The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

JC Max Tier Writs = Bugged 100%

Cpt_Teemo
Cpt_Teemo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
These max tier writs are bugged, no matter what you say it has to be i've been doing 15 max tier JC writs since week 1 every day and yet still only have had 2 legendary grains drop all this time, and that was only from the first day as well.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I heard they're making some changes to it next patch, whether that includes the abysmal temper droprate remains to be seen.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I heard they're making some changes to it next patch, whether that includes the abysmal temper droprate remains to be seen.

Would have been nice to balance it with a hireling atleast from the start though, but I really do believe the droprate is bugged
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on June 13, 2018 3:27PM
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Has anyone else felt like the gold mat drops for all writs have been drastically reduced since Summerset? before the patch my writ characters were getting 2-4 gold mats every day and usually it was 3. Since Summerset dropped I am lucky if I get 1 gold mat per crafter per day and it is a substantial, noticible difference. I guess it's possible it is just bad RNG but this is the 8th day in a row where no crafter has gotten more than 1 gold mat. Anyone else?

It's fine for me. I'm not seeing a flux in either direction. I do Max level writs on 30 characters a day on two accounts and my numbers have stayed the same as they were pre Summerset.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else felt like the gold mat drops for all writs have been drastically reduced since Summerset? before the patch my writ characters were getting 2-4 gold mats every day and usually it was 3. Since Summerset dropped I am lucky if I get 1 gold mat per crafter per day and it is a substantial, noticible difference. I guess it's possible it is just bad RNG but this is the 8th day in a row where no crafter has gotten more than 1 gold mat. Anyone else?

Holy crap 2-4 a day? I only got 2 out of my entire 300+ max tier JC writs jesus. lol
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »

It's fine for me. I'm not seeing a flux in either direction. I do Max level writs on 30 characters a day on two accounts and my numbers have stayed the same as they were pre Summerset.

Well I was mostly talking about the new JC writs, not the previous ones I still get those from time to time off and on but the new JC writs are basically none existant
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max tier JC writs are not remotely rewarding. Practically zero gold mats, useless master writs. Can we PLEASE get a dev comment on this issue? The silence is confusing. It makes us all think that this is completely intended. If it is, I'd have to question the sanity of the person in charge of intentions in the office.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Max tier JC writs are not remotely rewarding. Practically zero gold mats, useless master writs. Can we PLEASE get a dev comment on this issue? The silence is confusing. It makes us all think that this is completely intended. If it is, I'd have to question the sanity of the person in charge of intentions in the office.

Yeah nearly 300+ max tier JC writs for me, and only 2 legendary grains since day 1, someone must have flipped a switch
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Holy crap 2-4 a day? I only got 2 out of my entire 300+ max tier JC writs jesus. lol

Damn maybe i was over-performing then :D
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I was mostly talking about the new JC writs, not the previous ones I still get those from time to time off and on but the new JC writs are basically none existant

Yeah I know YOU were. Some one else was trying to say all gold mats are not dropping as well as they were and I wanted to squash that false rumor.

Your 100% right about max level jewelry crafting writs though. . Completely useless to be doing them. The only thing they offer that lower tiers don't is swift trait items and master writs. Both that are basically useless at this point in the game. Swift can be bought on the market for much cheep then it takes to level jewelry crafting and farm the traits. Master writs at this point arnt even worth thinking about completing with the current cost/reward ratio.

ZOS needs to publicly address these asap. Jewelry crafting writs are by far the most important part of Summerset. It's the only aspect of the chapter that carries on once youve completed it. We deserve to know how they should be performing. No reason to not tell us with an definite yes or no, that this is how they should be working.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I know YOU were. Some one else was trying to say all gold mats are not dropping as well as they were and I wanted to squash that false rumor.

Your 100% right about max level jewelry crafting writs though. . Completely useless to be doing them. The only thing they offer that lower tiers don't is swift trait items and master writs. Both that are basically useless at this point in the game. Swift can be bought on the market for much cheep then it takes to level jewelry crafting and farm the traits. Master writs at this point arnt even worth thinking about completing with the current cost/reward ratio.

ZOS needs to publicly address these asap. Jewelry crafting writs are by far the most important part of Summerset. It's the only aspect of the chapter that carries on once youve completed it. We deserve to know how they should be performing. No reason to not tell us with an definite yes or no, that this is how they should be working.

I wasnt saying gold mats weren't dropping as much just that it FELT like they weren't for me. Based on the few agrees i guess others felt the same way. Not starting or spreading any rumors. Merely sharing my experience and asking if others had the same experience :|
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 13, 2018 5:07PM
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you get this info please.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think I never heard that. Where do you think you heard that?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So any fix to this bugged droprate for max tier JC writs ?
  • slickygm
    slickygm
    ✭✭
    I've got two in total, both from refining, not writs. I do JC writs on three characters, one is lv50 jewelry crafter.

But actually there is one other thing that bothers me much. JC master writs. I've got quite a few of these. Some ine 60-100 range. These require 8 chromium platings (80 chromium grains). Right now these are so pricey (crafting such master writ requires ~1M) that you can treat them only as collectibles (or just immediately destroy them).

I get, that with time platings will get cheaper, but these will never be as cheap as others (both in terms of gold and time spent to get them if you do not want to buy thelm). That's because you essentially need 10 times more of these mats. To make the JC master writs even remotely usable, they should grant 10 times as much vouchers (1k range) or give some other benefits.
    Edited by slickygm on June 14, 2018 2:56PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i'm mostly talking about the normal writs, not the MW's being bugged since I only have gotten 2 legendary grains on the first day and ever since then nothing, all 15 chars each day being max tier JCfers the first week it has to be bugged
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    finally got my first jewellery master writ today and being playing the conent since pc launch may 21st. have 7 gold grains and 1 gold plate. Jewellery crafting SUCKS so far.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Max Tier JC writs need to be fixed ASAP
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted posts have been removed.]

He's not wrong though. The issue at hand is the jewellery writs, the rest are fine for most people.

You're the guy at parties who interrupts a conversation by starting a whole new conversation. Many would agree that's not exactly fun at parties, either.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 14, 2018 11:08PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix the droprates for the max tier JC writs, very buggy as of the first day
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix the droprates for the max tier JC writs, very buggy as of the first day

Yes, this definitely needs fixing.

Fix the vouchers for master writs too, please.
    Edited by AlienatedGoat on June 14, 2018 9:03PM
    PC-NA Goat
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

Just a friendly reminder to keep all posts civil, constructive, and on topic.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 14, 2018 11:13PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please Fix Droprates and add Hirelings ^
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the love of god add HIRELINGS!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten any gold mats on my top tier jewelry crafter either. I have gotten two utterly worthless jewelry master writs. Yea, I'll just spend a cool 1M in mats for 105 writ vouchers. Right. Zos not so good at maths.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Just a friendly reminder to keep all posts civil, constructive, and on topic.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

@ZOS_GregoryV do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have players asking for comment from staff in a thread, only to have the staff comment be "Behave"?

Is it possible for the community to get an on-topic response as well or is that asking too much?
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing 4 JC writs per day since Summerset dropped on console; only got my first "survey" yesterday (and thank goodness for UESP.net, says I) compared to the multiple stash of all other surveys from 2 characters doing full equipment/consumables every day and 2 just doing JC and consumables.

That seems skewed as well.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, doing 10 JC writs every day since launch, just got first master writ yesterday....

...over a million golds worth of mats for a hundred vouchers! Ermmmm.... no!

And due to the way JC works it will never be viable in its current format.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    BOYCOTT jewellery crafting writs. Zos looks at numbers. No one doing Jewellery writs will make ZOS pay attention to their mess.
  • Havoc1971
    Havoc1971
    Soul Shriven
    I've been getting JC Master writs but they're just too damn expensive for what you get. I've banked them hoping in the future they might be worth doing but not while the gold mats are so scarce and the drop rate so low.

I've got higher priorities like trying to get enough gold mats to gold up some of my existing sets and I doubt i'll even be trying to craft sets for sale because the cost to purple up a set, it's still cheaper to just buy a BOE set and go with crafted armour instead
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every thing about JC smells of reluctance to implement as something we can actually use. I've done writs and refined enough mats that I have well over 4k platinum... and I have 1.3 gold platings. At this rate I may have the 8 I need to make just 1 item legendary by Thanksgiving. No joke, do the math.