The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

JC Max Tier Writs = Bugged 100%

• Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW IM LOVING THE RARITY!!!

so sick of these pvp pugs wanting crafting done because theyre too lazy to research something every once in a while. with JC being relegated to a kind-of 'do it yourself or it wont get done' kind of craft they can all suck eggs and pay those with know 1000's of gold. Rarity = gold. Remember that. I will be selling zero of my gold grains and keeping anything I collect for my own personal jewellery making.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW IM LOVING THE RARITY!!!

so sick of these pvp pugs wanting crafting done because theyre too lazy to research something every once in a while. with JC being relegated to a kind-of 'do it yourself or it wont get done' kind of craft they can all suck eggs and pay those with know 1000's of gold. Rarity = gold. Remember that. I will be selling zero of my gold grains and keeping anything I collect for my own personal jewellery making.

To be fair, I don't think they're worth enough currently considering the rarity. I can pull on average 5 of each other gold mat per day just through daily writs. A few more sprinkled in from harvesting and refining as well as hirelings. At 2500g - 5000g each, those are far more gold for the effort involved than the 12k - 14k that a chromium grain is going for and I see maybe 2 of those per day, almost exclusively from refining.
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this. they should certainly be worth a lot more than 12K. a nice round 20K at least seems fair to me. not that it matters. cause im not selling any!!

Edited by Logicbomb00 on June 20, 2018 3:55AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've still only managed to get 2 legendary grains since day 1 from all my 15 Max tier JCfers during the first week of launch, and those 2 only dropped on day 1, nothing else since then
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still no fix yet, doh ^
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fix yet and also no comment at all from ZOS. It's like they think we'll just let this one go and they can sweep it under the rug.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No fix yet and also no comment at all from ZOS. It's like they think we'll just let this one go and they can sweep it under the rug.

Yeah i'm not letting it go after getting all 15 of my chars max JC during the first week thinking it would be profitable, they're probably just biding time so that everyone can catch up tbh
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also I noticed the other problem is they add the health/stam/magica grains in place of actual upgrading material grains in like 90% of the writs as well which sucks, were supposed to get actual upgrading material not trait material gah
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on June 20, 2018 3:59PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rarity really makes no sense considering how small the difference between epic and legendary is.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm saving my jewellery survey's for better days in jewellery crafting, saving jewellery writs too, one worth 114 vouchers-only have 2 gold plates and this is going to take forever to do a set.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah im just going on what my JC results have been so far. Im in no way relating them to any of the 1000's upon 1000's of max tier writs I've done (been doing since release on 15 alts). These other crafts have nothing to do with JC and should never be related against each other.

the way I'VE seen JC work, is that as a necessity due to gold restrictions, I've had to stagger my research and levelling. So far I have 5 max JC and 10 at alternate levels. So i'd say a better sample size that someone with 15 full JC's. I can see the diff. The more research done the more I seem to get purple / gold upgrade mats. It's just how it seems to be.

one. you STILL get grains. not full upgrade mats. GRAINS. which extends the upgrade process by a lot and no matter how you try to justify it, MAKES MASTER WRITS 10 TIMES AS EXPENSIVE TO CRAFT becasue of it, while rewarding absolutely pitiful amount of vouchers.

two. I have all the passives maxed, my research is currently 8/9 necks, working on 6/9 rings. not maxed on traits, but pretty far along. i have YET to see a single gold grain dropping from daily writ bags. moreover, i didn't even start refining most of my dust until I had my passives maxed and guess how many gold mats i have so far? 1.6

yep. now, if it were any other professions (and YES we DO get to compare them, becasue its all part of gear crafting system), that would mean I could gold out 2 pieces. not ideal, but.. ok, I can work with that. I will not be able to make a single piece of gold jewelry for.. i don't even know how long, give the way my luck was going. 100 vouchers for that much work? SOMETHING is JUST a bit off here (you know, just a tad /sarcasm), even without involving player driven economy.

/reads the rest of your replies. oh right, why am i arguing with someone who is THAT breathtakingly bad at math....
    Edited by Linaleah on June 20, 2018 5:01PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the drop rates for mats being pretty low, no hireling & people generally having a short supply of mats I really don't see why you'd bother with master writs. People on xbox EU are struggling to sell them at lower prices than normal
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    yeah im just going on what my JC results have been so far. Im in no way relating them to any of the 1000's upon 1000's of max tier writs I've done (been doing since release on 15 alts). These other crafts have nothing to do with JC and should never be related against each other.

the way I'VE seen JC work, is that as a necessity due to gold restrictions, I've had to stagger my research and levelling. So far I have 5 max JC and 10 at alternate levels. So i'd say a better sample size that someone with 15 full JC's. I can see the diff. The more research done the more I seem to get purple / gold upgrade mats. It's just how it seems to be.

one. you STILL get grains. not full upgrade mats. GRAINS. which extends the upgrade process by a lot and no matter how you try to justify it, MAKES MASTER WRITS 10 TIMES AS EXPENSIVE TO CRAFT becasue of it, while rewarding absolutely pitiful amount of vouchers.

two. I have all the passives maxed, my research is currently 8/9 necks, working on 6/9 rings. not maxed on traits, but pretty far along. i have YET to see a single gold grain dropping from daily writ bags. moreover, i didn't even start refining most of my dust until I had my passives maxed and guess how many gold mats i have so far? 1.6

yep. now, if it were any other professions (and YES we DO get to compare them, becasue its all part of gear crafting system), that would mean I could gold out 2 pieces. not ideal, but.. ok, I can work with that. I will not be able to make a single piece of gold jewelry for.. i don't even know how long, give the way my luck was going. 100 vouchers for that much work? SOMETHING is JUST a bit off here (you know, just a tad /sarcasm), even without involving player driven economy.

/reads the rest of your replies. oh right, why am i arguing with someone who is THAT breathtakingly bad at math....

Yeah and the traits are only supposed to affect MW drops not actual temper drops, which leads me to believe the grain coding is messed up and also it gives us trait grains like 95% of the time rather than upgrading material grains, I mean really what other craft gives you only trait gems 95% of the time.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    JC master writs are a joke - I got one asking for an Epic ring - for which I'll get 8 vouchers.

LOL

I've never got a chromium grain from max level writ.

At least I got a decent legendary clothing MW - I just need to learn the Scale caller motif smh.
    Edited by AndyMac on June 20, 2018 9:49PM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fix please ^
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am in the “working as intended” camp. Frustrating as it is I’m also a little glad it’s this way. Swamping the game with gold crafted jewellery seems just wrong. The player population pushed for jewellery crafting ZOS never really wanted to implement it, why would they when the golden vendor gold sink was doing its job. Too many greedy players have had their hopes of easy gold dashed that’s all.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in the “working as intended” camp. Frustrating as it is I’m also a little glad it’s this way. Swamping the game with gold crafted jewellery seems just wrong. The player population pushed for jewellery crafting ZOS never really wanted to implement it, why would they when the golden vendor gold sink was doing its job. Too many greedy players have had their hopes of easy gold dashed that’s all.

then they should have never added gold jewelry requiring writs in a first place, let alone made them award such a pitiful number of writs (or purple writs for that matter. make gold mates ultra rare, whatever, but why is everything else just as inaccessible? since when is purple jewelry special? what about blue? why the heck should it take THIS much farming to craft a jewelry box to put on a table? I thought we have learned that particular lesson after dwemmer furniture?

and then there was the whole thing with food writs, you know the ones.. the perfect roe ones. which were STILL not as bad as these JC writs, and guess what? people complained and ZoS finally adjusted them. so how is THIS working as intended?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • AgentOrangeR
    To add, I've been doing JC writs since day 1 on one character, no surveys, no chromium platings or MW (won't make them anyways) yet from them, but yesterday I refined about 60 platinum and got 3 chromium platings. RNG gods were with me ☺ I don't think I have extraction passive maxed out yet, I'm level 39 in JC. Will repeat that next time I'm on.

And for those complaining about lack of nodes, it must be bad luck as they are plenty. Takes me about 5-10 mins to farm enough mats for 2-3 daily writs, that includes picking up other mats in the process
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    To put this in terms that ZOS might actually care about, I bought a couple of one-day JC scrolls from the crown store when Summerset dropped to help get the "all traits learned" achievement within the first week or so.

Having got that, and plugged away with the writ voucher scrolls on all my toons I'm now looking at the research time for the rest of the eighth trait on neck and then two ninth traits research times on my main crafter.

Now, given the pointless nature of it, there's not much chance I would buy the 15-day scrolls to speed that research up.
    Edited by Mirelurk on June 21, 2018 8:22AM
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only had chromium grains from refining: I got 2 grains from refining about 1.4k platinum. I haven't seen a swift jewellery item in my rewards yet. But at least I am getting surveys, though I'm going to need a lot of platinum to get enough grains to make a plate, and we need 8 of them... so (1.4k x5) platinum to get 10 grains to make a plate, and that number again x 8 to get enough to max a ring. But as I said - at least I'm getting surveys.
    Jewellery is traditionally made from rare items where furniture is made from the cheapest. Except in ESO you need rare materials to make furniture - gave up on that.
    Considering a gold ring from the golden trader costs 150k at best, 250k usually, we can expect crafting jewellery to be expensive too. I don't have a huge problem with that.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If all tiers of JC writs award gold mats at the same rate (less than 0.5%) and all tiers of JC writs award surveys at the same rate and master JC writs are worth nothing due to the silly cost to reward ratio, then why would anyone ever want to do a JC writ above tier 1? If it is working as intended then players are actually penalized for doing higher tier writs. Sure, it's possible that it's working as intended, but one has to wonder why players get a lower reward payout as they advance through the skill line and level up.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got a 3rd legendary grain today, but I highly doubt it was a fix took nearly 400 max tier writs to get 3
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on June 22, 2018 4:36AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still no fix^
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of a comment on this issue, ZOS? I noticed there is no maintenance this week so that's another 7+ days with no fix in sight and absolute silence from the people I'm paying monthly. No, I don't expect an immediate fix, but it would be very nice if there was at least some acknowledgement of the problem. Keeping your heads in the sand concerning max tier writs and the laughable master writs isn't helping anyone.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I mean really this has been out a month on pc already come on Zo$
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fix please ^
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just put in my weekly bug report concerning gold mat drop chance and master writs.

Fix please.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix the bugged drops, come on lol
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't mind having a dev look at this image and tell me what is wrong...

vAjFQMD.png

9... 9 vouchers for something which the trait item alone is going to cost 20 vouchers to buy. Yes, someone can tell me all they want that I can get the rings/necks in that trait from writs and break them down. But that is even worse especially when I have received only one of those and I have 3 master writs asking for swift and that assumes I would get a full trait item from decon instead of just 1/10th via pulverized.

-edit- Also want to add the master writ drop rate on JC master writs seems a LOT higher than other crafts.
    Edited by Runs on June 25, 2018 2:37PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind having a dev look at this image and tell me what is wrong...

vAjFQMD.png

9... 9 vouchers for something which the trait item alone is going to cost 20 vouchers to buy. Yes, someone can tell me all they want that I can get the rings/necks in that trait from writs and break them down. But that is even worse especially when I have received only one of those and I have 3 master writs asking for swift and that assumes I would get a full trait item from decon instead of just 1/10th via pulverized.

The fact that there has not been a dev comment on the state of the jewelry master writs is legitimately insulting

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 25, 2018 2:37PM