The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.0

• Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durok’s Bane: Decreased the duration of the Major Defile debuff to 4 seconds from 10 seconds.

I'm curious how this makes any real difference if theres no real cooldown and can be re-applied every 1 second.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

[removed bashing comment] It's clear they are making changes, just to make changes and not listening to a lot of what the Class Reps had to say. They also aren't taking a lot of the PVE community into consideration with these changes.

If they REALLY want to balance this game, they need to go back and seperate the PVP and PVE game structures so they do not affect one another. THAT is the only way this game is EVER going to be balanced.

For every PVP change they make, they end up nerfing PVE characters... characters that actually need to be buffed, without going back and fixing the higher damage enemies in end game to match those nerfs. Players are getting sick and tired of it.

It's not the PvP community's fault that you are frustrated, nor is it their fault that the dev's are changing the game in ways you don't like. You're perspective is ill-informed and fueling a futile argument.

First, you do understand that this game was originally planned to be heavily focused on PvP? ESO takes a lot of inspiration from a best selling PvP game (Dark Age of Camelot), and marries it with the adventure of one of the best selling exploration RPG franchises (The Elder Scrolls). Granted, it doesn't seem that way, as ZOS has limited the growth of PvP elements, and it seems neglected, and probably unimportant to PvE players like yourself. But, it would be silly for them to alienate the PvP population by forcing them to learn two different sets of mechanics, just so some people don't have to adapt to new challenges as the game evolves. Not to mention it would stifle development. Second, the person who is directing ESO (Matt Firor) designed and produced some of the elements in Dark Age of camelot, which was a game focused primarily around PvP. The relationship between PvP and PvE worked there, because each community relied on each other to be successful in a lot of cases, regardless of what they were doing. A few examples of that; the bonuses from scrolls - known as relics in Dark Age - affected populations in PvE environments as well as PvP, these bonuses were great during raids; also, some of the best gear was obtained by going into dungeons that were PvP enabled, but could only be entered by the realm with the most keeps in RvR. PvP players also relied on PvE players to do large scale PvE events. This all worked really well, because the PvE community counted on the PvP community, and vice versa, encouraging their cooperation. So, a huge problem is that the PvP community and PvE community don't really need one another to move forward, and as you've suggested, one hinders the other.

But that's not the case, ZOS has to cater to the broader audience (investors want monay) which is, unfortunately for me, PvE players. In the past the broader audience of this genre was mostly PvP players, but now we're the minority, and if it's not TES fanbois, then the PvP community still might hold the torch as the core audience. But, we don't get to be the focus of development that you accuse us of, the cancellation of the rest of the justice system is evidence of this.

Hopefully, all of this serves as proof to you that the PvE base is already winning, as the game has been slowly shifting from being more PvP oriented, to more PvE oriented since launch. PvP is, and will continue to take the back seat, but ZOS won't ever do something that could drive away a core portion of the audience. So stop it with this pointing the finger b/s.
    Edited by ProbablePaul on July 26, 2018 8:36AM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Radiant Destruction: Increased the maximum bonus execute damage dealt by this ability and its morph to 400% from 330%.

How the hell can you guys buff this RANGED execute while you have classes like stam sorc with almost nothing in their class skills. I dont think you guys understand how strong ranged executes are. In pvp or pve for that matter. But especially in pvp...

Like this actually made me laugh that you guys are buffing radient.. Like whhhaaaat????? IT NEEDS TO BE NERFED NOT BUFFED!

If someone is going to have the luxury of sitting in a zerg, or sitting far away from me, spamming a *** ranged execute, why should they have more damage than a melee? Why? They have no risk sitting far away i take all the risk with melee executing. Again in pvp or pve..

Same goes for sorcs. How you guys dont see that ranged executes are broken strong is insane. And they have more bonus damage than executioner. lol what a joke.

lol 480% now :-x

Jesus beam just got more powerful... My magplar is at level 37, double XP Kyne try to get him to prime time... want to gold him out too, see what can be done with more power...
    Edited by bpmachete on July 26, 2018 5:28PM
  • lillyloppers
    lillyloppers
    Soul Shriven
    The sloads nerf is a pretty good attempt at it but I feel like that only protects stam characters from it since magicka doesnt really dodge in general. Making it so that way sloads doesn't stack would be a good balance since its so common to be up against and so strong even just one sload being on you that its a lot to ask for a player to heal through if multiple stacks are applied to them. Remember this damage is UNRESISTABLE! A good change to fix this would be to make it a debuff, call it major darkness or something.

Another small thing I noticed was cyrodiil crest 5 piece was pretty much given to the cyrodiil ward set but both sets 2,3, and 4 pieces were changed also. I would leave the 5th piece the same on Crest and rework the Ward but now im going to have to go get an entirely new set for the same 5 piece and re-gold it out. Its just a bit annoying to have to do that when I already have the set I want.

Thanks!
    Edited by lillyloppers on July 27, 2018 2:31PM
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I answered my own question
    Edited by callen4492 on July 27, 2018 3:36PM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durok’s Bane: Decreased the duration of the Major Defile debuff to 4 seconds from 10 seconds.

I'm curious how this makes any real difference if theres no real cooldown and can be re-applied every 1 second.

Easy to answer, this doesn't make a difference. All defiles become 2,5 times smaller duration, it's great in general and was very needed.
    But, this set was and is in such stupid design a crap cancer for gameplay.
    Edited by Anethum on July 27, 2018 10:55PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anticlonus

But, it would be silly for them to alienate the PvP population by forcing them to learn two different sets of mechanics, just so some people don't have to adapt to new challenges as the game evolves.

Dunno, Kinda seems as if PvP already does have its own set of mechanics compared to PvE. Almost an entirely different skillset. PvE is largely just charge into mobs and slaughter them with the occasional boss mechanic you have to follow until you can out DPS it. Compared to (effectively) besieging keeps and managing your skills and potions to stand up to a zerg, I find there's an adjustment when I've been either PvP-ing too long or PvE-ing too long (which I've also learn to separate into different characters). Learn this the hard way when I took my PvE toon into PvP for the first time.
    Edited by Anticlonus on July 29, 2018 5:07AM
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please quit screwing with Zaan! You are going to have to be inside the bosses *** to make it even relevant to equip.
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭

[removed bashing comment] It's clear they are making changes, just to make changes and not listening to a lot of what the Class Reps had to say. They also aren't taking a lot of the PVE community into consideration with these changes.

If they REALLY want to balance this game, they need to go back and seperate the PVP and PVE game structures so they do not affect one another. THAT is the only way this game is EVER going to be balanced.

For every PVP change they make, they end up nerfing PVE characters... characters that actually need to be buffed, without going back and fixing the higher damage enemies in end game to match those nerfs. Players are getting sick and tired of it.

It's not the PvP community's fault that you are frustrated, nor is it their fault that the dev's are changing the game in ways you don't like. You're perspective is ill-informed and fueling a futile argument.

First, you do understand that this game was originally planned to be heavily focused on PvP? ESO takes a lot of inspiration from a best selling PvP game (Dark Age of Camelot), and marries it with the adventure of one of the best selling exploration RPG franchises (The Elder Scrolls). Granted, it doesn't seem that way, as ZOS has limited the growth of PvP elements, and it seems neglected, and probably unimportant to PvE players like yourself. But, it would be silly for them to alienate the PvP population by forcing them to learn two different sets of mechanics, just so some people don't have to adapt to new challenges as the game evolves. Not to mention it would stifle development. Second, the person who is directing ESO (Matt Firor) designed and produced some of the elements in Dark Age of camelot, which was a game focused primarily around PvP. The relationship between PvP and PvE worked there, because each community relied on each other to be successful in a lot of cases, regardless of what they were doing. A few examples of that; the bonuses from scrolls - known as relics in Dark Age - affected populations in PvE environments as well as PvP, these bonuses were great during raids; also, some of the best gear was obtained by going into dungeons that were PvP enabled, but could only be entered by the realm with the most keeps in RvR. PvP players also relied on PvE players to do large scale PvE events. This all worked really well, because the PvE community counted on the PvP community, and vice versa, encouraging their cooperation. So, a huge problem is that the PvP community and PvE community don't really need one another to move forward, and as you've suggested, one hinders the other.

But that's not the case, ZOS has to cater to the broader audience (investors want monay) which is, unfortunately for me, PvE players. In the past the broader audience of this genre was mostly PvP players, but now we're the minority, and if it's not TES fanbois, then the PvP community still might hold the torch as the core audience. But, we don't get to be the focus of development that you accuse us of, the cancellation of the rest of the justice system is evidence of this.

Hopefully, all of this serves as proof to you that the PvE base is already winning, as the game has been slowly shifting from being more PvP oriented, to more PvE oriented since launch. PvP is, and will continue to take the back seat, but ZOS won't ever do something that could drive away a core portion of the audience. So stop it with this pointing the finger b/s.

It's awful funny that the PVE players always have to take a hit every update beacause of PVP balance? Ever since morrowind 95% of the changes have been made for PVP and we have had to rework the mechanics and the way we play E V E R Y time. I used to love to tank, but thanks to the adjustment to block cost reduction due to PVP it makes it hell trying to tank a trial, I would rather poop in my hand and clap, than tank anymore.
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    For the love of god, stop making changes that encourage zerging/stacking numbers. we already know the servers can't handle it, knock it off.

In order to stop the zergers ZOS needs to drastically debuff AOE damage and heals. Right now AOE damage and heals are almost as strong as singel target but a lot easier to use because you don't have to put yourself in danger... just sit inside your comfy zerg and spin to win!

Not to mention but I am pretty sure the more AOE's being used means the servers have to work harder for the calculations.. causing more stress and load on the servers.

I also understand that strong AOE damage and healing is needed in PVE so all ZOS would need to do is change all AOE to be 50% less effective to players. It can remain 100% effective against NPC's.

Thank you for that last line. PVE always gets the nerf hammer because of PVP.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    NupidStoob wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Oxalias wrote: »
    A major problem with sloads is that it's oblivion damage, not that it's got an additional o tick - rework all oblivion damage sets please.

Ok. But then also rework shields.

Or you simply learn how to deal with shields. Oblivion damage is rather new in the game and people were able to deal with shields before that too. Every form of defense in this game is annoying for those who can't deal with it. Permablock, roll dodging, insane heals, reflects, speed, immovability...

Then, by that logic, learn how to deal with oblivion damage.

Dealing with Oblivion damage is fine as long as it's balanced (like shields are). Before sloads it was fine and if sloads wouldn't stack it would be fine. For anyone who thinks shield stacking is op, please go check dueling tournaments and report your findings on how many magsorcs win those (newsflash none). Those are 1n1 situations in which people clearly are able to deal with the shields so if a group starts whining that they couldn't deal with a single magsorc there was simply a vast skill difference.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    rz2bupsbi5le.jpg

nohpcayon26k.png
    General
    • Added a new Housing Permission called "Limited Visitor". Limited Visitors cannot adjust your lights or other adjustable furnishings.
    • Fixed an issue where, if a decorator moved an Assistant in a home after another player moved that Assistant, the Assistant would refuse to interact with anyone. They are now sworn to carry the burdens of even the most indecisive decorators.
    • Employers of Tythis Andromo, Nuzimeh, and Pirharri, rejoice! Thanks to recent updates to labor laws, any Assistants placed in a home will now turn to face you when you speak to them.

Homes
    • Some of the pews in the Alinor Crest Townhouse were rotated incorrectly in the default template. They will now be properly rotated for any newly-purchased Townhouses (but existing Townhouses’ furniture placement will not be touched).
    • Fixed an issue where the closing doors of the Princely Dawnlight Estate would block the camera while in third-person mode.

Does Limited Visitor still allow people to use your crafting stations and beat the crap out of your training dummies? Probably and maybe.
    Can they still open and chuckle at the jester's box? Doubtful.
    Why can nobody pet my animals?

Why still no Guildhall fucntionality?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/426175/so-still-no-guildhall-fucntionality

Why has Mistveil still not been fixed?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412075/mistveil-manor-doesnt-make-sense

Also, why are platings still so horribly rare?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/423956/an-easy-fix-for-jewelry-to-make-it-less-awful
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on July 31, 2018 6:39PM
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Darkwraith_Sama
    Darkwraith_Sama
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can we please keep mounted speed ward of cyrodill? Or make a new 3 piece set with a mounted speed bonus? I think this is really important in PvP, because as it is, if you don't have 60 mount speed, you're heavily handicapped in Cyrodill. Think about lower levels or fresh characters who have no mount speed and how hard it is to get around the map, even with rapids.
    Edited by Darkwraith_Sama on August 21, 2018 12:39AM
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone able to confirm if the new Welkynar fragments that drop in Cloudrest will be bound? I'm imagining the motif will be trade-able once it's crafted, but I'm curious if the fragments are trade-able before they are combined into a motif. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!