The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

JC Max Tier Writs = Bugged 100%

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Runs wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind having a dev look at this image and tell me what is wrong...

vAjFQMD.png

9... 9 vouchers for something which the trait item alone is going to cost 20 vouchers to buy. Yes, someone can tell me all they want that I can get the rings/necks in that trait from writs and break them down. But that is even worse especially when I have received only one of those and I have 3 master writs asking for swift and that assumes I would get a full trait item from decon instead of just 1/10th via pulverized.

The fact that there has not been a dev comment on the state of the jewelry master writs is legitimately insulting

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Agreed. There is absolutely zero chance that what is showing in that image is working as intended. ZOS dropped the ball and the silence is not appreciated at all.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

9... 9 vouchers for something which the trait item alone is going to cost 20 vouchers to buy. Yes, someone can tell me all they want that I can get the rings/necks in that trait from writs and break them down. But that is even worse especially when I have received only one of those and I have 3 master writs asking for swift and that assumes I would get a full trait item from decon instead of just 1/10th via pulverized.

The fact that there has not been a dev comment on the state of the jewelry master writs is legitimately insulting

Agreed. There is absolutely zero chance that what is showing in that image is working as intended. ZOS dropped the ball and the silence is not appreciated at all.

One of the most frustrating things about this studio is that they can be presented with information that clearly shows they ****** up royally and instead of coming out right away and apologizing and saying that they will do better they wait months until the next major update and push out a fix. Even if you are going to wait 3 months to fix stuff, which is extremely frustrating, please just come in and acknowledge that the person who designed the writs has 0 contact with the rest of the jewelry crafting dev team.

It's a smaller issue on the grand scale of things to be fair, however, that such a glaringly obvious issue was allowed to go live on all platforms says a HELL of a lot about the quality control that exists over there.

Anyone can think about the 10x requirement to upgrade jewels and take one look at the master writs and realize there was an issue.

No one looked.

No one double-checked.

No one cared.

Welcome to ZoS.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Just a friendly reminder to keep all posts civil, constructive, and on topic.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

@ZOS_GregoryV do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have players asking for comment from staff in a thread, only to have the staff comment be "Behave"?

Is it possible for the community to get an on-topic response as well or is that asking too much?

You forget you're dealing with the masters of non-communication here. They will be silent, or tell you the absolute minimum about any given subject. But to be fair, I don't believe the forum monitors are privy to the coding and statistical goings on, so not entirely fair to take it out on them. They will tell you exactly what their superiors tell them to say.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Greetings all,

Just a friendly reminder to keep all posts civil, constructive, and on topic.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

@ZOS_GregoryV do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have players asking for comment from staff in a thread, only to have the staff comment be "Behave"?

Is it possible for the community to get an on-topic response as well or is that asking too much?

You forget you're dealing with the masters of non-communication here. They will be silent, or tell you the absolute minimum about any given subject. But to be fair, I don't believe the forum monitors are privy to the coding and statistical goings on, so not entirely fair to take it out on them. They will tell you exactly what their superiors tell them to say.

That's what EA did though, and looked how that turned out :#
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

I can think of a *slim* chance case that it could be working as intended - they intend to decrease the difficulty of obtaining JC mats in the near future, and don't want to deal with the fallout of reworking the JC master writs when they do. If the master writs gave reasonable rewards now, they'd give ridiculous rewards when mats were more available. The way they are now, if JC becomes more rewarding, it is all more rewarding - instead of needing to nerf master writs people are already holding to keep them reasonable. Hey, I can dream, right? :(
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »

vAjFQMD.png

I can think of a *slim* chance case that it could be working as intended - they intend to decrease the difficulty of obtaining JC mats in the near future, and don't want to deal with the fallout of reworking the JC master writs when they do. If the master writs gave reasonable rewards now, they'd give ridiculous rewards when mats were more available. The way they are now, if JC becomes more rewarding, it is all more rewarding - instead of needing to nerf master writs people are already holding to keep them reasonable. Hey, I can dream, right? :(

They could have atleast added hirelings to balance it then to begin with tbh, also Alchemy really needs them as well
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

I can think of a *slim* chance case that it could be working as intended - they intend to decrease the difficulty of obtaining JC mats in the near futureand don't want to deal with the fallout of reworking the JC master writs when they do. If the master writs gave reasonable rewards now, they'd give ridiculous rewards when mats were more available. The way they are now, if JC becomes more rewarding, it is all more rewarding - instead of needing to nerf master writs people are already holding to keep them reasonable. Hey, I can dream, right? :(

So, explain why a master writ requiring swift trait (20 voucher material cost) rewards us with 8 vouchers? I think it's more a case of dead calculator batteries than future cost planning.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

I can think of a *slim* chance case that it could be working as intended - they intend to decrease the difficulty of obtaining JC mats in the near futureand don't want to deal with the fallout of reworking the JC master writs when they do. If the master writs gave reasonable rewards now, they'd give ridiculous rewards when mats were more available. The way they are now, if JC becomes more rewarding, it is all more rewarding - instead of needing to nerf master writs people are already holding to keep them reasonable. Hey, I can dream, right? :(

So, explain why a master writ requiring swift trait (20 voucher material cost) rewards us with 8 vouchers? I think it's more a case of dead calculator batteries than future cost planning.

That right there is the most embarrassing aspect of the system. Every other element could have some sort of explanation, even if it's a poor one. The fact that a swift master writ awards 8 vouchers and you absolutely have to invest 20 vouchers into it is a sign that ZOS has internal communication problems in addition to their external ones. If they can't even talk to the people in the next cubicle, how can we ever expect them to talk with us.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 25, 2018 7:26PM
    Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    These max tier writs are bugged, no matter what you say it has to be i've been doing 15 max tier JC writs since week 1 every day and yet still only have had 2 legendary grains drop all this time, and that was only from the first day as well.

I have received no gold mats from 2 weeks of jewelry master writs. I am going to respec back to level 1 jewelry crafting to stop using up platinum in the writs. Normally there are 4 reasons to have max tier crafting. These are:

1) To craft things
    2) To get max level mats from hirelings
    3) To get gold mats from writs
    4) To get master writs from writs.

There are actually no reasons to have the points in jewely because you can retrait (the only thing jewelry crafting is good for) without it and:

1) You will never craft jewelry because it is, and always will be, stupid expensive.
    2) There are no hirelings
    3) You get no gold mats from writs
    4) The master writs are worthless since it costs ~1.5m for 100k worth of vouchers.

Zos is just stupid. I wish I had not put the points in because now I have to pay to respec and go through the annoyance of putting all my points back in everything else.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

They plan to reduce the voucher cost of the trait stone along with adjusting the availability of the other JC mats? I'm not advocating that this is indeed their plan (I personally don't think it's likely) - but like I said, "I can dream". They certainly know this is completely broken as it currently stands.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

They plan to reduce the voucher cost of the trait stone along with adjusting the availability of the other JC mats? I'm not advocating that this is indeed their plan (I personally don't think it's likely) - but like I said, "I can dream". They certainly know this is completely broken as it currently stands.

Do they know? At this point I'm not so sure anymore. Nothing has changed in the system since it was released. If they knew then, why would they release it in that state? This particular issue isn't even a hard fix. Adjust the voucher cost of the swift stone to below the voucher reward of the master writ. 3 minutes of work.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 25, 2018 7:59PM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

Do they know? At this point I'm not so sure anymore. Nothing has changed in the system since it was released. If they knew then, why would they release it in that state? This particular issue isn't even a hard fix. Adjust the voucher cost of the swift stone to below the voucher reward of the master writ. 3 minutes of work.

Problem with this is, even if they make the cost of Gilding Wax between 1 and 7 vouchers for an 8 voucher reward, you're still in the hole for the other material costs, plus time wasted even doing it in the first place. But, if they raise the voucher reward to say, 40, or something similar, it's not insulting.
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

"Broken" master writ feedback was given during the PTS, and in a number of threads since it went live. They know. They have chosen to not alter it, and to not comment on it. Why?
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

"Broken" master writ feedback was given during the PTS, and in a number of threads since it went live. They know. They have chosen to not alter it, and to not comment on it. Why?

As long as they remain silent and don't comment, I have to assume they don't know. Either they have missed those threads or the bug reports have gone missing or whatever. Until I see a comment, I'll keep this thread alive under the assumption that they are simply unaware of the issue.
    Options
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are lucky youre not on x1, i paid 33k for 1 zircon. Chromium is in the 120k range.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    These max tier writs are bugged, no matter what you say it has to be i've been doing 15 max tier JC writs since week 1 every day and yet still only have had 2 legendary grains drop all this time, and that was only from the first day as well.

I have received no gold mats from 2 weeks of jewelry master writs. I am going to respec back to level 1 jewelry crafting to stop using up platinum in the writs. Normally there are 4 reasons to have max tier crafting. These are:

1) To craft things
    2) To get max level mats from hirelings
    3) To get gold mats from writs
    4) To get master writs from writs.

There are actually no reasons to have the points in jewely because you can retrait (the only thing jewelry crafting is good for) without it and:

1) You will never craft jewelry because it is, and always will be, stupid expensive.
    2) There are no hirelings
    3) You get no gold mats from writs
    4) The master writs are worthless since it costs ~1.5m for 100k worth of vouchers.

Zos is just stupid. I wish I had not put the points in because now I have to pay to respec and go through the annoyance of putting all my points back in everything else.

Agreed, they need to add hirelings to balance the horrible insane non existant droprates
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    Inklings wrote: »
    Has anyone else felt like the gold mat drops for all writs have been drastically reduced since Summerset? before the patch my writ characters were getting 2-4 gold mats every day and usually it was 3. Since Summerset dropped I am lucky if I get 1 gold mat per crafter per day and it is a substantial, noticible difference. I guess it's possible it is just bad RNG but this is the 8th day in a row where no crafter has gotten more than 1 gold mat. Anyone else?

It's fine for me. I'm not seeing a flux in either direction. I do Max level writs on 30 characters a day on two accounts and my numbers have stayed the same as they were pre Summerset.

Well I was mostly talking about the new JC writs, not the previous ones I still get those from time to time off and on but the new JC writs are basically none existant

Yeah I know YOU were. Some one else was trying to say all gold mats are not dropping as well as they were and I wanted to squash that false rumor.

Your 100% right about max level jewelry crafting writs though. . Completely useless to be doing them. The only thing they offer that lower tiers don't is swift trait items and master writs. Both that are basically useless at this point in the game. Swift can be bought on the market for much cheep then it takes to level jewelry crafting and farm the traits. Master writs at this point arnt even worth thinking about completing with the current cost/reward ratio.

ZOS needs to publicly address these asap. Jewelry crafting writs are by far the most important part of Summerset. It's the only aspect of the chapter that carries on once youve completed it. We deserve to know how they should be performing. No reason to not tell us with an definite yes or no, that this is how they should be working.

I saw someone trying to sell a 100+ voucher master writ in chat. I wonder if anyone was clueless enough to pay a lot for that. I would buy it for cheap, speculating on a future change. But I mean super cheap.
    Options
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭

f047ys3v3n wrote: »

Totally agree.

I think I'll keep one crafter fully specced out just in case I need to make something for a friend or guildie. I just won't do writs on him.

Doing writs at anything other than level 1 just sends you backwards.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

Options
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure there was a ZOS party when the Bless reviews came out, no need for Plan B... :|
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

One of the most frustrating things about this studio is that they can be presented with information that clearly shows they ****** up royally and instead of coming out right away and apologizing and saying that they will do better they wait months until the next major update and push out a fix. Even if you are going to wait 3 months to fix stuff, which is extremely frustrating, please just come in and acknowledge that the person who designed the writs has 0 contact with the rest of the jewelry crafting dev team.

It's a smaller issue on the grand scale of things to be fair, however, that such a glaringly obvious issue was allowed to go live on all platforms says a HELL of a lot about the quality control that exists over there.

Anyone can think about the 10x requirement to upgrade jewels and take one look at the master writs and realize there was an issue.

No one looked.

No one double-checked.

No one cared.

Welcome to ZoS.

And we complained about the jewelry master writs multiple times, for weeks during the PTS--this wasn't some last-minute issue; this is something people had talked about since the second week of testing. ZOS has no excuse. Period.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no comment from ZOS.

Fix please.
    Options
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been giving away my master writs for free. Their only value is the humor of sharing/linking them.

Getting 20k inspiration for completing an lv50 writ is weird too. I'm already at 50 so it does nothing.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vAjFQMD.png

-edit- Also want to add the master writ drop rate on JC master writs seems a LOT higher than other crafts.

i got the swift writ to for 9 vouchers...

first thought i had = how am i going to find a sucker to buy this!?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still no comment from ZOS.

Fix please.

^
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence solves no problems. It only serves to frustrate your player base.

Fix please.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over 2 weeks of developer silence since this thread was created. Over a month of silence since the issue was first noted.

Silence is the death of communication.

Fix please.
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Runs I feel ya, got a 10 voucher writ today... swift, morkulin, epic

Can someone please hand me a hammer and a nail? I like to put it on the wall for those times I need a good laugh.

Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Over 2 weeks of developer silence since this thread was created. Over a month of silence since the issue was first noted.

Silence is the death of communication.

Fix please.

Yeah the drop rate is really non existant for legendary grains, I only got 3 out of like what nearly 600 max tier JC writs now
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is admirably quick when addressing Crown Store motif issues:
    Quick update: We'll actually be able to fix both PC and console versions next Monday (rather than console waiting until the incremental in 3 weeks). We're still discussing when/how anyone affected will be fixed, but we'll have news on that soon.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could I please impress you to address the problem of jewelry crafting master writ reward vouchers with the same sort of expediency as this little Crown Store motif embarrassment?

After all, this was an issue that's been reported multiple times since the second week of PTS two months ago, and I know @ZOS_RichLambert has some jewelry master writs that were gifted to him in-game by players that I'm certain he's eager to do, so surely you should have a fix ready to be slipped into a quick incremental update by this point?
    Edited by code65536 on June 28, 2018 2:03PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16 days of silence since this thread was created.

Fun Fact

If JC writs had the same gold mat drop chance as BS/Cloth/WW, then 16 days is how long it would take someone with 15 toons doing max JC writs everyday to accumulate 80 chromium grains (on average).

So if you're one of the players that's been doing max tier writs daily and not getting standard returns, ZOS has tossed a full gold upgrade in the trash for you as of this morning.

Fix please.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 29, 2018 12:18PM
    Options