The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Invisible Postern Wall Glitch

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started to see this on actual outer keep walls last night too.
    Once at Faregyl and once at Aleswell.
    Didn't manage to get a video because the zerg was real.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this point I don't even know anymore what would be considered a problem important enough to require a hotfix in a 24hours duration, or what would be fixed in the next Monday maintenance.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this at Sejanus yesterday on Vivec. Everyone was so very well behaved. Nobody hopped through the gap that I saw. Attackers sieged the other two doors. It was really pleasing to see all the players doing the right thing.
    PC EU
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to this, has anyone also experienced invisible doors? Last night we sieged a main gate and when it was down, all but 4 or 5 players went into the keep while they were stuck running into an invisible door???
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To add to this, has anyone also experienced invisible doors? Last night we sieged a main gate and when it was down, all but 4 or 5 players went into the keep while they were stuck running into an invisible door???

There is also a bug where the door will be 0 hps on your screen and you won't be able to siege it down. In reality, the door is down on the server and on most of people's screen. You have to reloadui to fix it.
    Edited by frozywozy on August 1, 2018 10:57AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching 6 or 7 people walk right through a door and then trying yourself and pretty much face-planting into it.
    Then being sniped because you are stood there wondering wtf just happened...

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Just a heads up, we have been working on this one a while. There have been a several fixes internally, but like an onion, we peel back one fix and find something else causing these invisible walls. We are still working on this however, it's just taking longer than we all want and thank you for your patience.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up, we have been working on this one a while. There have been a several fixes internally, but like an onion, we peel back one fix and find something else causing these invisible walls. We are still working on this however, it's just taking longer than we all want and thank you for your patience.

Good to know you all are working on it!

Question:

In this post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you/p1 Jessica Folsom says,
    To summarize, if you are using abilities such as gap closers to do things that are not within the realm of intended design and/or bypassing core game mechanics, such as entering keeps without downing doors and/or walls and getting under the environment (ground, water, etc.), you are exploiting. In short: don’t do it. If we catch you exploiting and/or cheating, even once, it is grounds for disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban of your game account. If in doubt about whether or not certain actions or activity are considered exploiting, you are welcome to ask us here on the forums.

Taking advantage of these invisible walls certain seems like bypassing core game mechanics, such as entering keeps without downing doors and/or walls to me.

Can you comment on the issue of taking advantage of invisible walls as an exploit? As we still see players taking advantage of the invisible walls, it would be nice to have a more specific comment on the situation, especially if these layers of problems are causing a delay in getting a fix rolled out.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's good :)
    Hopefully you will fix it soon.

P.S - I hope you will have a fix for the IC exploit in the near future.
    You know of what I speak :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

I'm glad you're working on it from this end, but is there also work being done to discourage intentionally exploiting the bug? Nothing says "we do not tolerate exploits" like a 1-month ban.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

I'm glad you're working on it from this end, but is there also work being done to discourage intentionally exploiting the bug? Nothing says "we do not tolerate exploits" like a 1-month ban.

That’s exactly what needs to happen. Banning 50% of pvp playerbase right before new game season.

I asked this when it was first noticed. We needed you to fix this ASAP but now 6 months goes by and 150 people get banned per platform.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

That’s exactly what needs to happen. Banning 50% of pvp playerbase right before new game season.

I asked this when it was first noticed. We needed you to fix this ASAP but now 6 months goes by and 150 people get banned per platform.

I mean a one-month ban is more lenient than the permaban some people got for other kinds of exploits.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was only a matter of time until we saw an entire guild take advantage of it.

Last night an entire guild walked into Bleakers through an invisible postern wall (invisible only to them, mind you), set a ram on the front flag and killed every player that ported in since they could just sit on the transit. Once the outpost flagged, they flipped it with little effort.

For those that are unaware, this counts an exploit since it is taking advantage of a glitch / bug in the game. [edit to remove baiting comment]

I have seen some DCs doing it intentionally and happens everyday. Being NBs is very convienient for them. Who cares ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 7, 2018 9:12PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    [...]
    You know of what I speak :)

A great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame?

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was only a matter of time until we saw an entire guild take advantage of it.

Last night an entire guild walked into Bleakers through an invisible postern wall (invisible only to them, mind you), set a ram on the front flag and killed every player that ported in since they could just sit on the transit. Once the outpost flagged, they flipped it with little effort.

For those that are unaware, this counts an exploit since it is taking advantage of a glitch / bug in the game. [edit to remove baiting comment]

I have seen some DCs doing it intentionally and happens everyday. Being NBs is very convienient for them. Who cares ?

I care.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t looked back at every page, but has anyone else noticed front doors being glitched?

Half of my group could go through a front door, and half couldn’t.

The door was down and opponents were seiging through the doorway at us, as we were trying to “break it down”... and we wiped. lol

WTH?!?!?
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug is still in the game.
    FIX THIS ***!!!
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post patch I'm sure you guys are getting bug reports but just to make sure, you should know that Aleswell architecture ghosts in and out for me when you move around it. This happens especially at the doors.

Also, Dragonclaw did not have a transit portal for me. I couldn't see or interact with it but I think other players could.

k, thnx. bye.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Post patch I'm sure you guys are getting bug reports but just to make sure, you should know that Aleswell architecture ghosts in and out for me when you move around it. This happens especially at the doors.

Also, Dragonclaw did not have a transit portal for me. I couldn't see or interact with it but I think other players could.

k, thnx. bye.

It happens for all structures with postern houses. It's a new bug introduced with the patch.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

k, thnx. bye.

It happens for all structures with postern houses. It's a new bug introduced with the patch.

So, how long is it now that they told you they are "aware"? ;) I know Wheeler posted that it isn't an easy fix apparently, but I find it amusing keep degradation and keep recall stones (features nobody asked for) got valuable coding time while the walls still disappear.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"We have no idea what the issue is because we put crappy code on top of code and can never work backwards. But don't worry, the Crown Store is totally fine!"
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    I haven’t looked back at every page, but has anyone else noticed front doors being glitched?

Half of my group could go through a front door, and half couldn’t.

The door was down and opponents were seiging through the doorway at us, as we were trying to “break it down”... and we wiped. lol

WTH?!?!?

If you turn up to a keep, the front door is at 0% and yet it still appears to be closed, I've found running/riding away from it for a short distance and then returning to the door fixes the glitch and then it's open. Probably a draw distance thing, since I believe they played around with draw distances a bit with update 18
    PS4NA
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    Had a glitch earlier where i used ambush and hit an EP guy who was going into his keep and it glitched me through (had no idea that was possible) but once they killed me 10v1 they tbagged me..

As if i was in the wrong..

That happened to me as well, minus the teabag
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't we just get pre-Summerset Cyrodiil back? It still had bugs ofc, but not game-breaking ones like this.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments for naming and shaming. This is a reminder that naming and shaming as well as baiting comments aimed at another individual or group is against the forum rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Hey, I don't wanna tell you how to do your job or anything, but if you can take a sec away from defending the naming from the shaming, how's about firing off an email or walking down the hall or whatever it takes to tell someone that can do stuff that the game is completely broken?

If you can manage to squeeze that in before your lunch break, we'd all really appreciate it.

Thank you for saying what everyone else is thinking.

yeah thanks for taking the warning they're gonna give you for that
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanishing walls that suddenly re-appear, then flicker back out of existence.
    Doors that swivel like a revolving door and fling you back outside.
    Doors that appear real but aren't.
    Doors that look open but aren't.
    Walking under keep foundations undetected.
    Falling through the world.

It's all very Stranger Things / Twilight Zone ;)

• cabriogirl95
    cabriogirl95
    ✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Vanishing walls that suddenly re-appear, then flicker back out of existence.
    Doors that swivel like a revolving door and fling you back outside.
    Doors that appear real but aren't.
    Doors that look open but aren't.
    Walking under keep foundations undetected.
    Falling through the world.

It's all very Stranger Things / Twilight Zone ;)

Haha, absolutely. Welcome to the upside-down
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, at least something amusing happened. I was escaping an incapping NB through the postern. He tries to ambush me through the door, then the stairs glitch and disappear.Last thing I see is a long banana face staring at me as he falls through the world
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.1.6 apparently has a fix now.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    4.1.6 apparently has a fix now.

I'm pretty sure that fix has nothing to do with the postern door or the new flashing postern house but one can hope they simply didn't phrase it right and that the major flaw they introduced with summerset is finally getting addressed months later.
    Edited by frozywozy on August 21, 2018 8:53AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug