The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

JC Max Tier Writs = Bugged 100%

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Just a friendly reminder to keep all posts civil, constructive, and on topic.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

@ZOS_GregoryV do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have players asking for comment from staff in a thread, only to have the staff comment be "Behave"?

Is it possible for the community to get an on-topic response as well or is that asking too much?

Yeah like fixing the top tier JC writs, and other tiers if they are as well bugged also the fact that surveys hardly drop at all anymore as well like someone said.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually gotten a lot of surveys... on my tier-1 writs (which are definitely profitable).

I have just one character doing max-tier, so I can't really comment about that due to the lack of data points.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I've actually gotten a lot of surveys... on my tier-1 writs (which are definitely profitable).

I have just one character doing max-tier, so I can't really comment about that due to the lack of data points.

Yeah 15 chars a day doing max tier JC writs for me, and hardly any surveys anymore or gold grains pretty bad
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on June 15, 2018 2:06PM
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most surveys drops from my tier 1 crafters but I have 14 of those to my one max tier. I've only received one gold mat from writs. The 8 others come from refining.

Regarding MW they really need to adjust those. The ones I've got will be sent to the first person who hate /w :D
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 9 who do JC...I get a survey a day roughly on the average. Only my maxed crafter does the surveys so they are all plat dust. When I have 5-6 I go gather up the dust and refine it...that's where my grains are dropping. Now I don't have that much so far...2 Chromium platings and like 4 more grains thus far. I hardly get any from my writ turn ins...Plus today I got a 100+ Sealed Jewelry writ that wants to use 8 platings...its stashed for now. You do realize that a survey is a survey...so if my low level crafter finds one...its banked for my higher level one to search out.
    Edited by Mannix1958 on June 15, 2018 2:32PM
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully I didn't invest in JC. Seems more like a headache than anything else.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Thankfully I didn't invest in JC. Seems more like a headache than anything else.

Yeah I thought it was going to be profitable it really wasn't
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please Fix Droprates Asap !
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fix Please ^
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to keep this thread going so that ZOS will eventually take notice. I've bug reported this in game and will continue to do so after every maintenance that it goes unfixed. Can we at least get some confirmation that the higher ups at least know that this is an issue at all?
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JC as it is right now is such a pita that it feels like it's been released in beta form rather than as a finished product. The fact that we require 10 grains of each tempering mat, as well as Trait mats, yet having JC master writs give so few vouchers in comparison, makes it clear that ZOS wasn't really thinking that much when they decided to go this route.

They honestly need to rework the whole Master Writ system itself, since as it is it's far too random on what is asked for compared to the number of vouchers you get. If a MW calls for a really rare Trait, like Nirnhoned, on a 7+ Trait set, in an expensive style, it had better give more than 40-50 vouchers.

As far as the thread topic itself, I don't even have my crafter to 50 in JC yet, since getting there is a slog, but considering how rare the grains for style and tempering mats are to begin with, you'd think they could at least make the drops from writs a bit more generous. I get that they don't want people running around with gold jewelry super fast or anything, but they also need to realize that MW are still a thing that require these mats, and that in the long run, people will eventually hoard mats and have fully ranked JC chars and putting this false bottleneck on the craft isn't going to make a difference in the long run except turn people away from content.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    JC as it is right now is such a pita that it feels like it's been released in beta form rather than as a finished product. The fact that we require 10 grains of each tempering mat, as well as Trait mats, yet having JC master writs give so few vouchers in comparison, makes it clear that ZOS wasn't really thinking that much when they decided to go this route.

They honestly need to rework the whole Master Writ system itself, since as it is it's far too random on what is asked for compared to the number of vouchers you get. If a MW calls for a really rare Trait, like Nirnhoned, on a 7+ Trait set, in an expensive style, it had better give more than 40-50 vouchers.

As far as the thread topic itself, I don't even have my crafter to 50 in JC yet, since getting there is a slog, but considering how rare the grains for style and tempering mats are to begin with, you'd think they could at least make the drops from writs a bit more generous. I get that they don't want people running around with gold jewelry super fast or anything, but they also need to realize that MW are still a thing that require these mats, and that in the long run, people will eventually hoard mats and have fully ranked JC chars and putting this false bottleneck on the craft isn't going to make a difference in the long run except turn people away from content.

Yeah I mean I literally have done nearly 350 max tier JC writs since launch and only 2 legendary grains to show for it
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please Fix these horrible droprates from writs
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fix please ^
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    i cant believe people actually have to pay money for this experience. the grind is real.
    Edited by idrankyourbeer on June 16, 2018 6:27PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe we still don't have any comment from ZOS about this issue.
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    They need to fix drop rates across the board, not just from writs. Either that or change it so plating's drop instead of grains, bringing it in line with other crafting professions.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please Fix Writs ^
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the part that infuriates me the most. They don't even try to argue for and defend the controversial and widely unpopular design decisions in their implementation of JC. They can't even be bothered to say, "yes, it's unpopular, but this is why we think it's right".

If you take a controversial stance, you better have the courage to defend that stance.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the part that infuriates me the most. They don't even try to argue for and defend the controversial and widely unpopular design decisions in their implementation of JC. They can't even be bothered to say, "yes, it's unpopular, but this is why we think it's right".

If you take a controversial stance, you better have the courage to defend that stance.

Agreed. Even worse is technically, we don't even know if this is a bug. It's entirely possible that ZOS intends for writs to give essentially zero gold mats. It lines up with the 10 times mat cost and lack of hirelings. Because it's different than how the other equipment top tier writs work, I assume it's a bug and have been reporting it as such. This lack of communication is driving me crazy. It's almost like they don't even know how it's supposed to work and are trying to find the guy in the office that does know and it's taking weeks to track him down.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they really do need to fix this bad.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Their refusal to engage in conversations about any controversial decision started with crown crates and has expanded to everything else becoming progressively worse and worse as time has gone on.

That bunker mentality is particularly infuriating when they do it on the test server which is there presumably to test and get feedback on new things.

8 weeks and counting since JC first went on the PTS and no developer has shown any inclination to explain/defend why they think the 10:1 difference for JC upgrades or the extra rarity of golden grain drops from writs is a good idea.
    Edited by Iselin on June 17, 2018 5:38PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged no comments yet, probably the weekend that's why
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing 4 JC writs per day since Summerset dropped on console; only got my first "survey" yesterday (and thank goodness for UESP.net, says I) compared to the multiple stash of all other surveys from 2 characters doing full equipment/consumables every day and 2 just doing JC and consumables.

That seems skewed as well.
    Doing 3 a day and has 8 something surveys. Level 30 on main, 7 on the two others who mainly feed main with jewelry for deconstruct.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you just love when you're roaming through the forums and see a topic you care about with a little "Z" next to the title. I started to think they had addressed the drop rates, but, low and behold, it was just a ZOS comment reminding us to be civil...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Yep, doing 10 JC writs every day since launch, just got first master writ yesterday....

...over a million golds worth of mats for a hundred vouchers! Ermmmm.... no!

And due to the way JC works it will never be viable in its current format.
    This, tempers will stay 10x the price for other tempers if not higher as it look like drop rate is lower at least for refining.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Yep, doing 10 JC writs every day since launch, just got first master writ yesterday....

...over a million golds worth of mats for a hundred vouchers! Ermmmm.... no!

And due to the way JC works it will never be viable in its current format.
    This, tempers will stay 10x the price for other tempers if not higher as it look like drop rate is lower at least for refining.

the saddest part of this statement is how long it will take to complete the achievement for turning a purple piece of jewelry into a gold one on the crafting achievement page...
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As abysmal as the Survey drops are (have now had a total of 2), the drop rate of the trait jewels from Undaunted Chests seems to be worse. 60+ keys, nada. Not even the set shoulders I wanted, either. >.<

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing 4 JC writs per day since Summerset dropped on console; only got my first "survey" yesterday (and thank goodness for UESP.net, says I) compared to the multiple stash of all other surveys from 2 characters doing full equipment/consumables every day and 2 just doing JC and consumables.

That seems skewed as well.

i havent had issues with survey drop rates. 26 so far. 6 toons per day since it was available.
    pcna
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had six toons doing JC writs daily since day 1. One has been doing max level writs from about day 7.

I've gotten one gold mat in all that time from writs.

Jewellry crafting writs are essentially pointless apart from the chance at surveys, but that doesn't really make it worthwhile.

I'll still keep my max level guy to make stuff for me and my friends but I won't bother chasing it on alts.

Jewellry crafting has turned from exciting to disappointing very quickly.

Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade