The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Sload's fine?

• PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slaods need to get reworked
    Troneon wrote: »
    3KnQQDI.jpg

This is beautiful
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago this thread would’ve had significantly more views, and the votes at like 10% Sloads is fine, 90% Sloads need a rework.

That’s how many people have quit over Wrobel’s terrible PvP balancing and the horrible game performance. So many people just had enough of it and I doubt they’ll ever come back even if things improved dramatically. You can see it in the PvP campaigns too. The amount of good players I’ve known and played with who have left strictly due to PvP makes me really sad to think about.
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    A few years ago this thread would’ve had significantly more views, and the votes at like 10% Sloads is fine, 90% Sloads need a rework.

That’s how many people have quit over Wrobel’s terrible PvP balancing and the horrible game performance. So many people just had enough of it and I doubt they’ll ever come back even if things improved dramatically. You can see it in the PvP campaigns too. The amount of good players I’ve known and played with who have left strictly due to PvP makes me really sad to think about.

good players are quitting left and right almost every day...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sload needs to be banned from Kyne. Bad enough everything else is hitting for 8k+ in a low level campaign. We don't need sload like we didn't need CP in BwB.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    It sucks when you're outnumbered, otherwise its not a very good set. Any build can heal through the damage.
  • kitty79
    kitty79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    sload is love <3

but may need to be improved, for multi-target <3
    Edited by kitty79 on June 24, 2018 4:35PM
    snipe forever ^_^
    -maîtresse de pêche
    -héroïne de Tamriel
    -sauveuse de Nirn
    -grande maîtresse artisane
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Sload in itself is fine, the only thing that isnt fine is that you can be hit by 5, 6, 7 and more sloads at the same time. My Mag DK uses Sload, Ilambris and Vicious Death. if he gets up against one sload its fine, when i see in recounts that he was hit by multiple sloads in the same time, it isnt

This argument is frequently made but I honestly don't understand it.

If one sload's DOT on itself is fine how does it come that it becomes overperforming when stacked, while all other DOT skills and sets that are fine on themselves are in contrast still not overperforming when stacked. Doesn't make much sense that a balanced set just becomes OP when multiple players use it against you. Instead it indicates that the 5 piece bonus itself is not balanced. The power difference between the sets just becomes more clear when you have multiple procs on you.

And yeah, I know that 3+ sload's DOTs on you are a death sentence. However, just because you can outheal a single proc in a 1v1 doesn't mean it's balanced in comparison to the alternatives.

This right here.... It's a flipping laughable argument. What they are asking for is to render the set useless such that even if multiple people are using it they can't be killed with it. LOL. That right there tells you all you need to know.

They just don't like Oblivion damage because it's the counter to perma stackers / blockers. Sorry but those builds are NOT sacred cows. This crowd already whined to high heaven about Oblivion glyphs. It's time ZOS turned a deaf ear to this very vocal crowd and continue to work the existing damage types. Personally I think they need to separate ALL of them in CP for both CP buffs and resistances such that no CP nodes have pooled damage types. Make players spend CP for SPECIFIC customization. More Rock / Paper / Scissors baby. Keep it up ZOS.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vizier
    They just don't like Oblivion damage because it's the counter to perma stackers / blockers. Sorry but those builds are NOT sacred cows. This crowd already whined to high heaven about Oblivion glyphs. It's time ZOS turned a deaf ear to this very vocal crowd and continue to work the existing damage types.

I don’t like it because it takes no skill at all - just like any other damage proc set around. But I understand some people just want easy wins.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

good players are quitting left and right almost every day...

ye its not just the proc sets, those are a huge part too, but performance is the main reason quit (at least from the pvp side)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Sload in itself is fine, the only thing that isnt fine is that you can be hit by 5, 6, 7 and more sloads at the same time. My Mag DK uses Sload, Ilambris and Vicious Death. if he gets up against one sload its fine, when i see in recounts that he was hit by multiple sloads in the same time, it isnt

This argument is frequently made but I honestly don't understand it.

If one sload's DOT on itself is fine how does it come that it becomes overperforming when stacked, while all other DOT skills and sets that are fine on themselves are in contrast still not overperforming when stacked. Doesn't make much sense that a balanced set just becomes OP when multiple players use it against you. Instead it indicates that the 5 piece bonus itself is not balanced. The power difference between the sets just becomes more clear when you have multiple procs on you.

And yeah, I know that 3+ sload's DOTs on you are a death sentence. However, just because you can outheal a single proc in a 1v1 doesn't mean it's balanced in comparison to the alternatives.

This right here.... It's a flipping laughable argument. What they are asking for is to render the set useless such that even if multiple people are using it they can't be killed with it. LOL. That right there tells you all you need to know.

They just don't like Oblivion damage because it's the counter to perma stackers / blockers. Sorry but those builds are NOT sacred cows. This crowd already whined to high heaven about Oblivion glyphs. It's time ZOS turned a deaf ear to this very vocal crowd and continue to work the existing damage types. Personally I think they need to separate ALL of them in CP for both CP buffs and resistances such that no CP nodes have pooled damage types. Make players spend CP for SPECIFIC customization. More Rock / Paper / Scissors baby. Keep it up ZOS.

What do you mean by 'What they are asking is to render the set useless...'? Who's they? I just stated that in my opinion the set is overperforming and backed that up by comparing it to it's alternatives. In this thread I never stated how I want the set changed.

By the way: I never played a perma blocker or shield stacker. And ZOS already confirmed that the set will be changed in the future if I'm not mistaken.
    Edited by HankTwo on June 25, 2018 8:57PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK