Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Is Sload's fine?

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slaods need to get reworked
    Running Purge or Wyrd Tree would do more harm than it would help.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    I've always relied on multiple defenses (shields, heals, cloak, dodge, block and mobility) and Sloads renders almost all of that usless. Now the only way to play is to stack resistances and healing = play a tank. And that's boring af. Rip diversity and fun.
    And you are still completely ignoring the fact, that Sloads is miles better than most other sets, which is the definition of imbalance.

If all of that fails, then incorporate a method to Cleanse into your build...

Psst hey cleanse guy.

Unless you are a magplar, purge is useless.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who brings up Wyrd Tree or purge as a counter to Sloads needs to actually pay attention to how Sloads procs.

If you purge it, it can be instantly reapplied--the 6 second cooldown is...not actually a cooldown.

So Wyrd tree/purge/ritual etc. aren't really counters. If you are a NB, you have to purge/wait for a wyrd tree proc, then hope you can get a cloak cast in before one of the dots on you ticks and retriggers sloads.

It really needs to:
    1. Actually respect it's own cooldown.
    2. Have a more stringent proc condition, so that purging actually gives a few seconds of relief.

That's at a minimum. the issues with a sticky oblivion dot are insane, but if that's what we're stuck with, something like a 20% chance on direct damage rather than a 10% on all damage would be a good start--then a purge, dodgeroll, cloak would actually work, for example. Or for stam builds, a purge+dodgeroll+dodgeroll would actually take the pressure off.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me, what did these "top tier players" say when they were routinely 1vX'ing with the OP combo's of Cloak/Major Expedition and Shield Stacking/Streaking?

2ckcot.jpg
    Options
  • Gobein
    Gobein
    Soul Shriven
    Something like thatLLxMJPv.jpg
    Edited by Gobein on June 20, 2018 2:47PM
    Options
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I’m pretty happy we get fixes for issues though:
    Fixed an issue for some visual holes appearing on the Pyandonean Homespun robe.

Fixed an issue where Salamander pets were displaying health bars and nameplates.
    Updated the Pocket Salamander pet to display the correct name.

At least you can kill someone in style with your Pyandonean Homespun Sload’s Robe rocking your Salamander Pet now.

Priorities
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    @TheDoomsdayMonster At this point I am not sure if you are actually defending sloads or if you are just using it as an excuse to showboat your 'theorycrafting' in an attempt to satisfy this fetish you seem to have for crappy sets such as combat physician. I mean, who in their right mind can objectively say that sloads is performing on a similar level as other sets, when it obviously outperforms these other sets to the point 95% of pvp is a *** sloads fest.

Why would I want to showboat my theorycrafting?

I am very secure with the sets I use as I know fully well what they can do and I know they perform very well...

With a proper build (one that stacks HoT's) Combat Physician rocks btw...

;)

As pertains Sloads, I have encountered it many times and I wasn't impressed as I am able to deal with it easily...

The DoT is weak (at least as pertains it's effect on my character) and is purgable...

The only builds that struggle with it are those that depend on a single defensive mechanism (like Cloak or Shields) to survive...

Try a multi-layered defensive approach instead of depending on one layer of defense to survive and Sloads might not be so lethal to you...

For example, I:

1) stack HoT's (Rapid Regen + Ritual Retribution)...

2) have high base resists (29k spell/23k physical at all times)...

3) incorporate Major Evasion with 40-50% uptime...

4) can proc the Combat Physician damage shield on demand...

5) Elusive Mist if I need to reposition...

That's a multi-layered defensive approach; it's not dependent on any sole defensive measure to survive...

And it works very well...

You guys that depend only on Shields or Cloak are struggling because if those defenses are penetrated (and Sloads does exactly that), then there is no plan 'B' for survival other than to run away...

It's time for you guys to adapt to change...
    I love how 4 of the 5 defensive measures you posted are useless against sloads. And the one that remains, quickly gets rendered useless when you factor in defile. Try playing a different class than magplar. Your view of the game is completely twisted. Don't you think I know how to build in defense? The whole point is that the large majority of defense is useless against sloads when placed within this meta with defiles. And sets like Wyrd tree... how can you even recommend such sets? It is utter garbage. Complete, utter garbage.

Sloads is that thing that will kill you every single time when your other defenses are busy keeping the 'legit' incoming damage at bay.

But why am I even typing this. You will just come up with another unnecesarily convoluted reply with twisted logic and straight up nonsense. Like saying the sload dot is weak. LMAO to that.
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this slot purge or wryd tree thing a new meme? Surely they cant be serious.

Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take away the Oblivion damage type and make it either magic damage or physical damage based on your highest resource pool
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damage on Sload is fine, but they should delete the stackability.
    PC EU - DC only
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    @TheDoomsdayMonster At this point I am not sure if you are actually defending sloads or if you are just using it as an excuse to showboat your 'theorycrafting' in an attempt to satisfy this fetish you seem to have for crappy sets such as combat physician. I mean, who in their right mind can objectively say that sloads is performing on a similar level as other sets, when it obviously outperforms these other sets to the point 95% of pvp is a *** sloads fest.

Why would I want to showboat my theorycrafting?

I am very secure with the sets I use as I know fully well what they can do and I know they perform very well...

With a proper build (one that stacks HoT's) Combat Physician rocks btw...

;)

As pertains Sloads, I have encountered it many times and I wasn't impressed as I am able to deal with it easily...

The DoT is weak (at least as pertains it's effect on my character) and is purgable...

The only builds that struggle with it are those that depend on a single defensive mechanism (like Cloak or Shields) to survive...

Try a multi-layered defensive approach instead of depending on one layer of defense to survive and Sloads might not be so lethal to you...

For example, I:

1) stack HoT's (Rapid Regen + Ritual Retribution)...

2) have high base resists (29k spell/23k physical at all times)...

3) incorporate Major Evasion with 40-50% uptime...

4) can proc the Combat Physician damage shield on demand...

5) Elusive Mist if I need to reposition...

That's a multi-layered defensive approach; it's not dependent on any sole defensive measure to survive...

And it works very well...

You guys that depend only on Shields or Cloak are struggling because if those defenses are penetrated (and Sloads does exactly that), then there is no plan 'B' for survival other than to run away...

It's time for you guys to adapt to change...
    I love how 4 of the 5 defensive measures you posted are useless against sloads. And the one that remains, quickly gets rendered useless when you factor in defile. Try playing a different class than magplar. Your view of the game is completely twisted. Don't you think I know how to build in defense? The whole point is that the large majority of defense is useless against sloads when placed within this meta with defiles. And sets like Wyrd tree... how can you even recommend such sets? It is utter garbage. Complete, utter garbage.

Sloads is that thing that will kill you every single time when your other defenses are busy keeping the 'legit' incoming damage at bay.

But why am I even typing this. You will just come up with another unnecesarily convoluted reply with twisted logic and straight up nonsense. Like saying the sload dot is weak. LMAO to that.

The HoT's are all I need against Sloads (and one of the HoT's has a built in Cleanse, so Sloads sometimes doesn't even get out of 1st gear against me); the rest of the defensive layers cover everything else...

In truth the stacking HoT's are overkill against Sloads as the Healing (even when Defiled) still overshadows Sloads damage by a large degree...

Wyrd Tree/Purge aren't the only options for dealing with Sloads btw; they are just the ones that I've suggested here...

There are many options for dealing with Sloads if you (and those like you) would stop hyperventilating and think about it...

The only thing that's garbage is you guys response to Sloads as you all don't want to change a single thing about your characters to adapt...

You want things to be as they've been in the past where Cloak/Shield Spam is enough to get by...

Now that that easy mode doesn't work anymore you want the Devs to come to your rescue instead of making the proper adjustments to your build and/or playstyle to deal with this games current state (having to sacrifice some of that Damage/Sustain for more ultility and/or Defense is an unthinkable decision for you...isn't it? LoL)...

Adapt or die...

Its a very easy decision....
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 20, 2018 8:17PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Tell me, what did these "top tier players" say when they were routinely 1vX'ing with the OP combo's of Cloak/Major Expedition and Shield Stacking/Streaking?

2ckcot.jpg

The 1vX'er didn't touch me as I wont let that happen...

But what did happen was a Sload user came along and melted the flesh off of the 1vX'er bones...

:trollface:
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 20, 2018 8:18PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster

It seems that your idea of a debate really is to just ignore the main point of the other side. You also apparently main a magplar, which is the best spec in the whole game to counter something like sload's. You should really start to look at other perspectives here mate.
    Edited by HankTwo on June 20, 2018 8:22PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the help of this poll we could probably group the community into a "potatoe" and a "non potatoe section" :trollface:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx_FOYdPpOY
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    HankTwo wrote: »
    @TheDoomsdayMonster

It seems that your idea of a debate really is to just ignore the main point of the other side. You also apparently main a magplar, which is the best spec in the whole game to counter something like sload's. You should really start to look at other perspectives here mate.

Ok, summarize the other sides Main Point...

I'm betting I've already addressed it, but let's run through it again to be certain...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    With the help of this poll we could probably group the community into a "potatoe" and a "non potatoe section" :trollface:

Then we could divide it further into those who have adapted and will live vs those who didn't adapt and died...

:trollface:
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Applies Major defile to a Sorc, runs Oblivion Enchants, and Sloads..still takes 12 seconds to take him down from 5% health to 0

Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Applies Major defile to a Sorc, runs Oblivion Enchants, and Sloads..still takes 12 seconds to take him down from 5% health to 0
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Xsorus wrote: »

Second fight: Sload procced at 1:36, opponent dies at 1:38. So sload did a whole of 2472 damage...
    Edited by Sharee on June 21, 2018 8:41AM
    Options
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

You think sloads s the issue here??!? Dualwield with masteraxe, rending slashes. thats what OP in that build.
    Options
  • KniteShayd
    KniteShayd
    ✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    As a bow-only warden, I have gold sloads with gold shield breaker.
    I still have a hard time taking down a decent sorc or mag templar, in cp campaigns when solo.
    Why? Because LoS & faster heal cast times; especially with sorc heals.
    Some players can literally spam heal & stay over 50% health, despite weaving snipes & light attacks.
    In non-CP it's huge boon for my mag warden who has no executes. Otherwise, I can't take down a meta-build 2h heavy armor stam anything, from all the mit & dps they can dish spammin dizzy & executioner.
    I can see a problem with it if you're solo & it stacks from x-number of players attacking you. But imho, it's something that helps balance the game from hard hit spammers who could just take the non-sloads dps otherwise, because it forces people to become defensive - when before they didn't have to.

I personally, have yet to see MY sloads have 90% up time.
    Instead of people crying "nerf sloads", they should be voicing "un-nerf vipers & red mountain, to compete".

Everyone thought the knight slayer set was gonna be OP, but who uses it?...

#RiskVsReward
    Edited by KniteShayd on June 21, 2018 9:16AM
    Options
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I tried a maximum cheese magn nb running skoria+sloads+torug with oblivion. Heavy armor ofc. I also never played the class so I was really a noob. I was disgusted lol I just had to crippling+light attack people to death. Is this the game devs want?
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Yesterday I tried a maximum cheese magn nb running skoria+sloads+torug with oblivion. Heavy armor ofc. I also never played the class so I was really a noob. I was disgusted lol I just had to crippling+light attack people to death. Is this the game devs want?

You didn’t get the memo yet apparently. On this forum it’s „Sorc OP“ and „Proc sets fine“. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster

I'm betting I've already addressed it, but let's run through it again to be certain...

I’m not sure at this point if you’re just trolling? You keep ignoring the set comparisons. Both @Rianai and me already called you out on this. I reread all your posts and you never addressed it. Guess you lost that bet? But here you go one last time:

Sload’s is overperforming because:
    - It does the highest base DPS of all [edit: 5 piece] single target DOT proc sets in the game while having the best damage type by far. The difference becomes even greater the more resistances or other defensive mechanisms the target has/uses. Against an opponent with 30% resistances through armor alone (no block or other mitigations) sload’s already outperforms sheer venom by around 75%.
    - Once procced it bypasses a huge amount of defensive mechanisms. To my knowledge this includes: resistances (armor), block (including the ult), dodge, shields, cloak, mistform, protection buffs and all other types of damage reduction (nord passives, sets, …). This gives the set huge added utility.
    These are the main points.

Additionally:
    - It can be procced from all forms of damage including DOTs and AOEs. You can even use it to boost your siege damage against players (even more utility).
    - The 2nd to 4th piece bonuses are good for both stamina and magicka players, giving most builds the option to run this set with minimal sacrifice.

If you answer this post without specifically talking about how sload’s is not overperforming in comparison to similar sets, and instead just continue to list your ‘counters’ then this discussion is worthless and I won’t respond anymore.

I also debunked this whole ‘can outheal it, therefore balanced’ nonsense yesterday and -who would have guessed - you just ignored it.
    Edited by HankTwo on June 21, 2018 1:39PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster

I’m not sure at this point if you’re just trolling? You keep ignoring the set comparisons. Both @Rianai and me already called you out on this. I reread all your posts and you never addressed it. Guess you lost that bet? But here you go one last time:

- It does the highest base DPS of all single target DOT proc sets in the game while having the best damage type by far. The difference becomes even greater the more resistances or other defensive mechanisms the target has/uses. Against an opponent with 30% resistances through armor alone (no block or other mitigations) sload’s already outperforms sheer venom by around 75%.
    - Once procced it bypasses a huge amount of defensive mechanisms. To my knowledge this includes: resistances (armor), block (including the ult), dodge, shields, cloak, mistform, protection buffs and all other types of damage reduction (nord passives, sets, …). This gives the set huge added utility.

Additionally:
    - It can be procced from all forms of damage including DOTs and AOEs. You can even use it to boost your siege damage against players (even more utility).
    - The 2nd to 4th piece bonuses are good for both stamina and magicka players, giving most builds the option to run this set with minimal sacrifice.

If you answer this post without specifically talking about how sload’s is not overperforming in comparison to similar sets, and instead just continue to list your ‘counters’ then this discussion is worthless and I won’t respond anymore.

I also debunked this whole ‘can outheal it, therefore balanced’ nonsense yesterday and -who would have guessed - you just ignored it.

Dude, he is only playing a magplar with 3 defensive sets. Thinking that combat physician is usefull in pvp and if i remember correctly he is also using chudan as a monster set. Wich is even more stupid.

So ofc he has so problems with sloads and suggest stupid counters to it cause no exp on other classes.

If he is really this professional solo smal scaler then he shouldnt have problems profing it with some videos where he 1vX
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    Gnozo wrote: »
    @TheDoomsdayMonster

- It does the highest base DPS of all single target DOT proc sets in the game while having the best damage type by far. The difference becomes even greater the more resistances or other defensive mechanisms the target has/uses. Against an opponent with 30% resistances through armor alone (no block or other mitigations) sload’s already outperforms sheer venom by around 75%.

Additionally:

Dude, he is only playing a magplar with 3 defensive sets. Thinking that combat physician is usefull in pvp and if i remember correctly he is also using chudan as a monster set. Wich is even more stupid.

So ofc he has so problems with sloads and suggest stupid counters to it cause no exp on other classes.

If he is really this professional solo smal scaler then he shouldnt have problems profing it with some videos where he 1vX

Dude...

Learn to articulate your points better; that reads like a 'blah, blah, blah post...

And please realize that your ignorant assumptions are not fact...

I've stated repeatedly that Sloads is not a problem for me, but in your ignorance you incorrectly state that I have problems with Sloads...

I seem to recall you crying and whining about Sloads users killing your Mag Sorc in a different thread, so if anyone here is struggling with Sloads, it's you...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    @TheDoomsdayMonster

Additionally:

Dude...

Learn to articulate your points better; that reads like a 'blah, blah, blah' post...

I've stated repeatedly that Sloads is not a problem for me, but in your ignorance you incorrectly state that I have problems with Sloads...

I seem to recall you crying and whining about Sloads users killing your Mag Sorc in a different thread, so if anyone here is struggling with Sloads, it's you...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster

Additionally:

Dude...

Learn to articulate your points better; that reads like a 'blah, blah, blah' post...

Oh it was stupid autocorrect from phone i wanted to say "ofc he has no problems with sloads "
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine
    @TheDoomsdayMonster

Additionally:

I have addressed these points already, and you never debunked the out healing Sloads issue as it's very easy to out heal (even while Defiled)...

Seems you are the one ignoring talking points as pertains to Sloads...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options