The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Sload's fine?

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Edziu wrote: »
    Here is my take on it...

Balance is ascertained in 1v1 fights; in 1v1 the set is fine as the damage is very manageable (IMHO of course)...

The problem that people seem to have is when multiple Sloads users gang up on you as the set makes it very difficult to successfully 1vX multiple opponents...

IMHO, the set should not be changed because people are mad that they cant 1vX Sloads users...

If someone has a problem with multiple Sloads on them, then maybe you should stop trying to 1vX, or better yet, group up with a Templar and have him throw down a Ritual so you can use it to Cleanse all the negative effects off of you..

1st off this sets istn balanced even for 1v1
    but off with this nb cloak and gg, just free kill
    some people not only once wrote how its outperforming every other proc setc like this

and even this is not problemw ith tryig 1vx, this option was and will be always in every game and thats clear people who 1vx arnt doing it with even people on similiar skill level, this is going only against worse players so only those more skilled who play longer are doing this

and I wo;; write it again...becasue of sload why Im punished at 1vx by players who even dont use skills but light attacks me from range?

and dont see any of your arguments...every your argument is invalind, everyone who was able to do 1vx are punished by unskilled players just spamming mouse left button and this is rewarding them as new players against veteran player...should that look competetive game? no because competetitive player with big skill gainted over long time is now punished by sets useb by players not playing even longer than month and even dont using their skills but likeg attacks mindless spam and you really look for this one who have no idea about even 1v1, you just looks like xv1 hero zergers with your posts, your thinking

o_0

Can someone translate this for me..please?

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slaods need to get reworked
    Needs a different proc condition.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some people not only once wrote how its outperforming every other proc setc like this

He's saying the set isn't balanced even in 1v1 (too strong). Something about cloak(?!). Then he's saying how it's outperforming other proc sets similar to that one.

and even this is not problemw ith tryig 1vx, this option was and will be always in every game and thats clear people who 1vx arnt doing it with even people on similiar skill level, this is going only against worse players so only those more skilled who play longer are doing this

He's saying only more skilled players who play for a longer period of time can 1vX and they can't 1vX players of similar skill ceiling.

and I wo;; write it again...becasue of sload why Im punished at 1vx by players who even dont use skills but light attacks me from range?

Here he's saying he's punished in 1vX because players don't even have to use skills, but just light attack him and kill him anyway.

and dont see any of your arguments...every your argument is invalind, everyone who was able to do 1vx are punished by unskilled players just spamming mouse left button and this is rewarding them as new players against veteran player...

He's telling someone their arguments are invalid, because everyone who was 'able to 1vX' before are now punished by unskilled players who just press their left mouse button (or console equivalent) for an easy kill. New players are basically taking over and veterans can enjoy the show.

should that look competetive game?

Here he's asking if a competitive game should play like that.

no because competetitive player with big skill gainted over long time is now punished by sets useb by players not playing even longer than month and even dont using their skills but likeg attacks mindless spam and you really look for this one who have no idea about even 1v1, you just looks like xv1 hero zergers with your posts, your thinking

Now he's saying someone looks like a xv1 hero zerger with his/her posts, and again he's reminding us how bad players who play less than a month can just spam light attacks to kill good players, negating all previous efforts to become a better PVP'er.

Here you go @TheDoomsdayMonster

My comments are in bold. It seems most of the remarks are about other players killing him with light attacks in PVP.
    Edited by LegendaryMage on June 19, 2018 12:47AM
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's saying the set isn't balanced even in 1v1 (too strong). Something about cloak(?!). Then he's saying how it's outperforming other proc sets similar to that one.

He's saying only more skilled players who play for a longer period of time can 1vX and they can't 1vX players of similar skill ceiling.

Here he's saying he's punished in 1vX because players don't even have to use skills, but just light attack him and kill him anyway.

and dont see any of your arguments...every your argument is invalind, everyone who was able to do 1vx are punished by unskilled players just spamming mouse left button and this is rewarding them as new players against veteran player...

He's telling someone their arguments are invalid, because everyone who was 'able to 1vX' before are now punished by unskilled players who just press their left mouse button (or console equivalent) for an easy kill. New players are basically taking over and veterans can enjoy the show.

no because competetitive player with big skill gainted over long time is now punished by sets useb by players not playing even longer than month and even dont using their skills but likeg attacks mindless spam and you really look for this one who have no idea about even 1v1, you just looks like xv1 hero zergers with your posts, your thinking

Now he's saying someone looks like a xv1 hero zerger with his/her posts, and again he's reminding us how bad players who play less than a month can just spam light attacks to kill good players, negating all previous efforts to become a better PVP'er.

My comments are in bold. It seems most of the remarks are about other players killing him with light attacks in PVP.

killing by light attakcs? never, but killing by sload? yes
    I have posted not only on screenshot from death recap where sload was the only reason of my death, no simply because of this damage which also is problem but its other reason
    main reason it just killing my cloak and what I can do here? can you explain me or give me an advice?

even with my build with 20k healh I can do nothing without cloakthanks to sload, you know why? in medium you mostly have no resistances when someone is running especially in light armor and with major fracture so all hits are hitting hard with not to mention about dots

now where we going? we are going to use cloak to surpress stacked 3k-5k per sec dots and try to heal it in cloak, its working

and here is comming sload, not only its breaking my cloak so also this beautifull 905/sec without crit healing vigor is almost fully negated by single sload and all dots ticking on me because cloak not working
    and what we have to addition? oh just simple single target skills even on range jsut finishing me because Im not in cloak and guess what...and low stamina + dodge fatigue after trying to escape from getting hits from normal skills while not able to cloak and even not able to outheal anything

so have an advice to player who rely on his true main class defence which is totally broken by single set used by most of bg population
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have posted not only on screenshot from death recap where sload was the only reason of my death, no simply because of this damage which also is problem but its other reason
    main reason it just killing my cloak and what I can do here? can you explain me or give me an advice?

even with my build with 20k healh I can do nothing without cloakthanks to sload, you know why? in medium you mostly have no resistances when someone is running especially in light armor and with major fracture so all hits are hitting hard with not to mention about dots

now where we going? we are going to use cloak to surpress stacked 3k-5k per sec dots and try to heal it in cloak, its working

and here is comming sload, not only its breaking my cloak so also this beautifull 905/sec without crit healing vigor is almost fully negated by single sload and all dots ticking on me because cloak not working
    and what we have to addition? oh just simple single target skills even on range jsut finishing me because Im not in cloak and guess what...and low stamina + dodge fatigue after trying to escape from getting hits from normal skills while not able to cloak and even not able to outheal anything

so have an advice to player who rely on his true main class defence which is totally broken by single set used by most of bg population

That's alright bud, I'm not a big fan of proc sets either. I was just clarifying your previous reply for @TheDoomsdayMonster ;)
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine

Thanx for clarifying what he was saying...

:)

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine

Clearly Sloads impacts your soloing ability, but there are options for you...

You might not like some of them, but they are there and they do work...

You could equip the Wyrd Tree set, which allows you to Cleanse 5 Negative Effects from yourself every 15 seconds when you cast a Magicka ability...

And as a bonus, since it does the Cleansing when you cast a Magicka ability, so you can Cleanse and Cloak at the same time...

There are other options out there for dealing with Sloads; just be willing to adapt and change up your build a bit and you'll be fine...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    It really is.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I swear Sloads procs on me without any attacks at all. BGs starts and bam, purple Sloads mist on me.
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could equip the Wyrd Tree set, which allows you to Cleanse 5 Negative Effects from yourself every 15 seconds when you cast a Magicka ability...

And as a bonus, since it does the Cleansing when you cast a Magicka ability, so you can Cleanse and Cloak at the same time...

There are other options out there for dealing with Sloads; just be willing to adapt and change up your build a bit and you'll be fine...

1st thing, its magica set
    2nd thing, oth heavy armor set

in overall its just killing medium armor build more because of making it slowly into heavy armor build

ah and 3rd thing...it have 15 sec cooldown, sload can proc every 6 sec which isnt prolbme while I had many times even 2 full sload procs from same player on recap with even 3rd started so it will clear only this 1st and jsut after these 6 sec it will be reapplied while wyrd try will have still 9 sec cooldown to wait for proc again
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lVxA8Da.jpg
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine

in overall its just killing medium armor build more because of making it slowly into heavy armor build

ah and 3rd thing...it have 15 sec cooldown, sload can proc every 6 sec which isnt prolbme while I had many times even 2 full sload procs from same player on recap with even 3rd started so it will clear only this 1st and jsut after these 6 sec it will be reapplied while wyrd try will have still 9 sec cooldown to wait for proc again

Magicka is good for Stamblades...

Yes, equipping this set will make you more of a hybrid, but is that really a bad thing?

You will lose some offensive firepower, but you'll become more versatile...

A friend of mine is using this set on his Stamblade and he likes it...

As for Wyrd being Heavy, with Jewelry Crafting, this can be overcome; you can equip the set and Transmute the Healthy Trait to Robust or Arcane (or something else of your choosing) at your option...

Bottomline, there are options for you to deal not only with Sloads, but with other builds and set up's in this game...

You just gotta be willing to let go of the old "stack offensive firepower up as high as you can" way of thinking...

Edit: you can stay in stealth until Wyrd's Cleanse can be used again, that way if your enemy reapplies Sloads when you engage him, you can Fear him (for example) and simultaneously Cleanse the DoT...

So stop looking for reasons to not change and adapt your build...

Viable options are out there...

Embrace them...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 19, 2018 3:28AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka is good for Stamblades...

Yes, equipping this set will make you more of a hybrid, but is that really a bad thing?

You will lose some offensive firepower, but you'll become more versatile...

A friend of mine is using this set on his Stamblade and he likes it...

As for Wyrd being Heavy, with Jewelry Crafting, this can be overcome; you can equip the set and Transmute the Healthy Trait to Robust or Arcane (or something else or your choosing) at your option...

Bottomline, there are options for you to deal not only with Sloads, but with other builds and set up's in this game...

You just gotta be willing to let go of the old "stack offensive firepower up as high as you can" way of thinking...

so I dont have summerset so I cant retrait jewerly

for hybrid sustain Im running with shacklebreaker and its great for me and ofc bonepirate as basic set for most stam builds

and to shacklebreaker I can have it in medium because its crafted set which isnt killing medium build in this way

so still wyrd try is going to nothing from me

about purge from this set to deal with other builds...ugh was just enough for me to surpress dots in cloak and that is my point as its trully this class defense which got just screwed by single set and any options for me to get rid of sload are:

- or jsut go tankly build jak most of cyrodil (gtfo diversity, welcome old heavy armor/tank builds)
    - or go for wyrd set killing in atleast half my non-heavy armor build
    - or last option: just quit pvp unstil finally fixes if even will be - and this is what I chose to get peace from this broken set
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wyrd Tree is exceptionally underwhelming as a counter to Sloads. It's a full armor set that hypothetically mitigates at most 40% of the damage that another set does, provided you get a proc when you need it it also happens to purge Sloads and not some of the other debuffs of you. You give up far more to run the counter than the person did to run Sloads. And a stam toon will be giving 4 whole set bonuses; there's no stamina or hybrid set that does anything similar.

I've run Wyrd Tree in the past, it's not a bad set for magDK and reliably procs every 15 seconds, if you didn't always have a dozen poisons, siphoners, etc. getting purged instead of that Curse or bleed on you it'd be really powerful. It's just not a good counter to Sloads .
    Options
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can you tell with all the lag?
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Wyrd Tree is exceptionally underwhelming as a counter to Sloads. It's a full armor set that hypothetically mitigates at most 40% of the damage that another set does, provided you get a proc when you need it it also happens to purge Sloads and not some of the other debuffs of you. You give up far more to run the counter than the person did to run Sloads. And a stam toon will be giving 4 whole set bonuses; there's no stamina or hybrid set that does anything similar.

I've run Wyrd Tree in the past, it's not a bad set for magDK and reliably procs every 15 seconds, if you didn't always have a dozen poisons, siphoners, etc. getting purged instead of that Curse or bleed on you it'd be really powerful. It's just not a good counter to Sloads .

Once again, balance is ascertained 1v1...

1v1, I fail to see how Wyrd is underwhelming as not only does it remove 5 negative effects, but it activates on Magicka use, which means you can still go into stealth if needed on a Nightblade if you are Sloaded...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 19, 2018 4:48AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Grimick wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    HankTwo wrote: »
    I'll just copy here what I already posted in another thread:

Why is everyone defending sload’s ignoring the comparison with other 5 piece single target DOT proc sets?

- sload’s semblance: 853 oblivion damage per second for 6 seconds
    - viper’s sting: 800 poison damage per second for 4 seconds
    - sheer venom: 702 poison damage per second for 6 seconds
    - vicecannon of venom: 459 poison damage per second for 15 seconds + heal

In general, the strength of the damage types is:
    [oblivion] > [bleed] > [elemental (including poison and disease)] > [physical & magical]

So how is sload’s balanced in comparison to similar sets when it does the highest damage per second while also having the best damage type in the game?

A set doing oblivion damage should only perform better against shielded targets or enemies with high resistances/block. At the moment however, sload’s is even stronger against a target with 0 resistances, no shields and no block up - a situation where oblivion damage should perform the worst because all of its damage type strengths are irrelevant.

You are ignoring the rest of the set bonuses. Sload is a hybrid set - no matter whether you are magicka or stamina, one of the bonuses will be "wrong" for the purpose of damage-dealing, which means wearing sload set is an overall damage nerf compared to specialized(magicka or stamina) sets like sheer venom or viper.

Also, sheer venom/viper are guaranteed procs, sload is not. That won't matter in a long fight, but for short ganks, you might never see the 10% chance go off before one of you is dead.

Not accurate. The weapon and spell damage share one line. Max stamina and magicka are good for a variety of reasons and situations. Also 10% chance on any damage is an extremely high proc chance, virtually 90% uptime given you have a DoT on a player. Sloads is also granting an additional tick on contact, meaning that you are getting seven ticks over six seconds, meaning that if you go by the tooltip, you can get over 100% uptime.

What's not accurate?

The guy was wondering why sload does more damage per tick if it bypasses defenses. Answer: because the set as a whole does less damage due to being a hybrid set. That's entirely accurate. I remind you, we were talking about damage.

Max magicka is of course good even on a stamina build for variety of reasons, but except for some edge cases, that reason is not damage.

Edited by Sharee on June 19, 2018 5:56AM
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1v1, I fail to see how Wyrd is underwhelming as not only does it remove 5 negative effects, but it activates on Magicka use, which means you can still go into stealth if needed on a Nightblade if you are Sloaded...

Wyrd is complete ***. Most of the good players dont build for maximum damage. Ofc damage is a big aspect in outnumbered fights but most important is sustain. Sustain is Key. If u cant sustain u are dead before you can kill. So Most stam players go for Bone Pirate, shacklebreaker and Bloodspawn. All for sustain and utility. Taking out for example bone pirate for wyrd would completly destroy your sustain and also your damage. Taking out shackle would do the same but also reducing your magicka sustain for utility skills.

So this would only be viable for zergers.

Also transmute wyr juwelry to robust. I need summerset for this, juicy p2w.

So players doing build that fits their playstyle and help them survive 99% of all the *** zergers throw at them cause zergers are mostly not experienced in this game. Thats why good players can kill them in outnumbered fights. Now there comes zenimax giving zergers a set that will completly kill these players. It can Stack, it is Oblivion damage, it was literally no cooldown and can proc in every damage they do. They dont need to be good to handle this set. They can just so light attacks to proc it.

So with this set. Players who are Bad and dont even want to learn the game can actually kill a top tier player with 1000 + of hours in this game. Thats stupid. How is this satisfying for good players? You get punished with this set.

It would be like battlefield would give new players that never played a shooter or battlefield 200% more hp and an aimbot so they can have a Chance against good veteran players. Would u like this?
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very thanks to @NBrookus and @Gnozo for serious understanding how fights on pvp are going and how wyrd tree is looking here to sload and especially to @Gnozo for additional explanation about sustain/utility sets on stam build which are most common and hard to not use

if you read @NBrookus last part in post you could understand even single purge 5 negative effects once for long 15 sec wont help with anything if you fighting with someone who is stacking many dots as can and what is going with it many ither debuffs, even weak as hell but still debuffs counting to purge and sload isnt primary target of purge skill from skill or from sets
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty happy we get fixes for issues though:
    Fixed an issue for some visual holes appearing on the Pyandonean Homespun robe.

Fixed an issue where Salamander pets were displaying health bars and nameplates.
    Updated the Pocket Salamander pet to display the correct name.

At least you can kill someone in style with your Pyandonean Homespun Sload’s Robe rocking your Salamander Pet now.
    Edited by Feanor on June 19, 2018 11:26AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After checking out a few thread the several days i've actually been back on the game this is basically the summary:

No: Experienced pvpers who understand what proc sets do for the health of whatever is left of pvp.

Yes: Seems to be a majority of noobs, likely the same people that still cry about shields or that mag dk is too 'OP' etc..

But No, it's not fine..
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    The problem isn’t sloads, the problem is OP builds that can take on groups and entire zergs solo. Sloads just brings balance for us Xv1 gankers, we’re people too you know! I don’t even use the set, scouts honor...I promise. I just defend it in every post because it brings true balance to the game. No longer can a single player fight a 30 person zerg by themselves and that’s a GOOD thing. Finally, we’re headed in the right direction.

It’s not even that bad, you just have to think outside the box and learn to ADAPT and OVERCOME. I just slot purge on my stamblade cus thats a logical thing to do, and never engage in fights where I don’t heavily outnumber the opponent. I got lucky this patch by finding a solution early on in the patch, so I can go back to enjoying Xv1 ganking. And I will post this exact same message on every single thread about sloads, even tho I don’t use it.

Genius!
    Options
  • Mohegan_Sneak
    If you are getting 1v30’d I don’t think it’s us that needs to “adapt and overcome”
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Gnozo wrote: »

Wyrd is complete ***. Most of the good players dont build for maximum damage. Ofc damage is a big aspect in outnumbered fights but most important is sustain. Sustain is Key. If u cant sustain u are dead before you can kill. So Most stam players go for Bone Pirate, shacklebreaker and Bloodspawn. All for sustain and utility. Taking out for example bone pirate for wyrd would completly destroy your sustain and also your damage. Taking out shackle would do the same but also reducing your magicka sustain for utility skills.

So players doing build that fits their playstyle and help them survive 99% of all the *** zergers throw at them cause zergers are mostly not experienced in this game. Thats why good players can kill them in outnumbered fights. Now there comes zenimax giving zergers a set that will completly kill these players. It can Stack, it is Oblivion damage, it was literally no cooldown and can proc in every damage they do. They dont need to be good to handle this set. They can just so light attacks to proc it.

So with this set. Players who are Bad and dont even want to learn the game can actually kill a top tier player with 1000 + of hours in this game. Thats stupid. How is this satisfying for good players? You get punished with this set.

It would be like battlefield would give new players that never played a shooter or battlefield 200% more hp and an aimbot so they can have a Chance against good veteran players. Would u like this?

Shouldn't the 'top tier players' be able to adapt to sloads?

1000+ hours of experience and you can't deal with a single set!??

Lol...

I have adapted to Sloads and it was easy...

If players with a 1000+ hours of experience can't figure out how to deal with a single set, then that tells me that these 'top tier players' have been crutching off of overpowered mechanics for so long that they lost the ability to adapt...

Looks like a learn to play issue to me...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol...

If players with a 1000+ hours of experience can't figure out how to deal with a single set, then that tells me that these 'top tier players' have been crutching off of overpowered mechanics for so long that they lost the ability to adapt...

about adapt to this I will say with same argument which I wrote before where I wanted to stay on my medium armor build

but btw top players yes for sure they will go to adapt for this but also not every
    if we everyone go to adapt to this single set we will have back more heavy armor meta like it was before with proc sets meta and again less ad less diversity in game?

are you sure you want even mag sorcs to drop their shields and go for heavy armor and with it see every class on every builds in heavy? even some gankblades are going to use heavy armor becase its dont have that much lower damage than medium armor and is givin many more tools to survive
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol...

It is not a matter of being able to adapt or not. A set shouldn't force other players to change their builds. A set shouldn't outperform alternatives by such a large margin. A set shouldn't render certain playstyles useless. A set shouldn't dictate the whole meta. Simple as that. It is just a freaking set ...
    Edited by Rianai on June 19, 2018 3:45PM
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play BGs only and I can count on 1 hand how many times I've died as a result of Sloads since it came out on consoles. Then again, I do spend a lot of time in the shadows.

Obviously I like Sloads because it contributes to my DoT style of play on MagBlade. I use it and it really helps finish enemies off. I could live without it though. I'd just adapt and fill the void.

I'm biased because I use it, so I don't think my vote counts.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the set in a controlled environment - i dislike having mechanics that favor outnumbering an opponent.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Bubosh
    Bubosh
    ✭✭✭
    Sload is Broken definitly shouldnt be in that Game this Game is still for Single Players and for groups and Not just for groups using Sloads against good Players. Producers also want since Release that everyone can Play IT Solo ore in Group so no reason to defend sloads because of 1vsXers because they are just good. ("sloads is bringing Balance in to that Game" wth brainwash ore just to Many kills of sloads?)
    Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol...

It doesn't even matter if players can adapt or not. Overperformance is not just instant killing with no counters. That's just the most extreme case.

Just look at how both the sharpened weapon trait and oblivion damage enchants were overperforming before the Horns of the Reach update.
    Was it impossible to 'adapt and overcome' as so many players like to say? --> No
    Were they overperforming despite of this? --> Yes, because the alternatives were so much weaker

It's the exact same case with sload's semblance.

Edit (just for those who don't know): Sharpened was nerfed from 5160 penetration to 2752 and the oblivion damage enchant was nerfed by 36%.
    Edited by HankTwo on June 19, 2018 11:25PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
    Options