The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Group finder is broken

• NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today it is especially broken if you pregrouped with someone (PC EU)
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it now and it's broken, outside of prime time
  • Finadril
    Finadril
    ✭✭
    Hi,

this is still broken on PC_EU , still no word from anyone official, can we at least get an affirmation that someone from zenimax is reading this?

Fina
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still broken especial in the evening
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined declined

SICK OF THIS!

COULD YOU STOP FIXING THAT HDR BULSHT CONSOLE PROBLEMS AND FIX A BIG ONE ??????

PC/EU
    Edited by mocap on October 4, 2018 8:24PM
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And afterwards, you get to wait for a few more minutes inside the BG "waiting for players". Yay!

---

As a more helpful comment, it seems to me that the game sometimes puts you into two (or maybe more) queues at the same time.
    If the bug occurs, I often get two Ready Checks immediately after one another.
    Sometimes, after a Decline error, a second BG player counter immediately starts counting down, without me readychecking again.
    When finally arriving at a BG, I sometimes get the message "could not determine compatible region" (or WTTE) - I guess that's when the second queue tries to put me into its own BG even though I'm already in one.

---

But anyway, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably bots joining the queues just to decline invites. They do this while standing over resource nodes. /s
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone.

Try queuing for any BGs from Cyrodiil.
    I always get to a BG match if I queue from Cyrodiil but none when am outside of it.

Might as well try queuing for Dungeons from Cyrodiil too. Worth a try I guess?

PC NA
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game's activity finder is ***...

I logged in tonight and was wanting to do a dungeon but it never happened. The first queue I waited for 20 minutes and thought maybe it was bugged so I re-queued. The second queue took about 15 minutes to find a group but then I got the notification "instance is full", so I tried porting into the dungeon just to find that it was already completed... And of course when I try to queue again it tells me that I can't because I queued too soon. I mean seriously WTF.

Now I understand that there probably isn't much that can be done about the long wait for dps queue (which is why I usually tank, and is also why there are so many "fake" roles in groups). But at least make sure that the dungeon that I just waited 35+ minutes to get in isn't EMPTY and also don't penalize me when your system fails.

After having to wait 35+ minutes just to get put into an empty instance and then being penalized just made me log out. I'd rather not play at all than deal with this nonsense.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »
    I always get to a BG match if I queue from Cyrodiil but none when am outside of it.

Got stuck in the BG decline dance from Cyrodiil for 5 minutes yesterday evening, so it doesn't always work.

PC/EU
  • Finadril
    Finadril
    ✭✭
    Hi,

still no word on this, no acknowledgement or answer to this issue. This mostly happens during prime time, in the same way chat and in-game mailing lags mostly happen during prime time. It certainly looks like a server capacity issue to me, which would be rather embarrassing. Anyway it needs to be fixed, considering how central a thing a group finder is in an MMORPG.

best regards

Fina
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug needs priority fixing than the others that spawn everyday
  • Heimdarm
    Heimdarm
    ✭✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »
    Everyone.

Might as well try queuing for Dungeons from Cyrodiil too. Worth a try I guess?

PC NA

I tried, for me it's not working. PC/EU

I can not join BG for 1,5 hours and my time for the game ended, so no luck for me today. Considering that because of bugs and a half day maintenance I couldn't play for 2 days last week, this is the 3rd day in less then 6 total when the game is technically unplayable. I am a subscriber and 50% gametime for my money is not acceptable. The quality of this game is a big pile of ***.

This same exact *** bug was present one year ago for sure. Maybe older. If the current staff is not able the fix it, why the hell don't you change your workforce with more competent crew?
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    Today, I ran into the issue where it wouldn't teleport me to the dungeon... again. I thought that was fixed already.
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS in the meantime that you open your eyes, maybe you can check these link:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431219/group-finder-is-dead#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/432815/random-group-finder-broken-since-yesterdays-patch#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/140238/is-lfg-fixed-yet#latest

Just for remember you that is not a problem of last week, or yesterday or today...thank you so much for your timely attention ;)

Maybe, if it does not make you so much trouble, you might even think of a group finder for the trials
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, forgot my first comment before I made the next, please ignore this one
    Edited by Lord_Ninka on October 16, 2018 10:33AM
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    We've been working on a fix for this since it was discovered. At this time, the fix is going through QA and if it passes, we'll get it into the next incremental. It's not that we weren't prioritizing the issue (this is a big deal and we want it fixed as much as you all do), it was just complicated and took some time.

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

I've queued for a lot of Battlegrounds before and after that "fix" and I see no difference, the problem is as big as it ever was and more than half of the times I do BG with my guild mates (always premade 4-player group) we end up quitting because of it. PC EU.

Thank you in advance for acknowledging, it means a lot.
    Edited by Lord_Ninka on October 16, 2018 10:30AM
  • g6x8h12
    g6x8h12
    Never had any problems with bgs finder and it's almost instant for me.
    I think that some ppl are blocking this on purpose and think that dev crew needs to make a script that will kick any player who's just log in to finder and stayed AFK 4 any reason. Thant limit could be 1-2min's.
    I can bet that this will improve finder instantly.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not that.

The bug regularly appears with pre-made groups. You collect four people to do a dungeon, join, and though you know everyone is on board and wants to play, you get the "someone declined" message. Sometimes for half an hour (or longer but at that point, everyone just gives up and leaves).

The queue also cancels out at the "Forming Group" stage, i.e. everyone accepted the Ready Check. At that point, you literally cannot exit the group except by logging out or hard-killing the game.
    Edited by Varana on October 17, 2018 11:54AM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ETA on a second fix try?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Zer0oo on October 18, 2018 6:18PM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've been unable to find a group with group finder at least since the wolfhunter update.

i was used to do the pledges everyday and since then i never did another dungeon again.

at first i thought that it was a time problem, i've been playing slightly less hours, but today i already waited at least 3 hours for a dungeon and it seems that it definitely doesn't work anymore, or it is somehow blocked on my account.
  • Finadril
    Finadril
    ✭✭
    Hi,

with the event going from today on the finder seems to have completely shut down, i was queued for more than an hour as tank nothing even pops, then tried a 4-player premade, even then in took several minutes to pop! This was followed by the now-well-known "someone declined" bug. We gave up at that point.

It's getting more than annoying...
  • Marigold1
    Marigold1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is pretty annoying.
    I will probably CANCEL my ESO+ sub as I don’t want to sponsor service which work only on low server/network utilization.

It seems that DEVS does not care about this game...
    when you report you have a problem with the game you got ONLY plenty of debugging procedures which only focus on your connectivity and computer. Not a single attempt to admit they have and issue. From my perspective this is biggest unprofessionalism company can show to customer.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This problem has reared it's ugly head again today for the witches festival.

Made it so farming random group dungeons is almost impossible.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious and at the same time a thought, perhaps we should mention if we are connecting to ESO from outside of both the US and outside of EU (or not) for those experiencing this Group Finder problem.

I'm connecting from outside of both the US and EU and am having serious problems with the Group Finder.

Perhaps this would help if it's a problem for everyone or for just a few?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I queued for a random normal dungeon three times from about 20 UTC to 23 UTC, on the third attempt I got in a dungeon in a little less than half a hour, with only one instance of "someone declined".
    I'm on PC EU from withn EU, if that can help
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Lukasz99b16_ESO
    Been having this damn issue for the longest time on PC/EU.. I'm lucky if i can get a single random normal done.
    With the current event, I planned to do random norms on every char for the sweet bonus XP - But it's totally impossible.
    More or less everyone from my guild, people in zone chats and their dogs are complaining about it being completely broken.
    Doesn't matter if your in a full group, alone, doing random normal/vet dungeons or battlegrounds.

This should really have very very high priority. Pls :(
  • danielclarkb16_ESO
    danielclarkb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just to update everyone, we're planning to publish the fix for this issue in our next incremental patch on Monday.

That's a pretty poor fix time to be honest. Considering the whole of group finder is down and it's a major part of end game content.
    Edited by danielclarkb16_ESO on October 19, 2018 9:14PM
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please for the love of god ZOS, fix your *** *** game. BG queue popping up for over 1 hour, over and over again. Can't do a random dungeon. and to top this all, Queue randomly freezes and only option to be able to cancel or re queue is to log again.

You can keep adding pixel horses to the game to please dummies all you want. Atleast have the decency as a company to deliver a basic working game to people who paid to get the game and keeps paying for your paychecks.