelir
    Caelir
    Soul Shriven
    This bug does indeed exist for longer. Despite the consequence that it makes an important aspect of the game (near) unplayable, I haven't seen any official statement about it. This is what is really bugging me...
  • imjedi55
    imjedi55
    Tank class is easy pick in dungeon actually. Everyone knows that but i waited 30 min for random normal dungeon. Press ready check million times but always said someone decline :')
    "Humility is a noble thing, but you must also remain strong and self-assured. A true champion is also history's pawn, and history is a cruel and unfeeling master."
    ―Queen Ayrenn to the Vestige
  • xNeros
    xNeros
    ✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

^this, so much this

@ZOS_GinaBruno please help out the battleground-community!
  • Ilithyie
    Ilithyie
    ✭✭
    This issue ruins the whole dungeon/battleground experience.
    It would be awesome if ZOS could at least aknowledge the situation... but radio silence makes things even worse.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_MichaelServotte
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_GaryA

Thank you.
    Edited by Ilithyie on August 23, 2018 8:39PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pc eu craglorn zone chat was full of players that couldn’t use group finder because it’s just plain broken
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I've been experiencing this issue in the last few days, both with Dungeons and Battlegrounds, either solo queuing or 4-man queuing with friends, and the same message keeps appearing "Someone declined..." although none of us was declining anything.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that if I enter que as a single dps it takes a very long time if ever to get in group.

But. If I group with one other player (does not matter the role of the other player) the que time drops to under 5 minutes.

Not sure why a group of 2 would have a higher priority to group then a single player but that has been my experience.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    I have found that if I enter que as a single dps it takes a very long time if ever to get in group.

But. If I group with one other player (does not matter the role of the other player) the que time drops to under 5 minutes.

Not sure why a group of 2 would have a higher priority to group then a single player but that has been my experience.

We're talking about a different problem here: this thread is not about long queue times, it's about the "Someone declined..." endless cycle we're going through on a constant basis since some days ago; our queues are popping, we press "F" but we keep getting the same message, "Someone declined, you're now placed in front of the queue" and so on and on.

I only have about a hour a day to play, and I've not been able to join a single BG in the last few days because of this problem.
  • BlackStormX
    BlackStormX
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell it was broken since day 1
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB was the DLC that really broke group finder. It's been broken on and off since then.
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    A full game mode is totally unavaillable every night, so i think it's ok. :)
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Also can't get in BGs, getting msg that someone declined every time.. Maybe once in 20 min I manage to get in, only to find myself being obliterated by premade hardcore pvp guild groups(I always queue solo).. Please also add an option to only queue vs ungrouped players.. :/
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another day and it’s still declining every single time, this is realy getting old, at least acknowledge the problem even if you don’t have a fix for it
    Edited by Integral1900 on August 24, 2018 10:14PM