The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Sload's fine?

Ocelot9x
Ocelot9x
✭✭✭✭
Lately we had dozens of threads about this set but still no poll. Would be nice to see how many ppl are fine with it and how many are not.

Is Sload's fine? 267 votes

Sloads is fine
34%
GilvothWillardMoeCoastiejhnartb14_ESOmartinhpb16_ESOpdebie64b16_ESOFettkeewlKnootewootDredlordRhaeger183PotenzaShareeshakti82eb17_ESOSheezabeastMalthorneadriant1978DenniMyuuEejit1331DurhamSkoomah 92 votes
Slaods need to get reworked
65%
SolarikenJoy_DivisionDeadlyRecluseMisterBigglesworthwheem_ESOArobainMurderMostFoulrileynotzb14_ESOYusufAllPlayAndNoWorkElara_NorthwindKoensolSodanTokAnkaridanLauranaeAshannedassneakereb17_ESOmakrethMaximillianDiEreActor1 175 votes
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that it keeps NBs out of stealth, but it’s too much dmg.

It should be reworked as a counter for cloak, similar to how shieldbreaker is a counter for shield stacking... but sloads works on everyone and does too much dmg. Lower the dmg by 30% IMO
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    The problem isn’t sloads, the problem is OP builds that can take on groups and entire zergs solo. Sloads just brings balance for us Xv1 gankers, we’re people too you know! I don’t even use the set, scouts honor...I promise. I just defend it in every post because it brings true balance to the game. No longer can a single player fight a 30 person zerg by themselves and that’s a GOOD thing. Finally, we’re headed in the right direction.

It’s not even that bad, you just have to think outside the box and learn to ADAPT and OVERCOME. I just slot purge on my stamblade cus thats a logical thing to do, and never engage in fights where I don’t heavily outnumber the opponent. I got lucky this patch by finding a solution early on in the patch, so I can go back to enjoying Xv1 ganking. And I will post this exact same message on every single thread about sloads, even tho I don’t use it.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    The problem isn’t sloads, the problem is OP builds that can take on groups and entire zergs solo. Sloads just brings balance for us Xv1 gankers, we’re people too you know! I don’t even use the set, scouts honor...I promise. I just defend it in every post because it brings true balance to the game. No longer can a single player fight a 30 person zerg by themselves and that’s a GOOD thing. Finally, we’re headed in the right direction.

It’s not even that bad, you just have to think outside the box and learn to ADAPT and OVERCOME. I just slot purge on my stamblade cus thats a logical thing to do, and never engage in fights where I don’t heavily outnumber the opponent. I got lucky this patch by finding a solution early on in the patch, so I can go back to enjoying Xv1 ganking. And I will post this exact same message on every single thread about sloads, even tho I don’t use it.

CyrusArya confirmed as a Sload user. Look at him running around with his Sload showing. I bet anyone decent would be embarrassed. I sure would be.

Someone get this man something to cover up his sload - there are children present!
    Edited by Thogard on June 18, 2018 12:38AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Options
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine

"Xv1 ganker"...??

...the skill is real
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno how I wanna vote yet
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    @Thogard

Nah bro, did you even read my post? I don’t use the set. I just defend it in every single thread because it finally brings balance to the real issue: OP builds that can 1v30 entire zergs. Everyone deserves a fair shot in a fight completely regardless of player skill, build, or experience.
    Edited by CyrusArya on June 17, 2018 8:01PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    CyrusArya confirmed as a Sload user. Look at him running around with his Sload showing. I bet Jules is embarrassed. I sure would be.

Someone get this man something to cover up his sload - there are children present!

Nah bro, did you even read my post? I don’t use the set. I just defend it in every single thread because it finally brings balance to the real issue: OP builds that can 1v30 entire zergs. Everyone deserves a fair shot in a fight completely regardless of player skill, build, or experience.

The only fair shot anyone automatically deserves, is the ability to enter PvP. No one automatically deserves to be competitive.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya confirmed as a Sload user. Look at him running around with his Sload showing. I bet Jules is embarrassed. I sure would be.

The only fair shot anyone automatically deserves, is the ability to enter PvP. No one automatically deserves to be competitive.

Satire/sarcasm

Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just copy here what I already posted in another thread:

Why is everyone defending sload’s ignoring the comparison with other 5 piece single target DOT proc sets?

- sload’s semblance: 853 oblivion damage per second for 6 seconds
    - viper’s sting: 800 poison damage per second for 4 seconds
    - sheer venom: 702 poison damage per second for 6 seconds
    - vicecannon of venom: 459 poison damage per second for 15 seconds + heal

In general, the strength of the damage types is:
    [oblivion] > [bleed] > [elemental (including poison and disease)] > [physical & magical]

So how is sload’s balanced in comparison to similar sets when it does the highest damage per second while also having the best damage type in the game?

A set doing oblivion damage should only perform better against shielded targets or enemies with high resistances/block. At the moment however, sload’s is even stronger against a target with 0 resistances, no shields and no block up - a situation where oblivion damage should perform the worst because all of its damage type strengths are irrelevant.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But why do you use sloads? That’s the question everyone wants to know.

Why does CyrusArya use sloads?

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    HankTwo wrote: »

Why is everyone defending sload’s ignoring the comparison with other 5 piece single target DOT proc sets?

[oblivion] > [bleed] > [elemental (including poison and disease)] > [physical & magical]

So how is sload’s balanced in comparison to similar sets when it does the highest damage per second while also having the best damage type in the game?

A set doing oblivion damage should only perform better against shielded targets or enemies with high resistances/block. At the moment however, sload’s is even stronger against a target with 0 resistances, no shields and no block up - a situation where oblivion damage should perform the worst because all of its damage type strengths are irrelevant.

You are ignoring the rest of the set bonuses. Sload is a hybrid set - no matter whether you are magicka or stamina, one of the bonuses will be "wrong" for the purpose of damage-dealing, which means wearing sload set is an overall damage nerf compared to specialized(magicka or stamina) sets like sheer venom or viper.

Also, sheer venom/viper are guaranteed procs, sload is not. That won't matter in a long fight, but for short ganks, you might never see the 10% chance go off before one of you is dead.
    Options
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    It takes skill to land a light attack on those cheat-engine users, they're so fast.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
    Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

You are ignoring the rest of the set bonuses. Sload is a hybrid set - no matter whether you are magicka or stamina, one of the bonuses will be "wrong" for the purpose of damage-dealing, which means wearing sload set is an overall damage nerf compared to specialized(magicka or stamina) sets like sheer venom or viper.

Also, sheer venom/viper are guaranteed procs, sload is not. That won't matter in a long fight, but for short ganks, you might never see the 10% chance go off before one of you is dead.

Ok lets compare the set bonuses:

sload's vs viper's: 1 weapon damage, 1 spell damage and 1 magicka vs 2 weapon critical

sload's vs sheer venom: 1 spell damage and 1 magicka vs 1 weapon damage

As I see it: even for stamina builds the 2 to 4 piece bonuses of sloads are extremely close to those other sets if not better for some builds. It's also super easy to proc sload's.

The oblivion dot is basically worth a 2.5k tooltip damage per second if it would be a normal damage type. Would you think sheer venom with a 15k dot over 6 seconds would be balanced? That would translate to a buff of around 75%. Sload's is better than all those sets by a large margin which hurts build diversity. There is a reason why you don't see the other sets in Cyrodiil anymore.
    Edited by HankTwo on June 17, 2018 8:22PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Satire/sarcasm

Got me! There's so many posts like that, that are genuine that it got me!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine

sload's vs viper's: 1 weapon damage, 1 spell damage and 1 magicka vs 2 weapon critical

As I see it: even for stamina builds the 2 to 4 piece bonuses of sloads are extremely close to those other sets if not better for some builds. It's also super easy to proc sload's.

I don't see how they are "extremely close" at all. Sload offers two base bonuses that will increase damage, the other sets three. That's a 50% difference. It may not be a huge difference in damage in the end, but neither is the difference between the DOT ticks.

And, as i said, sload is only super easy to proc if the fight lasts long enough. The shorter the fight, the bigger the chance it won't proc. The other sets proc 100% on-demand.
    Options
  • Konbaelfarlin
    Konbaelfarlin
    Soul Shriven
    This is what I frequently see in my death recap.

n4KaPbQ.png
    Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see how they are "extremely close" at all. Sload offers two base bonuses that will increase damage, the other sets three. That's a 50% difference. It may not be a huge difference in damage in the end, but neither is the difference between the DOT ticks.

And, as i said, sload is only super easy to proc if the fight lasts long enough. The shorter the fight, the bigger the chance it won't proc. The other sets proc 100% on-demand.

More magicka is always useful for sustain - even for most stam builds. The additional spell damage would be very situational, however.
    So granted, if you only look at the 2 to 4 piece set bonuses and how they increase damage alone then viper's and sheer venom are a little bit better.

Concerning the proc conditions: sload's can be procced form all forms of damage --> ranged or melee; execution or not - doesn't matter (sieges also count). So even if you argue that viper's or sheer venom's proc condition is better (which it is for some builds, but sload's can be better for many others) the difference is - again - minimal.

However, these two points do not nearly balance out just how much better the 5 piece bonus is as I already pointed out.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine

More magicka is always useful for sustain - even for most stam builds. The additional spell damage would be very situational, however.
    So granted, if you only look at the 2 to 4 piece set bonuses and how they increase damage alone then viper's and sheer venom are a little bit better.

Concerning the proc conditions: sload's can be procced form all forms of damage --> ranged or melee; execution or not - doesn't matter (sieges also count). So even if you argue that viper's or sheer venom's proc condition is better (which it is for some builds, but sload's can be better for many others) the difference is - again - minimal.

However, these two points do not nearly balance out just how much better the 5 piece bonus is as I already pointed out.

Sload is only much better if you fight someone with a shield, or blocking a lot. Other than that, it is slightly inferior to specialized sets, both due to lowered damage (missing one damage bonus) and due to the non-guaranteed nature of the proc.
    Options
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Sload is Fine.
    Huge portion of all the other sets isn't.
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
    Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sload is only much better if you fight someone with a shield, or blocking a lot. Other than that, it is slightly inferior to specialized sets, both due to lowered damage (missing one damage bonus) and due to the non-guaranteed nature of the proc.

Do you even read my posts? :( Because you keep ignoring my main point.

Sload's does more damage against even a naked enemy. The more resistances a target has, the greater the performance gap between these sets becomes. Against an enemy with 30% damage reduction through armor alone sload's outperforms sheer venom by around 75%! Just think about that for a moment. And as you said it yourself, it is also immensely better against opponents using shields or block. On top of that it pulls NBs out of cloak.

The additional strength of a proc on demand is only really useful when there is a cooldown longer than the duration. Right now you can have and also want close to 100% uptime with viper's and sheer venom. The same goes for sload's.

Just answer me why a set with a much better damage type does higher base damage than a set with a worse damage type? How is this balanced?

And please look at the well performing builds for Cyrodiil - no stam player there wants to use viper's or sheer venom over sload's.
    Edited by HankTwo on June 17, 2018 9:47PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it have a cool down and make oblivion damage be affected by battle spirit
    Options
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Sload in itself is fine, the only thing that isnt fine is that you can be hit by 5, 6, 7 and more sloads at the same time. My Mag DK uses Sload, Ilambris and Vicious Death. if he gets up against one sload its fine, when i see in recounts that he was hit by multiple sloads in the same time, it isnt
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
    Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload in itself is fine, the only thing that isnt fine is that you can be hit by 5, 6, 7 and more sloads at the same time. My Mag DK uses Sload, Ilambris and Vicious Death. if he gets up against one sload its fine, when i see in recounts that he was hit by multiple sloads in the same time, it isnt

This argument is frequently made but I honestly don't understand it.

If one sload's DOT on itself is fine how does it come that it becomes overperforming when stacked, while all other DOT skills and sets that are fine on themselves are in contrast still not overperforming when stacked. Doesn't make much sense that a balanced set just becomes OP when multiple players use it against you. Instead it indicates that the 5 piece bonus itself is not balanced. The power difference between the sets just becomes more clear when you have multiple procs on you.

And yeah, I know that 3+ sload's DOTs on you are a death sentence. However, just because you can outheal a single proc in a 1v1 doesn't mean it's balanced in comparison to the alternatives.
    Edited by HankTwo on June 18, 2018 1:43PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Everybody knows who hacked your Acc :trollface:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so its deserved counter on me with my build:
    on my low health stamblade because have regens to just dodge and cloak attacks because of no resists and many ults can litearally 1hit me on non cp
    and Im even not able to 1vx but for me its enough to be able 1vfew (read: no more than 1v5) if they arent exp like me

and so as I wrote on start...this counter to me is deserved to literally insta gib me against even those few noobs because I had skill which they didnt have and this set is deserved to let just newbies spam light attacks kill me with just single set becasue my main defense is off and if you can remember we have dodge fatigue since last few yesr so I cant dodge forever on flat ground without cloak

was my build op when I was able to 1x5 noobs and wasnt able to do agaisnt other skilled players? with which 1v1 it will be balanced fight but its clear I wont be able to kill them all in 1v5 as they are with similiar skill as me

and this build was op and sload is deserved for me in 100% becasue I was able just kill few newbies yes?

i-don-t-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-meme-generator-i-don-t-want-to-play-in-this-game-anymore-cbc09d_zps03ea43c8.jpg&key=6d6abc116c24b3e2c846edae102bf156b3ca4b33c817dbc87e76c33b55c17488
    Options
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    I don’t see a problem with it. People need to adapt. It’s really not a huge issue. I would say maybe some sort of diminished returns on damage for it stacking or remove it being able to stack all together.
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭

This^

Which why you see so many people using it. The set is grossly unbalanced in the extreme compared to any other similar sets.
    Edited by Sureshawt on June 18, 2018 8:44PM
    Options
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭

Not accurate. The weapon and spell damage share one line. Max stamina and magicka are good for a variety of reasons and situations. Also 10% chance on any damage is an extremely high proc chance, virtually 90% uptime given you have a DoT on a player. Sloads is also granting an additional tick on contact, meaning that you are getting seven ticks over six seconds, meaning that if you go by the tooltip, you can get over 100% uptime.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Here is my take on it...

Balance is ascertained in 1v1 fights; in 1v1 the set is fine as the damage is very manageable (IMHO of course)...

The problem that people seem to have is when multiple Sloads users gang up on you as the set makes it very difficult to successfully 1vX multiple opponents...

IMHO, the set should not be changed because people are mad that they cant 1vX Sloads users...

If someone has a problem with multiple Sloads on them, then maybe you should stop trying to 1vX, or better yet, group up with a Templar and have him throw down a Ritual so you can use it to Cleanse all the negative effects off of you...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 18, 2018 10:49PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my take on it...

Balance is ascertained in 1v1 fights; in 1v1 the set is fine as the damage is very manageable (IMHO of course)...

The problem that people seem to have is when multiple Sloads users gang up on you as the set makes it very difficult to successfully 1vX multiple opponents...

IMHO, the set should not be changed because people are mad that they cant 1vX Sloads users...

If someone has a problem with multiple Sloads on them, then maybe you should stop trying to 1vX, or better yet, group up with a Templar and have him throw down a Ritual so you can use it to Cleanse all the negative effects off of you..

1st off this sets istn balanced even for 1v1
    but off with this nb cloak and gg, just free kill
    some people not only once wrote how its outperforming every other proc setc like this

and even this is not problemw ith tryig 1vx, this option was and will be always in every game and thats clear people who 1vx arnt doing it with even people on similiar skill level, this is going only against worse players so only those more skilled who play longer are doing this

and I wo;; write it again...becasue of sload why Im punished at 1vx by players who even dont use skills but light attacks me from range?

and dont see any of your arguments...every your argument is invalind, everyone who was able to do 1vx are punished by unskilled players just spamming mouse left button and this is rewarding them as new players against veteran player...should that look competetive game? no because competetitive player with big skill gainted over long time is now punished by sets useb by players not playing even longer than month and even dont using their skills but likeg attacks mindless spam and you really look for this one who have no idea about even 1v1, you just looks like xv1 hero zergers with your posts, your thinking
    Options