Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the looks really, not even that so much as the invisible body markings I paid good money for. Dont care if we keep the vampire look, I just want to see my tattoos
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on June 1, 2018 5:24AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrapLord wrote: »
    I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.

I feel that Vampirism should be looked at, and the 25% flame damage should be 10-15% at most.

25% is just not fair. Seeing as how flame staffs already deal direct damage, and light and heavy attacks scale so much better of Max Magicka, vampires take way to much damage during this Summerset patch.

I say the opposite to this.

Increase the penalty. Force a skill slot to access passives.

Too many people are vampire just for the resource passives.

Make being a vamp be a meaningful choice. Buff fighters guild skill damage against them, fire, or force a skill on bar.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    1) Complaint number One: I Have To Grow Fangs

Vampirism is pretty much mandatory for certain class/playstyle combinations, such as MDK in PvP.

Make defensive mobility/snare resistance more widely available via more class/world/guild/weapon/armour skills. I basically need to use 3 skills from separate lines (not even mentioning the need to equip certain items) to achieve what I get by using Elusive Mist alone.

Also, make fast sneaking/quick hiding more available. Medium armour passive, thieves guild, Dark brotherhood, or legerdemain skills. Having to sacrifice a 5-piece set bonus is ridiculous.

2) Complaint number Two: Dawnbreaker Hurts Like Hell

Vampire weaknesses seem to be almost too specific: Dawnbreaker Ultimate.

Fire damage, too, but that's one specific build: DK firemage, and it's often manageable. Dawnbreakers, on the other hand, are handed out left and right by almost every Stam build (which is a good half of Cyro population).

It's a very strong Ultimate to use even against non-vampires (or non-transformed werewolves), but it smacks vamps really hard, and is difficult to avoid.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, aside from some skill issues. Pretty decent. Good risk/reward for passives for PvP. Ult is good and mist is balanced with smart use.

Personally I dropped it since I run FM, and extra health recovery is nice for dealing with the pressure meta, also not being gaped by dawnbreakers/fire attacks helps.

Make the gap close Ult allow you to gap close away whilst it's up for a mag cost. Would be useful as an escape, vs stand your ground. And a good replacement for the invis.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampires have become the new squishies of PvP.

25% extra flame damage is insane! Fighting DKs is similar to fighting an emperor, a stage 4 vampire is at a massive disadvantage and has very slim chances of winning. Also every staff build does add some extra pressure, especially if flame reach is used as a spammable. Also Zaan and Skoria areeven more effective when fighting a vampire.

The 20% increased dawnbreaker dmg also hurts. Every stamina build except nightblades and maybe dks runs this ulti, so you'll encounter it very often in pvp.

It has come to a point, where a vampire is at a severe disadvantage against almost every build out there. The benefits are far outweighed by the "side effects" of being a vampire. This needs to be looked at.

Second problem is the absolutely hideous appearance of vampires!!!
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally i think the passives are too punishing. 25% more fire damage is 5xjulianus as bonus damage in addition to less hp regen.

I WANT THE INVISIBLE BAT SWARM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the skills for me. I'm currently running a hybrid that was gonna be an ult gen bat spammer. Drain ult gen is ok I guess, elusive mist is decent, bats seem weak, but what do I get for using all these skills ok a bar? Nothing should be llike +1s per vamp skill on bar or something. Every other skill line has a perk for the more of those skills slotted. But those skills in general just feel weak drain essence is ok but the ult gen doesn't feel worth it most the time. Bats just see weak to me I've been testing it in duels vs other guildies who are rolling hybrids and it just seems to tickle them. Mist is probably the best skill and used the most.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    The passives are fine, the extra flame damage is enough of a punishment. If you want vampire to be more unique, I would complain about active skills.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    1. Appearance
    2. Only mean to achieve fast sneak speed for group pvp

Agreed - my two biggest pain points as well.

Also, playing a magicka Templar in pvp, opinion on forums was go vampire or bust. I might drop Mist Form finally, reason being when 1vXed I die anyway. Like others have said, vampire is a crutch to make up for inherent class weaknesses (ran than a fun alternative path itself). Also going for undaunted as a tank with vampire sounds like a real pain (fire damage).
    Edited by worsttankever on June 1, 2018 5:13PM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vampire line seems very good as it is.

The 25% extra damage and is a good trade-off for the benefits of the added regen, reduced damage at low health and the skills.

The lower health recovery is not that big of a deal either way since unless someone is actually building for health recovery it does not add up to much with or without the negative side here. Again, the fire damage is sufficient. Heck, I learned to avoid damage better once I became a vampire.

The Morphs of skills seem fine, I use drain for ultimate and mist form the grants momentum buff and am pleased with their benefits and iirc magicka does not regen while mist form is active, again a fair trade off.

Personally think this is fairly balanced.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only have 1 complaint about vampirism which is that 25% increased flame damage taken is excessive. Reduce to 10% at stage 4 and extend to Shock damage as well.

+10% Flame & Shock damage taken, +20% Fighters Guild damage taken, and Prismatic weapon procs are plenty of bane for the boons vampirism provides.
  • Carcharodontosaurus
    1. Appearance. I would really like it if the body markings did not show up faded, they just look weird on vampires as they are now. Just because vampires are pale should not affect the ink in tattoos.
    2. I wish there was more of a reason to use vampire feeding in the game, sure reducing the stages is fine but it feels like there should be something a little more done to the target. At least to line up with the visuals, an enormous amount of blood comes from the target, but the targets health bar isn't even changed by this trauma.
    Just to clarify I am not asking for more dmg to players in PVP at all, in fact, I'd hate it in PVP, but I'm asking for increased dmg through feeding to the NPCs where it is currently allowed.
  • Lunaugh
    Lunaugh
    ✭✭✭
    Ahoy Vampire Rep:
    1.) Appearance: tattoos and tiger stripes should not change as a result of turning into a vampire
    2.) Make blood-drain a melee with a grapple animation (having a mysterious pipe of blood flowing directly into the caster is very strange. Give us bites!)
    dataOutput ={ }
    function: ConvertMagica (dataOutput, magicaInput, skill,fn)
    >>> if skill then do
    >>>>>> magicaInput = fn(skill)
    >>>>>>table.insert(dataOutput, magicaInput)
    >>>end
    end
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) hide vamparism option. We can hide monster sets, our arena weapons, and make our heavy gear look like light gear. I can tank in a bathing towel and I can hide my race with a polymorph. There is no reason not to give us a skin to hide vamparism with that doesn't make us look like a flashlight.

2) the disadvantages such as fire damage and dawnbreaker being everywhere is enough, cosmetics should not be a punishment
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Being a Vampire feels like just having more passives. There are only 3 vampire skills, and they have very niche uses.

2) Vampiric Drain feels awful in every way. I'd prefer it to be something like Swallow Soul instead.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Fix faded tattos
    2. More/rework skills
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp drain needs serious work, it's one of the worst abilities in the game (look out, soul trap), tiny damage with low healing (unless you're running a troll max HP build).

And the worst part is that it stuns your opponent while you channel it. The point of stunning in pvp is to use the CC to finish off an opponent with a burst of damage or to use the breathing room to heal up or reapply buffs/debuffs. But because you channel the ability, you basically give the enemy free CC immunity while stunlocking yourself into a channel that isn't providing significant healing or damage.

The Ulti gen is nice though.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To somehow counter the majority's aversion to current look of the vamps, I'd say don't change the vamps please, they look ok. It's just our creativity that needs to be improved. My vamps look good enough.

1. but tattooes needs to be improved.
    2. 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is not excessive in my opinion. To counter this simply add 14-15% on Elemental Defender from The Lady Champions. This issue creates a new way of fighting while we know how strong and weak we are in different situations. I like how it looks.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Ugly - I hate that there is no option to hide the red eyes and the hideous skin. There are few costumes that hide the eyes, so I've been thankful for the ability to use outfits. All my vampire characters are fully covered from head to toe (but the tail... how to cover that?). I suppose I should be glad that the disease doesn't also force a personality that has them hobble on a staff and shout "Unclean, Unclean!"
    2. Feeding - The animation... seriously?! It looks like it was pulled from a cartoon (here I'm thinking a darker Teen Titans, Go! maybe... yeah, the kiddos watch it). Something like blade of woe would at least be fun in RP rather than just silly. Speaking of blade of woe, without the add-on, it's way to easy to feed when you want to assassinate. In the end, I just run the add-on, never feed and run stage 4 all the time. The regen is nice... remind me why would I feed, again?
  • AlphaWolfBeast
    AlphaWolfBeast
    Soul Shriven
    1. Add Vampire lord form a horrifying bat beast form as a vampire ultimate.
    2. Add a regular human skin in the crown store that will hide vampirism.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been a vamp for years but I don’t even use Mist Form anymore. Literally the only reason I use it is for Undeath, the single most underrated passive around.

I’m actually good with it the way it is except for one thing ... bat swarm needs to be made equal (or similar) to the destro ultimate. There’s no reason to use it now.

Are you talking about for PvE or PvP?

Does Undeath outweigh the weakness to fire for you? Undeath's mitigation ramps up very slowly.

What about the healing on bats? Is that not worth considering? Destro only does damage.

Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be of the mind that we needed a hide vampirism option, as my male breton sorcerer vampire always just looked so... dead.

But then after having been away from the game for awhile, I decided I wanted to try playing a night blade so that they'd be more cut out for stealth missions, and since I had some female clothing from boxes, I thought I might as well make them a nord woman, and... I've got to say, in stage 1, just putting a little makeup around the eyes and on the lips does wonders to hide your undeadness, and with the added perk of being immersive. You're still a touch vainy, but... As pale as you are, of course you would be.

I think it is the dead looking lips that are the worse offender with making them look... Wrong.

... That being said, the faded tattoos are just annoying, and just... Why? Hell, it's "undead" not "dead". In many cases our characters got those things after becoming a vampire... Why are they even faded? :/
    Edited by Shgon_Dunstan on June 4, 2018 6:12AM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missing days when being vampire was as we can say - high risk for nice reward..but it was a big rosk for this reward, now we have almost no risk

maka again skills in FG deal much more damage against undeads etc but not that mach to be able 1shot someone on pvp with 20k health without heavy armor like it was possible in old days where it was jsut double damage to undeads?

now vampires have to much rewards from just passives and even their additional damage taken from fire is negated under 50% health from their undead passive
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been a vamp for years but I don’t even use Mist Form anymore. Literally the only reason I use it is for Undeath, the single most underrated passive around.

I’m actually good with it the way it is except for one thing ... bat swarm needs to be made equal (or similar) to the destro ultimate. There’s no reason to use it now.

Are you talking about for PvE or PvP?

Does Undeath outweigh the weakness to fire for you? Undeath's mitigation ramps up very slowly.

What about the healing on bats? Is that not worth considering? Destro only does damage.

Bats are just so so atm. My problem with bats is when you use the ult to dps it's lack luster, when you use it as a heal it's just average. Especially when you compare it to really any other offensive ult and resto for the heal. Plus the other morph is just horrible. I would love to see 3 more skills to the vamp line and make it a real skill tree

Edit: I've been giving vamp an honest shot this patch, running a snb/resto ult gen hybrid bat spammer. It's fun but...well...
    Edited by Datthaw on June 5, 2018 10:29AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1- ugly
    2- active skills are boring. except mist i guess.

also i dont understand how you peoeple say 25 percent more damage from fire and 20 percent more damage from dawnbreaker is minimal/trivial.

that undeath passive says UP TO 33 percent means lower the health closer you get to that percentage.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    1- ugly
    2- active skills are boring. except mist i guess.

also i dont understand how you peoeple say 25 percent more damage from fire and 20 percent more damage from dawnbreaker is minimal/trivial.

that undeath passive says UP TO 33 percent means lower the health closer you get to that percentage.

yeah I agree, I dropped vamp on my vet magblade because of this. Go into bgs and everyone and thier brother is running dbos. You just can't compete there as a vamp.
  • Fiedelstrich
    Fiedelstrich
    ✭✭
    1. the active skills we have right now could use a rework. Make "Drain Essence" (and morphs) do higher damage over time like Zaan does right now. Let "Bat Swarm" (and morphs) create a tiny bat swarm around the first two enemys that got into the area of the ultimate and do more damage to everyone under 30%

2. more active skills. Would like to see something like a melee magic uppercut that looks like a claw made out of blood and that attack which some of the vampires in ESO already use to turn into a bloodpool. Maybe even an attack which let us bite our enemy to lower our stage while fighting would be a nice feature
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest pain point is lore/story related. I want more NPCs to acknowledge that I am a vampire and more vampire related storylines would be most appreciated. A WW/vamp DLC would be amazing and ideal.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how much dark elf flame resistance passive offset the 25% flame damage increase from being a vampire?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Vampire should be mutually exclusive with more than just Werewolf. The benefits outweigh the costs on almost any build and some builds exclusively rely on Vampire as a crutch in order to be competitive. This has been universally true for Templars and DK's for a long time. Nightblades as well rely heavily on the stealth speed passive (and regen bonuses) like everyone else.
    2. Serious appearance issues: I do not mind the facial rash too much although there might be a better way of conveying what is wanted here. The tattoos, hair and beards are not consistent. I have a night black khajiit that turns smoky gray due to vampirism. The problem with this is that hair/beards are not consistent and it looks bizarre. The same issue occurs with tattoos and facepaint. I'm not clear why golden tattoos become lavender on a High Elf, or why dark blue facepaint becomes barely noticeable on a vampire. In either case these are pigments that have been applied to the skin and have nothing to do with melanin (or whatever passes for melanin in elder scrolls).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>