The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Invisible Postern Wall Glitch

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so funny how this has gone unfixed and that no one is getting banned for this. I literally just watched 4 EP glitch through sej to take the keep while other EP were sieging the opposite postern. If ZOS isn't fixing this and not banning players for exploiting this than its time the entire population start doing it.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    My interpretation of ZOS programming...

bug-feature-working-as-intended-30143303.png
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a glitch earlier where i used ambush and hit an EP guy who was going into his keep and it glitched me through (had no idea that was possible) but once they killed me 10v1 they tbagged me..

As if i was in the wrong..
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments for naming and shaming. This is a reminder that naming and shaming as well as baiting comments aimed at another individual or group is against the forum rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lets talk about who should be named and shamed over the state of ESO PvP right now. It's not players...
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    Had a glitch earlier where i used ambush and hit an EP guy who was going into his keep and it glitched me through (had no idea that was possible) but once they killed me 10v1 they tbagged me..

So, the thing is that ZOS has said that intentionally exploiting to bypass the need to siege walls is exploiting, including this known glitch/exploit with ambush.

You may have used it accidently. But its still technically an exploit and I've seen people take advantage of it to rush upstairs and kill people defending the inner keep.

Basically, hey, now you know this is possible and is technically an exploit. The players teabagging you have no way of knowing whether you did it accidently or on purpose, and probably assumed you knew about this exploit.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When I've done it in the past I'm usually so surprised it happened that I am immediately killed before I realize I should be defending myself. If you survive the correct approach (non-exploiting one) is to run to the top and jump back out.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, the thing is that ZOS has said that intentionally exploiting to bypass the need to siege walls is exploiting, including this known glitch/exploit with ambush.

You may have used it accidently. But its still technically an exploit and I've seen people take advantage of it to rush upstairs and kill people defending the inner keep.

Basically, hey, now you know this is possible and is technically an exploit. The players teabagging you have no way of knowing whether you did it accidently or on purpose, and probably assumed you knew about this exploit.

I don’t exploit, if i can’t do it fairly i won’t do it at all
    Kartalin wrote: »

When I've done it in the past I'm usually so surprised it happened that I am immediately killed before I realize I should be defending myself. If you survive the correct approach (non-exploiting one) is to run to the top and jump back out.

I tried, they wouldn’t let me with constant cc

It’s EP in Sotha they have a thing for mass tbagging, if AD or DC are just as bad then smh..i can count the times I’ve been tbagged in other games combined on one hand but ESO is something else
    Edited by Heimpai on July 14, 2018 6:33AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They may not have been thinking you were a dirty cheater -- lots of people have accidentally gap closed through doors. It's like how doubling dooring is frustrating to you, but when your enemy does it...

simpsons_nelson_haha2.png
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments for naming and shaming. This is a reminder that naming and shaming as well as baiting comments aimed at another individual or group is against the forum rules. Thank you for your understanding.

i like how this is all we get from a zenimax employee. everything else ignored
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s EP in Sotha they have a thing for mass tbagging, if AD or DC are just as bad then smh..i can count the times I’ve been tbagged in other games combined on one hand but ESO is something else

So you didn't exploit, not intentionally, but you ambushed into a keep through a glitch bypassing the need to siege down the door, which is an exploit.

Basically you accidently exploited. No big deal, now you know that can happen when you ambush someone entering a keep.

I mention that it's an exploit because Ive seen people who are absolutely doing it deliberately and taking advantage of this glitch. If you don't fit in that category, and it doesn't sound like you do, don't worry about it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you didn't exploit, not intentionally, but you ambushed into a keep through a glitch bypassing the need to siege down the door, which is an exploit.

Basically you accidently exploited. No big deal, now you know that can happen when you ambush someone entering a keep.

I mention that it's an exploit because Ive seen people who are absolutely doing it deliberately and taking advantage of this glitch. If you don't fit in that category, and it doesn't sound like you do, don't worry about it.

Wonder how long this will go on without any formal acknowledgement.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

The ambushing through a keep wall? Its been acknowledged: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you/p1

Now, they don't seem to be able to fix ambush sometimes taking you through doors, any more than they can fix dragonknights leaping onto the keep walls, but both fall into the exploit of bypassing the doors/walls without sieging, same as this issue with broken walls letting people get inside before the walls are sieged down.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

The ambushing through a keep wall? Its been acknowledged: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you/p1

Now, they don't seem to be able to fix ambush sometimes taking you through doors, any more than they can fix dragonknights leaping onto the keep walls, but both fall into the exploit of bypassing the doors/walls without sieging, same as this issue with broken walls letting people get inside before the walls are sieged down.

I wasn't referring to Ambushing through doors, I was referring to the current bug that causes walls to not render and be bypassable without sieging. As it always has, Zeni's apathy transfers down to become player apathy, and we're seeing entire groups take advantage of the bug.

If they do nothing, they encourage further exploiting of game breaking bugs. If they take punitive action against those exploiting it, they further damage the already dwindling PvP population. Either way is extremely damaging to a game we love, but already see a short shelf life for.

And as always, a timely fix would have kept them out having to choose between two options that are both bad for the state of their game, but they chose to focus on pushing the new content to PTS (and the store), underscoring the worst of what we say about their priorities.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened at Nikel very early this morning around 2:30 CST on NA/PC. The SW postern wall LOOKED fine and registered at 100% health, but approximately 40 AD came rolling through it and just obliterated everyone inside.
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we cant name and shame those 40 Ads but they can continue exploiting the game. Ty zos
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess we cant name and shame those 40 Ads but they can continue exploiting the game. Ty zos

Exactly, and I was dead at an angle where screenshotting it would have proven nothing. Besides, I really didn't have any confidence that ZoS would ban even one of them for doing it. All you could do is roll your eyes and chalk it up as reason number 26 to unsub later in the fall (when some sweet new games are allegedly releasing).
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.1.1. and still not fixed. Maybe today's patch finally fixes it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's these kinds of exploitable invisible wall/floor glitches that really *** me off. It's one thing when the floor and walls disappear while in maelstrom arena (like earlier today when I was on round 5 and everything was just floating, no floor or icebergs) but it's another thing when it's in pvp (like the other day when an EP group just walked into an outpost when the walls were still up) because that directly affects other players. I wonder if this is going to be like the infinite loading screens issue where it just keeps getting worse, or if just maybe they're actually going to fix this bug. Instead of adding all new stuff to the game like the pvp teleport stone, I wish they would consider fixing some of the broken bugs & issues that make the game unplayable.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, can not say this about everyone of course, but my >PVP Guild, that had last Night Mad Monday Event made sure over TS that we siege and dont go throught the Invisible Wall. We got also told that it is a bannable Offence. Another thing for that we submitted Tickets is, last Night a enemy Faction could build a Forward Camp right next to a unflagged Keep. We where really surprised to find there Camp where we found it
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fix in 4.0.12. This is ridiculous.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

The funny part is, the crafting bag is so useful that it keeps people subbed.
    If it wasn't for that, they would most likely lose 90% of their subs.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler anyone home?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

True that. Seems that the people who told you that ZOS is „aware“ didn’t tell you who exactly is „aware“. ;)
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

True that. Seems that the people who told you that ZOS is „aware“ didn’t tell you who exactly is „aware“. ;)

Yeah I'm really disappointed. I understand that people communicating the information aren't necessary responsible for the problem and/or the ones taking decisions to action the fix, but I would have expected at least that a problem/exploit as serious as this one would have been resolved a few days after it got acknowledged, to not say the SAME day.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm really disappointed. I understand that people communicating the information aren't necessary responsible for the problem and/or the ones taking decisions to action the fix, but I would have expected at least that a problem/exploit as serious as this one would have been resolved a few days after it got acknowledged, to not say the SAME day.

I mean, the Scalecaller and Fang Lair Crown Store motifs got fixed. That’s something. ;)
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why isn't this fixed yet?

There is a very simple solution, even if it's just a temporary one till the main issue is fixed.

Since when this bug happens the door stays, and is usable by the right alliance only... All that is needed is an invisible wall around the door covering the open parts like below(Imagine the gray area is an invisible wall) on every postern door...

ukNauIy.png

Now this invisible wall will still be there even when the wall collapses, but at that point the door will be gone and people can walk through it. Then enemies can only get in when they are supposed to, even though they have a slightly smaller entry way than normal.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance of seeing if this could be done as a temporary fix?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was only a matter of time until we saw an entire guild take advantage of it.

Last night an entire guild walked into Bleakers through an invisible postern wall (invisible only to them, mind you), set a ram on the front flag and killed every player that ported in since they could just sit on the transit. Once the outpost flagged, they flipped it with little effort.

For those that are unaware, this counts an exploit since it is taking advantage of a glitch / bug in the game. [edit to remove baiting comment]

Let me tell you that If ZOS doesnt fix it this patch, in my mind its intentionally there. Becuase we post forums about it and report it and everything. So if they dont fix it its intentional and everyone should use it, I wont settle for this wait 4 months to fix a pvp breaking glitch bullshitt, they have until the new patch otherwise it's clearly intentional as they read these forums and complaints and what do they do... NOTHING therefore it's working as intended

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be a real issue if it isn't fixed by midyear mayhem
  • Damien_Uvirith
    valeriiya wrote: »
    This is going to be a real issue if it isn't fixed by midyear mayhem

So it's going to be a real issue. Because we all know it won't be fixed in time.

If everyone in Vivec just started piling into high pop zones and mass dueling, maybe the server lag would *** PvE'ers off enough and consequentially get ZOS' attention when they complain.
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone purposely gap closes into keeps through doorways. Hopping in through a glitched wall requires intent.