The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mistveil Manor doesn't make sense.

stitchesofdooom
stitchesofdooom
✭✭✭✭
okay, so did nobody notice that the inside and outside of Mistveil don't match up? There's an 8' hallway from the main hall to the front door but the front exterior does not reflect this.

Basically it needs to be fixed. Now I'm sure a lot of people have put a lot of time in to decorating and setting it out so I suggest, to keep from annoying anyone, that you just add rooms as shown and remove the windows from the inner main hallway.mczxnwfedh3t.jpg
fadv35nxuue0.jpg
2dozqn8fbc6h.jpg
8pk5wduw31a1.jpg
Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
PCMR EU.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you don't feel alone, there are dozens of threads on this... for practically every house.

Yup. Confirmed. The outsides don't match the insides. And they haven't. And they probably won't.

Wish I had better news for you. :|
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Domus Phrasticus, I made a wall in the middle of the upstairs. Not just to make two "rooms", but to hide the window that sits where the chimney should be. The same chimney that magically comes out of the middle of the roof when seen from outside.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    aww... but I done a diagram and everything *pouts* :-P
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    besides, this one would be real easy to fix
    PCMR EU.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coming soon! Unlock secret rooms in Mistveil Manor for just $49,99 in the crown store!
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    tru dat
    PCMR EU.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh....its a fantasy world, isn't it? Perhaps its builder did a little bit of magic for esthetics?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is the outside front corner the same number of paces (or if you find a better measurement) to the outside back corner of the house as the inside is?

Reason I ask, that entry hallway may actually be bonus space - the doorway should start on the same wall as the windows.

In other words, that hallway is out of place - if you consider the second floor doesn't have one and is the same square footage/area as the downstairs.

It's not a nerf, its a buff!
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on May 11, 2018 7:47PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the houses have matching exteriors and interiors (a lot of them are much worse than this). This has always been the case in TES games as interiors are designed and rendered separately from exteriors.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 11, 2018 8:18PM
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The larger the house, the more likely it's interior doesn't match the exterior.

Lot of the smaller ones, however, do match with their exteriors reasonably well. But manors and large homes are really bad at this. It's like the devs think no one cares or notices these things. But the forum is full of people proving that not to be the case - People do care, and people do notice. But for whatever reason, the devs don't care.

And the pattern is not changing - The upcoming large house in Alinor has number of similar issues. I noted in one feedback thread, where this topic was discussed, that the interior and exterior must be handled by different teams, and there has to be some corporate policy thing in place, that forbids them from coordinating their work. Or they do it on purpose, just to annoy us or something.

I spent a lot of time, back when housing launched, checking which home would annoy me the least - structure wise that is. The medium ones are mostly alright, though many sport a faux window or two, but they are still your best bet for matching interiors and exteriors. Of the original manors, only Serenity Falls is close enough not to irk me. But unfortunately for me, am not interested in buying a house in Reaper's March. Some of the large ones are okay too, though several of them have different sets of windows inside and outside, so you need to "edit" them with furnishings or something.

And then there are things like Mistveil that has some serious structural issues. Though not as bad as the ones on Amaya Lake Lodge - that place is total rubbish. Not only do the interiors not match with the exterior, the two separate interiors conflict with each other. Was gonna buy it until I realized how borked it is - In the end I bough Ald Velothi, which has an interior that is reasonably close with the exterior. But then again, it is a medium house...
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used existing models. With homestead they released all the free homes instantly so that must have put a lot of pressure on designers who didn't have time to pay attention to these details.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the outside front corner the same number of paces (or if you find a better measurement) to the outside back corner of the house as the inside is?

Reason I ask, that entry hallway may actually be bonus space - the doorway should start on the same wall as the windows.

In other words, that hallway is out of place - if you consider the second floor doesn't have one and is the same square footage/area as the downstairs.

It's not a nerf, its a buff!

I already checked that. it's the same distance from fireplace to door as outside measurements
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    Eh....its a fantasy world, isn't it? Perhaps its builder did a little bit of magic for esthetics?

magic to shrink the inside? lol
    PCMR EU.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the front door was at the top of the exterior stairs, making 2 small porches on either side, the outside would match the inside exactly... but I like the big porch!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never noticed this before, and now my main home is ruined :lol: time to move i guess
    NA PS4
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never noticed this before, and now my main home is ruined :lol: time to move i guess

sorry :-/
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you ever going to fix this?
    PCMR EU.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @stitchesofdooom

Almost certainly not.

There are issues with altering a floor plan for a house after it is been 'delivered'.

Lets say they were to fix the floor plan, what happens to the decorations any customer who has already purchased this house has placed?

Basically the 'interior' area is not the actual 'inside' of the house mesh you see from the 'exterior'.

As I understand it all 'interior' areas actually exist something like 45 feet below the 'ground' level of the world.

When you travel though a doorway you actually 'teleport' to a location underground.

This is most likely so they can 'reuse' spaces for different purposes in the 'Main' game world and they hijacked that concept for the 'Housing' instances.

So 'fixing' this mean teleporting you to a new 'interior' area that more closely matches the floorplan. (If such an area already exists)

Then what happens to all the furniture people have placed?

Not all customers are going to be pleased if the items they spent hours placing are just returned to their 'bank' especially if they don't have room in their bank.

Even if they try to 'move' the items for you it is highly unlikely they will 'fit' exactly they way they were before since the dimensions of the new area are going to be different from the old one.

So, making this change can lead to many logistics issues that can negatively impact many other customers just so they can fix a 'it does not look right' issue.

That does not sound like a good trade off to me.

Am I missing some other 'functional' concern that is caused by having the interior and exterior floor plans not match?

I get that this is an annoyance. The interior floor plan of my house does not match either, although not a badly as this one. This bugs me but not enough that I would want them to mess with all the furniture I have place to 'make it right'.

LOL As a PS I just realized I own this house too which mean I have at least 3 houses with miss-matched floorplans so far. However, I only keep my merchant, banker, and storage boxes in this house.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on June 22, 2018 10:26PM
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    If the front door was at the top of the exterior stairs, making 2 small porches on either side, the outside would match the inside exactly... but I like the big porch!

No, the exterior is fine, but there should be two more rooms inside the front of the house to make the dimensions match the exterior.

I love Mistveil but this discrepancy makes my teeth itch.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, so did nobody notice that the inside and outside of Mistveil don't match up? There's an 8' hallway from the main hall to the front door but the front exterior does not reflect this.

Basically it needs to be fixed. Now I'm sure a lot of people have put a lot of time in to decorating and setting it out so I suggest, to keep from annoying anyone, that you just add rooms as shown and remove the windows from the inner main hallway.
    mczxnwfedh3t.jpg
    fadv35nxuue0.jpg
    2dozqn8fbc6h.jpg
    8pk5wduw31a1.jpg

This has bothered me for quite some time, wish they'd fix it because my character would like a separate trophy room and office in the house...

And don't get me started on the rear windows that are up against a blank rock face but still have sunlight streaming through them all day long.

P.S. those pics wont go to waste, I'll be using them as examples every time I rant about this.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @stitchesofdooom

Almost certainly not.

There are issues with altering a floor plan for a house after it is been 'delivered'.

Lets say they were to fix the floor plan, what happens to the decorations any customer who has already purchased this house has placed?

Basically the 'interior' area is not the actual 'inside' of the house mesh you see from the 'exterior'.

As I understand it all 'interior' areas actually exist something like 45 feet below the 'ground' level of the world.

When you travel though a doorway you actually 'teleport' to a location underground.

This is most likely so they can 'reuse' spaces for different purposes in the 'Main' game world and they hijacked that concept for the 'Housing' instances.

So 'fixing' this mean teleporting you to a new 'interior' area that more closely matches the floorplan. (If such an area already exists)

Then what happens to all the furniture people have placed?

Not all customers are going to be pleased if the items they spent hours placing are just returned to their 'bank' especially if they don't have room in their bank.

Even if they try to 'move' the items for you it is highly unlikely they will 'fit' exactly they way they were before since the dimensions of the new area are going to be different from the old one.

So, making this change can lead to many logistics issues that can negatively impact many other customers just so they can fix a 'it does not look right' issue.

That does not sound like a good trade off to me.

Am I missing some other 'functional' concern that is caused by having the interior and exterior floor plans not match?

I get that this is an annoyance. The interior floor plan of my house does not match either, although not a badly as this one. This bugs me but not enough that I would want them to mess with all the furniture I have place to 'make it right'.

LOL As a PS I just realized I own this house too which mean I have at least 3 houses with miss-matched floorplans so far. However, I only keep my merchant, banker, and storage boxes in this house.

all they have to do for this one is remove the inside windows, add 2 doorways (as shown) and put windows inside the newly added rooms
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »

Basically it needs to be fixed. Now I'm sure a lot of people have put a lot of time in to decorating and setting it out so I suggest, to keep from annoying anyone, that you just add rooms as shown and remove the windows from the inner main hallway.
    mczxnwfedh3t.jpg
    fadv35nxuue0.jpg
    2dozqn8fbc6h.jpg
    8pk5wduw31a1.jpg

This has bothered me for quite some time, wish they'd fix it because my character would like a separate trophy room and office in the house...

And don't get me started on the rear windows that are up against a blank rock face but still have sunlight streaming through them all day long.

P.S. those pics wont go to waste, I'll be using them as examples every time I rant about this.

you have my full, unconditional permission to use the pictures from this post all you want.
    PCMR EU.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virtually none of the houses have interiors that match the exteriors. It's a huge frustration and is just shoddy workmanship. Maybe the people who make houses for ZOS should have to take some classes from people who play The Sims. LOL
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally confirmed my long held suspicions:
    Those are not real houses, but micro-pockets of oblivion.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |